Tanma 'rebuilt'

Makuta Almanax

I was imagining what it would be like if the Matoran underwent a second 'rebuild' for Spherus Magna in a similar way to how the Mata Nui matoran were rebuilt after the whole Bohrok fiasco. So I wound up building a prototype rebuild MOC, and then made a rebuilt Tanma MOC, and then I wanted to draw him...so here he is!

tanma_the_av_matoran_rebult_by_lugia61617-d62dc54.png

THUMBNAIL - FULL PICTURE HERE

I'd love to hear what you think about this one...which now I think about it is the first full-bionicle picture that I've made in Photoshop.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

well, this is quite a good moc drawing. I like how you kind of stuck to the piece designs. it's plausible to actually make this. I can't see much wrong here. the drawing is very different from the usual drawing design, something that I actually like. usually, you find drawings where the drawings have mouths, hands, etc.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

I know what you mean about sticking to the parts, with the only parts being 'moviefied' being the Bahrag teeth on the chest and those wierd 3-length OOO pieces because og how much I hate drawing circles. I try to avoid hands because I don't like them.So really, I was just trying to draw over the photo of the MOC itself (which i'll probably post in the BBC area later). And of course it's plausable - I built it before drawing it! :P

Edited by Makuta Almanax

This is nice. The pieces are instantly recognizable, yet retain a comic-like style. The build itself is interesting, but seems a bit big for a matoran IMO. Good job.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I know he's a little big, I was actually trying to work out whether to go with 'rebuilt-matoran-mk-2-for-spherus-magna' or 'toa-tanma', but I felt rebuild suited him better. If I had some smaller parts on hand I'd probably have used them, and thus the drawn version would be smaller too. But still, it makes me just think i should build taller Toa to compensate; I know I've seen a lot of Toa MOCs which appear to be quite large compared to setwise ones.

Wow, he's built like a Toa, but still looks like a Matoran. Very nice. Could you do that with more Matoran? I'd love to see somebody really familiar like Kapura rebuilt like that.

It took me a moment to understand the comment (at first I thought you were asking for a 'more matoran' design :/)

But I guess if I build some more Matoran like this, then I should be able to draw it - I did this over the photo I took, after all, though I could give a shot at it without a photo. Kapura, though? Odd choice.

Also, MOC page coming up in BBC.

I see. Well, I don't see why not - as shown in the MOC page of him, I did use a Ta-Matoran as a prototype. It's too bad all my favourite Matoran turned into Toa, otherwise I would have loved to try doing this with Hahli.

I left a comment in the MOC topic as well, so I'm not going to go over much of the same stuff here. However, I will say that drawings are a totally different medium, one where the limits are of imagination and not of "has LEGO made this part in that color." As such, it's a perfect opportunity to take a few liberties, such as recoloring the blue pins and maybe redoing some of the upper limb armor. I don't object to this sort of armor in MOCs, considering practical limitations, but it strikes me as odd in a drawing.I really like the style, though - it's kind of a cross between the comics and the old Flash animations.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg