BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Vesun

"Oh." Vesun glanced around. "Which way..." he mumbled to himself. He spotted a sign on the wall marked Barracks and assumed that was his destination. He walked in and found an empty bed. He climbed into it, still fully equipped, and quickly fell asleep, exhausted from the trials of his first day.

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

IC Kirgan & Khervos

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ):

Kirgan watched Vesun head off to the barracks. He felt sorry for the Toa for having to deal with so much after just arriving on this island.

"I only wish I could help him", Kirgan said.

Khervos turned to him. "Oh yeah, about that... I might have a solution to his problem. At least a suggestion."

"Really?"

Khervos gestured for Kirgan to follow. "Come with me. Vesun needs a rest, so we have time. I'll show you what I mean."

Khervos and Kirgan walked out of the Ussalry HQ. Khervos led them through the streets of Onu-Koro, until they reached Ferron's Forge.

Khervos walked inside. "Tuli? Ferron?"

IC Kavala

(Ussalry HQ, holding cell):

Kavala regained consciousness, noticing immediately that his mask was gone. He was weary, weak and tired - a feeling he had come to know well in the hands of the Ga-Koro marines, when he had also been forced to surrender his mask.

"Not again...", Kavala sighed.

IC: Lash and Reson.

Skoll had fallen asleep behind the bar, passed out drunk. Lash didn't bother waking him. He would need his strength later. She didn't know when to expect the Piraka to begin their attack, but it would come soon, and any allies they could get would be of use. 

Speaking of which, Lash needed some rest of her own.

"Okay, I've had enough waiting," Reson decided impatiently, getting to his feet and turning to Curmudgeon, "I'm going to go in there and confront her. If I don't come back, don't go looking for me. Just go get help." In a dim corner of his mind, it occurred to Reson that there was no way on earth the Ussal Crab actually understood any of what he was saying, but he didn't care right now. He was focused on getting to the bottom of this before anything else happened to disrupt the peace Sajis was so fond of maintaining. 

Surrounding the building in a field of silence so that no one could overhear whatever happened next, he opened the door and stepped through, unfolding his staff and holding it ready. "Hello?" he asked warily, shutting the door behind him. 

"What the karz are you doing here?" Lash challenged. She had stopped halfway up the stairs, one hand on the railing to turn and face him, her blood red eyes narrowed suspiciously. 

"You have some explaining to do," he growled, "You knew Kavala was the kidnapper all along, didn't you? You know what the shadowstone was as well. Anything else you want to confess? Like why there's a Rahkshi symbol outside the door." 

"Oh, finally someone noticed my graffiti!" Lash said, exasperated, "just the complete opposite of who I was trying to find." she turned fully around and began to walk slowly down the stairs. "You caught me. What are you planning to do now?" her hands slid down towards the whips hanging from the armour of her upper legs.

"Come quietly, and no has to get hurt," Reson pulled out his own whip, holding it loosely in one hand while keeping his staff leveled at her. He stepped over the empty Rahkshi shell on the floor in front of him, and cautiously approached her. 

"Oh, all of this excitement is leaving me breathless," Lash said, pretending to sound faint. Reson heard a wet slithering sound, felt something slimy brush by his foot, and suddenly everything snapped into perspective. He'd heard the same sound, felt that same feeling, when she'd used that same word back at the gates. He hadn't thought anything of it at the time, but now... 

"You thought Kavala's shadowstone was dangerous?" Lash taunted, "you don't know what danger is!" Reson heard motion behind him, and spun around just in time to see the Rahkshi raise itself to its full height. With one quick swipe of its staff, it had clubbed him upside the head, slamming him agaisnt a wall hard enough to knock him almost immediately unconscious. 

"Good boy," Lash purred, patting the Rahkshi on the head as she approached. Her appraising tone abruptly became bitter when she looked down at Reson. "Now, what are we going to do with him?"

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Onepu

He turned to Seren. "You're tasked specifically with aiding in the mission and ensuring the prisoner's return should he make it out alive. If you can try and bring back some former members of the Ussalry who have been brainwashed as well, do all you can. Whether you lead is up to you, it seems."

"Not leading," Seren said reflexively as he nodded, calculating odds, ideas. "Syvra will be. But I reserve the right to veto or disobey any decision of his." Logical decision. Syvra knew the ground, putting him in command was a good ego boost.

But it let Seren keep power.

Edited by Tali Relo

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Lash.

"Now, we could kill him," Lash mused to Breathless, picking up the unconscious Toa and dragging him into the inn's cellar, "but he might be useful as a hostage later on," she dropped Reson on the ground and rolled him onto his back, tying his ankles together, then binding his wrists to the corner of an alcohol rack in front of him. She pulled off his mask and kicked it over to the other side of the room, before tying a gag around his mouth. 

"Now, as for you," she addressed the Rahkshi, slamming the cellar door behind her as she stepped out of it, "play dead." Blindly obedient as ever, the Kraata slithered out of the Rahkshi suit and plopped to the ground. The empty shell stood, wavering, for a few moment,s before crashing to the floor. "Good boy," Lash crooned, picking up the repulsive slug and placing it out of sight behind the bar, out of sight. "And now... we wait."

IC: Curmudgeon the Crab

Reson hadn't returned. Curmudgeon waited, scuttling closer to the building, waiting for him to emerge...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kirgan & Khervos

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ):

Kirgan watched Vesun head off to the barracks. He felt sorry for the Toa for having to deal with so much after just arriving on this island.

"I only wish I could help him", Kirgan said.

Khervos turned to him. "Oh yeah, about that... I might have a solution to his problem. At least a suggestion."

"Really?"

Khervos gestured for Kirgan to follow. "Come with me. Vesun needs a rest, so we have time. I'll show you what I mean."

Khervos and Kirgan walked out of the Ussalry HQ. Khervos led them through the streets of Onu-Koro, until they reached Ferron's Forge.

Khervos walked inside. "Tuli? Ferron?"

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

Ferron looked up readily as the door opened, and gave a friendly nod when he saw who came in the door.

"Ah, Khervos. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Kirgan, Khervos & Tuli

(Onu-Koro, Ferron's forge):

Khervos returned the nod of greeting and pointed at Kirgan. "This is Kirgan. We..."

Tuli's head popped into view from behind the door to the furnace. "I'm here too, you know", she said good-naturedly. "You could've at least asked 'where is Tuli'?".

"I thought your shift was over", Khervos replied. Tuli answered with a chuckle and returned to her work.

"Anyway, we're here on a serious matter", Khervos continued. "Kirgan here has a Toa friend with a memory problem. Apparently his mind has been tempered with in a way that makes him increasingly amnesiac by the minute. I was wondering... would you be able to cure something like that with your mask?"

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

Ferron shook his head apologetically.

"Mmm, I'm afraid not. The Sana only works on physical illnesses or injuries. Mental ailments, like memory loss, are outside its power, especially, I think, the Noble version. Even then, I'm no doctor, I just have experience with treating battle wounds. Why not consult an actual doctor at the hospital? There's undoubtedly some Sana-wielders there far more skilled than I"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Kirgan, Khervos & Tuli

(Onu-Koro, Ferron's forge):

"We did that", Kirgan said. "They told us to find a telepath."

Khervos rubbed his neck. "Yeeeeaahh, which doesn't sound like a very realistic option. Do they even have telepaths on the island?"

Tuli emerged from the furnace doorway. "Doesn't Ko-Koro have those weird meditating priests or something?"

"We did think about that too", Khervos said. "But that's not all the concerns we have... we just encountered Kavala in the village."

Tuli went silent at the name. She remembered all too well the suspicious Makuta-worshipping Toa who had tried to kill them.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC: Syvra

"As far as supplies go rations will be among the most important given we will be traversing a portion of the Po-wahi desert. Also three Lighstone lanterns, a pair of heatstones and..." He paused as he looked back down at his map that he had left on the table "Given the distance we will be travelling, perhaps also covering the cost of mounts will be required. Afterall if we travel by foot, I dread to think how long it could take, especially in the desert heat. Though eventually once we get closer to our destination, we will have to resort to foot travel."

"Is this agreeable?" he asked of Onepu

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

"All of those can be covered, save for mounts," she said after some deliberation. "Ussal Crabs won't last long enough in the desert. They're accustomed to moisture and shade, after all." He shook his head. "I don't have an alternative to provide, but I'll arrange for the other supplies."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Syvra shook his head 

"I wasn't even considering Ussal crabs. No I figured we would have to make a stop in po-koro to refill water, and from there we would see about getting dikapis. They are suited for desert travel, and are quick enough. However if worst comes to worst I can cover the costs for that, as long as it isn't outrageous."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

"It is uncommon, but as long as you don't carry extra supplies, or have heavy armor, you can generally ride it without crushing it. I've only rode one once before, and had to rent a second dikapi just to carry supplies."

He looked over at Demos and Seren 

"I would suggest we move out a bit before sunrise and that we make sure we are rested, it will be alot of traveling."

OOC; Really I have no clue if dikapis can or can't support toa weight, but it was the only rahi I know of that was domesticated for travel in po-wahi... 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Well then I suppose that is everything for the moment. Hopefully we can finally finish what started in Darkmine."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC Kavala

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ, cell):

Being maskless, Kavala's thoughts were hazy and incoherent. Yet, he could swear he was hearing someone talking to him...

He turned his head to see a purple Toa, also maskless, drawing something on the wall of his cell. Yes, this Toa was also a prisoner of the Ussalry.

Just my luck, Kavala thought, though with effort. I get the cell next to the talkative one.

"Kavala", Kavala replied grumpily.

IC: (Silo)

"Riiiiight."

He'd messed up the sketch again; his mask, with it's visual sensors on the right side was gone, meaning that he had absolutely no depth perception.

He noticed the toa opposite looking unsteady.

"You'll get used to the no mask soon enough...so what did they get you for?"

Kathok

Silo looked at him, and tilted his head.

"Apparently not. It seems your just like most of the others here: unambitious, uncreative and unhelpful little people who are content with staying out of trouble, toa."

All humour was gone from the Ba-Toa's voice as he stared at Kavala with his one functioning eye.

"Looking at you, I thought that you may have some ambitions of perhaps...I don't know...escaping."

Silo continued drawing for a while.

"Well, do you?"

Edited by Silo

Kathok

OoC: Silo, you send your post as I was writing this :P kinda annoying..

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-Koro Prison)

Danaku was thinking about his life on the stone bed, when Silo started talking with the new prisoner. He decided to join in on the conversation. "Well, there's not much else to do in these cells, so why not spend a little time to chat with others? And if not about the crime that got you into jail, then why not about something else?" He felt much better now. A single week of treatment had done wonders to his depression.. Although his amnesia was still there. "So, tell us about your life and don't mind Silo here. He just wants to escape this ****hole, which is understandable." While the treatment was good, he still hated these cells. And the food tasted horrible, too.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Kavala

Kavala was deeply irritated not only by the nosy Silo, but also the other Toa who had joined the conversation. They were both petty criminals talking to a personal servant of the great Makuta, with no idea how much further up he was on the hierarchy than they were. In Kavala's eyes, they were nothing more than scum. Ignorant fools. Hopelessly pathetic.

And would make excellent allies.

Come to think of it, talking wasn't such a bad idea.

After a moment of silence, he said "I stole a valuable piece of equipment from the market and used it in a barfight. What about you guys... what are you here for?"

IC: Photu. (Ko-Wahi & Le-Wahi connector tunnels)

Photu was patrolling the area as he usually does.The only thing that would take his mind off of things would be something drastic, like an earthquake. It just so happened however, that a small tremor shattered his thoughts as he walked past the Ko-Wahi tunnels.

"What the-"

A second shockwave hit, then a third.

"Oh no. Quickly, everyone! Move move move! Get out of here now!"

It was only the fourth hit and a few small pebbles falling on top of their heads that caused the Matoran to do as they were told. Just in time too, as a fifth earthquake caused the rock tunnel connecting to Ko-Koro to start to collapse, and Photu barely made it out himself. Upon looking back at the wreckage of the tunnel, the entire tunnel had collapsed in on itself. He only wondered what would happen amongst the rest of the Koro following the earthquake. He set out to start to remove the rubble amongst with some matoran, as the others went out to fetch any spare miners to clear out the rubble.

OOC: Open for interaction.

He stood up, and walked closer to the bars of the cell. Kavala realized that Danaku was a Lesterin. He could also see that his left shoulder and his head were bandaged "Well, as you can see, I suffered a head injury and as a result my memories are unclear. But I was told that I got here because of theft, and that my sentence was extended by 15 years because I murdered two guards."

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Kavala

"Interesting..."

For a moment, Kavala was overtaken by terrible dizziness. After a while, he was able to organize his thoughts again.

"So, you've made plans of escape or something? It's not easy, especially without masks to sustain our powers..."

"We attempted to escape a while back with a prisoner called Phantom, but he was "saved" by the good old ussalry and is now in Ko...more recently however..."

Silo exchanged a glance with Danaku, before realising that the lesterin couldn't remember anything about the incident.

"...we attempted a breakout and managed to kill a few guards and injure some more, but it was unsuccessful..."

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC: Lash.

Stifling a yawn, Lash stepped tiredly out of her inn, intending to have an investigative tour of the Ussalry headquarters to get an idea of what the cell blocks were like. If she knew the interior, she'd have a better chance of getting Kavala and any other prisoners out of there once the Piraka's main attack began. But when she stepped outside, she got a surprise she hadn't expected. 

"What the karz?" she snapped, seeing the Ussal Crab waiting outside. 

He returned shortly. "I've made arrangements. I hope bread, nuts, dried meat and bula juice suits you." He handed them the requested lanterns and heat stones as well. "As for the mounts-"

"I'll cover them." Phantom cut in. "I have deep pockets." He caught a venomous look from Onepu. "Honest money. I'm a killer, Demos isn't a thief." He smiled.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC Kavala

"Maybe", Kavala said. In truth, he didn't have the faintest idea on how to escape. "You're a Lesterin, right? Lesterin don't need masks to stay properly conscious. You will be the key to escaping... but you need to tell us your strengths and weaknesses."

A long glance was given to Demos/Phantom as he grew more intrigued with this one. 

In any other situation I would likely see him as an ally and work with him. but as of right now I need to keep up the ruse I have worked so hard to maintain and that requires treating him like the criminal he is.

I wonder if they have found those bodies you left in your wake last time you came through

They likely have, or some rahi found it before them. Who knows

He accepted the items from Onepu and as soon as they were within his satchel he stated

"Well with that done, the best thing to do right now is rest and then head out at first light... well not that you can tell down here but you know what I mean."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OoC: I should have mentioned, but the guards let Danaku wear his mask because it is a harmless Rau he needs to communicate with others and because he indeed isn't weakened if he doesn't wear it.

"Strengths and weaknesses?" He wasn't certain how to answer. His memories were an incomprehensible blur. He scratched his head and tried to remember.. "Well, I think I'm a Lesterin of iron, if I remember correctly,"  he said as he tried to remember more details. "Bladed metal weapons don't hurt me that much.. and I know how to wield a sword. Not much else." He was silent for a moment, and then spoke again: "Weaknesses? Well, I don't think that I'm a good fighter and.. Sorry, I've been told that I have amnesia. I don't even remember what my mask does. That's all I know about myself."

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Kavala

Kavala frowned. This guy wouldn't be of much help, and neither was Silo. They wouldn't have any chance of escape.

If only there was a way to get the Shadowstone...

"Wait...", Kavala said. "Your mask... you don't need it to function, but me and this Toa of Gravity do. If you gave it to one of us..."