RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

OOC: I finally understand the computer comment, and it's even funnier now. xD

Also, gotta love my timing, huh? =P

-==IC: Anna==-

"Nice to meet you, Ashley!" Anna said with a friendly smile to the catgirl, noticing her mood to have changed a lot from when Anna approached; and then turned her head back to Ojeda, as she nodded at the colonel.

"Sounds like a plan to me!" Anna said with a wide smile, though was confused at both Can and Ojeda's curious comments, but didn't question them, and instead looked over at Ashley.

"Do you want to swim as well?" Anna asked, as she seemed like she wished to have a friend, and Anna didn't want to just leave her alone if Ashley wished to talk instead.

Anna nodded at that.

"That makes sense." Anna said, as she smiled.

"I can see why you wouldn't want to swim, then." Anna said with a friendly chuckle, as she paused.

"Tell you what, I'll go for a quick swim, and be right back so we can talk more!" Anna said cheerfully, as she started to head toward the pool, not wanting to waste time, and jumped in. However, once she was in mid-air, the thing that Anna had really understood about Ashley's explanation finally occurred to her as well...

Anna really, really, really did not like water.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!"

"N-no, not really!!!" Anna said, as she was indeed panicking slightly, kicking out rapidly in random directions to try and not be in water. Anna wasn't having much luck, as in her blind panic, she was trying to reach the edge of the pool, but wasn't having much luck at all, as all she could really think about was her panic.

No no no no why did I do this?! Anna thought, fearing that she'd sink at any moment and... She didn't want to think about what would happen after that, and simply closed her eyes and struggled more.

Anna calmed down a bit as Ashley grabbed hold of her, but a look of panic was still on her face, as well as a bit of a guilty look, since she'd caused Ashley to have to go into the water after her, when she didn't like water either.

"I'm sorry..." Anna mumbled softly, as she tried to feebly kick off and at least make the trip to where the beach was easier, so that they both could get out of the water quickly.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"These new kids." Ojeda was resting on the side of the pool, watching the scene unfold. "When I was a recruit, they broke us, took our fears and made us face them. So slack nowadays."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Ashley

"It's fine...getting wet is no biggie." The reality of it was Ashley was trying to get out of the water as fast as possible, she hated it. It was one of the downsides to having cat instincts. Once they reached the shore and back on land Ashley let go of Anna and then shook herself to get as much water off of her as possible. Thankfully it didn't seem like she had any water in her ears, her tail was soaked though, she ran her hands through it to squeeze as much water as she could from the fur.

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [Dorian]

"You know," Dorian stood next to Ashley, eyebrow raised. "Not all cats dislike water. Some even like it. Your feline instincts sure are stereotypical."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Anna panted once she got back on land, and closed her eyes, shaking her head for a moment, as she got up, and walked over to where she had left her towel when she walked in, and then walked back as she dried herself off.

"Again, I'm so sorry, I should have thought that through more..." Anna said awkwardly to Ashley, as she smiled slightly, her face seeming a mix of emotions at that moment.

"I kinda feel the same as you, really, except... mine's more a fear." Anna admitted, as she scratched her head.

"I always want to know what it's like to be able to just swim normally without freaking out; but, every time I try, well, you saw what happened..." Anna said, brushing her currently loose hair behind her right ear.

OOC: xD

Edited by Tiz Arrior

Hey...I like showers just fine. I just don't like swimming. You know how irritating it is when these ears are full of water?

Ashley walked back to the lounge chair, grabbing her towel as she sat down and dried herself with it before turning toward Anna. "It's fine really, everyone has fears they need to deal with." Ashley wrapped the towel around herself once she was dry and leaned back on the lounge chair. So soft and fluffy!

IC: Estelle

The Major watched Ashley warily and, seeing that the appearance of the newcomer had returned the smile to her face, breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness that woman is gone." Estelle said as she looked over at Will. "I can't stand anyone that treats my crew like that."

IC [A counselor]

"Well, transfer order needs signing so I'd suggest in the mean time returning to your ship and doing your best not to assault any more crewmembers. Your Colonel should see you about it at some point."

voidstars.png

IC:
Gaven wandered over to where Wulf Kharon was standing, eating jerky. "You're Wulf Kharon, aren't you? ...can I have a piece of jerky?"

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Anna nodded, as she sighed in relief, and laid on one of the lounge chairs nearby.

"So, let's start over." Anna said with a mischievous smile, as she held her hand out to greet Ashley.

"Hi, I'm Anna, I'm an airhead sometimes."

IC: Nicole boarded the Kestrel with a mix of different feelings. She felt ashamed of her actions yet she also felt relief at being able to get away from the crowded pool hall. It was strange, she'd voiced her opposition to being transferred so frequently and yet now that she would likely be sent back to Earth she felt uncertain, almost as if part of her wanted to stay. All she could feel was confusion.

She wandered the mostly-empty halls of the ship. Here and there were members of the skeleton crew, working on repairs, refueling, resupplying, and anything else to get the ship ready for its departure. She ignored most of them and made her way to the lift, taking it up to the third level. As the doors opened, Nicole found herself in the crew's quarters, specifically the mess hall.

Since the place was empty, Nicole took a moment to look through the supply of drinks. Failing to find a bottle of Heineken as she hoped, she stepped into the bunk area. The place was empty, something that she found a relief, if only because it meant that it would not be crowded and there would be nobody she could cause harm to. She sat down on one bed, near a large window.

Nicole reached into her shirt, pulling out that distinct locket. She opened it and stared. She wondered, had things been different, perhaps if Irina had lived, where they might be now.

Finally, Nicole closed the locket and lay down on the bed, her mind filled with pain and guilt. A few tears poured from her eyes, and quietly she cried herself to sleep.

OOC: Just to clarify, the Kestrel is actually inside the Brasillia right? As opposed to being attached to the latter's outer hull with an airlock allowing passage between both?

OOC:

Actually, technically, he's sitting. But no harm done. :P

IC: [ Wulf Kharon ] - UFS(?) Brasilia / Pool #3

Wulf's analytical gaze flicked briefly over the looming mountain of living stone, measuring approximate height, weight, physical capability and potential threat level in the single practiced glance. Whatever conclusion he came to, went unannounced.

His features did not shift; his eyes remained flat and emotionless as ever.

"I am Wulf Kharon, yes. And if jerky is palatable to your kind, by all means have some..."

Still sitting comfortably on the coarse artificial sand, the big male human held up the three-pound package of meat and waved it slightly in the air, within easy reach of the big male Rockman.

IC: Geist, as usual, watched. It was something he had become all too content doing, though he was finding it was truly beginning to become beneficial. The various personalities assembled on the ship were truly something to take in, and the Engi was swiftly becoming comfortable with the idea of making acquaintances with them, if only to get a closer examination of how their minds worked. From a social point of view, as opposed to a scientific one. His gazed almost lazily crossed the "beach" as he considered his options.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

OOC:
Whoops. Thought he was walking.

IC:

Gaven sank to his knees besides Wulf, reaching his hand into the bag of jerky and taking a fistful. "So, why are you on the Kestrel, hm?" he asked.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: Nicole was back on the beach.Her long hair was let down and flowed swiftly in the cool breeze. "Quite the view isn't it?"

Nicole turned to see Irina, her raven hair blowing slightly in her face. Nicole smiled, a sense of happiness and relaxation coming over her. She reached out and took Irina's hand. However, her fist clenched over nothing but air. When she looked back, Irina was gone. Nicole looked around, desperate to find her friend, but there was no sign of her.

Finally, she found Irina, who lay in the sand, a massive hole through her chest. "Nicole," she said.

"It's alright," Nicole replied. "We're going to be fine." She reached out toward Irina, but she could not touch the woman. Some physical barrier seemed to keep her from touching Irina.

"Help me," Irina said, weakly and in pain. Nicole could only cry as she desperately tried to reach for her friend, constantly blocked by the invisible barrier.

Nicole opened her eyes. The locket still lay in full view a few inches from her face. She sat up in her bunk. She pulled up her legs, sitting in a fetal position. There was still nobody else around, she had no idea how much time had passed.

OOC: I guess if anyone can get to the Kestrel, Nicole is open to interaction, though the only one I immediately see being able to do that is Humva.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC

Not even me I'm afraid, Colonel's still at the pool. Guess you could go poke the Vendarians.

voidstars.png

OOC Vincent went back to cleaning on the Kestrel

IC Vincent

"Good Lord..." Vincent was looking at a bungled set of pipes. "What happened here?" If what he thought had happebed had happebed, then the air conditioning needed fixing. A lot of fixing. He'd have to get Devas or Rehn to help him on this one.

Anna smiled at that with a nod, and yawned, as she stretched out on the lounge chair.

"So, what do you do? Whether it be for fun, or, well, on the Kestrel?" Anna asked, curious about that, as she looked over at Ashley again.

IC:

"She really shouldn't be on the ship, any ship, just yet." The Weapons Officer replied, unusually series as he studied those still on the sand. His eyes had narrowed slightly at the doctor's outburst, and widened with Ashley's reaction. He had continued observing in silence through the subsequent events, making careful note of all the interactions that followed from that moment. "She's unstable. I probably would be too, if I'd been on Gaia. Earth was bad enough."

He paused, quickly moving on from the previous comment as if he'd not intended to voice it. "Nevertheless, she's hazardous. I think the Colonel will be getting a transfer request very soon."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

"Well, my official occupation on the Kestrel is fighter pilot. Though really most of the time I'm just trying to become friends with everyone on the ship to invoke the power of team spirit." Ashley shrugged.

"Though getting shot by mantis and having a man's consciousness put into my head have been sort of a setback, and I'm not allowed to fly my fighter till I'm all better!" Ashley exclaimed, not realising she was probably confusing Anna more than anything.

IC: Nicole remained still, crouched in a fetal position on that bed for several minutes. She could feel a slight hangover, not as bad as some but still not very comfortable. That came with drinking plenty of Heineken.

Reluctantly, she got to her feet, stumbling slightly before she slowly wandered toward the door.She stopped at the mess hall, unsure of where she was going to go now.

Anna nodded with a smile at the first part, including her idea of making friends with everyone. However, she looked at Ashley in puzzlement.

"A man's consciousness put in your head?" Anna asked, more curious than anything, as she thought for a moment.

"I don't think I'd want a man in my head, too much personal stuff, and... Things that should stay ladies-only." Anna said with a chuckle, totally missing the point.

IC: Estelle

"I hope you're right, Will." She said softly, looking at the other Major.

"Anyway... What shall we do now?" She asked him curiously, her tone however making it clear she wanted to change subjects.

IC [Dorian]

"I don't know if I should feel offended or amused. I'm a very healthy presence for you, my snark meters out your sheer cheerfulness, and I also grant you the ability to psionically blast people across the room."

voidstars.png

Ashley blushed, Dorian did have access to all her memories...and vica-versa. "Yeah I can't say I was particularly thrilled about it. But apparently the Terran Intelligence Agency has psionic humans that are capable of copying someone's consciousness into another person's head from countless light years away. And they picked me to carry this consciousness because I have psionic potential..." Ashley sighed, "It's a long story."

Blasting people across the room is not nice! D:

"Well, hopefully you and your consciousness get along at least." Anna said with a chuckle, as she thought for a moment.

"Sounds like a lot to handle, but it also sounds like you're amazing for getting through it!" Anna said with a wide smile, not sure she'd like the thought of someone being in her head or not.

"Yeah we get along okay...thought at first it was kind terrifying and dramatic, and I passed out at least once, and then our memories merged and we know everything about each other, and now he looks like me...and I can levitate stuff...and and..yeah." Ashley took a breath. "It's kind of freaky."

Anna raised an eyebrow, but wasn't freaked out herself.

"That sounds like it was an interesting experience at the least." Anna said with a reassuring smile; she knew she couldn't have handled any of that, she would've been freaked out to the extreme, but that was rather awe-inspiring that the cat-girl pilot had gone through all that, and still seemed to be rather fine.

"Levitate stuff, though?" Anna asked, curious again in an excited way, as a wide grin appeared on her face, not sure what that would have been like.