• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Tanma 'rebuilt'

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Makuta Almanax

Makuta Almanax
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 15-May 12
  • 440 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 12:30 PM

I was imagining what it would be like if the Matoran underwent a second 'rebuild' for Spherus Magna in a similar way to how the Mata Nui matoran were rebuilt after the whole Bohrok fiasco. So I wound up building a prototype rebuild MOC, and then made a rebuilt Tanma MOC, and then I wanted to draw him...so here he is!

Posted Image

THUMBNAIL - FULL PICTURE HERE

I'd love to hear what you think about this one...which now I think about it is the first full-bionicle picture that I've made in Photoshop.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters: 
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics)                         SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth)                        MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)                      

#2 Offline Van Hohenheim

Van Hohenheim
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 22-October 11
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 12:56 PM

well, this is quite a good moc drawing. I like how you kind of stuck to the piece designs. it's plausible to actually make this. I can't see much wrong here. the drawing is very different from the usual drawing design, something that I actually like. usually, you find drawings where the drawings have mouths, hands, etc.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

#3 Offline Makuta Almanax

Makuta Almanax
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 15-May 12
  • 440 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 01:02 PM

I know what you mean about sticking to the parts, with the only parts being 'moviefied' being the Bahrag teeth on the chest and those wierd 3-length OOO pieces because og how much I hate drawing circles. I try to avoid hands because I don't like them.So really, I was just trying to draw over the photo of the MOC itself (which i'll probably post in the BBC area later). And of course it's plausable - I built it before drawing it! :P

Edited by Makuta Almanax, Apr 20 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#4 Offline Pyrous Red

Pyrous Red
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 16-February 13
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 01:36 PM

Wow, he's built like a Toa, but still looks like a Matoran. Very nice. Could you do that with more Matoran? I'd love to see somebody really familiar like Kapura rebuilt like that.

Herro there, person.

How are you?

#5 Offline Indigogeek

Indigogeek
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 05-December 10
  • 462 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 02:01 PM

Are we going to see the actual MOC at anytime soon? :) It looks great

Tu2d6W7.jpg

#6 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 23-July 08
  • 3,077 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 02:08 PM

This is nice.  The pieces are instantly recognizable, yet retain a comic-like style.  The build itself is interesting, but seems a bit big for a matoran IMO.  Good job.

76561198040925391.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#7 Offline Makuta Almanax

Makuta Almanax
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 15-May 12
  • 440 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 02:26 PM

I know he's a little big, I was actually trying to work out whether to go with 'rebuilt-matoran-mk-2-for-spherus-magna' or 'toa-tanma', but I felt rebuild suited him better. If I had some smaller parts on hand I'd probably have used them, and thus the drawn version would be smaller too. But still, it makes me just think i should build taller Toa to compensate; I know I've seen a lot of Toa MOCs which appear to be quite large compared to setwise ones.

Wow, he's built like a Toa, but still looks like a Matoran. Very nice. Could you do that with more Matoran? I'd love to see somebody really familiar like Kapura rebuilt like that.

It took me a moment to understand the comment (at first I thought you were asking for a 'more matoran' design :/) 

But I guess if I build some more Matoran like this, then I should be able to draw it - I did this over the photo I took, after all, though I could give a shot at it without a photo. Kapura, though? Odd choice.

Also, MOC page coming up in BBC.

#8 Offline Pyrous Red

Pyrous Red
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 16-February 13
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 02:35 PM

Kapura was just an example. I thought of him because he's just not mentioned very much after the Mata Nui stuff and a bit of the Metru Nui stuff.

Herro there, person.

How are you?

#9 Offline Makuta Almanax

Makuta Almanax
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 15-May 12
  • 440 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 02:48 PM

I see. Well, I don't see why not - as shown in the MOC page of him, I did use a Ta-Matoran as a prototype. It's too bad all my favourite Matoran turned into Toa, otherwise I would have loved to try doing this with Hahli.

#10 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Sushi Boy

• 04-September 06
  • 12,167 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 20 2013 - 08:51 PM

[font="Palatino;"]I left a comment in the MOC topic as well, so I'm not going to go over much of the same stuff here. However, I will say that drawings are a totally different medium, one where the limits are of imagination and not of "has LEGO made this part in that color." As such, it's a perfect opportunity to take a few liberties, such as recoloring the blue pins and maybe redoing some of the upper limb armor. I don't object to this sort of armor in MOCs, considering practical limitations, but it strikes me as odd in a drawing.[/font][font="Palatino;"]I really like the style, though - it's kind of a cross between the comics and the old Flash animations.[/font]

sunlolirain_zpsfrxqrbjy.jpg

#11 Offline Dragon.star

Dragon.star
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 16-February 13
  • 2,440 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 22 2013 - 04:36 PM

Not bad, the style is nice. For an MOC drawing, the details are pretty good as well. I also posted in the MOC topic, so you'll find most of my comments there.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users