RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC

"I wonder," Dorian mused from his curled position, "if me being in here counts as polygamy if you're married. Marriage benefits aren't as good if that's the case, cheapskate military bean counters."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:

It was at this moment that Zhanar walked into the room, carrying seven bottles of liquor and a ferret. He stared at Ashley and her friends awkwardly for a few moments, before murmuring "Um. I think this might be the wrong room."

Edited by Xomeron
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC [Dorian]

"Oh look, comic relief Zoltan, wondered where that guy was. I could use a stiff drink right now, but I'm more concerned as to why and how he got a ferret."

IC [Dave]

"Mr. Deuce," the computer beep, "I am detecting some measure of annoyance via the Major's biometrics. Perhaps your nicknames are the cause?"

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

It had been a good long jog for the Colonel, but she did arrive fairly quickly back at the Kestrel, and was somewhat relieved to find that all command staff were back on board. Didn't need them quite yet, though they'd need to discuss the transfer order that her comm just beeped her with. For the mean time, though, could put the ship's computer to use. "Computer, take into account current crew and assign new bunkcharts, I'm a bit behind on those." It beeped an affirmative and she carried onto her office, hopefully to be able to complete some work before calling it a shift.

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC

"Thank you, Dave." Estelle growled, standing up. "Deuce, I gave you no permission to enter my quarters and your disrespect to me, as both auxiliary officer and flight commander, is unacceptable."

OOC: Ojeda's back. I guess that means we'll probably see Dave making a case for Nicole soon.

IC: The mysterious whistling officer didn't seem to notice her. Nicole stepped away from the door and back into the mess hall.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC: Deuce (Estelle's Bunk, Getting Lectured)

"So that's a no on using the terminal?"

Deuce then turned his attention towards Billy. "Thanks for looking after Goofy man, and sorry not exactly used to the idea of personal quarters."

Edited by Commander Viral

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: [ Wulf Kharon ] - UFS Kestrel / Deck 3 / Mess hall

Having finished his meal, Wulf Kharon got up, smiled briefly at the waitress, and left the eatery without so much as a backwards glance.

Fifteen minutes later, the scarred ex-pirate materialized noiselessly in the doorway of the Kestrel's mess hall, tall and dark and enormous in the harsh white glare of the interior lighting. His intense gold-flecked gaze slashed once across the room's utilitarian interior, registering the details in an ice-cold analytical mind, then darted abruptly back and stabbed straight into its lone sentient occupant.

The psycho doctor, Nicole Sarany.

He looked at her for a moment, his eyes coolly emotionless, then made a slight bow from the waist. "Good evening."

OOC:

That's for you, Atton. Please also note, I'm a busy person and don't have time to sit at a computer all day, so if I take longer replying than you think I ought to, don't freak. I'm still here. Good things come to those who wait. :)

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC

Instead of making some snide remark, Estelle took a breath. "For the time being, yes it is a no. If you wish to come by at another time, I'd be more than happy to let you use it."

She then gave a slight smirk. "Tomorrow, we are going to the gym. Need to make sure you're still in shape."

IC: Souper Saladd, Angry Slug Chef

Slugging their way into the kitchen, Souper Saladd found something extremely off. For one, the grill was still on. For seconds, someone had thrown a plate or two into the trash disposal, which the slug artfully removed and put in the dish washer. The plates were NOT disposable. Taking around ten minutes to clean up what was on the grill, as well as everywhere else that the mystery perpetrator had used, the kitchen was once again spotless as the Slug looked around and began to go through the ship to see who did it. Quickly scanning who was here, xhe determined that it had to be one of the humans. Only humans enjoyed a frittata. Scanning through the brains of all on board, at least doing their best to determine who was who, the slug noticed the most suspicious food laden mind of them all, Chastain. Well. Tonight the slug was going to leave a very angry note. Going through the trash disposal again, the slug picked up a photo of their family, which had been whisked into the trash by the apparently at the time panicked soldier. Oh yes. There would be something quite...novel...about what would be left in Chastain's quarters. It was a good thing that the slug chef had certain...things laying around the secret compartment of their fridge...

OOC:

That's for you, Atton. Please also note, I'm a busy person and don't have time to sit at a computer all day, so if I take longer replying than you think I ought to, don't freak. I'm still here. Good things come to those who wait. :)

OOC: I've been trying to work on that. It's why I haven't freaked out over not hearing much from Chastain (though I should point out she is present as well and there are a few others who might be within hearing range of the mess hall so technically Nicole isn't the "lone inhabitant").

And the Psycho doctor? That's how everyone sees Nicole now? One violent outburst (and the only instance where she did something particularly harmful, unless you count the playing cards incident where she didn't physically harm anyone) and suddenly she's on par with the cast of Team Fortress 2?

IC: Nicole looked up at the large man in the doorway. She stood paralyzed, intimidated and shocked by this figure who seemed to come from nowhere. In her own surprise she had dropped her bottle of Heineken, which lay on the floor, spilling into a small puddle. Furthermore was the greeting of "Good Evening". She had to force the words out, noticeably stuttering. "Good... evening," she finally said, still very confused.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC:

Ah, lighten up a little. My character's the 'gigantic privateer', your character is the 'psycho doctor'; also on board are the 'cat-girl w/guy stuck in head', 'Pink Hair', 'the Colonel', 'that one guy with all the armor', 'Miss Mantis', and so forth and so on.

We refer to 'em by their most defining traits, do we not? It's kind of a joking thing, like 'ha ha funny'? ;)

Also I was under the impression that Chastain had just left a few minutes ago, leaving Nicole all by her lonesome, but whatevs. It doesn't matter.

Wulf seemed to nod slowly to himself, but the movement was so slight, so well-nigh imperceptible, that it might have been just a fluke of the imagination. A trick of the lighting, perhaps.

He stepped carefully into the mess hall, rubbing a massive hand thoughtfully along his stubble-shadowed jawline as he watched the puddle of expensive alcohol spread slowly out across the polished floor amidst broken glass.

For a long moment, utter silence. Then--

"Tell me, Nicole. You're... absolutely sure you should be drinking that?"

IC: Ashley

A lot of things were happening, Dorian was joking about polygamy, a Zoltan had barged into their room with liquor and a ferret, and Rehn was feeling rejected. Ashley was started to get a little stressed.

"Hey..." Ashley said, embracing Rehn in a comforting hug from behind, not caring what that might apply, customs be . "Don't do that, it's not your fault. I want to be your friend."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"Last I checked, ninety-nine point nine percent of all trained medical personnel strictly discourage the consumption of alcohol. Especially when said consumer is using said alcohol as a means to combat mental problems."

Letting his words hang on the air, Wulf walked quietly into the kitchen area to fetch a mop and dustpan.

IC: Nicole watched as the hulking man stepped aside, visibly shaken by his words. Clearly he knew about her mental issues, probably due to her attacking Ashley earlier, unless the computer had told him all about Irina but that seemed unlikely. "Mental problems?" She asked. "I was just having drink. I thought we were allowed to do that."

OOC: For some reason I can't help but imagine Wulf looking a bit like Strong Mad. (http://www.hrwiki.org/wiki/Strong_Mad) Is that weird?

IC

"My heart may actually be melting at this. I feel a great deal of panic and simultaneously some odd ease." Dorian shifted so he could better observe the goings on, before being disturbed by the tablet buzzing underneath him. "Huh, new bunk charts. Take a look at this."

OOC

That'd be the updated bunk chart in the discussion.

voidstars.png

OOC:

@Humva: Hmm... are you... sure that the update process worked properly? I don't mean to be critical, but frankly, I don't see any change. :shrugs:

@Atton: Oh, probably not so weird. I've always kinda thought of him as a bit more like 'the Hun' from TMNT, but you know. Different people, different strange little mental images that pop up in our brains without warning. :P

"...you are allowed to do it." responded the privateer dryly, his voice partially muffled by the half-open kitchen door and punctuated by a few metallic clangs and clatters as he rummaged through a maintenance closet.

"Only, sometimes 'allowed to' isn't quite synonymous with 'should', right?"

Edited by Shadowhawk

OOC

That'd be the updated bunk chart in the discussion.

OOC: Okay, I'm just a little confused about a few things. Do you think you could clarify exactly how the bunk chart is organized? From what I gather I'm in C7 but I can't quite tell who my roommates are.

IC: "It hasn't affected my performance if that's what you mean," Nicole retorted. "I'm not drunk."

Edited by Atton Rand

"Drunk is short term. Mental breakdown is long. I'm talking about the latter." said Wulf simply, returning with a long-handled mop in one hand and a battered dustpan in the other.

Kneeling, he deftly corralled the entire sloppy mess with three quick strokes of the mop, then slid it into the dustpan and from thence to the waiting steel-toothed maw that was the garbage disposal unit. The entire process took less than fifteen seconds; if there was one thing that two rough decades of commanding a pirate ship had taught him, it was the useful art of cleaning up broken beer bottles.

"The computer...? No. The computer told me nothing. I didn't need to ask it, and I wouldn't anyway. It's none of my business."

Wulf leaned on his mop, gazing down somberly at the jaded young woman with the red-brown hair.

"I'm not blind, Nicole, and I'm not a fool. I'm an observer, a listener, sometimes a doer, but most of all I'm a thinker. I keep tabs on my teammates, it's a survival skill, and quite frankly, of all the variables and the misfits we've got on this ship, you're the one who worries me the most."

"I'm not a counselor. It's not my job to sit and talk soft and easy-like and try to baby you through your problems. , we've all got demons to duke it out with. Some worse'n others, I'll give you that, but it's not so much the demons as how we deal with them. War's always been that way. Some can't take it. It kills 'em. Some can take it, like Major Daniels seems to, and some... some just don't give a . Like me."

"You're a medic. A doctor. A healer. You're on this ship to help people, and we don't care what the you do in your spare time, but when the hits the fan, we need you to get your act together and get the job done. Give it your best. Because it's not about you, and all the you've seen and the you've been through, and all your private little boo-hoos and nightmares. It's about here and now and your teammates."

"I'm a pirate. A criminal. A survivor. I'm not a good man, but gods it, when I run with the pack, I take care of my own. In conflict and out. Because in a life-and-death scenario, when you've got Mantis boarding and the engines down and ammo's running out... these people you're taking your frustrations out on today, will be the people who may very well be saving your sorry hide tomorrow."

His voice wasn't hard, wasn't angry. Just calm, even, and brutally honest.

"I know about Gaia. I worked a behind-the-lines guerrilla run there, right in the thick of it. I saw it. Not all of it, but enough. I know it was bad, real bad... but you know what? There's been worse, and you're not the only one who's lost something. There's people who've lost more to war than you ever dreamed of losing, and they haven't cracked, like I'll wager you're about to. They've set their teeth and moved on. Fought for the memory. Fought so others to come wouldn't have to suffer like they did and do."

He looked her straight in the eye, and the jagged scars on his jawbone stood out clear and tense against his dark brown skin.

"Nicole Sarany. I don't like it when you treat your teammates-- my teammates-- like . I don't know what you're dealing with, and I don't care to know, but if you can't control yourself anyway, and fit in somehow... you pack your bags and tell the Colonel you want out. A cripple's no good on the front lines, as you should know."

"You understand what I'm saying?"

IC

After a good amount of awkward silence, Estelle stood up. "Well, gentlemen, I'm hungry. I'm going to go visit the kitchens. I hope that you two will excuse me... And also exit my room shortly. Goodbye."

It was true she was a bit hungry, but it was also an excuse to leave the awkward situation behind.

She was still in her shorts and tank top as she entered Souper's kitchen. "Hey there, Soup." She greeted her old friend cheerfully, hopping up onto one of the clean counters.

IC: Souper Saladd

Smirking a little at the human who had decided to enter the Kitchen Proper, Souper looked over and nodded, "Ah, my favorite pink-haired human, what brings you to my kitchen?" the slug said, it's pink antennae twitching as xhe continued to look over the supplies gotten in the kitchen, "I was just making sure the things we got from the space station before the attack by the mantis were still good. Are you hungry? What do you need?"

IC

"I'm the only pink haired human you know, Soup." She said with a chuckle before shaking her head. "I'm a little hungry but I sort of came to escape a bit of awkwardness back at my room."

She then ruffled her hair and grinned. "Enough about me, how are you, old friend? How's your mate? And your kids? I haven't seen them in a while."

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

IC: Souper Saladd, haver of a family

Xhe stiffened up a little when xhe heard that. There'd been little time to talk about that lately, "I don't get updates, but my little sluglings should be in school right now. Only one slug academy on earth and its VERY expensive. Part of the reason I'm here is to pay with them...and my mate is taking care of them, so they should be fine. There are few left of my subspecies, so I am happy that the Terran Government is subsidizing our housing and not making us pay taxes" xhe said shaking their head, "...Chastain broke into here earlier and made themselves at home with my equipment. I shall pay them a visit later in regards to their food consumption, but for now back on the discussion at hand. Anything in particular that you want to eat?"

IC: Souper Saladd

Shrugging, the slug didn't seem to understand why she was so happy, "Thank you for the best wishes, Estelle. Want me to make something breakfast related, snack related, or dinner related?" xhe said, curious as to what type of simple thing she wanted.

IC: Teleporter Room

With a crackle and a hiss, Can materialized onboard the Kestrel, having decided to take the quick way back. "Computer." He said aloud. "What level of access to the teleportation system do you currently have?"

IC: Ashley's room

"Should I even bother asking?" Zhanar said, doing his best not to drop the liquor while also keeping the Ferret under control. "Nevermind, buddy, I guess you're going with the other ferrets." The Zoltan said before walking off.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC

I updated it some time ago with Atton and Blade, it's been up to date for the last few days. As for how it works, see the number on the side? That's your room. You sleep in it.

IC

"The Colonel has a command override on the teleportation systems, only herself, you, and the security chief may use it, and all uses are logged as per regulations."

voidstars.png

IC: Can

"Good." Can said. "Computer; user interface directive for First Lieutenant Can Skinter. Revert user interface settings to what they were as of yesterday. Set text readouts as preferred method of output display." Can paused, considering limiting the computer's power more, then decided that was enough for his tastes; that, and permanently cutting the computer off from the teleporter. Can was pretty sure no one else on the ship understood exactly how much havoc the teleporter could wreak...

-Rover

IC [Dave]

The computer chimed an affirmative, though somewhere in the processing banks it was wondering about Skinter's various eccentricities. It decided that was a thought for another time and went back to managing some coolant rods

voidstars.png

IC: Deuce(Estelle's Bunk, Talking to Daniels.)

After Estelle had brusquely left the room, Deuce and Daniels were left awkwardly standing next to each other. After a moment's pause, Deuce finally broke the silence. "Well, she seemed peeved. Did I interrupt something?"

Edited by Commander Viral

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:

Can, having set the computer's interface more to his own liking, decided he was hungry, after a day full of...everything, honestly, he was hungry, and headed off towards the mess hall and see if he could talk Souper into fixing him something outside of schedule.

-Rover