BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Lash.

"Aw, relax, he won't bite," Lash laughed. "Breathless, come out!" the Kraata inside the bag began to squirm itself free. "Oh, and if you so much as scratch my pet you'll regret it," she warned Kaj.

She knew it was a bad idea to threaten a member of the Ussalry, but right now she was drowning in bad ideas.

One more wouldn't make much of a difference.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

NPC: Kaj

His heart leaped into his throat, and he jumped away. He pulled a Madu Cabolo out of his satchel and threw it at random. It struck one of the walls harmlessly, but that wasn't the intention of it.

IC: Onepu

He'd been getting worried, Kaj had been in there a long time. Just when he was about to send a second person in, the signal went off, an explosion inside. Trusting the others knew what to do, he kicked Ruwe into a run, making a beeline for the Inn.

OOC: Boy, Nato, my characters just seem to be nothing but bad news for yours, don't they? ^^;

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

OOC: and today was going so well...

"Yup, saw this coming," Lash sighed, ducking behind the bar to shelter herself from the blast. When she emerged, she spotted through the open door Onepu and his crab charging at the inn.

But inside... "Breathless, stop!" Lash ordered, as the creature rose to its feet, preparing to skewer Kaj with its staff. "Back away from the matoran and come to me."

The Rahkshi did as she commanded.

IC: Reson.

Seeing the Rahkshi once more was enough to jolt Reson from his state of drunken stupor. His memory was starting to come back, in fuzzy patches. He remembered what had knocked him out. That was kind of important.

"She has a Rahkshi!" he shouted, using his powers to amplify his voice so the approaching Ussalry could hear him. "Be careful!"

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Zero

The She-Skakdi smiled as his hand grasped her arm. In all honesty, she wanted him back on the team. His strength and skill were well missed, and she had taken advantage of his jumbled emotions in hopes to sway him. It had worked.

"Of course, Transient." she referred to him by his codename, signifying that his return had been welcomed. At heart she knew that he craved the battelfield, craved being part of something larger. His usual isolated solitude must have gotten to be too much to bear. Happiness for him could not be found running an artifact shop in Onu-Koro, it was simply no life for a Toa.

No matter how hard he tries, he will never be able to ignore what has already come to pass.

She regarded him with a hint of admiration in her eyes. Long had she hoped for his return.

"Pack your bags. We have a long trip ahead of us."

Edited by Requiem

"You don't bloody say!" Kaj yelled at Reson, scooting away from the armor. He wasn't going to lie, coming this close to one of them was terrifying. He stared incredulously at the Vortixx. What was her game?

In a practiced move, Ruwe turned sideways to slip through the door and skidded to a stop, claws raised. Onepu had his dolabra at the ready. "What's-" His eyes fell on the rahkshi. "Oh Karzahni."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Sajis

Sajis had moved through the door, her hands gripping a crossbow. The presence of the Rahkshi gave her slight pause, but quickly changed her plans to deal with it. It was a source of disorder. It was interfering with the daily schedule of the village. It was disgusting.

"Moving to neutralise the Rahkshi," she said matter-of-factly, firing off a crossbow bolt at the creature's head.

Everything was happening too quickly. Sajis was shooting arrows, Lash was shouting things, the Rahkshi looked like it was ready to violently kill everyone...

He had no idea what the karz he was supposed to do.

The Rahkshi didn't move. Instead, it used its staff to create a vacuum that pulled Sajis' arrow off course, sending it thudding harmlessly into the floor.

"Stop!" Lash cut in, "everyone stop!" she stepped between Breathless and Sajis. The guardswoman's shoot-first-don't-bother-asking-any-queations strategy had nearly ruined the whole plan.

"This is all just a big misunderstanding! Breathless won't hurt anyone!" A wry smile crossed her face. "Not unless I tell him to."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

"Because that Ussalry member set off a bomb right next to us. It was self defence. And my Rahkshi is a he, not an it, thank you very much!"

She reached back and tickled the creature's chin. "Isn't that right, Breathless? You're a good boy, aren't you."

Naturally, Breathless said nothing.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

"HE!" Lash corrected. "He is completely obedient to me. The only abomination here is your methods of law enforcement."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

"Have you ever heard of a Rahkshi obeying someone before?" Lash challenged, "if he was a wild Rahkshi, we wouldn't be having this conversation, since we'd both be dead."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

"Enough, Sajis," he said firmly. "I can see before me that the Rahkshi does obey the woman's orders." He fixed her with a level stare, though not an oppressive or intimidating one. "The question is not whether the Rahkshi can be trusted, but rather, the one who holds its trigger."

"There's a Kraata in there," the Matoran said shakily, standing up and gathering himself. "Slimy thing slipped inside right in front of me."

BZPRPG Profiles

"It's exactly like I told your friend here," Lash nodded to the terrified Kaj. "I want to be able to make my own Rahkshi, to sell to the Koros and anyone else who's willing to pay. The problem was, I needed a live, functioning Rahkshi to do that, so I had to go down into the karz-cursed Darkwalk to Makuta's freaking Vault to enslave one. Take it from me, it's not a fun trip."

Breathless' Kraata screeched, and Lash turned, placing a reassurimg hand on the creature's armoured shoulder. "Relax boy," she crooned, "no one's going to hurt us."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

"I can see why you would run at top speed and try not to be found out," Onepu said honestly, playing devil's advocate. "After all, controlling a Kraata is something that would arouse suspicion in anybody who didn't worship the Makuta." He didn't believe for a second that anybody could 'enslave' a Rahkshi. Not with any method a follower of Mata Nui would approve of. "So how did you do it? Enslave a Rahkshi? And how many others have done it? If you won't tell for free, Nuparu will buy your secret, I can guarantee it."

BZPRPG Profiles

"There's a group of nasty skakdi down there calling themselves the Piraka. They're giving out all kinds of stuff, so I convinced them I was a follower of Makuta, and they gave me a vial of some green slimy stuff that they said would bind a Rahkshi to my will. It seems to have worked."

She considered his other question. "As for how many others have done it, or what they have planned, I have no idea. Those skakdi were the most talkative bunch, to say the least. Just keep this in mind: I may have lied about being a Makuta worshipper, but there are others who didn't."

She looked from Reson to Kaj to Sajis then back to Onepu. "Can I please get back to my experiments now?"

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC Onoraza

(Onu-Koro):

Onoraza watched with interest as the Ussalry moved into the house. Something was going on there. Onoraza left the shadows to take a closer look and was startled by the sound of a Kraata screeching.

OOC: How many Ussalry Matoran are there inside? Are any still outside?

IC Skoll

"What is her aim?" Lash's tale seemed hastily spun. The voices of the Ussalry incredulous in response.

He was bored in his barrel, so he pushed the lid off and stood, brushing himself off. He walked into the midst of the group, adopting a robotic stance and deadset eyes, staring forward and into the distance. (a dingy wall in this case...)

"HER TALE IS TRUE, MATORAN OF THE USSALRY. MISTRESS LASH POSSESSES THE POWER TO BIND THE FORMER SERVANTS OF THE DARK LORD TO HER MERCYFUL POWER."

He spoke in a robotic tone, acting the part of another bound to her power.

"I have the best plans."

...but close to it

OOC: Five or six inside, plus Reson, and seven outside, plus crabs. Most are NPCs.

The Captain of the Ussalry gave the one who had popped out of the barrel a "what in Karzahni" look and shook his head, ignoring him. He seemed drunk anyways.

"You've brought a live Rahkshi into Onu-Koro," he said to Lash. "I'm afraid it won't be that simple. I can see you can control it, but for one, we don't know if that control will last. And second, we have absolutely no evidence that what you say about only pretending to be a worshiper of Makuta is true. I wish the times would allow us to be so trusting, but we all have lost too much." He moved (along with Ruwe) to the side, giving the Vortixx a view of the door. "Deactivate your Rahkshi and we will transport it to a safe work-place, where you will be provided with what you need, but under tight security." 

BZPRPG Profiles

"And how can I trust that you won't merely destroy my Rahkshi and throw me into a cell?" Lash challenged. "You might be the law, but sometimes not even the law can be trusted..."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC: Roth

The man was silent for a moment, his gaze still flitting around behind "Arina" in an attempt to find what would otherwise been unseen.  Finally, he seemed satisfied that she really was alone, and he wasn't about to be liberated from his widgets.  He let the door that partially hid his form swing open on it's own accord, hefting the large, gun-like apparatus over his shoulder.  The position was far less threatening than what it had been moments before pointed directly at her, though it looked like it could resume it's previous position in a split second.

Roth's eyes glinted from behind his impassive mask at the name Tykoh, though he otherwise didn't react.  Of course, the man seemed to reappraise his analysis of the Toa of Plantlife being nothing more than a lost unfortunate as she finished speaking.

"Yes," He finally stated, his voice quiet, the simple word almost having more meaning in it than just that.  "You know it's dangerous around there parts, especially for little Toa."

It wasn't a threat, or at least it couldn't have been, what with the faint echo of genuine concern that undercut his voice.  Perhaps he wasn't all the hard, cold mercenary that he certainly looked like.

IC: (Hari "Arina")

"I can handle myself. No need to worry about me," Hari replied, giving the cocky smirk that most mercenaries seemed to wear upon their faces. So he did know about the man known as Tykoh. That was good, it meant she was on the right track towards finding the man who had last seen her parents alive. "That's good, I was hoping this wouldn't be another dead end. So, if I may inquire, how do you know him? Or if you'd rather not talk about that, would you know where to find him? She's been looking for quite a bit, I'd like to solve it quickly for her, that and I don't want to take up much of your time."

Hari tried to avoid being brusque, she didn't want this man to slam the door in her face, it was really the only lead she had. She had heard the genuine concern in the Lesterin's voice, so he definitely did not seem like a bad guy, just a little wary, which was understandable, especially on this side of the town.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Nialus

He had to admit, he was surprised she had agreed so easily. Then again, knowing the clever woman, she had probably been planning it from the get-go. After all, when was the last time she had done something without a purpose? She was a slippery Tarakava, that was for sure.

Nialus quickly let go of her slim yet muscular arm, slightly embarrassed, but also a bit shocked. Her protosteel armor was so... cold. Even he, who was use to the damp cold of his shop (thanks to its location on the very outskirts of the city), felt slightly chilled. It went deeper than physical, too - it felt emotionally cold, almost as if her spirit bordered on the edge of Karzahni. It made him visibly shiver, and he held his hand as if burnt.

Shaking off the odd feelings, the Toa cleared his throat and said, "Very well. Go ahead, I will catch up with you and the new recruits at the meeting place - it shouldn't take too long to pack my belongings. I'll leave Skratch here to guard." He nodded to the Kavinika, who perked her ears up at her name.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"Of course" Ferron said with a smile, immediately scouting the sparsely lit forgeroom, his eyes settling on his wicker armchair.

"Please, have a seat yourself " Ferron offered as he sat down. The chair bore obvious signs of having been designed for a person much larger than the Turaga who was now sitting in it. It didn't seem to bother Ferron, though as he took upon himself a very relaxed posture.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Kehuri

He took a seat on the ground and was immediately hit by an tidal wave of nostalgia. He pictured Whenua sitting there, looking taller as Kehuri sat on the ground, still a simple miner Matoran. He blinked as this eyes began to sting with withheld tears. Despite it all, he chuckled. "I feel like a Matoran again."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

Ferron chuckled, "well, then I envy you. It's been centuries since I was one, I can barely even remember what that life was like. Though I appreciate the sentiment all the same."

"So, how did it start? It's hard to point to exactly where it all began, it's been a long journey..."

Ferron trailed off, his eyes feasted on the lightstone in the ceiling, the yellow glow reflected in his metallic gray eyes.

"I guess I should briefly explain what brought me to Onu-Koro in the first place, and how I came to run this forge."

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Whoa, nice post dude. :o

IC: Zero

"Very well." she replied smoothly. "Once I'm done collecting our new friends, I'll meet you down at the Drunken Ussal."

With that, she turned on her sharpened heel and strode off.

It was a while before she reached the first tavern. Transient hadn't quite specified which bar to the recruits, all he had said was that they'd be picked up on the main road that cut straight through the city. This way, the process didn't look quite as suspicious, and was easier to perform without being hindered by unnecessary attention.

The bell above the door dinged sweetly as the Su-Skakdi stepped over the threshold. She took in her surroudings in a matter of seconds, eyes bouncing quickly over beings as she made her way to the counter. Finally, she spotted the Toa of Plasma that the Onu-Toa had described.

He was quite tall for a Toa, with form-fitted red and black armor. A few firey accents caught the light, and the eye sockets of his Kakama

were conjoined into one sleek visor. She took a seat next to him, and ordered a shot of bula berry juice.

"Charek, isn't it?" she inquired softly. "My recruiter pointed you out as suitable for my organization, and informed me that you expressed interest when he confronted you." She picked up the glass that was set down before her, and swished the liquid around before downing it. "Am I right?"

OOC: That's finally you, Endless :) Thanks for being so patient!

While everyone was staring tensely at each other, Reson spotted Curmudgeon scuttle in through the open door. "Good boy," he embraced the crab as it ran up to him. Clearly, he'd done exactly what he'd been told to: go find the Ussalry if Reson didn't come back. 

Lash thought it over. If she went with them, there was the risk that they might realise she was completely lying about trying to build new Rahkshi. If she killed Breathless, it made her whole trip into the Vault a waste of time and effort, and all of the injuries she'd accrued would have been for nothing. If she left, then bringing Breathless into the city would have been yet another waste of time and effort. 

"Very well," she scowled. "Breathless, play dead." The Rahkshi did as ordered, the Kraata slithering out and into Lash's waiting arms. The empty suit teetered for a moment, then fell to the ground. "I'll go with you, on one condition. I want my assistant Skoll to be allowed to come with me."

Lash glared daggers at Sajis. "How would you know?"

OOC: Haha, nice one Tiragath, you got a laugh out of me! :D

He sighed and looked at Sajis. He'd never realized she was so... outspoken. "Private Sajis, please. If you have information that would contradict her claim, I ask that you be open with it."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Sajis

Sajis pointed to Skoll.

"He is clearly surprised by the declaration that he is a assistant. His face is attempting to exclaim something. Lash is also a wandering mercenary, one who does not appear to base herself in this village. Skoll here is a known resident drunk. It is unlikely that he has become her assistant. Possible accomplice, yes. Assistant? No."

Edited by Purple God

"Well, he's been helping me out. He's certainly the closest thing I have to an assistant. Like you said, he's the resident drunk, so I've given him something more productive to do than hide in barrels and drink grog all day. Is that a crime?"