Set Review: 44010 Stormer

44010_Stormer_Review_teaser.jpgToday it's time for another Hero Factory set review. So take a break from eating turkey, and check out our thoughts on <a href='http://amzn.to/1brjPrR' target='offsite'>44010 Stormer</a> from the Brain Attack wave. Should you brave the Black Friday sales to see if you can pick him up, or is he more of a, 'order online from the couch,' kind of set? You'll have to read and watch on to find out!View the full article

I agree with you about the set but i still find the weapon odd (mostly the Ice Missile Launcher). I do like that Stormer have both of his hands and that the Helmet is like the original 1.0 helmet. I don't like the new head but it is good for MOCing and the set is mostly good for MOCing with. I have 2 Stormer and i way get another one but right now i don't know.

I hope to see a review of Dragon Bolt and Surge soon.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Personally I'm not sure if anything is worth braving Black Friday sales... but I do like the set except for those terribly positioned flick fires. Fortunately they look easily removable.

I quite like the positioning of the flick-fires on this set. It's a great way to mount them in my opinion, and they help make the build more unique than just a generic icy figure with a sword and shield. The flip-up launcher is also an awesome touch, which makes the missiles much cooler than they would have been if they were fixed in one position.I would almost never call flick-fire missiles a "con" unless they greatly harmed the look of a set. After all, even if they don't fire very far, they are hardly obtrusive, and in sets like this one they actually perform a cool decorative function even if you never play with the set. Plus, it's extremely easy to replace flick-fire missiles with 1M Technic pins with studs if you find them especially bothersome. And flick-fires are amazingly useful as building elements, so removing them also lets you enhance your collection in that respect.When I first saw pictures of this set, my main grievance is that the already-transparent upper leg shells do absolutely nothing to hide the holes in the upper leg armor or fill it out from the front. If I were designing this figure I'd surely have mounted them on the front of the legs rather than the sides. However, after I obtained the set I realized it didn't look nearly as bad as I expected it to. He and Surge also have way better proportions than the medium-sized hero sets from 2012 (Breez, Furno, Rocka, and Bulk). The lower legs being one module shorter actually makes a pretty big difference.One thing that interests me about this set is that by piece count, only three BIONICLE canister sets ever surpassed it: Phantoka Toa Pohatu, Mistika Toa Tahu, and Toa Mahri Kongu. On another note, it was designed by Christoph Röttjer, one of the inventors of the Hero Factory building system and designer of the original Gresh set from 2009.

Having won this guy from a Eurobricks contest, I Stormer is really good in hand. My only gripe is that the printing on his visor doesn't line up w/ his eyes.

I do enjoy the contrast between him and his past selves. He has a presence on par w/ that of Stormer XL. I do wish the missile tops were chi crystals like in the animation.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801