Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

Alaric looked up and took a deep breath through his mouth - almost a huff of his own - at the ceiling. Lynae hugged herself on the couch, the popcorn bowl forgotten and precariously balanced on the edge of the sofa. The hyperkinetic lazily spun it onto the coffee table and then rolled over, landing in Lynae's lap and putting up one arm on each side of her shoulders.

"That's not how the playbook ends."

"Oh?" She asked, the beginning of a storm stirred in her eyes as she gazed at him.

Ric grinned at her.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:Lynae

The vampire raised an eyebrow at the young man in her lap. What was it about him that made her feel this way? It felt almost like one of those stupid spells from the old tales her mother told.

"What?"

IC:

"What?" Ric shot back at her daintily, tousling her blonde hair with one hand. "I just haven't really seen you flustered before. It's a cute look."

He was beaming; grinning, he moved his arm down from her hair to wrap it around her neck. By the time he'd leaned in to kiss her, he looked almost mischievous, but when their lips met the grin was mostly gone, replaced by a faint, unapologetic smirk.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Lynae

Cute? She thought as she pursed her lips, her cheeks, however, turning the color of a summer sunset. Yet, when his hand landed on her neck, her lips parted slightly, a look of surprise over took the, attempting to look angry, vampire's face.

And then their lips met.

Her eyes closed slowly as she wrapped her arms around him, pulling him closer. It was almost as if she didn't, he'd float away;gone. This kiss... His kiss, was something she hadn't experienced.

It wasn't inexperienced like Deren or the aggressive kisses of Tynan or like the numerous random other's whose names faded from her mind. It was different. It felt as if her heart would start pounding in her chest, as if blood would run through her body, not just down her throat. It felt...

Amazing.

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

IC:

Alaric hadn't been kissed since Las Vegas; it came back to him easier than he thought it would have when Lynae wrapped his arms around him, a lot like riding an old bike you find cleaning out the garage. His other arm moved from the couch - more like a LOVESEAT, huh? huh? - and wrapped around Lynae's neck too. He could feel the 'heat' radiating off her cheeks from her blush, too. Should I say something? Is she expecting me to say something? Lynae was a romantic; what if she wanted to hear something romantic?

This is more fun. He would've shrugged if it weren't a moment killer.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

After what felt like eons, Lynae pulled away ever so slight, their lips parting at last. She smirked, no... It wasn't anything so sinister. It was a smile, something soft and delicate that seemed to have suddenly flitted onto her lips like a hummingbird to a flower. If something could make Lynae look better, it was this particular smile.

"That was..." She trailed off, sorting through the countless words she had hear in her long life, desperate to find the right one but coming up tremendously short. "Beautiful."

IC:

Alaric linked his fingers around the back of Lynae's neck and mirrored her smile. "Today was beautiful. I had fun. It's been a long time since I just...had fun."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Lunar was silent for a moment, processing Jesika's request. It seemed unusual for someone to ask hir of all people to be their friend so quickly. Normally, the only time people even talked to Lunar was to demand that some of their possessions be returned.

"Sure." Zhe said finally.

IC: Jesika (Normal one)

The girl flattened herself against the wall as the owner of the chair wheels she had recently procured stumbled his way down the hall, oblivious to the both of them. She bit her lip to stop herself from giggling, which was only part-way successful. Once the teacher had disappeared from view, she gave Lunar a grin that spoke for itself.

"This is so cool," Jesika admitted, somewhat sheepishly, "I just didn't think anyone else was here, y'know, my age. And not all... grown up."

The girl's voice deepened considerable as she made a passable impression of a "grown up".

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC literally had to hear myself up to do this

NPC HYDRA

The machine gunners opened fire on Persephone and Vivus.

The tanks with both its treads and explosive cannon disabled continued to pathetically fire its Brownings. The driver evacuated, holding a Steyr AUG assault rifle. He opened fire upon seeing Persephone. The other tanks continued their regular attack patterns, firing bullets and exosives at the robots.

The helicopters and Humvees continued searching. Occasionally, they would catch glimpses of off-color patches, but they didn't see anything obvious yet.

"Why did we even come out here?!" The artillery crew scattered as their cannon exploded. They grabbed their emergency weapons-Saiga-12 shotguns- and went to direct engagement.

The infantry, grenadier, and sniper crew scattered, dodging Persephone and Vivus attacks. Nevertheless, they continued to attack

OOC I know, I'm lazy

EDIT: correct me if I'm wrong, but right now I believe that currently deployed are:

Four Humvees

Four tanks (one with treads disabled, one of treads and cannon disabled)

One search helicopter

Four riflemen (plus vehicle crews)

Two grenadiers

Four snipers

Four artillery crewmen (who now don't have a mortar)

Four machine gun nests

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC: (Shaman - Hydra Battle)

In a few short bursts of teleportation, another player arrived on the battlefield. Silver locks tight in a braid, the well-dressed superhuman had a palpable thirst for combat. He quickly fell in behind a line of infantry troops, pulling out his fire-arm and waiting for an opportunity to present itself.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Lilliana

As the group outside squabbled, a UPS truck pulled up in front of the school and the driver jumped out of the truck, ringing the doorbell.

Lilliana, having heard the bell, peaked out of a window and spotted the truck. They're here!

"ALECS!' IT'S HERE!!" She called out to her assistant before rushing down the stairs, which was quite impressive in her heels and pencil skirt. She flung the door open with gusto and eagerly signed the man's signature pad.

"Ma'am... There's quite a lot of boxes." The delivery man observed.

"Just like there should be." She replied, walking around to where some of the boxes had been unloaded. That's when the group of students caught her eye. Something about this group made her feel a bit off. "...just leave the boxes here..." She said to the delivery man, half paying attention to him and half to the group.

"Alecs... Shall we go check that out?" She asked, motioning to the others.

IC:

IC:

Dallas' face changed in mid-step and he spun again, nearly taking out Kristen's jaw with the baseball bat. She yelled out in warning, but he hadn't even noticed her; he had eyes only for John Howlett, and with his left hand he swung the barrel of the weapon hard into John's chest, so sharply that the crack! of a caved sternum mingled grotesquely with the bat splintering in half. The barrel was still tentatively balanced on his chest, and he knelt down hard onto it, one knee pressing the bat further into John's battered chest while his left hand cupped around the werewolf's strong jaw. John's face wrinkled momentarily, and then tightened like old leather back into his normal face, and then wrinkled again. His healing factor desperately tried to batter off the effects of Dallas' chronokinesis - John Howlett's face shook like a pond, being skimmed by a rock, as he slowly began to age before the Ultimates.

"... That's enough, Green," Rebekah said softly. Dallas ignored her.

He watched a thread of gray blossom from John's thick black hair, tall and proud like a pale flower.

"He's been hit by...he's been struck by...a smooth criminal!" Ashley sang. Dallas ignored her.

John wheezed. An aged spot swirled to life on the back of his right hand, and then another, and another.

Even Kristen sounded unnerved when she muttered a quiet "Dal..." but Dallas ignored her, too.

Another crack! echoed through the air, and Dallas' face whipped hard to the side, burning bright scarlet in the moonlight. His blue eyes burned with impetuous, petty spite for a second, and then softened into something almost wounded. His hands were hovering in front of his eyes, fingers spread apart, and through the cracks he could see John's body working its magic, returning to his proper age. He stared at his palms as if he'd never seen them before in his life, and then sat down on the hood.

Tali's hand was still outstretched, from the arc it had taken when she slapped him. Tali. Tali who he had practically ignored since day one, Tali who only craved basic affection after her time with the Phalanx, Tali, the only one he couldn't bring himself to hurt if he tried...

"I suppose it's not your fault, with all things considered," he said, so softly that he might cry or scream. His foot pushed the front bumper of Alex's car off John's legs; the wheels spun fruitlessly over his knee for a second and then plopped into the soft ground. "This dimension made a ruin of us all, yeah?"

IC:

"I'm told I taste like disappointment and bourbon."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC Peter

"Ms Schneider!" Peter called out. He got up and started heading towards the new teacher. "Was going to head out to buy some chair wheels when I saw... This happening." He pointed to the group of Ultimates. "Could you help resolve this? Some... People are beating up that guy. I told them to stop, they threatened to kill me, and I didn't want to send them into the exosphere just yet, so I was keeping an eye on them."

IC: Oh joy. Lots and lots of boxes. It was times like this Alec wished his robo-arm had super-strength. Then he could just hoist these crates up one-handed and carry them away over his head. Like a bawss. Ah well, a little manual labor never hurt anyone

"Alecs... Shall we go check that out?"

Looked like a squabble between some students. Oh wait no, not quite. The Ultimates. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they shouldn't be doing whatever it is they're doing. Especially not on our lawn. Or in our universe. You're a teacher, think we should teach them a lesson?"

OOC: Will do a Persephone post when I have time, Amakusa

7AOYGDJ.jpg

A teacher that can't control students? She thought to herself before she nodded and made her way to the group of alternates.

"Okay, ladies and gentlemen, that's enough!" Lilliana spoke sternly, ready to ice them at any time.

IC: Ashley (Ultimate)

Ashley spun around toward the new voice, looking at Lilliana with a curious expression. The more plant than human mutant cocked her head.

"You're a little late, it's kind of already over..." She looked down at her bag, "Awww...the popcorn is gone."

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"As long as it stays 'over', I couldn't give a ." She replied icily. "And it better not happen again."

She stood there for a moment, watching them closely. "I have some boxes to take in... If any of you would help, I'd greatly appreciate it."

IC: "W-Warren, you don't understand... I thought I was safe from him when I was surrounded by everyone but when Jean tried to blast me out of this world..."

"He stopped her."

"Who? What stopped Jean? Elizabeth. Bets. Talk to me, please."

Betsy looked up into Warren's eyes, hers purely black, and Angel started to feel something encroaching on his vision. Something ancient. Something dark. Something filled with an impossible amount of hate.

"He did. The... The King of Shadows."

Elizabeth forced the darkness out of her eyes and started shivering again.

"Well, we've dealt with the Shadow King before. Between the two of us, we'll stop him again - no half-measures this time. I will never let anything steal you from me again, Betsy, I promise."

"We-we've dealt with Farouk before. Not... Not the King himself."

"Is there a tangible difference?"

"Farouk was a mutant with dreams of world domination. The Shadow King himself is the manifestation of human hate itself."

"...Oh. Guess so, then."

"And... And I don't know who he is. He could be anyone."

"Well...Betsy, he's not me. And he's certainly not you. That's a good start."

Betsy shuddered, as if needing to say…

"He may be... Warren, I need to tell you something... Something else."

"Yeah?"

"Another woman was taken when I escaped..."

Warren's brow pursed, and then slackened; his mouth and jaw tightened in realization. "Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me that our power control teacher wasn't eaten alive by a primordial force of hatred and spite."

"Was Tali Relo black haired and green eyed?"

"Oh, Jesus."

"She's... She's probably still alive. He… He likes having toys."

Warren took another deep breath and let Betsy's head rest against his chest. "Look...we'll get her. And we'll stop him from plaguing you. You know I mean that, right?"

"I know you mean it."

She took a shuddering breath.

"I just don't know that we can deliver."

"Oh, come now. Where's the girl who stabbed me in the heart with a Celestial Life Seed to reboot Apocalypse's brainwashing? She didn't think there was anything on Earth that we couldn't deliver."

"19 years are what happened to her. 19 years of being that creature's plaything."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"You're a teacher?" Dallas asked, legs dangling off the front end of Alex's banged up, bloody car; his smile was sharp, and cut like a knife.

"Is that a problem?" She raised an eyebrow at Dallas, a hand on her hip as her icy eyes pierced his. She wasn't intimidated at all by this blood covered kid. She'd dealt with worse.

Dallas raised his eyebrows and shrugged lazily, cupping his hands and running them through his hair; the moonlight cast a light on his head and put the color of bloody auburn into the black dye. Showstopper looked over her shoulder at the UPS box and shrugged again with one shoulder. His face twitched; when he stood up and walked past Lilliana, his white smile was borderline insolent, but he picked up a box under each arm anyway. When he reached the entrance to the Institute, he set them both down, one on each end of the door, and disappeared into the hall. He never looked back once at John.

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"Thank you." She said softly as she grabbed one of the boxes herself and began to carry it. "Come along, Alec."

"It's okay.. I won't bite you." She whispered into his ear, her soft breath softly tickling him. "I like you too much for that."

IC:

His hair fell over his brow, disguising the lines in his sudden bemused frown; something was twinkling in his deep blue eyes, so dark they almost appeared indigo in the mediocre light of the living room.

"Is that what you think?" Alaric Carlisle asked, his voice as soft as his smile.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"They'd eat you right up." She whispered softly, gently touching his cheek. Her eyes met him and she simply gazed at him, the eyes no longer flirting or seductive, instead they reflected a sense of awe.

"I'm glad I met you, Alaric Carlisle.

IC: Abigail

A mountain, that was one way to describe the mountain of bags that were now in Abigail's room. Lynae had said she could buy whatever she needed for the ball.

Abigail rested on the one spot on her bed that wasn't covered in new clothing and accessories. She'd been trying on all sorts of clothing for the last few hours and was very tired. She was currently wearing a rather fancy looking red dress.

I mayyyyy have gone a little overboard.... She texted to Lynae.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Alaric's smile widened and broke; he kissed Lynae's brow and then rolled to her side, leaning into her shoulder and watching the movie with nothing more than a casual, cursory interest.

"I'm really glad that I chose not to have you murdered when I first got here in the name of appointing another Queen, too," he replied dotingly.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"I would've snapped your neck." She replied affectionately, moving slightly so his head landed on her lap. Her fingers gently played with his dark curls, a look of content on her face.

Suddenly her phone beeped and she looked at the screen. She quickly replied to Abby. Oh god... If you spent over ten thousand, I'll have your head... Kidding but still, you'll be in trouble.

IC:

"I don't doubt it," Alaric said sweetly, letting Lynae curl up his hair and settling his head in her lap.

IC:

The Dark Avengers were less than an hour from touching down in New York City when Daken Akihiro got the word about John's return.

In the hours preceding the abrupt news dispatch, he had been almost jovial; throwing darts with Nate, Asa's head in his lap, petty gambling with Leah, a few pinball tips from Angela Dean. Only Khalid, a husk of a man, stayed detached from the team; he was perched in a corner seat, the light from the noon sun reflecting off the glass and into his peculiarly colored eyes. All the while, the new recruit had not blinked once; he may as well have been in the darkness, with the eyes of a feline. Akihiro had forgiven him his desire for space readily. Better to have a secret weapon on the team - the others he could manipulate, cajole, or muscle into helping, but Khalid alone remained a bastion of unambiguous independence. And John...

When he'd gotten the news about John, his attitude had changed. He nearly put a dart through Angela's eye, and would have succeeded if not for her precognitive ability, and after that he hadn't thrown one since. Nate had backed off, retreating into his magazines. Leah was asleep; Asa was nodding off herself, face buried into his leg. She alone had been permitted to keep in contact with him; her hand squeezed his knee sleepily, probably already half-dreaming. He forgave her for it, though it was getting harder and harder. In his mind's eye, her hand kept growing smaller and paler, and her face kept turning into John's, squeezing his knee and trying to press a football into his waist, or pronounce his funny last name. The little pitter-patter of long-forgotten fists beat on his leg, disguised as Asa's breathing.

Suddenly, it was all he could do not to jump off the plane and sprint to Oscorp himself.

But Daken was not a tumor of raw impulse like his father or his brother; he pushed into his temple with a forefinger and rubbed at it casually, deliberately giving Khalid, the lone team member with contested influences, a tell to begin planting the seeds of a persona. If he built a strategy around who he thought Akihiro was, all the better for if he ever needed his throat forcibly evacuated from his neck. He pictured John's throat flying out of his neck the same way, after one final, ultimate disappointment on his little brother's part. If he wavers, even a little, I'll do it this time. I'll kill him myself.

He smiled, but the mental image didn't entertain him the way he hoped it would. In his head, John Howlett would turn six years old, with colorless robotic eyes and a stupid simpering ###### voice, and Daken would hold back tears every time his claws tore into his brother. The last leg of the flight was the longest thirty-eight minutes of his life.

They touched down on the roof of Oscorp, and Daken was already in the service elevator alone when the others had roused themselves; Khalid had been ready and honed to go with him, but Daken wanted to see John first and that had required a sense of intimacy that the mercenary would have soured. He readied himself to see John shaved and showered; his brother had been such a pretty boy once, before Akihiro had his way with him, and old habits tended to die hard in a person like the one time X-Man.

John had cleaned up for a certainty, but it looked like it had been a couple days ago; there was too little skin for his facial structure, and his skin was stretched like an old drum across his head. His nose was broken, his cheeks were dented and dinged, and his jaw was coated with the subtlest hint of a weekend beard, stubble black as ink that would have matched the color of his hair, if the captain of the Dark Avengers hadn't shorn John himself. His clothes were ruffled and matted with wear, like he'd been laying down in them for several days. On the tapestry of cuts and bruises that had become his head, a fresh blunt force wound glistened near the crest of his scalp. Came of his own accord, knocked out. Dumbass probably mentioned me by name. At least they'd been feeding him; he was still woefully underweight, and swayed even in the faint current of the air conditioning, but when he looked up at least he didn't seem like he was going to starve to death. His eyes looked sad and grey, but not a natural gray like Daken's. They were cold and robotic, and saw nothing for themselves. I could blind him with the push of a button, Akihiro recalled, and then he thought: Jesus, he looks like an old man.

John looked as though he'd aged forty years in his captivity, and lost twice as many pounds; his eyes may not have been real, but if the deep purple circles that bagged down to his cheeks were faked then the makeup artist deserved an Academy Award for their efforts.

"You clean up well," Daken half-lied to his polished turd of a little brother. "I wanted to get to you sooner. I was away on business. Something we shared in common?" His voice had a rich edge to it while he drank in the sight of John, almost sultry; he popped open the minifridge and plucked forward two beers, tossing one to John while he himself watched hungrily from the bar. But his eyes told the real truth - he was expecting a solid answer, and he was expecting the right one, or John would never leave this room again.

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC:

Last Son Amakusa, Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think you missed my long Jennifer post where she attacks a Humvee I wasn't sure if I acted too much in one post I was just feeling a bit inspired with the character.

IC:

Johnathan sat silently on the car still in shock. Even though the aging process had been quickly reversed it seemed a streak of his hair still remained white.

"I made a big mistake letting that guy bite me, I thought I was doing good for the team." John hung his head.

The war with the phalanx was over. The war with himself was over. Dallas has spared him. What next?

His blue eyes looked up at Tali. Why did she stop him?

"Thanks... Tali, I guess I owe you one." he then looked up at the lady who'd shouted enough but didn't recognize her. He decided he didn't like her but chose to let Ashley speak.

John followed Dallas with his gaze as he left. He sighed and chose not to move yet.