Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Was it worth it? Did he make it happen?"

"Yes... But, The Queen, who weighed about a ton, broke the bed during the deed and well... If you're going to have an affair with a woman that might break the bed, don't have sex in the bedroom down the hall from her husband's."

"Ahaaaaa," Ric crowed, toasting his mimosa to the shade of Lynae's long-deceased uncle. "That's my man, Jasper. God rest his soul."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Lynae

She held her glass up and grinned at the toast. "He at least he wasn't underneath her... But... God bless the bloody old fat Queen!"

"Not the current one of course... Well not the insulting parts. I am still a Brit and to speak against her is tyranny." She said with a chuckle.

"Find don't believe me." She said with a sigh, looking away from him as their waiter delivered their raspberry tarts. Lynae took her tart and gently took a bite, a slight smile on her lips.

IC:

"I never said I didn't believe you!" he protested, taking a tart and munching on it curiously. When he swallowed, he looked down at it and tilted his head. "Huh. That's actually good."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Terrance kicked the body of the man he'd stabbed in the chest away. Watching as the life slowly left him as he fidgeted, bleeding on the alleyway. He'd barely looked up as one of the two strangers had blasted the other man with a bolt of electricity. His body was sent flying into the nearest alleyway wall where he slid down unmoving, presumably dead.

So he's a superhuman or mutant... Terrance thought as he looked up now. His eyes were eerily pure white due to his mask.

"I could of dealt with them myself, I had the situation under control." he then turned to the man behind him.

"You alright?"

"I'm fine... thank you for keeping them from killing me."

"Don't worry about it. Now get out of here before anyone else shows up. Speak no word of this to anyone, understand?"

"I understand."

"Good, now go." Terrance watched as the man crept past him and the other two men giving them a look before he turned the corner and vanished from sight.

IC:

In the woods Jennifer could hear gunfire and what sounded like vehicles driving. She placed herself behind a tree and slowly peeked over the side.

"We have multiple bogies... looks like humvees with gunners. Should we intervene? It seems like two aren't engaging the other team and are spreading out, they might find us."

IC:

Christine accepted the bottle but instead put it down. She laid her head on Aleks stomach and closed her eyes.

"Ah know Ah'm right... he wouldn't hurt us. Ah wish we could find him, bring him back, make everything that happened to Matt for nothing but Ah know its too late for that now."

IC:

Kane sighed as he exhaled his cigarette before putting out. What was I thinking coming here? There's obviously nothing to ****ing do where ever I go. He said leaning against the wall and feeling useless. He finally pushed off the wall and left the garden making his way back to the front. He glanced at the stolen pickup truck outside and was tempted to climb back inside and leave before he walked up the steps and pushed open the door.

IC:

"I mean, I was always a Pop-Tart crusader, but I suppose these aren't atrocious," he agreed with a teasing smirk before finishing off his first tart and plucking a second from the tray. "Mm. That's something."

IC:

"Well, either way. We can't go chasing after the Brothers Grimm any time soon." Aleks ran his fingers through the white streak in Christine's hair and breathed deeply. "I know you'd like to. . I'd like to. But getting ourselves killed seems like an odd way of making things right."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

The vampire crinkled her nose at the word poptart, not very fond of them at all. How could you be if for years all you ate was fresh and well made pastries like the one in her mouth? No, Ric and this generation could keep the cardboard tasting monstrosities.

"Heh... You're certainly enjoying them." She said with a giggle. "Maybe we should do this more often."

IC:

"That sounds dangerously like date territory." Ric finished off his second raspberry tart and turned to Lynae curiously. His sapphire eyes were bright, like he was holding in another laugh. "I don't see what's so important on my schedule that I can't clear room for you now and again."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"What's wrong with going on a date with me?" Lynae asked with a teasing smile, her eyes meeting his for a moment. It was just a moment but the spark between them was felt.

"I can make sure I have time for you as well..."

IC: John and Jack

"We may never know the outcome of things. Either way, we did good," said John. "So what's your name stranger?"

IC: Marauder

"My helmet doesn't really have infrared, but they came from a garage not far from your position. Take out the tanks first, while I deal with the Hummers." Marauder aimed for the gunner who, to him, gave himself away to easily. He took a shot at him, loaded yhe next bulet, and this time aimed for the driver again. If this bullet breaks his window, he'll have a surprise waiting for him. He fired again at the swerving driver.

Edited by Shadow Flaredrick

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

Alaric finished off a third tart, and was halfway through his fourth when he stopped suddenly and turned to Lynae, putting his head in his hand and staring up at her, eyes big and blue and laughing.

"You know, I mean, why wait?" he asked. "We're here right now, aren't we? We can talk about stuff other than work. Let's go for it. You first. You're on the spot. Gogogogo."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Lynae's own blue eyes met his, a bite widened with surprise. "I... I really don't know what to say." She said shyly, a slight blush on her cheek.

"What is it you want to know?" She asked a bit curiously.

IC:

"Alright, ahhhh..." Ric pursed his lips up in thought, finished his fifth tart, and didn't make a move for a sixth. "What's your favorite part of the world today?"

IC:

If eyes were mirrors to the soul, Dallas Green's pretty electric blue gaze was glass, smudged with streaks of azure blood. Always dancing, mercurial and proud, they could display near-glee in violence to the point where it bordered on a titillating sadism, or he could look wounded to the point of near bleakness, soft and scared. Sometimes the look in his eyes didn't even match the one on his face; he had always been good at acting, but over the years he had become mixed up and scatterbrained, to the point where his rages and his passions and even his soothing moments felt fake. Like pretending. Even his bipolar rages didn't hold a candle to his true ones. Alexander Smith (his, or this one; lately the two had been confusing themselves in his head, which worried him) had once described him, aptly, as "a live grenade, with a pin yanked out of your head. When you come by, the whole world runs and ducks for cover. One day, you'll blow up all alone. No one will clean up after you, Dal, no one will spare you a second thought. You'll just be a little crater in a world chock full of them. God help you then."

But it was his genuine emotion that was worst of all - the glimmers of love, or hate, or heartbreak, that defined him. When they'd arrived, Rebekah was an emotionless Terminator, a robot without fear; Card had been an angry lizard-man; Zack had been a proud braggart with shards of the Phoenix Force, liable to blow at any time. But it had been Dallas Green, petty, petulant, funny Dallas Green, with his schmoozing charm, his creative vulgarities, and his flippant chauvinism, that was the real threat in the Ultimates - and when you looked in his eyes, and saw something real, there was no greater threat to contend with in the whole team.

So when John Howlett was standing in the Institute driveway, with Rebekah Fell cornering him and a full moon above, Kristen Hailey looked into Dallas' eyes and saw, for the briefest of seconds, his face go slack, then tight. Watched his jaw clench. Watched his eyes fill - with fear. True fear. His hand, grasping the steering wheel, shook. The car was idling. Kristen opened her mouth to warn him. He never heard her.

He just hit the gas.

He hit John's legs from behind, and Alex's car jolted with the impact when the clawed mutant went toppling forward, crying out in pain. Dal had pinned his leg with one of the tires, a feral look contorting the corners of his lips. There was a baseball bat in the back of his car, next to a bucket of balls and a can of pink hair dye; Dallas reached back and grabbed the wooden blunt instrument, pulling it into his lap and stepping out of the car gracefully.

"Well, well," he said, voice tight but easy-going. "Look who scampered around. Wile E. Coyote himself. You look good, John - for an unhinged, psychotic mutt."

-Tyler

Edited by LONG LIVE TYLER

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"My favorite part of the world today?" She repeated softly, the words rolling off her tongue as if that would summon the answer.

"I... I enjoy that I can be me." She finally said after a few moments of silence.

"I can act just how I like." She said softly. "Throughout history, women have been second class and we all had to act in just the right way. Or we were called witches and burned... I'm just happy that I can be myself."

IC:

Hey, well, burning at the stake isn't a thing anymore. Can't complain about that, I suppose. But when Ric closed his eyes, he saw plenty to complain about - Vegas burning, Westchester burning, the Mansion burning, Brooklyn burning Annie burning Tara burning Ashlynn burning Lynae was burning after all but he was so cold and he felt his father's hands on his neck and he heard a snap from far away like the twang of a guitar string and everything he was tuned out like an old radio hunting for frequencies--

"I, for one, am glad you didn't get burned at the stake," Alaric toasted, appearing distinctly more casual than he was, even while he could feel his brain cook inside his head. "It's been a long time since I could talk, and someone would listen."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Hm...we are, aren't we?" Ric smiled and finished his mimosa; the hyperkinetic, traumatized King pushed coal black hair out of his eyes and exhaled heavily. "It's been a long time since I had one of those, too. Thank you. I could live as long as you could and I don't think I'd manage to convince you how much this has meant to me after...everything."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"It's alright. It kind of tastes like mango." Lynae looked at him incredulously, and Ric Carlisle hid his fears and traumas behind his effervescent grin yet again, as he'd become wont to do over the past two years. " know what you mean, and yes. It's the most horrible thing there is. Seven billion people, all just...closed off."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Have you ever tried it? Being normal, I mean. Just...a life. Even for a decade or so."

"Doesn't work that way, Ric. Not for me. Even if I tried I'd never be normal."

"Yeah. I know." Ric spun his finger around the inside of his glass' rim and tipped it over, like a dancer on the ballroom floor, before catching it with the same fingertip and righting the glass again. "It was worth asking."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"You could do it." She said softly, looking at him for a moment with her, now gentle, ocean blue eyes, only her thick eyelashes obscuring her vision every few moments. "You could live normally."

She took a sip of her drink and nodded as if affirming her statement. "You could move away from this all, meet a nice girl, and maybe have a family. You could just leave this all behind." Leave everyone behind... Leave me behind too..

"If you ever want to.... I'll help you get away from this life, I've faked a death more than once."

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

IC:

"That sounds nice," Ric admitted quietly. "Really. Thank you. But I don't want to. I can't."

Alaric had tried not to be totally truthful during his time at the Hellfire Club - while biding his time and making friends, he'd taken his tendency for flamboyance and his taste for whiskey and flanderized them, creating a fey, ineffectual drunk who was good at slipping his way into power but never used it. The ruse had eaten him up from the inside out, but shedding it had felt natural and seamless; he'd thought that it simply meant he could go back to the way he had been before, but more and more he'd realized the sheer depths of the lagoon of he was wading in. Before he entirely knew it, his fabled control had slipped, just for seconds; he had cut himself wide open, and now he was spilling his guts.

"The more I...go, the more I lose. I was an X-Man; I know that, and I never wanted to be, but I was an X-Man and I was good at it because the world needed people who were X-Men and good at it. I remember I was a history teacher. Like it or not, those were...important to me. But a lot of things are important to me. When I was five, before my dad went away, I remember he bought me a toy Lambo and I would drive it around the Institute - but I only remember it because I remember myself telling the story, not because I remember the car. I can't remember the first girl I slept with - I remember it was back on prom night, but I don't remember her eyes or her hair or her name. I remember going to college for history, but even if you took me out to California and gave me a map of the place I couldn't tell you which dorm I lived in. They called it Carlisle Hall for three semesters, and I can't even remember what it looked like. There's...holes, with things and places and people clinging to the edges for dear life. Stuff I swore to God I'd die before I forgot. And then I died...and then I forgot. I can't live like this. Not normally, anyway."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"We live a sad existence." Lynae replied, her hand instinctively grabbing his and holding it to comfort him, at least that's what she told herself. But in all honesty, she needed the comfort just as much. "Knowing you can't ever live normally, can't ever settle down and enjoy life fully... It is a curse."

Her hand gently squeezed his as she spoke, as if her emotions would flood out if she didn't. "Not even death pities us. People have tried to kill me many times... I can't even remember them all. But they never did it right. They have impaled me through the stomach, slit my throat, shot me... Etc. but they never did it right. I felt everything though... Imagine that happening, feeling everything and not getting relieved by the gentle embrace of death. I wanted to but... Thomas always stopped me... I guess I could do it now.." She added the last part softly, as if she hadn't even thought about it before.

IC:

"Alright. Good. Chin up."

IC:

When Betsy said him, a vague pronoun by the standards of anyone ever, a cool chill danced down Warren's chest and he instinctively tightened his hold on her shoulders. "Like who, Bets? What are you talking about?"

The terror was back, and Betsy was shivering once more.

"Warren, he's... He's why I was gone. Don't... Don't let him take me again."
Warren took a deep breath and then put his cool forehead against Psylocke's, feverish; she shivered in horror and he hugged her, letting his breath go with a heavy sigh.
"No one's going to take you again, Elizabeth. I'm here now. You're okay here."
-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Solaris

Ricardo went around the Manor trying to find Master Worthington. He asked around and some told him where to go. Upon finally finding the place, he saw the door closed. He knocked three times and said, "Master Worthington? Are you in there sir?"

OOC: I assumed Kathis gave me a +1

Edited by Shadow Flaredrick

IC:

Still laying on Aleks' stomach Christine nodded. "Ah know, we can't risk getting anymore of us killed... they need us around here... the younger kids, they need us to look up too and we can't help them if we're dead."

"But promise me, promise me we'll get Daken somehow, make him pay somehow for what he did to Matt. Ah don't care if he lives or dies Ah just want him to suffer for it."

IC:

Terrance's wrist-blade slid back into the sheath within his gauntlet. "No we don't, but I'm pretty certain I had things handled." he stood unmoving as he examined the two strangers.

"You may call me Nightstalker. Now, who are you?" he said as he looked at the faces of John and Jack.

IC:

"How many of the others are here? And still alive?" the words hard hardly left Johnathan's lips before it happened. Rebekah seemed in no hurry to reply as she stood before him as cold and indifferent as ever. She had spared him though, and that had to mean something.

Call it a sixth sense, or call it whatever you like but an instant before it happened Johnathan turned. He sniffed the air. Cali.

Then he saw the car idling. Then it smashed into him. Pain tore through Johnathan as he was pinned against the wall; his leg smashed against the wall and the tire of Showstopper's ride.

Johnathan never had adamantium bones like this universe' version for him. He was pretty sure he felt something break on the impact.

He was pinned from behind but he was still able to turn his head slightly and glance back at the man who stood before him. Showtopper, Dallas, Cali. His one time best friend and the one guy who he'd probably throw away his life to save.

The same best friend he'd betrayed as a lycan and attempted to bite to turn him over to his insane side. Johnathan couldn't blame Dallas for being bad. HeII, he'd expected something along the lines of this.

"Nice to see you too Cali," Johnathan half grinned half grimaced.

"I'm not a lycan anymore Cali, look up." Johnathan said as he nodded towards the moon. "I'd be turned by now. Found myself a nice witch in the woods who helped remove the curse or seal it away for good or something. The point is its not coming back, and I'm sorry for everything man. Look at Rebekah, she'd have killed me by now if I was a threat."

He grinned now. "But I think you knew this already and just wanted to hit me with a car, all I can say is I think I deserved it." he pushed his metal arm against the wall now as if he was going to try to push off the wall and the car but hesitated not wanting to move yet unless Cali was done beating him.

"You can use that bat if you want, I'll heal. Take your anger out if you want bro, I'm not here to fight anyone."

IC:

Kane had watched the car smash into what looked like John Howlett. Except the John Howlett he knew looked drastically different now after being tortured by his insane brother. Kane noticed the metal arm and for a moment saw a flash of a giant white lycan with yellow eyes and a metal arm tearing Weapon-X soldiers to shreds. So this is the alternate Ultimate John... interesting... I should ask him about the Ultimate version of me, or maybe I don't want to know.

Kane walked towards the scene slowly. "And I thought this place was going to be boring." he grinned.

Edited by Flex Till Death

IC:

"I'm John. Former Green Beret and Black Operations Commando, specializing in stealth missions and espionage," He said as he holstered his pistol.

"And I'm Jack Raikov. Specializing in... nothing. Just a human with electric powers and some ninja skills."

"So what brings you here? Judging by the suit and blades you have, I saw your Wagandin. Diplomat? Refugee? Scholar?" Asked John.