BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Niralle 

"job well done" he congradulated "I a heard a prospector was found, or at least part of him." he gave a remorseless grin "good work going after the prospector. The Matoran are petrified." he gestured to a bag of widgets on the desk "your payment is on the desk"

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC Niralle

The matoran leaned back in his chair. His shifting triggered the distinctive sound of leather scrunching as his whiskey stones clinked in his glass. He elevated his hand over the desk, using only his second finger he slid an enveloped profile towards the skakdi.

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

IC: Onepu

The Ussalmatoran got into positions. He waited no longer than two minutes before motioning to Kaj. "Go in without the crab. Knock and see if you can confirm if she is in there." He added some additional instructions, then motioned for him to go. The Huna-bearing Onu-Matoran dismounted and approached the door and knocked. He'd left any large bladed weaponry behind, just keeping a knife at his side, and his disk on his back. Onepu listened, concealed.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Lash

Finally came the knock on the door she'd been waiting for. The Ussalry had taken their time. She could hear their mounts moving around outside, they'd likely surrounded the whole building by now.

"Who is it?" she asked innocently.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Zero

Her eyes darted up as Transient entered. She finished the sentence she was reading, then stood and placed the tablet on the shelf next to its rigid comrades.

"I could take as many as I wanted without giving you a single widget." she laughed dryly. "Surely you haven't forgotten the money you still owe me?"

She approached him until the height difference between them was made exceptionally clear. There was an unreadable tension in the air. Zero was the kind of woman who wouldn't hesitate to kiss you on the cheek, or put a knife through your jugular- it was just hard to tell which one you'd receive first.

This time, it was neither. She simply grinned and plopped down in the chair Jakura had offered her.

"Luckily for you, I'm feeling partial to favors lately." she said casually, running a finger along the dust-lined shelf that sat adjacent to her. "In your letter you said you had three new recruits in mind, correct?"

She leaned forward eagerly. "I trust you've left notes for each of them in turn? Wouldn't want them to leave the Koro before I can snatch them up."

Edited by Requiem

OOC: How do giant crabs stay out of earshot and surround a building? In a giant cave? That echoes?  :???: 

I won't bother going back and editing. She knows you're here now anyway...

IC: Lash.

"I might be," Lash opened the slot on the door and looked through. "How can I help you?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: They can surround it and keep their distance, they just have to be within eye shot. Plus, Onu-Koro is by far the noisiest Koro on the island. Even ignoring that, Onepu wouldn't make a rookie mistake like betraying their location audibly.

NPC: Kaj

"We haven't found the man you reported, and Sajis is tied up in the mines," he lied, "I was sent to ask a few questions, and maybe enlist your help in finding him, as we can't ID him."

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Fine...  <_< 

"Oh, is that so?" Lash wasn't stupid. She knew this guy couldn't possibly on his own, but she had a plan for that. She wasn't very good at predicting how other people thought, so she'd developed a technique of saying and doing the exact opposite of what her instincts told her to. Like this morning, when she'd wheeled Breathless right in through the front gate of the village. 

"Well, the reason I left the crab behind and told you he was missing was so that I would be left alone." she closed the flap and opened the door wide. "But, since that's unlikely, come right on in." She hesitated; time to see if her gamble would pay off...

IC Skoll

"Ussalry, ma'am. Are you the vortixx woman who came by HQ earlier?"

Muffled voices, a knock on the door.

"Well Reson, it was nice talking." The wolf-skakdi picks up a large barrel, moving it to the corner. "Forget you saw me." It is a nice roomy barrel, giving him plenty of space to manuever the lid back on once he has gotten into it.

Perfect stealth.

...but close to it

IC: Reson.

Reson's De-Toa ears heard voices, both inside and outside, and he sat up, dazed and delirious. He must have passed out again. He raised his hands to see that they were tied up. That was weird. He had a piece of glass in his hands, too, though, so he used that to cut himself free, then did the same for his legs, which were also tied up for some odd reason. He spotted his mask lying on the ground in the corner of the room and picked it up as well, then looked around.

He was in some kind of basement. A wine cellar, by the looks of it. Wine wasn't usually his preferred beverage, but it was alcoholic, so he didn't care. Grabbing the first bottle he saw, he sat down on top of a barrel (yes, that's Skoll's barrel) and started drinking. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC: Faora

Noise thundered in the De-Lesterin's ears. It was painful, but for a moment, Faora endured it. Why? Because the noise signified the closest thing to home she had on Mata Nui. She had left some time ago to seek work elsewhere, but nothing major had caught on. So here she was again, in Onu-Koro. Dark and noisy, but home. Almost.

Shaking her head, Faora pulled her earmuffs off her belt and put them on. The noise level reduced to something more bearable, but it was still her most acute sense. Smiling to herself, Faora set off down the street. She drew little power from her mask; she saw indistinct forms in front of her, but she relied on her hearing to avoid hitting anything.

She didn't know who exactly she was looking for, but she'd heard something about a mercenary group. A recruiter was apparently in Onu-Koro. Faora didn't know how she would bump into the recruiter, but she figured a tavern or an inn would be her best bet.

Passing a building, she heard the tell-tale sounds of a crowd inside a building. Still keeping her mask inactive, she fumbled for the doorknob. After finding it, she pushed her way inside. The noise level rose dramatically. She wove through the crowd until she reached the bar. Once there, she leaned against it. Would that recruiter just happen to come to this tavern? Faora didn't know. But if he/she did, he/she could hardly miss the well-armed Lesterin leaning against the bar.

That was her hope, anyway.

• Upvote 1

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Nialus

(Chronicler's Outpost shop, Onu-Koro)

The Toa hung his cloak on a hook and a took a seat behind his desk. He adjusted the lightstone so that it's warm glow shone thoroughly on Zero's face. Her sharp teeth glinted slightly, making her look both ferocious and strikingly beautiful at the same time.

At her first words, Nialus clenched his fists hard enough to break stone. He realized that, well, she was indeed correct - but still, there was such thing in this twisted world as respect.

"You're right - you can try to take my money," he replied in a tone that hinted at boredom. "And yes, I haven't forgotten my debts. But you are in my village, in my shop, and, debt-bound though I may be, you have no legal right to take my possessions." He leaned closer, and this time, his tone hinted malice. "But test me and see just how... illegal I can be."

To her second words, he replied, his voice toneless. "Yes, of course. I've made sure they know not to leave. Or else..." He took the break in speech to stroke Skratch's ears, hinting to what he meant.

Turning back to the Skakdi, he said, "Here are their locations." He handed her a tablet with the directions to the new recruits.

Now that the tension had cooled and Nialus had time to look her over, he realized just how - pretty? - she was. No, not pretty. Striking (well, for a Skakdi). She was that kind of person you didn't know whether to make out with or slap in the face. She was influential, intelligent, and had friends in high places. Oh, and the rumors.

There were plenty of rumors about the merc leader, and he knew most of them, being an ex-Chronicler. He was sure that most of them were true - if they weren't, they fitted her well enough. Stories of lies, deception, sacrifice. She was a powerful woman - both physically and politically. It made him wonder just how she got to this position... and who she had to kill.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

He stepped up to the door way and took a brief look around before stepping inside. "A detailed visual description would be a big help," he said. He almost tried to force a smile, but decided against it. He was really bad at faking emotions, according to what his friends said. "I apologize for the intrusion, but it isn't actually necessary for you to leave the building, so once you do that I can get out of your way." His eyes fell on the yellow rahkshi armor. Inert, that was good.

BZPRPG Profiles

"I don't think that will be required," Lash said, stepping behind the bar and unlocking the cellar door. To her surprise, Reson had untied himself, and he was... Sitting on a barrel drinking? Perfect.

"He was here the whole time," Lash grabbed Reson by the arm and hauled him roughly to his feet. He thrashed and kickded, knocking over the barrel in tge process. "I locked him in there in the hopes he would sober up in his own time, but it seems he got into the wine instead."

In the back of her mind, she wondered where Skoll was...

IC: Reson.

Someone was jostling him around and saying things, but couldn't make out what it was. He could hear fine; he was a De-Toa after all, but his brain was so sluggish that it couldn't process the words.

"Wha's goin'on..." he slurred dumbly, taking another swig of the ######-tasting wine he'd found.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

He genuinely laughed as the Matoran was brought out. This was far too convenient. And suspicious. And the more he thought about it, the more it was so. Still, he kept the same stupid grin pasted on his mask as he took the drunk's arm. "Thanks for the help, miss. Before I go, though, I'd like to have a look at that Rahkshi armor. You running off like that was mighty suspicious." He couldn't keep the suspicion out of his eyes as he said this, and his tone had a 'we know' tone to it, whatever that sounded like.

OOC: Note, he doesn't really know anything. Just an intimidation tactic.

BZPRPG Profiles

Was he trying to scare her? In the past day or so (it was difficult to truly tell how long had passed underground) she had encountered nearly a dozen Rahkshi, defeated one of them and enslaved another, fought a Dark Toa, and conversed with two of the single most terrifying skakdi she had ever met.

Nothing scared her anymore.

"Sure, feel free to look." Lash did her best to remain calm. The problem with taking a leap of faith like this: the growing chance of taking a fall.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

"I'm trying to figure out how they work. Maybe one day we'll be able to make our own. Imagine that: Rahkshi loyal to the Ussalry..."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC Onoraza

(Onu-Koro, Niralle's estate):

Onoraza looked at the top of the page and read the name: Sajis. There was a picture included with the envelope, and Onoraza took a good look at it. Why Niralle would want this guardswoman dead was beyond her, but she wasn't about to question it. It had no importance to her, after all.

"I shall get to it shortly", Onoraza said.

IC Niralle

After seeing that Onoroza had no intention of accepting the whiskey he downed his last drops and adopted the second glass as his own. "This job will be a little more trying" he said "this is no mere miner, but a trained soldier." he swirled his new whiskey in his left hand, holding it by the rim as to not let his hand warm the glass "I recommend trying to isolate the target before executing your task."

--Character Profiles--

She laughed airily. The sound was clear and crisp, with a sharpened hint of malice.

"There's a fire within you, Jakura." she was one of the few who knew his real name. Yet another advantage she had over him. "It's amazing to see it still alive and burning. Your life has crumbled around you, yet you still endure."

She regarded him with disbelief, her left eyebrow arched comically. She didn't allow the moment to last very long, however, and in a few seconds she was back to business. That was the way of Zero. Those who were accustomed to her antics were well used to the abrupt mood shifts as well. It was hard to tell if she was bipolar, or just plain unreadable. Whichever the case, no one had dared to ask.

"Good," she said, looking over the tablet. "A Toa, a Skakdi, and a Lesterin, all gathered in the same tavern. You told each of them that I'd be there within the next few days, correct? If that's the case, they're likely spending a lot of time getting properly wasted."

A length of silence followed as she skimmed over their descriptions in turn.

Finally, she sighed. "Oh well, a day or two on foot should sober them up for their trials." She slid the tablet back to him. "Thank you for keeping your eyes and ears open for me. If all three prove themselves to be worthy, you will be rewarded."

The chair squeaked as she rose to her feet. "By that I mean your debts will have lessened slightly." her sharpened teeth flashed again in a ephemeral smile. "If that is all, I shall be on my way."

Edited by Requiem

(Chronicler's Post, Onu-Koro)

The Toa tilted his head in curiosity. That was the closest to a compliment as he had ever received from Zero.

He nodded. "Yes. They will be there on time - you have my word."

Hearing Zero talk of trials caused a sudden spark to ignite in his heartstone. It was a small spark, but it was enough.

The words made him think of battle... enemies... and how much he missed both. Suddenly, he felt an impulse to ask Zero something... something that would not only benefit himself personally, but also help relieve some of his debt, if not a large portion of it. The question was, would she agree...?

When the female Skakdi rose from the chair, ready to leave, Nialus stood as well and walked with her to the door.

"I must ask..." He said, arms crossed. "Why so unsure of me? I've done much for you in the past, all with success - yet now you doubt me?"

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 1

"I think not," Lash replied, "I'd rather make and sell my own creations independantly rather than being employed by a singular group. It affords me a certain degree of freedom."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

The Su-Skakdi stood still. Slowly, her head turned as she looked back at him from over her shoulder.

"Doubt? You?"

She turned to face him. Her eyes were alluring, in an alien sort of way. The way she moved was something foreign, a rift in conformity. It was as if Zero added a strange twist to the flow of time itself.

"I never doubted you, Jakura." A sad smile tainted her features, an odd contrast to her usual lack of sympathy. "You doubted yourself."

She motioned to the room around them. "Isn't this what you wanted? A simple life, apart from all the pain and horror that the world has to offer?"

A hint of something flashed across her features, but disappeared too fast to be recognized. "I wanted the same once- until I realized that the world is..."

She had already turned her back to him, and began walking towards the waiting door.

"Inescapable."

• Upvote 3

"You'd be surprised what degree of freedom Nuparu allows. He believes that people are at their most creative when let loose, after all." He stepped away from the Rahkshi and started to look around the place instead. There could always be more than met the eye, though his goal was to gauge her reaction.

BZPRPG Profiles

Lash didn't flinch. The Matoran hadn't found her Kraata, and Skoll (wherever the heck he actually was) hadn't shown up and made a nuisance of himself. She had no reason to fear.

"I'm not so sure about that." was all she said. No one would like what happened if she was let loose in the city.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

The Toa stopped in his tracks, and glared strangely at Zero. He felt as if a Fikou spider had just crawled up his spine, spreading frosty cold with each spindly step.

As he watched the curvacious Skakdi turn on her sharpened heel and walk towards the door, his light stopped - and with the jolt came realization. Zero had said he doubted himself, and at first Nialus thought she was referring to his record. But he hadn't understood her - his record was nearly, if not completely, perfect, and his battle log spotless. Why doubt himself? He never had a reason until she had brought it up.

But, as said, he gained realization. She wasn't talking about his skill... she was talking about his allegiance.

Nialus had never doubted his allegiance to the Outsiders - at least, not how Zero pictured it. He hated it with a passion, but it was more the debt than the Outsiders that he truly despised. He may not be allied with the law anymore, but he was an honorable being; he repaid his debts, no matter their size, and this was no exception. So, when Zero said he doubted himself, she meant his loyalty. And now, more than ever, he wanted another chance.

With a sudden impulse he would later ponder upon, Nialus marched towards the door, threw it open and grabbed Zero's arm. He held it firmly, though gentle enough so that she knew he meant no violence. He stared into her eyes with a passionate fire.

"Zero," he said determinedly, "I'm coming to Obsidian."

Edited by Jakura Nuva

He glanced up when he heard the barrel fall over. "Got a Kinloka problem in here?" He noticed the satchel sitting next to the Rahkshi armor and strode towards it. Honestly, that should have been the first place he looked when he thought about it.

BZPRPG Profiles

Time to roll the dice... Lash thought bitterly.

"I wouldn't open that if I was you." she warned the guardsman, "You wouldn't like what's in there..." she pointed at the satchel, "...to get in there." she pointed at the empty Rahkshi suit.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC Onoraza

(Onu-Koro):

It did not take Onoraza to find the Fa-Matoran guardswoman Sajis. Apparently she he was out on a mission of some kind, riding a crab near to a hut with others surrounding her. It would take time to separate her from the others.

OOC: I'm not exactly sure what Sajis is doing right now, Onarax.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

He froze, hand outstretched. He didn't think the possibility of a Kraata in Onu-Koro was actually... well, a possibility. He stood still for a few seconds, his options running through his head. For one thing, he wasn't positive it was a Kraata. It could be a weapon and she was bluffing. Saying nothing, he reached into a satchel at his hip, and the knife at the other hip, eyes darting from the bag to the Vortixx.

BZPRPG Profiles