The Cantina

We mean the ones that aren't written with blood and mucus, Lev. =P

How else was I supposed to generate enough fluff to generate character profiles in excess of two thousand words, except for with my excess nasal fluids?

So, character making stuff, as was brought up before. Here it is. In glorious, Font 8. Copy and paste it somewhere. This just save space on the already off topic page. These are my secrets.

Look, first rule to make a character - figure out what you want to base your character upon. It could be an old idea, a trope, or an actual original idea. Like -

- I want to ride a worm.

- I want to have an arrow.

- I want to be a pirate/ninja.

Then come up with a motivation for your worm riding pirate/ninja marksman. Figure out an appropriate appearance for them. Then, figure out a main motivating factor and from their expand the personality. The biography is easy - just base it on the personality. Some people like doing it the other way around, but... meh. If you need to, modify their equipment/appearance/personality that you've established retroactively.

Then, when you're done, delete the entire thing and start over again with a new character idea. Rinse and repeat until thoroughly miserable.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

You used the wrong variant of the "there" up there.

You should'v used this "there", the "there" I'm using.

Otherwise, our staff might get mad. Although, they're already going to kill you.

But it's their call, y'know.

And you should've used a should've instead of a "should'v" before you tried that, my friend. :P

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Cleaning Keyboards? Since when! Hah!

But, um, really, how does the Jedi Archives work? Like, searching something?

Edited by Lavama

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

How do I key board?

Anyway, about the pocket comlink, I'm having more fun leaving that lot behind anyway. Gives me a chance to get some spiffier clothes for my character (powder-blue cape!), get some ship upgrades, and then maybe rescue those as got themselves left behind.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

And I'll have you know that my keyboard likes to mafunction from time to time, probably because I haven't had it cleaned in a year and a half now. =P

*Malfunction

See, there's this thing called not chewing over your keyboard. There's also spellcheck.

... and seriously, a year and a half? I've gone like two years with no performance problem before. Only cleaning I do regularly is a quick Lysol over the top every few months, and that doesn't actually do much save kill some surface bacteria. You have to pop the keys off to do anything meaningful.

Zehvor, given the IC that followed, a quick guess would likely have indicated that what I was referring to was the TIE fighters showing up on the Gozanti cruiser's sensors, not anything on the surface.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

And I'll have you know that my keyboard likes to mafunction from time to time, probably because I haven't had it cleaned in a year and a half now. =P

*Malfunction

See, there's this thing called not chewing over your keyboard. There's also spellcheck.

... and seriously, a year and a half? I've gone like two years with no performance problem before. Only cleaning I do regularly is a quick Lysol over the top every few months, and that doesn't actually do much save kill some surface bacteria. You have to pop the keys off to do anything meaningful.

I trust no spellchecks. Even with a screwy keyboard that doesn't always work right.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Ilya, technology has moved on. Spellcheck is a tool to be used, not something to be feared. There is no sorcery behind it, no ill-intent, just a lot of ones and zeros. We call it "binary code". There's this really other cool bit of technology; canned air. You hold the delivery nozzle over the keyboard, you spray it, and you watch as the dust and dirt flies away. :P

On a more game-related note, the Combat Wombat will be active either late tonight, or early tomorrow, depending on when my last crew member finishes. They're close, so it'll be soon.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Zehvor, given the IC that followed, a quick guess would likely have indicated that what I was referring to was the TIE fighters showing up on the Gozanti cruiser's sensors, not anything on the surface.

What can I say? Everything's about me.

I trust no spellchecks. Even with a screwy keyboard that doesn't always work right.

That's worse than me refusing to trust my photocopier.

There's this really other cool bit of technology; canned air. You hold the delivery nozzle over the keyboard, you spray it, and you watch as the dust and dirt flies away. :P

Ah, but see... then you miss out on ripping the keyboard apart and carefully watching as you disinfect the keys one at a time. My cleaning process is more like an autopsy.

I won't deny that my laziness prevents me from using the easy solution to prevent the problem from becoming much of a problem. =P

But I still don't trust spellchecks. They have too many errors.

Better by far to backspace eighty times and press the "s" button eighty-one.

profiles i guess

A lot of spell-checkers just underline words that aren't words in red. If it's a word that isn't in the English dictionary, feel free to ignore the underlining - look the word up if you're not certain, but actual errors are infrequent, and primarily affect scientific jargon.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I won't deny that my laziness prevents me from using the easy solution to prevent the problem from becoming much of a problem. =P

But I still don't trust spellchecks. They have too many errors.

Better by far to backspace eighty times and press the "s" button eighty-one.

Don't you mean Ctrl+S? Also, what Ymper said.

On this post, the words "Ctrl", "Ymper", "spellchecks", "Toa", "Levacius", "Zehvor", "NSA" and "Flagusa" are all underlined red right now. I think it's supposed to be a Google spellcheck or something. Admittedly, Google can't really be trusted. But I live in a country with the NSA so their monitoring my internet activity doesn't really bother me that much.

Name: Praeth Pil'omnSpecies: Twi'lekGender: MaleAge: 37Faction: Jedi OrderSympathies: Reasonably loyal to the JediRank: KnightOccupation: Lightsaber InstructorSkills:-As an instructor of Lightsaber dueling and usage, he is incredibly skilled, most commonly seen using Juyo, a form considered one of most difficult to learn, let alone master. However, he's been trained in all seven forms.-As is to be expected, he is not without skills with dual Lightsabers, and even prefers to use them in actual combat.-Wide knowledge of disguise, able to hide his identity with ease when needed. To do so, he uses technology developed by high-profile company, in addition to using the Force to distract attention from himself.-Coming out of left field is his skill in brewery- he is quite good at making and serving drinks.Force Abilities: Praeth's Force abilities are remarkable for someone at his age. Even though he specializes in Lightsaber combat, he is one of the more skilled among his class. For instance, while someone skilled with the Force could leap higher and faster than others, he could obtain about ten seconds of emulated flight if concentrated and in good condition. While someone could move objects with the Force, he could create a "blanket" to deflect actions of low Force power. Specifically, he can:-"Grab" or "push" things with the Force-Do Force-assisted stunts to an advanced extent-Command a greater power of agility, able to move incredibly quickly-Shield himself from the Force abilities of othersEquipment or Weapons: A Lightsaber enthusiast, he came into possession of an extreme rarity- an orange Lightsaber crystal. This blade he uses as his primary weapon, while his other Lightsaber, of blue light, is used in dual wielding. The first is a silver blade inlaid with nigh-unbreakable black rock. There are various golden knobs and a leather hand-grip for comfort. The second is more of a dark grey, also inlaid with rock- this time deep blue. There's also a grip on this one, however made of rubber. He also carries a machine letting him disguise himself (see "Skills" above).Appearance: Praeth is a well-built red Twi'lek, with dragon-like black tattoos lining his left arm and chest. His lekku both hang behind his head unadorned save for wrapping towards the ends. One could compare his body to that of a martial artist- slim, but with a lot of muscle. He has a face instantly recognizable from a distance- deep, deep-set yellow eyes and shining white teeth. He never wears robes- constricting and heavy isn't really the type of clothing he goes for. Instead, he wears tighter clothing and combat boots, even in colder weather.Personality: While blatantly masculine in speech and attitude, Praeth can sometimes be described as...bubbly. Quite energetic, it isn't difficult to get him excited about things. He aspires to be a Jedi Master, and can even get greedy when it comes to those aspirations. A firm believer in the power of logic, he strives to make as best a decision as he can in every situation. He teaches his students to do the same in combat. Speaking of which, his combat methods are most often practical, based on what he believes they will have to face. He encourages cutting loose and giving battle your all, but at the same time remaining calm and collected.Home Planet: RylothHistory: Growing up in Ryloth was always easy for Praeth. His father was a wealthy man and he could afford to spoil his son- until he was taken up by the Jedi. Like most Force-sensitives on major planets, he was snatched up early on and brought to the Temple on Coruscant. Quite adept in his abilities and naturally a skilled duelist, he rose in rank quickly. Originally, he had a green Lightsaber, but wasn't truly comfortable with the feel of it. As this grew to be a problem, he built his blue 'Saber. Beginning in the war and becoming a General, he was once part of an infiltration mission where he stole his orange crystal. This became his main weapon, and he realized his place belonged back at the Temple as a swordsman. This came rather easy to him, and he was eventually elected to be an Instructor in this area.

Edited by Shuhei Hisagi

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Two examples were not quite what was meant about the Force abilities. What is wanted is what has been provided in other profiles - a more-or-less complete list of the things he can do with the Force.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Two examples were not quite what was meant about the Force abilities. What is wanted is what has been provided in other profiles - a more-or-less complete list of the things he can do with the Force.

Dear God...

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Specifics so we know the precise boundaries of his abilities are, of course, wanted - it's hardly enough to just say he's a master of something.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Dear God...

Just say he's a master of telekinesis. Throw in Force Wave for good measure. Lord knows I spam the heck out of that in KOTOR.

Force storm, Death field, and Master Heal or whatever they called it. That's my power trio.

Of course, I always play a Consular, in both KOTOR and KOTOR II, so

profiles i guess

We're making a character for a story that happens to be framed as a game, not a winning powerset for a video game.

Therefore hush.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

But Ymper.

What if this really is a game. Only we are the characters. What if a single, malicious individual is controlling all of our actions on this forum, and none of this matters except for their own amusement?

(It's Basilisk BTW)

EDIT: Also, yes. @ Grochi. Bring him back and the Sith Order will be much cooler.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

I have yet to see evidence that such an individual is malicious, and if their influence were restricted to this forum than it would be far more obvious.

wait no

They allowed me to exist okay yes whoever it is has to be pure evil.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Revan was cooler as a Sith than as a Jedi, but he was even cooler in SW: TOR: Revan.

Besides, he even trolled Atris.

If only there was some way to bring the Sith back to their glory days when he was in command... all we need is a Star Forge and a fleet.

Seriously, the Sith could easily have dominance over the CIS if they actually tried. If we had Revan in command, we'd have crushed the Republic and be well on our way to being stocked up enough to deal with any threat to the galaxy.

Though rather than ancient Sith, this time, it's something... a little bit on the opposite end of Force Sensitivity.

That's because you edited, KNI.

Lev: How about Tulak Hord, or Marka Ragnos, or Ludo Kresh? It'd be fun to have them back.

Hmm.. if we dig around, I think one of them might still actually have a ghost somewhere around the galaxy. But the truth is, none of them have ever possessed the same amount of sheer tactical mastery that...

Hey, let's resurrect Marka Ragnos.