RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC [Dorian]

"Yes, her dream, the window into her soul. Which, as you can see," Dorian scooped up some yarn, "is fuzzy and pink colored."

IC [The Computer]

"I was given the task of keeping the ship running efficiently, Major Daniels, resolving tensions and misunderstandings is merely one of my many tasks."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [Dorian]

"Currently a bit ambigious on the 'man' part but yeah I'm sharing a brain with her until I can get a better job, rent's murder you know?"

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [Dorian]

"What, is Yokubon a communist utopia too? Sigh... renders so much of my snark ineffective."

voidstars.png

IC [Dorian]

"You really are that naive and isolated, aren't you? I just don't know what to do here, the little snark I have left is useless." Dorian decided the best course of action, then, to slither/flop/move towards Ashley. "So uhm, yeah, do we just derp around for the next eight hours, because I could see that, though we may need a more entertaining turn of events."

voidstars.png

IC [Dorian]

"If a sea of yarn isn't dreamy, I'm at a loss to what is."

voidstars.png

IC

Once at the bridge, Estelle stopped and turned to Will. "Wow... It seems Dave was right, there is absolutely no one here." She gazed around the bridge and smiled. "So, what were we talking about?"

IC [Dorian]

"Not like, the underwater themepark they built on Europa? How can you not want to go there? I'm looking around in your head and it just isn't there, who in their right mind wouldn't want to go on those rides and see the efforts of centuries of engineering put away to make some really amazing slides?"

voidstars.png

IC [Dorian]

"There's also the zero-g park in Mexico City. That's really fun, a lot of great rides and attractions there, same thing as a water park but no water."

voidstars.png

IC: Souper Saladd

...a sandwich. This hunk of fleshy bits disguised as rock wanted a sandwich. Glaring down at the large imposing stone man, the slug sighed as xhe slipped over to the fridge, grabbed some roast beef in a bag, and handed it over to the oversized behemoth, "Here. This is roast beef. Now begone, I still need to clean this kitchen if its not going to be further used and the bred for you, as well as the condiments, are easily accessible from your side of the wall. Now, get." xhe said, sliding over to the grill and beginning to clean it off.

IC:

"I believe we'd been discussing a certain mutual attraction." Daniels quipped, leaning against the back of his console's seat out of habit. It was strange not to see people on the bridge; He was used to it being the sole location that was always occupied.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:
"Thanks. Sorry if I aggravated you, I'll get out of your way now," Gaven apologized as he went to go make himself a sandwich.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC [Dorian]

"I went there when I was a kid. It was meh. So many lines. So much standing around."

voidstars.png

OOC: How about a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream? That would be an interesting thing to try out since apparently having a guy in your head will allow you more control over your dreams. This all sounds kind of exciting, almost makes me look forward to Nicole getting her own.

IC: It was broad daylight. Things were calm. Nicole slowly opened her eyes and stared toward Irina, who lay fast asleep next to her, the former's arm across the latter's shoulder and a smile on her face. Nicole gently took her friend's arm off her shoulder and began to sit up, climbing out of the bed. It seemed so calm, right now. Little did Nicole realize this day would change her life for ever.

Nicole was slipping into her jacket when she heard a knock at the door. She walked up and opened it, still only partly clothed. Irina began to stir at that moment, groaning as she pushed the covers of the bed aside. Nicole opened the door, still only partly clothed to find Talvert standing at the entrance. "I hate to barge in on you like this, Dr. Sarany" he said. "Something's come up. Sgt. Henrik thinks you ought to see this."

A few of the soldiers surrounded a battered and dented truck. Nicole stepped outside with some confusion, now having put on her pants and her boots. She spotted Sgt. Henrik nearby, an older woman with short raven-colored hair. Irina stepped out in a hurry, throwing on her jacket as she passed through the door.

"What happened here?" Nicole asked.

"We're not sure," Henrik replied. "It pulled into the camp this morning."

"Why'd you call me?" Nicole asked.

"Because we thought you'd be interested in what was inside."

Nicole approached the back of the truck. Young Pvt. Rickard opened the door to reveal what was inside: a massive pile of corpses; men and women, all in uniforms.

Nicole walked around the truck toward the driver's seat. She opened the door, and found sitting there a tired and frightened young woman. She was alive, but silent, a large gashing wound in her leg.

"Get a couple orderlies down here," Nicole shouted. "We've got one surviving witness and she's the only one who can explain what happened." She turned toward the young woman, finding a patch on her amour with her name: Nysra.

"It's alright," Nicole said. "You'll be fine.'

Nicole sat next to Nysra on her bed. The young woman's leg wound would need time to recover but she would probably live. She had gotten an hour of rest before speaking. The sergeant and a few other officers were present as she began talking.

"They wiped us out," Nysra explained. "The Mantis, killed every last one of us. They've just been marching through this world massacring everything in their path. The only thing we could do was run."

They had heard about the Mantis being present on Gaia, but Nysra's talk of the casualties was another matter. It was now clear an attack was most likely inevitable. It was all a matter of when and how to prepare for it.

Nicole's mind flashed back to other moments from that day, She recalled Talvert dragging in his friend and crying as Nicole confessed she could do nothing to help him, the screams and cries of patients with their injuries as they waited to be tended to, and of course Irina's repeated declaration of love before she was anesthetized, the last words she would ever speak.

Suddenly it dawned on her. Nicole reached into her collar and pulled out that locket, opening it. She looked at Irina's picture, and suddenly things seemed to make sense. She still did not know why she was pulled out of therapy to begin with, but she thought she knew why she wanted to be here. The Mantis were monsters, monsters that killed thousands. She may have never fired a gun in her life, but even having the tiniest part in this endeavor might just be enough to get even with them.

Nicole looked toward Deuce. "Did you ever lose anyone?" she asked. "Someone special to you in this war?"

IC: Ashley

"........disneyland!"

OOC: What period in time would we be talking? Disneyland of today is a lot different from when it was first made. A lot of rides have come and gone since then and if it's somehow still around in the future it probably wouldn't even be recognizable.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC: Souper Saladd

Shaking their head, the slug just slugged off, ignoring the rockman as the slug did not need further social talk with someone who asked for meat for a self-made sandwich. If only there was a meat dispenser that gave them the right meat, OH WAIT THE FABRICATOR COULD EASILY PRODUCE SUCH A FEAT, COULDN'T IT? Despite that, however, the anger allowed the slug to let out a little steam. Hearing all of this nonsense all day long could make a slug insane.

IC: Ashley

" I was unconscious for most of it...and when I was wake they had me drugged up enough that the pain was hardly noticeable at all." Ashley shrugged. "The worst part was getting adjusted to my ears and tail, I had to figure out how to control them."

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"That I do." He replied, face reddening slightly himself. "We're docked at the Brasilia for another day or two, and I have a fair bit of salary saved up. Not like I have much to spend it on. And I'm sure that the ship probably has a nice restaurant somewhere aboard, though I might have to pick some of the officers' brains to discover where."

"I'd be delighted to take you there."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC [Dorian]

"Not too hard to adjust to, though I can't say I'm an expert, I did inherent most of your muscle memory for my projection." Dorian's tail moved about a bit. "Still weird."

voidstars.png

IC [Dorian]

"Hmmmmm." Dorian stared intently at Ashley for a moment. "Hey Rehn, watch." Ashley's ear twitches started to match Dorian's, though which set controlled which was hard to say.

voidstars.png

IC:

"Well, you were it very well." The Weapons Officer remarked, smiling widely. He continued to balance against the back of his chair, tapping his fingers against the top of the piece of furniture.

"I'll have to dig through my closet, see if I brought anything decent with me."

fK5oqYf.jpg