Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Mark Bearers, Bane thought. He had heard rumors, but had dismissed them as folly. His train of thought was distracted, though, by the appearance of four giant trees in the middle of Pala-koro. What shocked him more was the discovery that Amerikos was one of them. He headed towards the toa of plantlife that had grown them, saying, "Thank you, sir. You were in the battle, I presume? How did my father fight?"-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

IC: SkrihenSkrihen shifted her coat aside slightly, revealing her Mark. The Mark of Joy glowed bright lavender, in contrast with her pale armor. "With this. Don't ask me how it works, I don't know, but it does. And if it isn't fed, it gets hungry."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:"Actually, what I said is that I am Makuta's son. And in truth, I did start out as a rather evil fellow. But I decided to learn about Mata-Nui, and quickly came to realize the folly of my ways. I joined his side, and that of the Toa. I came here to help with the battle against the Nui-Rama, but one of the Toa saw me and assumed I was evil. Unfortunately, it seems Toa were created brash. Anyways, the Toa- well, as you see, froze me. Now, don't you think that's wrong? To hurt someone just based on first appearances, and what they look like?" Skaarn asked the Le-Matoran.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

OOC:

IC - Kyju - BattlefieldThe knife flew through Paka's head. It wasn't real. Paka wasn't dead. He was playing more tricks.Kyju instantly knew his opponent was trying to trick him. He was an obvious illusionist- he manipulated sound to make the illusions complete -and he could shapeshift to a degree. His enemy aimed to win fights by fooling their enemy.However, Kyju wasn't a fool. If anything, when he saw Paka off beside him, he looked for mistakes. There were only a few, but they told him what he needed to know. The sound was too obvious. At this point, he knew his enemy could manipulate sound. Why then, would he be so obvious? It was a fake.He instantly ran backwards, away from the Toa. He leaped, pushing off of a rock and flying up into the air. He noted the small movements in the dirt, the flowing of the air, and landed where he thought Paka to be, all the while swiping out to behead him....only to lash out upon Paka an even more fierce attack.Instantly he knew the strike would not hit. However, this was not discouraging in the least to the Akrainid. All he needed was a glance to tell him more about his opponent....a trace of green blood in the dirt told him the real Paka (who had stood up the dead Rama and collected bits) had traversed such a path... ...a shift in the dirt to the right of the traces told him the shapeshifter was right-handed......having recognized Kyju's throwing knives nigh-instantaneously, he obviously had experience with such weapons, and/or carried them on his person...With these pieces of information, he crossed-reference a precise attack strategy. Running up, he slapped down the blade from the right side, using both hands to increase power. Seemingly with random intent, his left hand slid down, half of the blade broke off, using Paka's block against him. The second blade slid down, aiming to cut off his right arm at the shoulder.
IC: Kyju unsheathed his blade. Plan in head, he had it up in milliseconds and ready to swing down. He knew just how to turn back this offensive...Or so the Akrainid thought.The realization that a gout of blood was flying from his midsection dispelled that illusion rather nicely.Paka had rid itself of any illusions. Using the prepared shapeshift, it had reverted its arms to the size they actually were. The application of power resulted in them lengthening and thickening, spikes protruding more prominently from their plate.It also had the side affect of sending its staff forwards at such incredible speed that it drove right through the Akrainid.Its blade had just pierced all the way through his main artery, liver, diaphragm, and spine to poke out the other end. A gamble...Its foe was badly injured, but not so badly that he couldn't ward off the toa and take the rahkstaff. But a calculated one nonetheless.Paka quickly flipped through targets by the penetration area. The spear quivered, sending more blood forth as it enlarged the hole. The 'matoran' attempted to draw it back at the same time.With so much pain, perhaps the Akrainid would be distracted or slowed. And even if it wasn't, Paka could probably dodge a sword blow and still withdraw the staff. But more complex attacks would force its leap away...But still, the De-Toa was confident in its ability to plan. It could fight just as effectively without the staff.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:"Ohh, that bit? That was just a joke" Skaarn laughed. "I suppose you Matoran have a strange sense of humor. Where I come from, people would be rolling on their stomachs because its so funny. I guess I'll have to learn a bit more about you people. You wouldn't mind helping me out of here, would you?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

OOC: Jeez, I'm gone for a day and the entire hive falls apart. :lol:IC: Madrihk (By the ruins of the Rama Hive)Madrihk approached the trapped Hordika and the Le-Matoran beside him. Up until now, ever since the hive fell and the mutated Turaga were captured, Madrihk had been looking over what was left on the smoldering battlefield. Occasionally he had passed by his prisoner, not even bothering to look at him as he used portions of his ever-diminishing energy to keep the ice from melting from the great fire nearby.The Toa of Ice had overseen discarded weapons being picked up, minor fires doused and the dead being gathered up and carried back to Pala-Koro. He would have to go there now, to direct the funeral service for their fallen members. Madrihk didn't particularity care about most of them, but losing Trakuda had been a nasty surprise for him. The weapon-laden Ko-Matoran had been the very first member of the Island Liberation Squad, and he had stayed loyal on the whole adventure. The loss of a few crew members was a relatively small prize compared to what the Nui-Rama had lost during the battle, however. With the hive destroyed and the insect swarm almost exterminated, Le-Koro would not have to worry about them again."The Toa who froze you was me," Madrihk said as reached Skaarn. "I saw you buzzing our troops long before we reached the hive, and when you appeared in the fray with the Turaga - whatever happened to them - I thought it best to keep you right out of it."Madrihk took one final look around the clearing, which was covered in black ash, with the ominous stone standing in the middle of it. He would have to return later, to examine it further. Right now, however, the unconscious Turaga constituted a lot more pressing matter. The ILS leader hoped someone had managed to cage them in like he had ordered. If they woke into a murderous rage again, there was no telling how much damage they could do."I don't exactly know who you are," Madrihk said to Laki, "but I trust you are on our side. As for you... creature? Toa? I am tired and don't have the patience for much more action right now. I got a lot of talking to do with my team, and you will be regarded as our prisoner for now. I'll let you out of that ice shell, and then you will walk with us back to our village. One wrong move, and I freeze you solid again."With that, Madrihk placed his damaged hand upon the ice and absorbed it into himself, freeing Skaarn. While he was prepared to stop the Toa if he attacked, his mind was really on all the things that had to be done now that the hive attack was over. Writing a death toll, holding a memorial service, checking on the Turaga, interrogating Skaarn, debriefing team members, updating the team listings, planning further action... It would be a long day. And in the middle of all this, Madrihk would have to get his hand fixed. The missing fingers didn't hurt much anymore, but it would be impossible for him to fight properly with a sword when his hand was just a stiff and rigid iron shape. Ackune would have to take a look at it...OOC: Madrihk will arrive at Pala-Koro soon. I will finally be updating my blog posts again, and for that reason I'd like for people to say (OOC or something) what characters will be ILS members and which ones might be leaving. This is all so I can update the team listings and keep track of things myself. Thanks. :)

Edited by Katuko

IC"You are are dark-bad." Laki said to Skaarn accusingly. He wan't surprised. Skaarn's story wasn't totally watertight. "And- yes. I am good-side helping. Are you attack-leader? I am ever-happy the hive had fallen. It is the Ever-greatest blow to Makuta since toa-hero Mata. Also, I am sorry for you're death-losses," He paused, before asking one more question. He knew he was a bit nagging, but the matoran was curious. "And what-thing is the mystery-pillar? I promise-swear to let-leave you to you toa-duties soon."

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC - Kyju - FightKyju felt the pain, and it was definitely a critical hit. That was, if he was a inferior being. However, he calculated and recalculated, until he reached the perfect counter-strike.Place sacrificed weapon in cache for later use. Drive enemy back. Use gained space to collect more power and knock away attempted block.Stun head. Temporarily blind. Take advantage and push further away. Strike shoulder. Distract with hidden ulterior motive.Continue shoulder injury.Drive enemy back again.Recollect weapon.Strike.Even as the blade entered his midsection (a hidden gamble of his own) he gripped it and fluidly slid it back out. Flipping it once, he tossed it to the side in what was seemingly discarding it. However, it was then perched in a tree, because of what could only be a throw of impeccable aim. Even as his entrails began to knit themselves back together, he lunged forward, kicking out and knocking Paka back.He was then able to follow up by swinging his leg around and place another kick to his enemy's chest, knocking the wind (albeit easily recovered) from him. He slammed down a ridge-hand, hitting down the shapeshifter's block into his forehead, likely bruising.Both hands in the same ridge-hand position, slamming it into Paka's head and cracking the muscles in his neck, creating a quick shock that allowed for the other hand to strike him on the other side, stunning him momentarily. He used this to his advantage, knuckling his shoulder as well as twisting and back-handing it. As soon as he executed these moves, he slid his foot into Paka's ankle, seeming to switch targets......until he again slammed his opponent's shoulder, putting even more pressure and pain there.Then his foot snapped back up again and prodded Paka down, away. He twisted and made a bee-line to the tree where his new staff was, gripping it and pulling it out of the tree.He raced towards Paka, cutting down with the staff that would never succumb to inaccuracy.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:Freed from his icy prison, Skaarn stood perfectly still. He was weighing his options. He could try to run, but he still had a wound in his back. If he attacked he would just end up in imprisoned again. He decided to stay with Madhrihk, the Toa that had frozen him. He followed him as he walked, his head down. Hearing the Le-Matoran continue to talk to him, he answered. "It seems you are just as quick to judge as your Toa, Matoran. Just because someone looks evil doesn't mean they are.Turning his attention back to Madhrihk he said "May I at least know the name of my jailer? I believe it is only common courtesy, after all." Skaarn's demeanor had changed, and he tried to be much more charismatic than before. Being evil for evil's sake would not work at present, or so it seemed to him.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Reordin (Pala-Koro)Reordin didn't answer right away, merely lit up a cigarette and looked past the Matoran. He cast the lighter onto the bed and inhaled softly before pushing the smoke out."As a military man," he finally said, "you're trained to see things in terms of black and white. And there's always this fine line between black and white that people cross in a war; once you cross that line, you can never be white again. You're just...gray. And the thing about gray is that no matter how much black you try and take out, no matter how much white you can try and pour back in...you're always gonna be gray. I figure that the greatest thing any of us can do with our lives is try and find our way back towards the white. And if we don't, hey - at least we didn't fall any farther towards the black."He took another puff on the cigarette and finally met the Ta-Matoran's eyes."I want to help. I want to help because deep down, people are good inside, and I figure they shouldn't have to suffer the way they do. No matter how gray I grow to be, I want to be able to look back on my life as it's ending and think, wow. I really fought the good fight. Because if there's no bigger meaning, if there's no bright tomorrow waiting on the horizon...then I figure that, in the meantime, the smallest act of kindness can be the biggest thing in the world."
IC:"That's a very vivid metaphor," the Matoran said, nodding. "But smoking is bad for you." He calmly plucked the cigarette out of Reordin's mouth, putting it out with two fingers. "The biggest thing in the world... I am glad to hear you say it. It's reassuring to find that there are still people with hope, struggling to become better even if they have become corrupted."The Matoran looked Reordin in the eyes, and his gaze was strangely piercing; Reordin felt as though the Matoran was appraising his soul. "What if I were to tell you that there was a way to banish all the blackness from yourself, Reordin? You can become brilliantly white again, if you wish it. There is a way."
IC: Reordin (Pala-Koro)"You're talking about complete absolution. Spontaneous atonement," Reordin said, staring at the put-out cig as it was plucked onto the nightstand. "I've never had time to indulge in such romantic thinking."It occurred to him that he had never actually told this Matoran his name, but something - a sort of cry inside his very soul - seemed to dissuade him from bringing this point up...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Madrihk"Yes, I supposedly led this attack," Madrihk answered. "Though each squad had their own leaders, and they did most of the fighting. We lost a few warriors in this attack, but I think I can say that the result was worth the prize. We were not ready to handle Rahkshi, a Toa of Shadow and mutated beasts all at once, but we pulled through. I can also attest that I saw Matoran fight just as well as Toa, my friend."Madrihk looked down at Laki. The Le-Matoran seemed so short in comparison to his own height, but the Toa had learned not to underestimate them, especially not after seeing them in action just a few hours before. At this point Skaarn interrupted his train of thoughts, and he turned his attention to the Hordika once more."Hm. I see no reason to deny you this knowledge," he replied to the inquiry about his name. "I am Madrihk, Toa of Ice and leader of the Island Liberation Squad. As you surely saw, the ILS and its allies brought down one of the greatest threats to this island's freedom, and this is only the beginning. You, on the other hand, would be less known. I didn't catch your name. Who - or should I say what - are you?"

IC: OnyxOnyx sighed, taking the staff back in hand again and this time actually taking his time to not only properly mend the weapon but imbue it with much stronger metals while retaining the same weight or close to it at least. If it was going to break this time, that would be Kal's problem."There you go. Don't break it."

IC:"My name is Skaarn. If you must know I am a creature called a Hordika - A creature born of Makuta's attempts to create stronger, more Toa-like warriors. So I would appreciate it if you did not refer to me as a 'mutated beast'."Skaarn gestured to the army and devesation around him. "You say your squad would bring about freedom on this island. From the looks of things, it seems like you all are more concentrated on creating massacres. Are innocent casualites part of your plan, or are they just a nasty side effect?"

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Madrihk (Pala-Koro entrance)"The only innocents who died here were slain by Makuta's forces," Madrihk spat, annoyed by Skaarn questioning his motives. Of course, they weren't entirely good, but he wanted Makuta gone just like every non-evil being on the island."The rest were infected Rama and about a dozen Rahkshi," he continued. "We captured our Turaga alive, and I ended up not lopping your head off while you were still trapped in ice. So don't speak to me of morals, Hordika... if that's what they call you."The Toa of Ice deliberately did not mention that he kept Skaarn alive more due to he possibility of extracting information rather than any sense of morals. If the Hordika mutation was related to the Turaga's current state, then perhaps the ILS could not just take the credit for getting them back, but also be the ones to fully restore them.At this point, the small group was nearing the small village at Lake Pala, where most of the army was gathered. Madrihk let Skaarn enter first, looking to see if there was any place they could keep him while the team sorted out the post-attack organization.OOC: Madrihk has entered the village. Prepare to drown him in things that must be taken care of. :P

Edited by Katuko

IC:"Exactly, Madhrik Toa of Ice. Infected Rama. Countless of them killed by your forces for the sake of six lives. Tell me, is it really your place to judge if the life of a Rahi is greater than that of Turaga? You quite nearly eliminated all the Nui-Rama on this island, for the sake of six old bats that don't quite seem like they're entirely on your side anymore? What happened to the Toa code? "I may be Makuta-Spawn, but if no one else talks to you about morals, I sure as Mata-Nui will. But go ahead, take care of your squad first. You know where to find me once you've had enough time to come up with a response." Skaarn hoped that would give the leader something to think about. He wanted to appear opinionated, but not necessarily evil. He believed he had done just that.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

OOC: I am back!!!IC: TangruaTangrua finally dragged his cart up in front of an inn. He figured that he could stay here for the night, and get his cart fixed in the morning. When he walked in, he descovered the rest of his team, lying battered and injured."What happened!!!" He exclaimed.

ICLaki didn't want to listen to anything the dark son of Makuta said, but he did say something Laki hadn't thought of- the death of Nui-Rama. How far did one take the concept of murder? Was it really right to kill all the Rama?No. It was Makuta's fault. He had enslaved them, and if the Rama couldn't be freed, they had to be killed. Even uninfected the Nui-Rama were dangerous. our lives were more important that their's. Why? Because no Nui-Rama was smart enought to argue otherwise.A large amount of people ran towards The toa of ice, all speaking to him about important things that needed doing. Laki wished he could help, but he was only a matoran, and not even a part of this elite group. In fact, he should be getting back to Le-Koro.Nevertheless, he did want to make up for his failure to assist in the attack on the Nui-Rama hive. Helping clean up after the battle was the least he could do.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC (Dekuna): "The battle happened" Dekuna replied, a little irritably. "Hundreds of rama, a dozen Rahkshi, super-powered Turaga and a toa of shadow. That's what we were up against. We beat them, but it wasn't easy. The hive is down, but there was a cost in blood".

ppg2.png

IC:"There is no spontaneous atonement," the Matoran said. "You must decide to atone for your evils. For although we can never be perfect, we can strive to banish all the muddiness from ourselves, pledge to do so, and by that act become clearer. With acts of selflessness and goodness, we do not add white to the mix of color - we subtract black. Absolution will come only when you have earned it. I am telling you that you can earn it, Reordin."The Matoran leaned back in his seat. "Do you want to?"

test2.png

IC: Reordin (Pala-Koro)Reordin chewed on his split lip for a moment in thought. The red splotch on his cheek seemed to stretch outwards for a second and then suck back in; the wound he had created was slowly closing. As he ran over the Matoran with his eyes, he began to feel like he was taking one of those leap of faith moments. If he said yes, then he could end up as a possible pawn or captive of Makuta. If he said no, then the alternative would be a boring and uneventful life for Reordin, trudging through capturing petty criminals wondering if there was something he could have done. His thoughts turned to the previous night: what they had done was huge. Massive. The citizens of this island had shown that Makuta could take their homes, their lives...but not their hopes. And now here was this Matoran, offering him the chance to help make up for anything and everything he'd ever done wrong. Offering the chance to dropkick Makuta out of this plane of existence once and for all.And if anyone was going to do that, Reordin would be there to watch it happen."Alright. I'm in."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:The Matoran's face broke into a bright smile that reached his eyes. "Good!" he said, clapping his hands together. "I was afraid, before, that I was wrong about you. But I wasn't, I was right, you're just what we need." He stood up from his chair, and made his way towards the door. "I'm sorry, I have to leave now. You may not see me again for a while - but when the Wanderer finds you, you must go with him. He will know where to find me, he may have the others with him by then. Goodbye Reordin, and good luck. Be wary of the shadows." OOC: The Matoran to Onu-Wahi.

test2.png

IC: Reordin (Pala-Koro)Reordin watched the Matoran go with slanted eyes and a skeptical expression as he departed; he sat silently and still for several seconds playing over his departing words in his head. The Wanderer? Who or what was The Wanderer...?Quietly, he picked up another cigarette and began to smoke, trying to calm his rapidly fraying nerves. When that was done, he made his way over to Skrihen and Kethrye."I see you two are feeling chipper," he said. "What's up?"-Teezy

Edited by #firstworldtyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: NingNing followed tegam to the in.
OOC: Isn't Tegam in Po-wahi? I'll assume you meant Tangrua for now, but if he is here too, please correct me. We could really use his mask of healing. :PIC (Dekuna): "Good Morning Ning" Dekuna said as the toa of lightning entered the inn. "Sorry we're not getting up to greet you, but the battle prooved a little tougher than we thought. We'll be allright though, given a little time.

ppg2.png

IC: NingNing followed tegam to the in.
OOC: Isn't Tegam in Po-wahi? I'll assume you meant Tangrua for now, but if he is here too, please correct me. We could really use his mask of healing. :PIC (Dekuna): "Good Morning Ning" Dekuna said as the toa of lightning entered the inn. "Sorry we're not getting up to greet you, but the battle prooved a little tougher than we thought. We'll be allright though, given a little time.
OOC: Sorry, typo. I get those two confused a lot.IC: Ning "I hate to tell you this when you are all scratched up like that, but I have this message from the shop keepers Matan and Natan. It appears you forgot to pay them for something you built." She said, before reaching in her bag and removing some string, then ripping a floor board out of the ground, and making a makeshift splint for Zealokan's terribly broken and mangled arm. "Having a cousin as a medical expert can be helpful"

OOC: Zealokan already has a sling.IC (Dekuna): "Oh, Karzhani" Dekuna swore, leaning his head back on his pillows. "I did too. Right after I shattered it, Miha was dragging us all off to the play - it was all done so fast and then we left. Karz, that's bad, but since when did you become a debt collector?"

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

OOC: Zealokan already has a sling.IC (Dekuna): "Oh, Karzhani" Dekuna swore, leaning his head back on his pillows. "I did too. "Right after I shattered it, Miha was dragging us all off to the play - it was all done so fast and then we left. Karz, that's bad, but since when did you become a debt collector?"
OOC: A sling won't set the bone, in order for it to heal CORRECTLY it needs a cast.IC: Ning"Since I made a deal with the skakdi who own the place. I run this errand for them, and they made me this: She drew the sword made from whitesteel out of a sheath on her back, and aimed it at the sky. A bolt of lightning shot through it, creating a large hole in the celing. "Opps" She said, and then took compensation for the damages out of her bag, and laid it on the table for the innkeeper. Edited by NStephenH

IC: Skrihen"It makes me stronger. The more joy, the stronger I am." To demonstrate, Skrihen turned to an empty table next to her. It was solid wood, and extremely heavy. It had taken several Toa to move it.With one hand, she lifted it, with no visible effort. She looked at Ril. "Nope. Doesn't ring a bell."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Fair enough then.IC (Dekuna): "Nice sword" Dekuna observed, laughing at the hole even though it hurt his head. "Wasn't Payiges going to train you in lightning?" he asked. "Maybe you need a bit more practice. Anyway, I'll have to get onto that as soon as we're all ship shape again. With what I've spent since, I don't have enough with me to pay them in full. We'll have to go back to my house in Ko-wahi to get the widgets."

ppg2.png

IC: Ning & Tangura"If someone could help straighten out my axle, then I can fit a few people on the back of my cart, and we can go where ever we want." The impatient Po-matoran said. "I hate the cold..." He mumbled on the way out "freezes up my arm."OOC: Goodnight