RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC: Ashley

"It's very diverse, the weather and climate is radically different depending on where you live, beautiful in different ways." Ashley said with a nod. "The cities are pretty crowded, always full of activity, lots of things going on, all the time. Sometimes it's overwhelming. It's hard to find open spaces now a days, probably why so many people left Earth to live on colonies."

"It hasn't been quite the same since the mantis attacked Earth, people became more...serious."

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"Decently for the most part, I mean you get some people who are meanies but the majority of people on Earth treat each other alright. Not saying it's perfect, people still get into fights over politics, religion, and favorite fast-food chains just like anywhere else in the universe."

IC [Dorian]

"I am starting to miss Earth myself, all those good memories... living on the moon is pretty dull, always was nice when I got out on missions, but nothing can quite beat the towering cities of Terra." Dorian seemed to contemplate the memories as they came up, then Ashley's ever so slight rebellion. "You know, could have gone to college and then gotten the genetic overhaul."

IC [The Computer]

"The little bits that you have discussed. I know she was your lover of some sort, died on Gaia... if I had access to the Brasilia's datacore, I could tell more, but alas, I do not."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [Dorian]

"Just saying, your pay grade would be a lot better right now if you hadn't." Dorian was still musing about the moon, though his attention quickly turned back to the real world. "I feel as though our companion isn't quite onboard with this. Need some motivation, I think."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:
Gaven stood by idly, watching Rehn get pulled along, considering where to go from here.

OOC:
And I need some more interaction.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: Nicole paused, somewhat shocked. The computer seemed to know a lot. She never told anyone in any great detail about Irina, the only ones she could recall describing it to were her psychologists back at the hospital. She was not even sure how it knew about their relationship, though evidently not in great detail judging by the way it referred to her as her "lover of some sort".

"Yes," Nicole replied. "We were in love. I could have saved her." Her eyes began to water. She took a sip of the Heineken, realizing it was almost empty. "I could have saved her."

Maybe so, but then I wouldn't be out here in space, making new friends and developing psionic powers! Besides, I have all your memories, that includes all those boring classes you took to get that degree.

Ashley gave Rehn a side hug, "I'm sure you'll love it! Just give it a chance! You don't know if you'll like it unless you try."

Ashley could sense that Rehn was a bit nervous. She wondered if it was because of her passive empathy thingy or just intuition. Maybe it was both.

"Don't worry this will be lots of fun! We can even wear matching outfits!"

IC [The Computer]

"Considering the situation on Gaia, I suspect that you could not have saved her. It simply was not the correct circumstance."

IC [Dorian]

"Maybe you should see about getting commissioned as an officer because of that. Make you a proper pilot even, let you command your enlisted men around."

voidstars.png

Ashley gave Rehn a squeeze of encouragement.

I'm already a proper pilot! I'm just not allowed to fly right now! Ashley protested. And me as an officer, commanding people? Why the kittens would you think that's a good idea?

IC [The Computer]

"Mantis wounds tend to be quite severe, the human body is not equipped to deal with their cutting blows or their plasma rifles. Do tell me though, what was the nature of the wound, and the cause of death?"

IC [Dorian]

"Better pay, better benefits, the opportunity for a career... what is there not to like about it? I know you have it in you to be a responsible career officer, particularly since there's a part of me in there now."

voidstars.png

-==IC: Anna==-

Anna gave Rehn a friendly smile of encouragement in response, walking on the other side of Ashley, as she accidentally forgot to grab Gaven again; which was probably for the best, considering they hadn't changed to their typical clothes yet.

"Don't worry; I'm positive there'll be something you like." Anna said, trying to help cheer up the other girl, who seemed to be somewhat nervous.

IC: Nicole took a final sip of the Heinken, finding it to be empty, and put it down on the ground. She sighed. "From what I remember, it was a massive puncture in her chest. We found internal bleeding and a collapsed lung among other things. I wasn't there to figure out the cause of death. If anyone did it it would have had to be one of the other doctors, not that it matters much. Whatever it was it doesn't change the fact that she's gone."

IC [The Computer]

"Even with modern technology, it is doubtful that she could have survived a trauma so severe, on a battlefield situation. Perhaps with a well equipped hospital, but not even the most sophisticated of nanites could have stopped the internal bleeding, if it was truly a large chest wound. She may be gone, but blaming yourself for that is counterproductive."

IC [Dorian]

"You know what else you could practice? Reaching out to people, not so much mind reading but mind linking. Always seemed to be one of the easiest things for our people to do."

voidstars.png

IC:

As they entered the resturaunt area, Estelle caught sight of Wulf. An escape! She thought and quickly turned to her companions. "I'm going to say Hello to Wulf... I'll catch up with you later."

After she excused herself, she smiled and wave at Wulf. "Hello there!"

The three girls arrived in the women's locker room so that they could change into their normal clothing before setting out to get magical outfits.

Mrow? Mind linking? What does that do?

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

IC: Nicole reached into her collar, pulling out the locket. She opened it, looking at the picture of Irina within. "I did everything I could," she said. "I loved her, I loved her and I couldn't save her."

OOC:I know I've been talking about having a one-on-one between Nicole and a veteran, but I've got a feeling for the moment it might be a good idea to keep her away from the Mantis crew members, for obvious reasons.

IC:

Gaven, being tired of the water, strolled out of the pool area, trying to decide what to do next.

OOC:

If Anna and Ashley want to drag Gaven along, go ahead. It's not like I've got anything else to do.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC [Dorian]

"It's like a telepathic link, you can talk to them via your mind, and they to you. It'd probably also project me over the connection, so that'd be cool."

IC [The Computer]

"You did do all you could, why would you continue to blame yourself for things you could not do?"

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

"We need to change into our clothes! Can't go walking around in our swimsuits!" Ashley explained to Rehn, letting her go for the moment so she could retrieve her clothing from a locker.

That sounds like fun! I'm gonna try it. Ashley glanced between Anna and Rehn, she decided to try it on Anna, since she was certain that Rehn would freak out if she started hearing someone in her head.

Hey Anna! Can you 'hear' this? Testing testing 1..2..3! Ashley attempted to talk to Anna, reaching out with her mind.

IC [Dorian]

"...huh, usually I get a tingly feeling when you do something like that, not getting one. Lemme see..." Dorian concentrated, and it seemed that the two of them together was enough to pop through the barrier and into Anna's head. "Hey, I think it worked."

voidstars.png

-==IC: Anna==-

Anna was in the middle of removing her swimsuit, about to undo the straps, as she suddenly felt a big presence in her head, and turned around in confusion, unsure of exactly what just happened, as she heard an unfamiliar voice in her head, and blinked, tilting her head at Rehn, who had turned around.

"You okay?" Anna asked, not sure how exactly to react to the voice that she heard in her head.

... What's going on?? Anna thought, figuring that might help.

Edited by Tiz Arrior