Kohaku

UPDATED 1/16/2012~BZPower Community Information~There are currently two BZPower Communities, one for races and one for battles.Name: BZPowerCode: 46-2396-1822-4197Rules: 150cc Grand Prix, All itemsAdditional Rules: No snaking and no use of the Maka Wuhu/Wuhu Mountain Loop glitch.Name: BZPower BattlesCode: 25-1942-8076-5150Rules: Balloon Battle, All Items(A special thanks go out to Toa 95 for creating the BZPower Battles Community.) Original Post content:I picked up Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS recently, so far I have been enjoying the numerous features in it.Of course, this topic can be used to discuss all of the Mario Kart games.What are your favorite courses?I've been enjoying a lot of the new ones in Mario Kart 7, Rainbow Road is pretty awesome, as are the Wuhu tracks.

Edited by Kohaku

I picked up Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS recently, so far I have been enjoying the numerous features in it.I've created a BZPower Community for it too. The details are as follows:Race Rules:150cc Grand Prix, All itemsCommunity Code is: 46-2396-1822-4197Additional Rules: No snaking and no use of the Maka Wuhu/Wuhu Mountain Loop glitch.Of course, this topic can be used to discuss all of the Mario Kart games.What are your favorite courses?I've been enjoying a lot of the new ones in Mario Kart 7, Rainbow Road is pretty awesome, as are the Wuhu tracks.

Even though I don't have the game(yet), I'm curious about something:When you say no Snaking, you mean the constant back/forth stuff like in MKDS, right? But actual drifting on turns is allowed, right? =P

I picked up Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS recently, so far I have been enjoying the numerous features in it.I've created a BZPower Community for it too. The details are as follows:Race Rules:150cc Grand Prix, All itemsCommunity Code is: 46-2396-1822-4197Additional Rules: No snaking and no use of the Maka Wuhu/Wuhu Mountain Loop glitch.Of course, this topic can be used to discuss all of the Mario Kart games.What are your favorite courses?I've been enjoying a lot of the new ones in Mario Kart 7, Rainbow Road is pretty awesome, as are the Wuhu tracks.

Even though I don't have the game(yet), I'm curious about something:When you say no Snaking, you mean the constant back/forth stuff like in MKDS, right? But actual drifting on turns is allowed, right? =P
Yes, none of the back/forth drifting that plagued MKDS. Drifting on corners is fine, I just don't want things to get abused.Also, if anyone wants to add my 3DS code it is: 2019-9653-8564It'll make it a lot easier to see when people are online and racing if we add each other.

I should be getting a copy of MK7 in the near future, so I'll be sure to join up when I do.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Since I don't have a DS/3DS, I won't be getting any of the handheld games anytime soon. I'd probably get Mario Kart Wii, if it wasn't for the fact that it's still $50, and I can always get Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing for only $18 which was also a pretty good game, has my favorite characters (Sonic, Tails, etc.) and has online. However, thanks to Nintendo Club now offering downloads of games, I just got Super Mario Kart, and between the different courses, fun multiplayer, awesome retro graphics/gameplay, and being free (save for costing 100 coins,) I just love it. <3 Only thing that would make it better would be if I could play it with a Wiimote, since I don't have any Classic Controllers, and the analog stick on one of my Gamecube controllers is broken (though fortunately, not the d-pad.)

rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

I had Mario Kart DS up until I lost it about a year ago, so I'm glad MK7 has really similar controls.Anyway, the funny thing about this game is that the hardest course (at least for me) isn't Rainbow Road--this time it's actually pretty okay. The hardest course for me here is Maple Treeway. :PAlso, even though I didn't get the kart I wanted yet, I take back what I said about not joining until then on account of the fact that I have two stars next to my name; that's a good indication that I probably don't need said kart to do well. :P

button.png

I don't have Mario Kart 7 yet, but I'm probably going to get it for Christmas or sometime after that.It looks good, although I'm not a fan of their driver selection. I'd rather have someone like Dry Bones again than, say, Metal Mario. I like Shy Guy, though.Also, in regards to the retro courses, I don't care for their Wii picks. Koopa Cape, Mushroom Gorge, and especially Maple Treeway were some of my least favorites from the Wii game. But I love their DS/Gamecube courses, particularly Dino Dino Jungle.Also, I was wondering, how does driving underwater compare to the usual driving? It sounds like it could be pretty awkward.

Edited by Ziko

I haven't played all that much, but to me it seems pretty much the same as driving aboveground, just with slight differences in handling and "air"time.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Also, I was wondering, how does driving underwater compare to the usual driving? It sounds like it could be pretty awkward.

It's like driving in lower gravity (which you actually do on part of Rainbow Road as well); you hang in the air for a bit longer after you go off a jump. Also, either off-road terrain doesn't exist or it doesn't slow you down very much. I feel like it's a bit slower too, but I'm not totally sure.

button.png

Also, I was wondering, how does driving underwater compare to the usual driving? It sounds like it could be pretty awkward.

It's like driving in lower gravity (which you actually do on part of Rainbow Road as well); you hang in the air for a bit longer after you go off a jump. Also, either off-road terrain doesn't exist or it doesn't slow you down very much. I feel like it's a bit slower too, but I'm not totally sure.
Underwater is a tad bit slower. Think about how it feels to walk through water, it is similar to that.

I feel a tad bit disappointed with 7. I've unlocked every character in under 2 hours, and that was kinda a big thing for me in Mario Kart Wii... Fortunately all the kart parts will take longer, but still...Anyways, I am enjoying my time with MK7, although I don't think it's as good as MKWii.

I pretty literally just got MK7. Playing more or less as I type this, as I'm using my 3Ds to type it, while the game's suspended. :PThe game's pretty good, but the differences between this and MKDS are just enough that I'm failing at everything but the battles. xD... That, or I shouldn't've hopped online like 2 minutes after starting the game up for tne first time. :P

I'm going on now, one moment. I've been distracted by other things today. =PI'm not exactly that good, however. So... I might just give you free points. =P/EDIT: Wow, getting connection errors like crazy. xD Sorry 'bout that.Not exactly the greatest still, still trying stuff.

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

Yeah, same here. xD Try again later, but good game either way. =) Good reason not to jump on the online right after getting the game, though, I can't predict half or more of the turns. Nor do I know some of those shortcuts. =P

Terminus: Well, in a way, it's good, as it lets you gain some ideas of how to go through the levels without any interruptions. =PThough, I wouldn't say it's too easy; I've been blue shelled a ton, and that's only in the 50CC rank. xD/EDIT: Just three starred the entirety of 50CC. 3 starred the first of 100 CC as well.But the biggest things, the reason for editing... I just obliterated the Time Trial record that got street passed to me today, for Maka Wuhu. Took a couple shortcuts(But not the glitch. I still have no clue how to even do that. =P), and while I fell a couple times, and it could likely be better, I still was better than the one in first place on that Spotpass. =D

I don't have a 3DS yet, and so thus do not own MK7. I will admit I was extremely disappointed to hear about the inclusion of Metal Mario as a characters (and Waluigi not being included in it). Also, that bee doesn't belong there- she's only been an extremely minor character in two games. The lack of Dry Bones for me is kind of offset by the inclusion of the Koopa Troopa.However, I was glad to hear about some of the retro courses. I was hoping for Waluigi Pinball in MKWii, but I'm very happy with the four courses they chose for MK7. Of course, I loved pretty much everything about MKDS, so they couldn't really mess up there. I am not pleased with the Wii courses chosen, though; I hate Coconut Mall with a passion, and Maple Treeway and Mushroom Gorge aren't the best tracks that could've been chosen. Happy to see Dino Dino Jungle, but Daisy Cruiser is kind of a meh addition. Looking forward to racing on Kalimari Desert again.Battle course wise, I'm not sure I like the choices for the retro courses. Palm Beach was my least favourite of the DS courses, but I am glad with the inclusion of Big Donut.Anyway, those are my thoughts on MK7 before playing it. Hopefully I get to try it out soon. :P-ibrow

Big Donut... IS AWESOME.I was racing on the random battles last night, and it was absolutely hilarious. I'm awesome on the Big Donut track, in both Balloon Battles and Coin Runners, but I prefer Balloon Battles more, as it gives you a reason to attack literally everyone. =PMetal Mario is definitely an odd choice, and so is the bee...But being able to race as your own Mii offsets all that. I've been playing as my own Mii, as such. =P

I don't have a 3DS yet, and so thus do not own MK7. I will admit I was extremely disappointed to hear about the inclusion of Metal Mario as a characters (and Waluigi not being included in it). Also, that bee doesn't belong there- she's only been an extremely minor character in two games. The lack of Dry Bones for me is kind of offset by the inclusion of the Koopa Troopa.

I actually thought Metal Mario was a cool inclusion, except that it offset other characters returning (not that I ever played as Dry Bones or Waluigi). However, the queen bee is a very odd inclusion.

However, I was glad to hear about some of the retro courses. I was hoping for Waluigi Pinball in MKWii, but I'm very happy with the four courses they chose for MK7. Of course, I loved pretty much everything about MKDS, so they couldn't really mess up there. I am not pleased with the Wii courses chosen, though; I hate Coconut Mall with a passion, and Maple Treeway and Mushroom Gorge aren't the best tracks that could've been chosen. Happy to see Dino Dino Jungle, but Daisy Cruiser is kind of a meh addition. Looking forward to racing on Kalimari Desert again.

Coconut Mall is a poor choice of a course, however I love Maple Treeway. Mushroom Gorge isn't exactly a great course, but it's good for a simple cup. Luigi Circuit from N64 is an awful choice, IMO, as it is possibly the most boring course ever.@Blade: If you get stars on all of your Grand Prixs (all of them) then when you race online you'll have stars next to your name.
black_-_the_host.png

@ Star stuff: Huh, that's interesting. I'll definitely have to try to get 3 stars on everything, then. =D It has nothing to do with the stars I've encountered while online somehow, right?(for some reason, if I've finished in first on some races, when I started, I got a star next to my name, near where the wheel symbol is. Dunno why.)@ Racing: If anyone wants to race me, I'm on the BZP community right now. =)/EDIT: One thing to add... I'm not a 3 star racer yet online. So could you please not snake the race away, or leave me in the dust, especially if I fall into a pit 100 times, or otherwise get destroyed? I just faced two racers in the community that pretty much shut me out, one went 12-4 against me twice. =/ I like racing you guys and all, but when I ask 'please take it easy on me', would you guys keep that in mind please? Just wanted to mention that, as I'm getting destroyed even on my favourite track right now. xD/EDIT: Just to explain a little more; I'm not the cheating computer, you guys don't need to use every tiny advantage you can get to beat me. Beating me by like 15 seconds even on the closest match is one way to show that. =P I just don't want to get disheartened, even though I would like have similar results on the random matches. =P

PowerMiner: It's okay; I just was shocked that I kept getting owned consistently, even on the tracks I'm good at. xD(What's with the spoiler, though? =P)Has anyone made a Battles community yet? I really like Balloon Battles, and would like to take on some of you guys. =P

I see. =P Okay then. =PYeah, likely, I beat a lot of the randoms I face, though some do manage to beat me, if only because I loathe some of those battle stages. Wuhu Town and Big Donut are the two stages I like the most. Especially Big Donut, because I can just drive around gathering powerups, and then blast people. =P