• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Toa Solek

Toa Light

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 07-August 12
  • 2,816 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2013 - 10:37 PM

A dream realized, a protector created. LinkLinkPlease link to images larger than 100 kB in BBC. -B6 No backstory, just a Solek Toa revamp. This is sort of a follow-up to my [color=#0000ff;]Toa Radiak[/color] MOC, at least stylistically. Short build, bulky legs and torso, small arms, original mask.Feedback is appreciated; more and better MOCs coming soon. ;)

Edited by Black Six, Apr 06 2013 - 08:51 AM.

My experience with graffiti was critical to my success in creating an army of murderous seagulls.

#2 Offline Dragon.star

Dragon.star
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 16-February 13
  • 2,452 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2013 - 10:50 PM

I like the shield design. Dunno why. I also like the bulkiness of the whole thing. One thing I want to say is that you should of made his eyes the original color, to make it more "Solek-like."

#3 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 07-August 12
  • 2,816 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2013 - 10:57 PM

I guess you're right about the eyes. On Radiak, I made the eye color the opposite of what people expected, so I did the same here. Also, how can you not love the Ice Planet 2002 color scheme? XD

My experience with graffiti was critical to my success in creating an army of murderous seagulls.

#4 Offline Darth Kranie

Darth Kranie
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 09-February 12
  • 346 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2013 - 09:33 PM

I like the shield design. Dunno why. I also like the bulkiness of the whole thing. One thing I want to say is that you should of made his eyes the original color, to make it more "Solek-like."

It looks fine to me. The bulkiness is my favorite part. :D

I ship RariDash

BZPRPG Profiles

Ankran, Le-Matoran

Krayne The Rainmaker, Vortixx

Makki, Toa of Air

#5 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 07-August 12
  • 2,816 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2013 - 06:08 AM

Yeah, I have been building a lot of bulky MOCs recently, and experimenting with different factors... for example, this was a very short bulky MOC... :lol:

#6 Offline Auktam Aroluk

Auktam Aroluk
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Misanthropic Linchpin

• 21-June 08
  • 2,001 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 12 2013 - 09:48 PM

After seeing a few of your MOCs, I love your style. I really like the bulkiness of your MOCs and how well you pulled it off, and I think that would really work for some of mine.

fQJfOMQ.png
v3DBLAC.png

#7 Online Underscore

Underscore
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 14-March 13
  • 674 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 12 2013 - 10:07 PM

Looks good. Your mocs are awesome. (I think you should upload them on lego cuusoo)

[color=#b22222;]Edit: Please leave more constructive feedback next time.[/color]

[color=#b22222;]-Wind-[/color]

Edited by -Windrider-, Apr 12 2013 - 11:07 PM.

2xu8Ptu.png

#8 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 07-August 12
  • 2,816 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2013 - 10:28 AM

After seeing a few of your MOCs, I love your style. I really like the bulkiness of your MOCs and how well you pulled it off, and I think that would really work for some of mine.

Thanks Mal. If you think bulkiness would work well, then go ahead and try it! I experiment with a range of sizes and stuff in my MOCs; it's interesting to see what you can accomplish with a little variety. :D 

Looks good. Your mocs are awesome. (I think you should upload them on lego cuusoo)

Thank you. Problem is, I sometimes use illegal connections, or connections that aren't supposed to attach the way they do. My MOCs are also... needlessly complex for CUUSOO, I think. Other reasons too. Glad you like it, though. ;)

#9 Offline Rooster Nui

Rooster Nui
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 15-October 12
  • 1,169 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 15 2013 - 09:20 PM

I can see a fantastic shield design as well as great use of various parts and a great bulky look. Well done!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users