RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

-==IC: Anna==-

Anna fumbled around a little further, before putting the clothes down with a sigh, next to Rehn.

"FInally made it." Anna said with a sigh, before she noticed Rehn, and looked at her in amazement.

"Wow..." Anna said with a wide smile.

"You look amazing!" Anna said, being completely honest as usual.

IC:

"I'd hardly place all the blame on you, ma'am." William replied, following at a roughly equal pace. His hands were in his pockets, though he smiled slightly. "You may have made an assumption, but I missed any cues that would have indicated that assumption."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"It was just the whole drink thing and... I thought it was a date... It was idiotic of me to think that." She said, looking away from him once more. "Could we stop talking about it? I'm already embarrassed as it is."

IC: Ashley

Ashley quickly stripped inside the changing stall, putting on a black frilly dress just as quickly. Other than having to figure out how to get her tail through, It was purrfect.

"Okay guys I'm coming out! Are you ready?"

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [Dorian]

Dorian looked down at himself, then at the changing room. "I'm not entirely sure how flattering this is on you, might want to go for something a bit less likely to clog the air filters."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Air filters?? Anna asked in a confused way, tilting her head to the side, as she acknowledged Dorian, but didn't look over, as she instead focused intently on the door, so that she could see Ashley when she walked out.

IC [Dorian]

"Too much fuzz if you ask me; there's a plenty fine dress over there that doesn't employ massive amounts of fraying to get pretty much the same effect. Nice, straight-edge strap frills."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:

"I've heard all sorts of reasons. That humanity has no right to create life; that AIs are inherently dangerous and bound to turn against their masters, fear from old films. Personally, I couldn't care less about the ethics, but if AIs are possibly dangerous, they should spend time developing in a research institute and being tested before being deployed on regular ships, and even then should wait before being deployed on a highly sensitive and risky mission that could very well turn the tide of the war." Can hadn't expected to talk as much as he did, but once he started he quickly put out one of his main two reasons, then decided to counter it with the third. "And they should do so by explicit order of the Federation council, not by a mid-grade command officer. No disrespect, Colonel, but are ship masters treated as absolute monarchs, or are they beholden to their superiors? Because something like this wouldn't last twenty minutes if a regimental commander tried it."

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

"That looks pretty nice!" Anna said with a wide grin, though looked over at Dorian, still confused.

Fraying?? Anna asked, as she turned her head to try and look at what dress Dorian was actually talking about.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"I suspect they have been tried, though I imagine it's not something that wouldn't be lightly spoken of. AI have a great potential; the Kestrel's computer could do so much more, but we need to keep it from becoming a sociopathic killer, so we have safeties. As far as I see it, High Command told me to get this mission done and the Terran Council, as this charter in my pocket shows, gave me permission to bend things. Better, I'd think, to experiment with an AI while the ship is largely shut down for repairs, than be forced to switch it on during a battle situation. We even have an Engi crewmember, who can monitor the growth of this AI. I would not have unlocked those safeties if I didn't have confidence that this would work. Even if it hadn't, the first five safeties are still on; weapons, engines, the outside world, the AI has no access to these things. While General Paul may not feel it proper to have an AI while we're in his ship, this charter is enough that he will look the other way."

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

Anna took that cue as for her to dash into the change room, and closed the door behind her, putting the mass of dresses on the top of the door, and quickly changed out of her clothes again. She pulled one of the dresses off, and frowned, as she began to open the door, but shook her head, and instead changed out of that dress, and pulled another off the door. That one seemed to look better on her, and she actually opened the door and walked out, twirling a bit, as she giggled.

"What do you think?" Anna said with a small smile, hoping the others liked it.

IC:

Estelle blushed some more and finally stood. Actually... I think I'll be on my way home." She blushed and, before he could do anything, kissed his cheek and quickly exited.

She headed toward the Kestrel, ruffling her hair.

IC (Ameli)

Ameli had, of course, switched out the surgical mask for her gasmask at first opportunity. Though that was still quite...distinctive. "I'm feeling fine doctor. No notable changes to breathing patterns, heartbeat and the like. Least as far as I can tell." The Vendarian leaned forwards, clasping her hands in front of her. "Anything else I can do for you?"

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC [Dorian]

Dorian looked over at Anna, contemplating it for a moment. "Too vague and uncertain, I don't like the style. Doesn't really do anything for you."

voidstars.png

Anna frowned, and looked down, and nodded.

"Point taken." Anna said, and dashed into the change room, and this time switched into a pink dress with a bow on the front, lots of layers for the skirt portion of the dress, and otherwise looking very magical-girly.

IC [Dorian]

"You may accidentally suffocate someone with that, so I approve, works quite well."

voidstars.png

"Suffocate?" Anna asked, as she raised a skeptical eyebrow at Dorian, not understanding exactly how that would occur, as she looked at Dorian curiously.

I wonder... She thought, more to herself than the others, but walked over to Dorian, and then tried to reach out and touch him.

IC [Dorian]

Anna was able to actually touch Dorian, though it felt somewhat odd, like if she focused hard enough she might push through. Dorian himself glanced at the hand, and then at Anna. "No idea on the specifics but I think you're just getting some imaginary feedback, brain's telling you something's there without it actually being there."

voidstars.png

IC [Dorian]

"I once saw an agent suffocate a League commander with her dress. Admittedly, she wasn't wearing it at the time." Dorian swatted the hand away, preferring not to get poked in the face.

voidstars.png

Anna nodded intently, listening to the story, rather intrigued by that possibility.

Doubt I'd have to do that, of course! Anna said happily, ignoring the failed poke attempt, as she tried to feel Dorian's hair, really intrigued by the whole fact that he could actually be touched.

IC [Dorian]

"I suppose you could always load it into the gun batteries and see if it's an effective weapon against Mantis." Dorian allowed Anna to continue for a few seconds, before once again moving her hand away, slightly less violently this time. "Personal bubbles are a thing, you know."

voidstars.png

Personal bubbles? Anna asked inquisitively, staring at Dorian intently, as he seemed to be doing well at good advice. She'd have to wonder about the battery thing, though common sense told her to try that outside of a combat situation if at all; because it didn't seem that feasible.

IC: Nicole turned away from the Vendarian, and continued to wander down the corridor, unsure of what to expect. She was momentarily startled when she heard a set of footsteps. turning a corridor she saw the pink-haired officer Estelle, from earlier, clad in a dress. Remembering this officer had been present with Ashley, Nicole froze in place, knowing full well she had probably seen her actions at the pool room.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC [Dorian]

"...personal bubble? Personal space? The boundary at which people say 'hey could you not get any closer I'm getting uncomfortable here.' Of course, not really uncomfortable, but still, the concept applies, you don't just go randomly stroking someone's hair, not without buying them dinner first."

voidstars.png

Ohhh; right; I thought you meant some sort of special ability right at the moment. Anna said with a sheepish grin.

I was mostly just curious, because, well, yeah. Anna said, since it was, well, not exactly something she'd seen every day or so.

IC [Dorian]

"Understandable. Still, probably best to avoid getting too touchy, I don't think Ashley quite has a full grasp on this link stuff."

voidstars.png

Anna nodded intently again, but then paused.

What does that mean, though? Anna asked curiously, wondering what the link had to do with it, other than letting her, well, touch Dorian and all. She wasn't sure what effects the link had on that, so she figured she'd ask.

IC [Dorian]

"Means that her concentration might slip and things get really really weird. I just read the field reports, don't actually understand these things outside of some basic training."

voidstars.png

Anna nodded once more, but was still confused about how they could get weird.

Does it just apply to you, then?? Even if I only just was curious how it felt because, well, yeah. Anna explained with a giggle, twirling in her dress again as she did so.

IC [Dorian]

"Well I mean, Ashley's not a mental projection being held together by some tenuous amount of concentration so I think you can touch her just fine."

voidstars.png