BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Reson.

"Coming from the person whose first suggestion was let's just kill him," Reson challenged, "I'm not entirely sure I agree with this procedure." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kirgan, Khervos & Kavala

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ):

Khervos found himself criticizing the ways of the Ussalry internally. What they did was understandable per se, but it did touch on the difficult topic of suffering of the prisoners.

"Living without your mask, though not fatal to Toa, causes extreme weakness and suffering", Khervos said. "I'm not trying to sympathize with criminals, but I don't think it's appropriate for the Ussalry to act in this way... we're supposed to be better than those we fight, no?"

IC: Lash.

Lash did her best to hide her amusement. Even in defeat, Kavala was managing to cause dissent in the enemy ranks. Reson was a wild card, and not nearly as stupid as she had first thought. She waited to see what the resolution of the argument might be.

"I agree with Khervos," Reson said carefully, "I'm the new guy; I can't challenge your decisions, but if you're going to lock him up without his mask and leave him to suffer, then I'll have no part in it. You can drag him off to the cells yourself." With a scowl, he stomped away, turning his back on the group. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Sajis

Sajis watched Reson leave. She could understand the reasoning behind his viewpoint, but there was no need to throw such a tantrum over the situation. That never truly solved anything - if he wanted to change the system, then he would have to do something rather than storm away.

"Come back when you wish to brainstorm a better solution to keeping order."

For now, she had a duty to do. They were within the confines of the Ussalry Headquarters now. Sajis carefully moved to check the wrists of the captured Toa, noting if the handcuffs were properly applied or not. They were.

"What will you do now?" she asked, looking up at the assembled group.

Edited by Onarax

Reson ignored Sajis last remark. No doubt she thought he was being stupid, childish even. He wasn't. He understood what it was like for a Toa to go without their mask. After he'd fatally wounded his best friend all of those years ago, Reson had hidden away his mask, hoping to rid himself of his deadly powers. Instead, the pain and suffering he'd felt inside only grew, overcoming him, until he'd been forced to don his mask once more. 

That was when he'd decided to start drinking instead. 

He knew what it was like to be a Toa without a mask, and he didn't wish that suffering upon anyone, not even a criminal.

"If you don't mind, I'll wait around here for a while until Kavala wakes up. I want to know who the karz payed him to kidnap Matoran." 

IC Kirgan, Khervos & Kavala

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ):

Althought Khervos was happy for Reson's support, he also felt Sajis was right in a way: simply protesting would not be enough to change anything. He sighed. Whatever they did with Kavala, the Dark Toa had brought it on himself, and Khervos would have to accept that.

"I am not in the Ussalry and thus I have no authority to speak for its methods", he said. "I gave my moral input, and it's up to others if they want to consider that."

While others were talking about Kavala, Kirgan was more concerned with his new ally Vesun. "Vesun", he said to the Toa, "I don't think I've thanked you yet for coming to save me from that cave. So, I just wanna say... well... thank you."

OOC: Whoa, you guys did all this while I was asleep? Nice.

Onarax, Vesun already took the mask off Kavala. One of us should modify.

IC: Vesun

Vesun smiled, crouching to pick up Kavala. "You're welcome. I couldn't very well let my new friend get kidnapped," he explained. Vesun stepped out of the pub, carrying Kavala over his shoulders. Seeing his friends in the distance, he followed them at a moderate pace until they reached the headquarters. He turned in surprise as Reson walked off. "Wait, what? What's going on?" He looked at the frustrated expressions on everyone's faces, and began to understand. "Someone go get Reson back here. We're not dividing the group now."

Edited by Smarty35

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

Vesun handed the mask to Sajis. "Why did Reson leave, and... why is everyone angry?" he asked. Then Khervos approached him. He turned to face him. "Er... certainly." He looked around, found an empty office, and stepped in with Khervos close behind. Closing the door, he turned to face the Matoran. "What's going on?"

IC Kirgan

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ):

Kirgan looked around nervously. He didn't feel comfortable being left alone with Lash and Sajis... let alone Kavala's unconscious form.

IC Khervos

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ, empty office):

Khervos wasted no time in getting right to the point. "I think Lash and Sajis haven't been totally honest with their motives", he said. "You saw the way they walked out of the pub with Kavala, as if they were friends... and when Lash saw us, he hastily knocked Kavala out. What I'm getting at is that I think they were making a deal with him before we interfered."

Khervos then pointed at the Shadowstone in Vesun's hand. "Additionally, Lash seems to be very eager to get possession of that stone. I think it had value... it might be the shadow tool."

Vesun ran his fingers over the surface of the stone, meticulously checking it for buttons. Failing to find any, he knocked against it, and the world suddenly flashed dark. Just as quickly, the light returned. "... so that's what it does. This would best be kept in the Ussalry's custody."

Edited by Smarty35

OOC: The shadow is actually created by impact rather than squeezing it, and the darkness dissipates on its own.

IC Khervos

Khervos' eyes widened. Was this a tool taken by Kavala from the ruins of Xa-Koro? No, it couldn't be...

"I'm pretty sure Kavala didn't have that stone before", he said. "Where he got it from, I'm not sure. But you need to keep it safe. There are beings out there who might be willing to do a lot to get it from you... Lash included, I bet."

"I can hear you, you know!" Lash growled at Khervos. The moment things had gone dark through the window, she'd stepped closer, curious as to how the shadowstone worked. She was plenty close enough to hear what was said, even through the door. She opened it and stepped through. "But you're probably right. I thought it was just a pretty rock before, but now..." she rubbed her hands together gleefully, "...someone still has to pay me for bringing down Kavala almost single-handedly, and that rock sure does look nice..." 

She let them think it over. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

EDIT: Ninja'd...

OOC: Vesun and Khervos were in an empty office, with the door closed. I suppose Lash could see the darkness through a window or so, but she actually had to open the door to be able to talk to them.

IC Khervos

Khervos turned around abruptly. Lash had just opened the door and stepped inside.

"And why exactly do you want the stone so much?" Khervos enquired.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

OOC: Fixed the shadowstone once more. Should be right now.

Vesun slipped the stone into his pack. "I see the Ussalry makes ... odd allies. Perhaps you're right, Khervos." He turned to face Lash. "This stone's not going anywhere. It's too dangerous for a mercenary."

Edited by Smarty35

OOC: Edited my last post so that it makes more sense. 

"And it's not too dangerous for an amnesiac Toa?" Lash snorted, "Besides, that stone is evidence. If you won't give it to me as payment for services rendered, you can't keep it to yourself either. It belongs to the Ussalry, if nowhere else..." 

She recognised that this lot were already skeptical of Sajis. With any luck, this wayward comment might turn them agaisnt her completely.

IC Khervos

Khervos was struck by the truth of what Lash had said. The Shadowstone was evidence against Kavala - without it, there was nothing but Kirgan and Onoraza's testimonies to prove the Dark Toa had committed any crime at all. And Onoraza wasn't even around anymore.

"It's a trick", he stalled. "Sajis is with you on this, isn't she? You want the stone to be given to her so she can give it to you later."

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC: Sajis

Meanwhile, the definitely very-female Sajis had absolutely no idea what was going on, going about in her duties as a member of the Ussalry that was dedicated to ensuring that the village of Onu-koro was ordered. Kavala had been moved into a temporary holding cell, and she had handed the mask over to the guards stationed nearby.

OOC: Sajis is a she, not a he. 

"I have no love for Sajis, or any of the Ussalry. The law is a boundary I respect, but do not revere," she reached cautiously for her dagger, "I'd take care it I were you. I'm a very unpleasant person to be around when provoked," she stepped out into the office, turning to call out to Sajis, "as I was just saying to these two, if the stone does not go to me as payment, it should be taken by the Ussalry as evidence. The mentally unstable Toa certainly shouldn't be allowed to bear such an artifact."

A cold smile flickered across her face, "Wouldn't you agree, Sajis?" 

"I'm referring to the amnesiac behind me, "Lash clarified, gesturing over her shoulder towards Vesun. She'd overheard their earlier discussions when she'd been wandering the streets an hour before. He was losing his memories, and was looking for a telepath to help restore them. He was not someone who should be trusted with a artifact such as the shadowstone. 

"Now, I will take the stone or a pile of widgets as payment," Lash added, "your choice." 

OOC: Sorry, I knew that, I just forgot.

IC Khervos & Kirgan

Kirgan looked at Lash and Sajis with growing worry. He was beginning to feel unsecure around them, although Sajis didn't seem even remotely as suspicious as Lash.

Khervos was not ready to surrender the case that easily. "Hold it there, Vortixx. If we're speaking of the law here, I must point out that Vesun never made any contract with you, or anyone else for that matter. You agreed to help with the capture of Kavala without payment. No one has any obligation to pay you. There is no obligation to use the stone as evidence either... it's just a matter of practicality."

"Well then, if no one is paying me, the stone, along with anything else of Kavala's that strikes my fancy, belongs to me. I brought down Kavala. By the time Vesun here stepped in, Kavala was already on his back on the ground. I defeated him in battle, what's his is now mine. If you lot aren't paying me, then I'm entitled to whatever payment I give myself. And I want that stone." 

She was pushing this way further than was necessary, but she persisted. The only way Kavala was going to come anywhere close to forgiving her was if she busted him out of the prison and gave him his stone back. For that, she would actually require the stone. Besides, if she had it, it would definitely come in handy for the prison break. 

"Am I incorrect in this line of thinking, Sajis?" Lash asked over her shoulder. "By right of defeat in battle, Kavala's things are mine." 

OOC: I dunno how the laws work, but the RPG rules say that the person who defeats someone is entitled to any tech they have. Last time I checked, Lash defeated Kavala, and I'm pretty sure the shadowstone still counts as tech. 

"Well then, who is going to pay me, huh?" Lash all but snarled at Khervos, "I brought down a dangerous criminal, and my efforts are not being rewarded? Where is the justice in that?" she rounded on Sajis, relaxing a little as the guards-woman spoke up. It wasn't the perfect solution, but at least she got some money out of it, and the confused Toa wasn't running around with Kavala's rock. 

"Very well," Lash conceded, "Sajis gets the stone, I get Sajis' money, and we all go home happy. Except for Kavala, 'cause he's in jail." 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

"Fine," Lash spat, pocketing the pouch and storming away. This wasn't over.

She would be back. 

IC Khervos & Kirgan

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ, office):

Khervos watched Lash go, and thought: I know you'll be back. Hopefully we'll be ready.

"I'm glad that's settled", Kirgan suddenly said, feeling relieved to be free from Lash's presence. "So what happens to Kavala? Will there be a trial?"

Reson had been waiting outside, using his powers to eavesdrop on the entire conversation. He waited until Lash had passed by, then silently followed her, using his powers to ensure that he didn't make a sound. When she finally reached her destination, though, Reson found himself a very unpleasant surprise. It was the same crapheap of an inn he had left Curmudgeon to watch over earlier. 

Now, he was suspicious. This was too much to be coincidence. He knelt beside Curmudgeon, wreathing himself and the crab in silence to avoid being heard. Then he waited. Lash was up to something, and he wanted to find out what it was. 

Skoll appeared to be passed out, drunk, so Lash ignored him and stomped upstairs, breaking open the boxes and pulling away the blankets until she'd freed Breathless' Kraata. Then she carried it downstairs, instructing it to wait just behind the bar until it was needed. Half of her wanted to power up the Rahkshi and attack the Ussalry head on, but she recognised that this was an incredibly stupid plan, and decided agaisnt it. 

For now, she would have to bide her time. 

Vesun had quietly listened throughout the confrontation, and now he finally spoke. "I recognize the need to keep the evidence secure, but are you equipped to defend this against someone like Lash?" He paused a moment, sitting down facing Sajis. "Also, we need to work out some suspicions. Khervos didn't like seeing you socializing with Kavala. What was going on there?"

Vesun took a moment to consider, then handed Sajis the stone. "Very well. Make sure to guard it heavily - you know now what it can do." He stood up and turned to Khervos. "I have to return to my original quest..." he paused for a yawn. "And also, I need rest."