RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC: [ Wulf Kharon ] - UFS Kestrel / Deck 3 / Mess hall

Wulf Kharon, privateer, ambled over and quietly joined the group of Kestrel crewmen that were preparing to disembark and seek out a bit of 'R&R' aboard the Brasilia. He didn't say anything, didn't do anything to draw attention to himself; but where his teammates went, Wulf would go also.

OOC:

For purposes of plot and description, just assume Wulf's with you. I'm not posting much, due to real life and such, but I'm still here and actively tracking this RPG's progress, so... when duty calls or opportunity comes knocking, I'll definitely answer, but mebbe not so much if it (they) doesn't (don't). :P

OOC:

For purposes of plot and description, just assume Wulf's with you. I'm not posting much, due to real life and such, but I'm still here and actively tracking this RPG's progress, so... when duty calls or opportunity comes knocking, I'll definitely answer, but mebbe not so much if it (they) doesn't (don't). :P

OOC: I assume you're talking to the other group that isn't already on the Brasillia as opposed to the two of us that are. I seem to recall mention of an Engi (GOTTA MOVE THAT GEAR UP! :P I don't know how many people will get the joke but that was totally necessary) being in the mess hall here as well but we haven't heard anything from him. Still, I don't think it would be too hard for both groups to meet.

IC:

"I wouldn't recommend breaking anything, even if you could." Daniels commented to Errogaven offhandedly, rising from his seat with mug still in hand. He took a long sip as he surveyed the assembled crewmembers, recalling to mind what he knew of them. Frankly, if ever a group would have caused trouble on the Brasilia, it was this one. A Mantis, a Rockman, a former pirate, and a few other disparate people of varying species. Though he'd never admit such, he had his fingers crossed that it didn't somehow turn violent.

"With this group, Major, I don't think we need to get into trouble. It'll find us." He observed dryly, taking another sip. "Well, I suppose we should get going. R&R awaits."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: I'm just curious, you talk about R&R, is there something that the Brasillia has that isn't on the Kestrel that would make it more enjoyable? Or is the idea just to provide a change of scenery for the crew?

IC: "I guess we'd better get going then," Nicole said. She began to wander towards the door, stepping outside into the adjacent corridor.

OOC

Well I mean, it's seven hundred meters in length and hundred and sixty in height and width, crew of ten thousand... it's a really big ship, with all the amenities you need to keep a crew that size from going space happy. Even got civilian businesses onboard. Restaurants, observation decks, recreation rooms, even got a ship pool and a ship merchandise store. Compare this to the Kestrel, which is just sorta... smaller.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC
Methinks everyone's already on their way or getting ready to, actually.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC

Well I mean, it's seven hundred meters in length and hundred and sixty in height and width, crew of ten thousand... it's a really big ship, with all the amenities you need to keep a crew that size from going space happy. Even got civilian businesses onboard. Restaurants, observation decks, recreation rooms, even got a ship pool and a ship merchandise store. Compare this to the Kestrel, which is just sorta... smaller.

OOC: Why didn't you say so sooner? I could have had Nicole visit a restaurant instead of hanging out in the crew's mess hall? I also wonder if she could make use of a swimming pool.

Okay, I guess I'd better get things started with the inevitable meeting that is about to take place.

IC: As Nicole followed Vincent toward the airlock, they were surprised to find a group of crew members coming aboard. Most of them were strangers she had never seen before. She stopped in surprise. "Hello?" She said. "You're from the Krestrel right?"

IC: Estelle

"I do suppose you are right. We look like a set up to a horrible joke." The pink haired Major said with a slight chuckle as she began walking out into the hall.

"We must be well behaved, I suppose. Try our best to make the Colonel proud."

IC: Nicole took note of the party. Among them was the pink-haired officer she remembered seeing with Ashley back in the medbay. No doubt she remembered her. Nicole could only hope she hadn't seen Ashley yet, and thus wouldn't have known about her desertion*.

"Hey,' she said as she nervously approached. "I guess you've got work to do here?"

OOC:

*I'm not sure if it technically counts, as Nicole was only ordered to bring Ashley to the hospital, but from her perspective she might be concerned that it would be considered such by others.

IC:
"I get the horrible feeling I'd be the butt of that joke..." Errogaven interjected before seeing Nicole. "Oh, hey, Nicole."

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC:
Is it just me, or was that post posted way back at the beginning of the RPG?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC
History repeats itself.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"No, but you wanted to, so that means I want to. Sit down, speak your mind." The Colonel collapsed a screen into her desk, turning to Rehn with her fingers crossed.

voidstars.png

IC: Ashley

After what seemed like forever, Ashley finally made it to the group. To her delight Estelle was there! But so was Nicole...Ashley still couldn't understand why her doctor had abandoned her like that. I don't think she likes me. :c

"Hey Major, other Major, Mr. Pirate, Mr. Rockman, Ms. Mantis, other people.....doctor."

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Okay, we seem to be jumping around here.I got the impression that the other group was approaching the airlock as was Nicole and Vincent, so I had them meeting up, and now they're in the mess hall. It might be good just to get a firm understanding of where we are.

IC: Nicole turned in surprise to see her former patient Ashley. Somewhat confused, Nicole stared in surprise momentarily. She felt a strong sense of unease at the encounter, especially having deserted this patient. "Hello," Nicole muttered shyly.

OOC: The impression I was under was that Nicole and Vincent were leaving the mess hall and meeting the others at the airlock. Then again I was also under the assumption at first there was more than one mess hall so I'm not sure how reliable a source I of information I am regarding the layout of this ship (though it's possible that I just confused a mess hall with an "Officer's Club")

IC: Nicole looked around uncertainly. The area was starting to get crowded, much to her discomfort, She leaned against a wall near a door, hoping to take the first opportunity to use it. She had to take a breath before addressing Ashley. "How are you doing?" She asked. "Were they able to do anything about the man in your head?'

IC (Ameli)

Ameli, still wearing the surgical mask was heading back to her office at the quickest pace she could politely manage. She had no wish to be gawked at by any other crew members, though they might not seen much strange about it. That thought gave her pause for a brief moment...before they picked up the pace. They might not, but she most certainly would.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Ameli, by the most ironic coincidence possible, crossed paths with Can on her way to her office; Can had just returned from the Brasilia and was headed towards his quarters. Knowing that the Colonel's decisions could be second-guessed by her superiors, and that the entirety of the Space Force wasn't set against him, seemed to have lifted his spirits slightly. Without really noticing her, Can gave Ameli a polite yet impersonal nod on the way to his quarters. He hadn't actually processed that, as a Vendarian, Ameli was probably considering a summary execution for him; his mind was clearly elsewhere.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Well, don't just sit there, spit it out."

voidstars.png

IC (Ameli)

Ameli ignored her fellow crew member, her mind far too preoccupied with her barefaced status, the fact she’d left her data slates behind and finally, the fact that there might be some insidious slow acting toxin in the fumes that was slowly killing her. That particular fact had just started hitting her and she made a silent vow to report back to the medbay for an intensive checkup on that possibility. As Can approached, her only visible reaction was a slight alteration to her path, so as to avoid physical contact of any sort. She had more important things to worry about then a washed-up would be slaver.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Can couldn't help but notice the Vendarian veer away from him. For a moment, he was struck with a childish impulse to breathe directly at her face. Her reaction to that would probably be hilarious. And, being a political officer, it would probably land him a bullet in the gut for assault, or at the very least a dishonorable discharge for "disorderly conduct to a superior"

A superior in a service whose chain of command he wasn't part of, members of a fascist government that had no right to rule its own people and were easily worse than the slavers they claimed to hate?

Can's mind wandered back to whether or not he was bound for a dishonorable discharge with thoughts like that. At least she wasn't a telepath.

Knowing his luck, she probably was.

It was at that point that Can realized he'd gone far past her and had reached his quarters. The ship seemed deserted with so many of the crew aboard the Brasilia. Which immediately struck Can as ridiculous. If the fleet was attacked, both the Kestrel and the Brasilia would be hampered in their jobs until they could get their crews sorted out and separate. The Colonel should have set up a strict rotation of no more than three officers off the ship at once. Realizing how badly this could end, Can pulled up the teleporter's software on his computer and quickly wrote retrieval solutions for each officer who wasn't on the Kestrel, then made a program that would obviously retrieve them in order of rank, even if no one was manning the teleporter.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: As soon as Ashley's back was turned, Nicole backed away towards the nearest adjacent corridor. As soon as she reached it, she turned around and began to walk down it. She felt bad having to leave her patient again, though she was simultaneously relieved to know that she seemed to be alright, and also glad to be rid of the crowd that was building up. She found herself at another lift, stepping inside. She hit a random button, the door shut behind her and she waited as it moved, not sure where she would end up this time.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Uh-huh. Well, always did look it, I wondered from time to time. Any particular reason you lied? Personal identity problems or what?"

voidstars.png

Ic:

"Yes.... Back in my home world, females are little more than what you'd call currency... They don't have anything. They're just... Traded about. I always pretended to be a male to escape this... And when I left, I thought that everyone was like this..."

After saying the last part, her face turned a deeper red, even more embarrassed about the whole thing.

IC: Nicole stepped off the lift nervously, looking around. This area seemed a bit more elegant in nature compared to the crew quarters she had visited earlier. There were numerous people present but most of them were sparse enough so as to not overwhelm Nicole. She found a variety of shops, along with a bar. That was all exciting enough in itself. Then she found a door with the label of "swimming pool" and decided to go inside.

As expected, Nicole found a fairly large swimming pool, certainly not what she would normally expect to find on a spaceship even of this size. She wondered why nobody mentioned this when the announcement of R&R was first made, but hastily she began to take off her uniform, leaving it in a small heap on the ground before she jumped in.

OOC: Well, I figured somebody should do something with these fancy elements of the ship. Everybody else is just going to the crew's mess hall when there's restaurants and shops and a friggin' swimming pool on board. I wouldn't mind visiting the observation decks later either since they sound like something a lot more interesting than on the Kestrel. (I could see the Kestrel having a small observation deck of some sort, though it would probably be smaller and more for navigational purposes).

IC - Kelezaag:

Kelezaag followed the others aboard the Brasilia, keeping a wary eye on her surroundings. As her legs clicked on the metal floors, everyone turned to look at the source of the noise, especially those to whom it was familiar. Many stared as the Mantis passed, others turned and walked away, and still others looked on the verge of having a nervous breakdown, her unexpected appearance and close proximity likely churning up terrible memories. She knew how to pick her battles; she kept her eyes fixed directly ahead, not returning any stares, and doing her best not to seem at all menacing. She wasn't afraid, but she was definitely cautious; a ship with thousands of armed xenophobes on-board wasn't a place for a single Mantis to go around picking a fight. She could have stayed on the Kestrel, of course, but it was the principle of the thing. She wasn't going to miss out on any luxury that the rest of the crew would get to experience just because some humans were in her way.

IC - Brasilia crewman:

Witnessing the boarding of a Mantis, a member of the Brasilia's crew turned and walked away, seeking to go anywhere but that hallway. He had no idea what could be wrong with the crew of that ship, serving with one of those disgusting beasts. He ended up outside the pool, and figured he would take a dip, so he pulled open the door and walked in. Seeing another Kestrel crew member tearing off her uniform and jumping into the pool in her skivvies, he turned 180 degrees on his heel, pulled open the door and walked out.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Bloody colonists. Well, no, Confederacy isn't like that, and the League isn't suppose to be like that, though whole lot of good those folks do about the slave trade. If you feel uncomfortable about this now, I'll make the necessary modifications to your crew profile."

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

IC:
Gaven dropped back to walk beside Kelezaag, curious about something. "So, Kelezaag, is it? Can I ask you a question?" he asked.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"What else is there to do? I'll update your profile, computer will print a properly fitted uniform, you'll move along."

voidstars.png