Sad News Regarding The Future Of Bionicle

I have been informed from the newsletter from Bionicle Media Project, that Bionicle was officially ended as of last week. I cannot be 100% sure that this information is accurate, (though these guys aren't usually one to troll) any clarification from a more official source would be appreciated.Now we all knew it was pretty much over anyway, but there was always that glimmer of hope that Greg would get up and continue the serials that he left. It would appear now that this will not be the case.Therefor, I propose we gather the best writers BZPower has to offer and finish what he started. Because it's become sadly apparent that he's not going to.

Bionicle Media Project isn't necessarily a reliable source for such information, but it is true that Greg said they would only extend the story to at least 2011.With that statement and the complete inactivity of Bioniclestory.com, I say Bionicle is indeed dead.I'll make arrangements for the funeral party.party_hard.gif

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Bionicle Media Project isn't necessarily a reliable source for such information, but it is true that Greg said they would only extend the story to at least 2011.With that statement and the complete inactivity of Bioniclestory.com, I say Bionicle is indeed dead.I'll make arrangements for the funeral party.party_hard.gif

But... who will finish the story? Who is the GB? I HAVE TO KNOW!!!!

Is it really necessary for anyone's livelihood and general well-being to know exactly how a LEGO line's story ends?We haven't heard from any official source, so it's still in limbo as far as I'm concerned.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I suppose you got that information from http://tronec.org/bmp/First of all, the poster does not verify his/her source at all. So I don't think this is trustworthy information.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I suppose you got that information from http://tronec.org/bmp/First of all, the poster does not verify his/her source at all. So I don't think this is trustworthy information.

Indeed. As I stated above, there's no way to be certain of the reliability, but these guys are usually trustworthy. However we should try and get a statement from the higher ups. Be it either Greg or Lego themselves.

It's not reliable because it isn't from GregF or LEGO. What they are saying now is based on what GregF may have said a year ago, that BIONICLE may or may not continue into 2012.Also, it's probably better to talk about this in the Greg Farshtey's Status topic as the story is relying on him.

You're probably right. 2012 started just over a week ago, so the poster thought that meant the story is officially over.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

No surprise there. Besides, I'm glad it's over. I was getting sick of characters being brought back to life or being someone completely different than who we thought they were every chapter.Greg should just write a synopsis of events that follow and post it here.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

It's not reliable because it isn't from GregF or LEGO. What they are saying now is based on what GregF may have said a year ago, that BIONICLE may or may not continue into 2012.Also, it's probably better to talk about this in the Greg Farshtey's Status topic as the story is relying on him.

You're probably right. 2012 started just over a week ago, so the poster thought that meant the story is officially over.
Hmm... I guess I could have been mistaken. However the way he worded it makes it sound like he was just given this information, although from who, of that I cannot be certain...EDIT: Technically I can't post there unless the topic revival rules have changed?EDIT 2: NVM the last edit, I was on the third page. O_o Edited by Chi-Chi The Nose Yodeler

I was getting sick of characters being brought back to life or being someone completely different than who we thought they were every chapter.

I'm the same way, I liked the Toa Inika/Mahri better when they were Matoran.
If the story ends now, it ends with the Toa Mahri brainwashed by that Skakdi fusion.And that is one of the main reasons I want to see a conclusion. If Greg Farshtey wraps up the mystery of the hidden GB, the murderer, the whole Red Star thing, and the Toa Mahri's fate as well as the Shadowed One's, I'll be good. The story is already mostly finished, I just want those important loose plot threads to be wrapped up.

toakopaka.png

I concur BMP is a reliable source, but the way the update is phrased suggests the poster just became aware of the fact that the storyline was set to be supported through 2011. I would wait for a more official statement before panicking (even if for all intents and purposes the end result is the same.)

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I don't think this information is correct, and seems to be riding on a previous statement which said that Bionicle may or may not be ending in 2012. Besides, would GregF and LEGO leave us hanging in the serials without even giving BZPower, their usual stompng ground for delivering news, the slightest mention of this little tidbit of information? I think not.The fact that there is no mention of where this person got the information from is also a tad inconvincing.Still, I hope the serials continue. The Bionicle storyline still has a lot of potential.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

I suppose you got that information from http://tronec.org/bmp/...

From there, the actual quote is:

I KNOW I'm supposed to be busy on the MLN, but yesterday, I found out two important things. One is that BIONICLE was officially ended a week ago. And the other was...

He goes on to give detail on a completely unrelated subject, not detail as to why he says this. Clearly this is an offhand comment by some random person, not a LEGO spokesperson or employee. ;) He could easily be right, but it's just a guess.We do know already that Greg commented (to the BSS and to others) that story was planned to be allowed to continue at least through 2011. After that point he did not know if it would, and nobody has gotten any word on that since. The person quoted said "last week" so it appears they're simply referring to this.

Correct. You can continue there if you wish, but I'd say there's no point. Unless that person amends their statement later to give an official source for this that is news, it was just a random outsider like any of us reporting a rumor they heard, probably based on old news.Topic closed.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)