• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Kadin Speed Limit?

kadin flight speed

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,278 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 10 2013 - 08:27 PM

How fast does the Kanohi Kadin (Great Mask of Flight) let you go? The fastest you can run? The fastest you can think? Push yourself? Does the mask naturally give you an increase in speed?

What do you all think?

#2 Offline Core Jalokim

Core Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 119 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2013 - 08:32 PM

That's a good question actually.I would say as fast as you can think, but there would be limits. I just don't know what the limits are. 

this guy is a retired BNGer and is now a fully fledged bio-tuber.

#3 Offline Dragonstar7

Dragonstar7
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,810 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2013 - 08:41 PM

I think maybe a bit faster than one can run. This isn't a mask of speed, so it shouldn't be focused mainly on speed, but it should be faster than running.

#4 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 10,914 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 10 2013 - 08:47 PM

[font="Palatino;"]I'm certainly not much of a storyline expert, but aren't the abilities of masks tied (somewhat) to willpower? The more willpower you have, the better a specific mask will function.I would suppose you'd get an increase in speed just to be able to get off the ground, but I wouldn't think that it's nearly as much as you'd get from, say, a Kakama.[/font]

rotr_banner.png

#5 Offline ToaOfAwesome

ToaOfAwesome
  • Members
  • Toa

• 188 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2013 - 08:55 PM

Allow me to express my opinion...

...in song!

KIDDING!!!

Anyway, imagine you're running. You run as fast as you can, then, your legs start to ache, you get short of breath, and you become exhausted and tired. It is like this with the Kadin, only not physical, but mental. It drains you of focus... concentration. Have you ever done homework until you're what can only be described as "mathed out"? I hope you get what I mean... it is as real as physical speed and exhaustion, only with a different part of the body: your mind.

Read my epic, The Chronicles of Masuko!

Or my comic, Mackron: The Vulture Warrior!

#6 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,198 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Apr 10 2013 - 08:55 PM

I imagine it as about the same as highway speed in real life. Greg described it (minimum) as fast enough you wouldn't want to try to get an object off a cave roof with sharp stalactities, lest you risk impaling yourself (I tried to google the post/quote where he said that though and only found myself summarizing it, so not sure of the exact wording). And maximum should be something manageable, lest you risk just a normal flight slamming you into a tree or whatnot.

#7 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,597 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2013 - 09:16 PM

I think Sumiki's right with the willpower aspect. On the flip side, if you're a Kadin user who's scared of hitting something, you're likely to fly a lot slower.

CHRO IS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL PHOENIX
EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#8 Offline ToaOfAwesome

ToaOfAwesome
  • Members
  • Toa

• 188 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2013 - 09:31 PM

Okay, didn't know about those speed references. Then again, my theory about comparing willpower to manpower might be supported by the fact that, along with increased biomechanical strength, bionicles also possess increased biomechanical willpower, allowing them to go at such speeds.

Read my epic, The Chronicles of Masuko!

Or my comic, Mackron: The Vulture Warrior!

#9 Offline boston100

boston100
  • Members
  • Toa

• 134 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2013 - 09:39 PM

I would say as fast as u can run. thats a really good question though had me thinking for a while

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users