BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Sorox

"Sorry sir, but we're looking for transportation-"

"I frankly don't care!!" The Skakdi exploded, the cigar being torn to shreds in his massive jaws. "You can go to blazes, and so can you two friends over there! And him!" He waved a massive hand towards Cyramar and Datrox, following it up with a vicious glare towards a random passerby. "You can ALL go to blazes, for what I care! All of yah! Every singly bit of yeh! And while you're at... it..."

A nervous Ta-Toa had slid over next to the furious Skakdi and whispered some kind words to him in an urgent tone. The Skakdi nodded, strode off of the ship, and very forcefully shoved - although flung was probably a better term - Sorox into a collection of barrels. He walked off into the city, gloating over his impressive display of how obviously superior he was. Meanwhile, the rest of the crew made it a top priority to leave dock before their manager returned.

With several groans, the Toa lifted himself out of the barrels, and was about to shamefully admit his defeat when he noticed the men exit the ship for supplies. He looked back towards the pair before flying onto the ship as fast as he could muster.

OOC: Hoo boy...

Edited by Ghidora131

IC: (Datrox)

Something clicked in Datrox's brain.
​"...oh my god we're stealing the ship."
​He smiled, and repeated himself, this time more excited:
​"Oh my god, we're stealing the ship! Get a load of this, Patchwork!"

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

--IC: Viis--

"Funny enough that you mention an Arthron, Thel; I'm actually looking for one right now, and have been since I got out of the hospital.  That'd make Unseen Fighting a whole lot easier."  Viis took another glug of her hard cherry cola.  "If you know where I can find one, that'd be swell."

"As for what these are on my hands, they're just numbers.  Nothing too important."

IC: Thel

"But important enough to get 'em tattooed," was Thel's pointed remark. He opened his mouth to say something else when a server suddenly interrupted him, sliding his curry onto the counter and disappearing shortly after. The smell made his mouth water, and for a moment he almost forgot about their conversation. 

"Anyways, I don't know where to get an Arthron, sorry," he said, taking a mouthful. "Though if I find one, you'll be the first to know."

"Thanks," Viis replied.  She was starting to like this guy.  He seemed good-humored, which was a good thing to be when interacting with a sad-sack like her.

A delicious smell greeted her nostrils.  She heard Thel begin to eat.  "That smells good.  Hey waiter, I'll have what he's having," she called, gesturing to the dish Thel was tucking into.

"Right away," the waiter confirmed, writing down Viis' order before hanging up the chit by the kitchen window. As for Thel, he continued to slowly dig away at his food. It was delicious, probably the best meal he had in a while. He made a mental note to come back next time he had money in his pocket.

"Tell me, what exactly is Unseen Fighting? Does it involve martial arts or something?"

"Yeah, it's sort of like a martial art," Viis answered.  "It involves honing your senses so that you can sense where everything is.  There's a lot more projectile-throwing than normal martial arts, though."

"What progress I have made is pitiful.  Then again, it's only my first day practicing; I shouldn't expect to be good at it on my first day."

"You're in for a rough time then. Might want to consider getting one or else you won't learn much on your own." 

Just as he finished his sentence, the waiter came back with another steaming hot plate of curry. "Food's here," he said, putting it down and leaving right after as usual.

"Thanks," Viis said to the waiter.  After a few seconds of groping around for her fork, she took a bite of the food.  It was delicious; a tad spicy, but she liked spicy.

"You wouldn't happen to know where I could find a mentor, or someone who knows projectile-throwing, would you?" she asked Thel.  "Because I'm sure those are a bit easier to find than an Arthron."

"Actually, an old friend of mine knows a lot about knife throwing," Thel replied, suddenly filled with memory. "He can nail someone in the eye from across the room and make it look like child's play." He smiled, followed by a muffled, one-note chuckle. It had been a while now since he'd crossed paths with him.

Crazy fool. 

"No idea where he is though," he continued, going back to eating. "Guy could never sit in one place for long. Even if I tracked him down, I doubt he'd bother teaching you; wouldn't be his thing. You'd have better luck posting a few notices around town."

Edited by Young Wade

"Maybe I'll do that," she replied.  "Although, don't discount the possibility of your friend not bothering to teach me.  I can be very persuasive when I choose to be."

She made a motion, hopefully in the direction of the waiter, that indicated she needed a refill of hard cherry cola.  After taking another bite of food, she said, "Enough about me, Thel.  Tell me about yourself."

The bartender caught Viis mid-motion, prompting him to silently fix her up a drink. Before she knew it, an ice cold cola awaited on a coaster in front of her. Thel eyed her drink, wishing he could join her for another round.

"Me, eh?" he began, his tone primed for a quip. "Well, for starters, I eat Bula berries off my knees."

"Great, actually, my kneecaps really soak in the juices. Gives them a healthy glow, y'know?" He said all of this in mock seriousness, pausing only to down the rest of his drink. "Jokes aside, I don't know where to start."

Thel shrugged. Did a blind person want to know what you looked like?

"Um...I'm a bounty hunter?" he attempted. "Used to roll with a caravan way back in the day before joining the marines, though I also left that business a long time ago. Wasn't my style. Fiddled around for a bit, found this gig- stuck with it ever since."

Viis was intrigued.  "A bounty hunter, eh?" she said.  "Can't say I know too many of those.  Though if what I've been hearing around is true, if all the baddies have gone to Ko-Koro, then bounty hunting isn't the safest or most profitable job at the moment.  And I'm sure any sane person would avoid an entire city full of baddies, even if they are close to bankruptcy and need cash in their pockets.  Unless they have a death wish.  Then they'd probably go."

Edited by capMARVELOUS

Huh, maybe she could read his mind. 

"Sharp, aren't you? Shouldn't expect any less from a former scientist." Like with his drink, he swallowed the last of his food in one loud gulp. "But yeah, business isn't exactly booming at the moment. Kinda frustrating that I might have to start looking for new work. That or the island gets its act together soon, and by soon, I mean in a couple of months."

OOC: URGH MUST BREAK CHAIN OF INACTIVITY URRRRRGH

IC Sorox

As the pair boarded the ship, Sorox flew to the back of the boat, and after a clumsy landing on the dock, began hacking at the rope with his sword instead of just undoing the knot.

By the time he got through it, the sailors were making their return. However, they were all carrying a massive crate that read (FRAGILE) in Matoran. They stopped, started, and then began shouting at each other to do something while their load creaked and rocked.

"Run run run run RUN!!" Sorox scaled the back of the boat and pointed at the sail. He didn't tell anyone to go to it, simply brought it to attention, as he concentrated on making the water at the back of the boat push the craft out to sea. However, he was still pretty bad at it, and the boat barely inched forwards. He still kept trying, though.

IC:Cyramar

Cyramar, on the other hand, just kicked off the gangplank and, with a quick draw of his gun, shot another rope holding the ship to the port in two. The sail unfurled, but it wasn't tied down with anything.

Unfortunately for Cyramar, he didn't know how to knot a rope. So, for the side he was closest to, he opted to ram his pick through the hole in the sail for the rope, digging deep into the mast.

"Yeah, that'll do for the moment."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Thel chuckled. "Thanks but I don't think I'd wanna be a shrink. I'd much rather go back to being a courier; keeps me on the move." 

In one smooth motion, the waiter swiped his empty glass and plate off the counter.

"So, you got any other plans tonight or is drinking here it?"

"Well, my time here was just spent as a break from my frustrating first day at Unseen Fighting.  I was planning on going back to my place to continue training after."