BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago

Nuju Metru

IC:

"It does admittedly defeat the point of a masquerade." Nihonei noted, smiling cheerfully. She had a drink in her hands, truthfully not her first, but an intelligent light gleamed in her eyes nevertheless, sharp and observant. Her movements remained graceful, though a bit more exaggerated as she took another sip.

"But, it's fun. Noshima, you need to loosen up a little."

IC:

"In that case, let us get going." Kagesu replied, shouldering her pack easily. The slim Dasaka slipped out of the room, gesturing for the other quest-takers to follow.

"So. Tell me about yourselves, if you would."

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"... Have you always talked like that?" Nihonei asked curiously, holding her drink idly. The Toroshu's eyebrows arched upwards a few degrees, as they always did when she had found a topic of interest. "There's nothing wrong with it, of course. It is, however, a far more formal form of address than most. You've done it as long as I've known you, but did you always?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"If I may ask, why have you decided to speak as such? It hasn't been the standard form of address for many centuries. If I recall my history correctly, the latest I've seen it written was in the time of one of my predecessors, roughly a dozen Toroshu back. And she was considered conservative for sticking to it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"That would make sense. Much of the older material in the Eiyu library is of a similar nature, and Eiyu Gotsoko has said, and from my few visits I agree, that the effect is only more noticeable in the Imperial Library." Nihonei seemed particularly energized at the subject of literature, or perhaps it was merely that someone was understanding what she was saying.

"The further back one goes, the more archaic and strange the language used."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC Seiryu

Seiryu listened to the two Toroshu talking about Noshima's mode of speech (which, Seiryu noted to himself, was actually more recent than what he was accustomed to using on a good day). "Pray forgive me for inquiring into your family history, if it does indeed offend you, but have you utilized from childhood your antiquated manner of speech? Was it perhaps your caregiver who educated you in this manner? Or is this a habit that you acquired later in life?"

IC:

The Toroshu nodded in understand, words cryptic to some making perfect sense to her. "Indeed. A document may seem strange even a century after its writing. Language is constantly evolving and changing."

She glanced at Seiryu. "Well, Noshima did note that she did not know; Thus, it is doubtful it was intentionally taught."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Truly, some of the greatest literary works have been renowned not just for their content, but their grasp of language. Some of my favorites were works as such." The Toroshu shrugged slightly, smiling. "Regrettably, many are not among my clan's collection. The Imperial Library possesses them, but I rarely visit Sado."

"There are certain works I'm still hoping to find an original copy of, one day."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: (Hanako)

"I guess...I'm really glad we had this talk Jiyu. How about we go back and enjoy the party, I probably also need to check in on Yumi," I replied, shaking my head with a smile. Reconciliation, I didn't think it was possible, I thought my brother hated me. He didn't though, his anger was directed towards our mother and aunt. That hurt, just as much as the realization that Jiyu did endure such pain. There was still a party going on, and to be honest I felt famished, it would be nice to grab a drink and something to eat before reuniting with Yumi and Desde.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Noshima

"The affairs of one's clan are truly of great time consumption."

IC Seiryu

Seiryu sighed deeply. "Even as one mere quarter of my clan's leadership, I already feel swamped in all of the duties of administration. I can only imagine the responsibilities that you bear, Toroshu Hogo, as the leader of such a renowned clan."

IC: (Lhurai)

"It's my humble abode. Pretty cool place if you ask me," I replied, "and by the way, what disciplines do you practice?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

"That would be fantastic, Noshima." Nihonei replied, eyes gleaming as she took another sip of her drink. "If you, or any of your clan, are ever nearby, we would be delighted to have you at the Eiyu chateau. You'd be welcome to see our library. Not as large or extensive as the Imperial Library, but..."

She grinned slightly. "There are a few treasures we've managed to hang onto that the Imperial one hasn't."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Oh? I may have seen you there, then. I spent much time in the Library when I was yo-" A pause, and then a quiet laugh. "Who am I kidding. I still spend much of my time there."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"Jiyu...I think you'd be a great Toroshu...but I don't...I don't know how everyone will react if you announce that you're claiming leadership, it's just Toroshu have been traditionally female, not that I agree, I think anyone could, who is capable and caring for their clan. I-I just don't want to see my brother get hurt.," I said, a worried frown crossing my lips. I would be happy, my brother and my sister I'm glad the weight of Toroshu wasn't on me, but I didn't want to watch them destroy my brother. I didn't want them to metaphorically tear him to pieces, leaving my already hurting brother, even more broken than before.

"Just me? Well I'm happy to have you in leadership, still I don't know how people are going to react when it goes official," I smiled, and hugged my brother again. I was happy for him, I think he'd be a great Toroshu, I just hoped my brother could be the exception to the rule.