009 Makes Comics

ATOMIC 009 In Space

Oh hey look another comic.newpreview-6.png I'm trying out having the text smaller starting in this one. It's a desperate attempt to balance my verbose writing style and the fact that I can't seem to grasp the concept that you need to leave room for word balloons in a comic's art. That's really all I have to say on this one.On another subject, I have George Lucased Comics 3 and 4 to make the dialogue better reflect what type of show I wanted Late Nite With Vesili to be. It only occurs in one panel of each, and both times it changes "late night variety show" to "late night variety talk show". Just thought that I should let you all know.-ATOMIC 009 In Space

newpreview-6point5.pngSo, it turns I'm today's entry in the 2011 Advent calendar. So, two comics in one day! Isn't that nice?

Wow. Batman is emo.He gets points for the dramatic entrance though!!

Well once you get down do it, Batman is technically emo. It's just that, unlike the stereotype, he vents his angst by going out every night and punching criminals in the face.So, really, he's the best kind.My reasoning behind making the first chapter of his book sobbing in text form is that HIS PARENTS ARE DEEEAAAD!!!...WHY DIDN'T I REFERENCE THAT MEME IN THE COMIC!?-ATOMIC 009 In Space

O hai new comic.newpreview-7.pngFun fact: This comic was originally 12 panels longer. But as I was adding in the word balloons, I realized that the first nine panels worked better as a standalone gag comic, so I cut the rest of it.Can't really say I regret it, either. All the others really did was show that yes, King Joe has super speed, and introduce a character that's particularly far off the deep end of the "What was he THINKING!?" scale of bizarreness.Fortunately(ish?) I was planning on featuring the character in the next storyline anyways, so I'll just properly introduce him there. Once that introduction happens, I'll put up this comic's aforementioned early cut as a bonus comic, or something.I'll get to the King Joe's super speed thing sooner or later.Oh, and look at that. All four PGSes have been introduced. I should probably look into editing them into the character sheet now.-ATOMIC 009 In Space

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, random unexplained hiatus over. I'm back, and with a comic that's probably more than a little underwhelming. Ah, well.newpreview-8.pngAh, yes, the truly classic "characters from a kids franchise do something more 'adult' than you expect them too" gag. Truly nothing is more inherently funny.So LAUGH, darn you! LAAAAAUGH! ...And be sure to tune in next time, when the cast of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic reenact the plot of Raiders of the Lost Ark!-ATOMIC 009 In Space

Ha! Lightweights the lot of you! I feed on terrible puns.Just consider yourselves lucky, I was originally going to go with the pun, with a rimshot and everything. But then I re-watched the Mystery Science Theater 3000 skit that I, ah…drew inspiration from and discovered that it was about Blackjack, not Poker, and the rest is…history, i guess?-ATOMIC 009 in Space

Atomic. I love your comics. I only just discovered them but they are excellent in many ways, including their use of Razor without actually being terrible or turning into a Lavaside Rahi impersonator.My favourite was when you had Batman. I can't even begin to comprehend how Batman could ever be in any Bionicle universe but the end result is always consistently hilarious so GOOD JOB and suchlike.

tumblr_mrji0oZwlq1sqiy2ho1_400.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Benny, Remember when I said the hiatus was over? I LIED.But here's a new comic anyway. I would have put it up on Monday, but yaknow, Brickshelf.newpreview-10.pngI must have been in a referencing Spongebob mood when I wrote this one.Now's probably a good time to explain why comics have been coming so slow in the past few months. Back in December, after repeatedly getting the same computer virus (or just getting it once and not properly purging it I dunno lol), my personal computer became unable to access the internet. Fortunately, my family has several other working computers, so I was able to make the comics on my broken one and use flash drives to transfer them to a different computer and upload them. While this worked, the fact that I've been spending most of my time on the other computer made it harder to motivate by lazy self to make comics than when I was doing all the work from conception to posting on the same computer. Computer!But about last week we sent my computer off to a guy to be repaired, which brought up an issue: My computer is a Windows. I use Photoshop. Our copy of Photoshop is for Windows. The aforementioned different computer I've been using, the only one in the house that doesn't belong to anyone specific, is a Mac. Yeah.While I will almost certainly be back to comic-ing within the month, when in the month is the factor that's up in the air here. So, the hiatus continues.But at least Comic 10 resolved Comic 9's cliffhanger! That's gotta be something, right?-ATOMIC 009 In Space

• 2 weeks later...

I love madness :3~RoPS, any way to become a PGS?

Uh... I don't know, maybe?Anyway, I got's my computer back! Hiatus over! It's a new comic!newpreview-11.pngI can say with certianty that no one could have guessed that this is the direction that this story would be headed. Heck, I'm not exactly sure why I chose to start it the way I did. Ah, well.Another thing: I have changed the filenames of all the comics so that the brickshelf gallery will display them in the right order. This won't effect the first post, I changed all the links, but all Comic Preview things up until this point don't work. I'm not sure if anyone actualy uses them, but it's best to be safe....and that's it.-ATOMIC 009 In Space

Okay new comic.newpreview-12.pngIt's funny because he's acting like a sociopath!"Fun" fact: The city backdrop I'm using in these comics was actually made for that Insanity: In Retrospective revival that never took off that I mentioned in the first post. It was just languishing away in a folder I never use, I needed a nighttime cityscape for this arc, so I figured "why not?". You can see the whole thing here....And that is all I have to say.-ATOMIC 009 In Space

• 1 month later...
newpreview-13.pngWell, that took longer than I would have preferred. But nevertheless, it's up, so whee.This one could easily have been two...ones, but I felt sorta iffy about the first half, so I slapped on the second half to distract everybody with The Joker and Dan Backslide. NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW.Say, remember back in December, when I said there was an “original cut” of Comic 7 that featured a really What The Huh type character, and how I would put the cut up when I got around to using the character? Well I did so here it is.newpreview-7-rough-cut.pngAnd that is all I have to say about that.-ATOMIC 009 In Space

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been a huge fan of these comics so its about time I post. I find it amazing how no matter how random you can make your comics, especially the Pancake Man ones, they always turn out hilarious and coherent. I'll be watching these, keep up the good work.