RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC:

Two-thirds of the way through the frittata, she's full. Her stomach has been a bit under the weather lately. Her first instinct?

Blame the trout. It wasn't her cooking. She had done pretty well for herself cooking today. Not any acid stains on the frying pan or anything. The fire didn't curdle out like milk. Everything worked out as it should have.

She's just full. Borderline food coma full. She spears what's left of her meal with the plastic knife and flicks it, like she's trying to light it aflame. Another flick. That same faint smile.

From the look of her, you'd never know.

Footsteps echo softly, and her keen ears - attuned from years of listening to the ailments of an old Ford Transit - pick them up. She's been set to a hair trigger today.

She cleans up quick, whisking everything off her table in one smooth motion and moving for a disposal bin. Nicole passes her when she's making her escape. Says something or other.

She nods curtly in greeting. She didn't think Nicole was still on the ship. Maybe the transfer order was backlogged. Either way, she's worth at least a greeting. She's human.

Nicole walks past her, but her head is turned like she's expecting something to be said. She almost indulges her, but decides against it. Waves tepidly and turns to the left, to walk down the hall. Almost aimlessly.

On her way out, she whistles happy birthday.

-Tyler

Edited by LONG LIVE TYLER

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Neither did you," The Weapons Officer countered, smiling slightly. "There was a breakdown in communication, that's all. And the only people that have any idea are you, me, and the Colonel, so there's nothing to be embarrassed about."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: As Nicole sat down, she was startled to hear a whistling tune. She hadn't seen anyone else come into the room since Daniels left. It took a moment before she recognized the tune: "Happy Birthday". Confused, she stood, noticing a female officer walking down the corridor. Nervously she approached the door.

"Is it someone's birthday today?" She asked, puzzled.

IC:

"There's something there that I haven't caught on to, isn't there?" Daniels asked, noting both the shake of her head and the unfinished statement. He was quiet a moment, thinking. "Do you mind if I ask what?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC [Dorian]

"Dunno about you Ashley," Dorian poked his head up, "but I'm feel a disturbance down the hall. I feel as though something awkward is happening."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:

"..." William regarded her in silence for a minute or two, as if trying to understand exactly what she was thinking. After that time passed, he sighed and sat back in his chair. "Well, that's your decision. And I respect it. That said, I'd rather we talked. You have my promise, as a friend and an officer, that I wouldn't hold anything you said against you."

"But," He continued, with a small smile. "You're free to do as you want. Just don't look away in shame for it; You don't have anything to be ashamed of."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Ashley

Anna seemed quite engrossed with Ginger, so Ashley decided to move further inside the bunk and plopped down on her bed, effectively on top of where Dorian had been. She was a bit tired from...everything.

"Come on in if you want." Ashley said to the others, mostly Rehn. Anna probably would be petting Ginger for a good while by the looks of things.

It feels like Estelle...

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

-==IC: Anna==-

Anna took that invitation to pick up Ginger, walk over to Ashley's bed, and lay on it as well, since she wasn't really certain where else to lay.

"This is soft." Anna noted, as she blinked a bit, wondering what time it even was.

IC [Dorian]

"Does seem like her. Can't quite tell what's going on, other than so much awkwardness it's making me feel awkward. Speaking of that though you just took my spot, shame on you." Dorian decided to rectify this problem by just laying on Ashley's shoulder.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:

"..."

William blinked once, and once again, completely silent. His face reddened slightly, finally breaking the silence a few moments later. "... That's not nearly so bad as I feared. That's not anything you needed to be worried about, either. It's a bit surprising, admittedly, but nothing you needed to worry over."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Hush, I'm tired and you don't need to physically lay down, besides there's an empty bed on the other side of the room.

Ginger meanwhile was nuzzling herself all over Anna, purring happily. Ashley smiled at that. "She likes you."

"That's a good thing..." Anna said softly, as she blinked a few more times, not moving other than to pet Ginger more.

"What time is it...?" Anna asked, as she looked up to the ceiling or whatever was above her head.

IC [Dorian]

"That requires moving. Imaginary projection I may be, but I'm still plenty lazy." Dorian continued to rest on her shoulder, until he decided that was digging into his back too much. "Ok, maybe not the best of places to lay on. Think I'll just curl up over here and take a nap. All this blasting people across rooms tires you out."

voidstars.png

IC:

"Hey, hey." The Weapons Officer said, attention refocusing instantly. He stood in a single smooth motion, crossing over towards her and crouching down next to her. "I didn't say that. I'm... Oh, I'm horrible at talking through this. Really horrible."

"I'm surprised at this conversation, but I do think I like you. I'm not sure to exactly what extent, but I do. I'm not great at dealing with that kind of emotion lately, but I do."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Don't we share the same level of tiredness? I mean you are living inside my head.

Ashley for the record didn't know what the time was. "Hey computer...what time is it?" She figured the computer had to be good for something.

IC

"Now turning three hundred standard ship hours," it chimed.

"I guess we do." Dorian was trying to get himself situated, and by now was pretty effectively curled. "Need to get some sleep at some point. Been a long day."

voidstars.png

Ashley observed Rehn, really, really hoping that Rehn wasn't convinced that they were actually...married. It was just a hug after all.

OOC: Well, here's a question: how does Rehn's colony feel about homosexuality? Considering they forgot how gender equality works I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to imagine them re-igniting other prejudices, and if they managed to resurrect the idea that homosexuality is morally unacceptable there could be some sort of legal loophole by which to get out of this absurd custom (considering this "marriage" is between two women).

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC:

UFS Kestrel = flying spaceship social time bomb of throat-strangling insanity doom

IC: [ Wulf Kharon ] - UFS Brasilia / Burger King

The gigantic tawny-eyed privateer continued to munch his way through his cheeseburger and fries. He supposed he'd better be getting back to the ship soon, but he was in no hurry. A good meal rushed is a good meal wasted; always has been, always will be.

Chew-chew-chew-swallow.

Ugh you sound like my mom. Ashley complained in her head.

"Yeah, it is pretty strange. I mean you met so many different species and cultures out here...with customs you wonder should even really apply in space..." Like marriage by hugs!

"Yeah, it's pretty... different..." Anna started to say, and then, if anyone looked over, they would see Anna with her eyes closed; sleeping near Ashley due to where she had laid down, and still cuddling with Ginger right nearby.

I wonder what tomorrow will be like...

Seening as Anna was now asleep, Ashley fidgeted a little. For once in her life she wasn't sure what to say, it was very awkward.

Ginger meanwhile was watching Rehn intently as she cuddled with Anna, the cat was close enough to Rehn that she could reach out and swat her with her paws, so the curious kitten did.

IC: Souper Saladd, Fearer of Slagathor the Ever-Hungering, Slug God of Cannabalism at Socially Inappropriate Times

It had been too long at the beach when the slug got up, packed away it's belongings, and headed back to the Kestrel. Enough time lollygagging, xhe thought, there was extra food to make so that someone could get their food freeze-dried for later or whatever humans did with food they didn't want to spoil. Spoilage was good for any slug's digestion tract, especially out in the middle of a jungle where such growls could easily scare off the fiercest predator. Despite that, however, the slug was in dire need of chefery, as it had been a while since they had cooked. Moving swiftly, the slug avoided the more risque parts of the ship filled with the most people, given that they did not want to become mentally deaf for a few minutes, and took the long way around, eventually arriving at the ship and ignoring all of the hubbub. Some sort of marriage? Why the heck would the slug care about that? Xhe had food to make, regardless or irregardless or whatever useless word meant xhe didn't care.

Yawning, the slug began to travel through the ship, wondering what in the Kestrel in the Brasilia was going on.

"Yeah..." Ashley shifted a bit uncomfortably, trying to think of the best way to go about dealing with the current situation.

"So...you know...I don't think that um...hugs equal marriage....in space..." Ashley hid her face with a pillow.

IC: Deuce (Waking up in a Medical Bay Bed)

Deuce groaned, as he finally drifted back into a state of consciousness. He had been out for what? A day? A week? At this point he wasn't too sure, time had an odd way of distorting itself when the brain checked out, so to speak. In fact the last thing Deuce could remember was an attack, on a colony, no wait a ship, actually he wasn't all that sure anymore. He'd been knocked out many times, been in many battles, this was just another to add to the list.

Goofy. I hope he's alright. Nah he should be fine, Billy has probably been feeding him.

There was a grunt, as Deuce gradually forced his body off the bed. A quick inspection revealed he was covered in bandages, well that was the price one paid when modern medicine wasn't an option. That and time, and he had no idea how much time he had wasted. How much he had missed. However there was someone that knew, plus he was on a military ship so he kind of had to see her anyway.

Ugh, military regulations are such a pain. I'd rather just check up on Goofy. Still figuring out what happened might be of use.

With another grunt, Deuce heaved himself off the bed. Stumbling for a moment as he regained his balance, it didn't take long though. This wasn't the first time he'd been knocked out, plus his mind and body were ready for such situations. Taking note of his jacket and shirt lying draped over the back of a chair, Deuce walked over and threw them on. He tapped the front pocket once, and smiled in relief when he felt the necklace, undisturbed. It was for the best, too many painful secrets would be unearthed if someone recognized it.

Everything in order, Deuce set out through the hallways to make his way to the Bridge. There was small chuckle at the realization that even the doctor had abandoned him. Not that it really mattered, there wasn't much she could do. However as he continued making his way through the halls of the Kestrel, an oddity struck. Namely the lack of people in the halls, now the Kestrel wasn't a large ship by any means, nor did it have a large crew. Still there was always at least a skeleton of people running about doing their jobs. Unless of course, they were docked somewhere.

Oh that's it. We're docked. Ugh, finding the boss is going to be even more annoying than I thought. Times like these I could really go from some Hot Chocolate at CJC's. I wonder if wherever we're docked has one, well that'll be something to check out later. But for now, I gotta figure something out.

Stopping where he was, Deuce figured he may as well save himself the time of heading to the Bridge and just accessing the ship's computer at the nearest terminal. Which just so happened to be inside Walker's bunk. Knocking once before turning opening the door, Deuce walked in. "Hey Pinky. Just wondering if I could access the computer."

That's when he noticed Billy crouching in front of Estelle. "Oh hey Billy," Deuce waved a single hand in greeting, "Hope I'm not interrupting anything. How's Goofy been?"

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Anna subtly opened one of her eyes for a second, before she closed it again.

She... doesn't believe that either? Anna wondered, as that seemed rather intriguing; and she definitely wondered how this would turn out; though she felt so tired right now, and half hoped it didn't go badly.

"You're not bad at all." Anna mumbled through the pillow she had requisitioned to try and sleep on; said pillow muffling her voice a bit.

"Those things aren't really bad things, after all..." Anna continued, still muffled, as she went quiet again after that, maybe actually sleep that time.

Ashley sat up, pillow flying in a random direction off the bed.

"No! No it's not like that at all! You're very cute and...desirable! It's just...we don't even really know each other...I mean I think today was the first time we've spoken..." She sighed.

"And I don't think I'm ready for marriage...I mean I can't even remember to tie my shoes sometimes...and I've got a guy inside my head...I'm developing crazy powers that scare people and and..."

"You're definitely fine too." Anna said, rolling onto her back when Ashley suddenly sat up, making sure that poor Ginger wasn't hurt in the process.

"The powers don't seem crazy to me, at the least..." Anna said with a yawn, as she sat up sleepily, realizing she likely wasn't going to get a nap at that particular moment, so she might as well help out the situation however she could.

"You just have to keep positive." Anna said, attempting a very sleepy looking smile; which wasn't helped as she yawned once more, her eyes looking as if they would seal shut at any moment.