RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC:

Can clearly hadn't practiced in some time, and when he had done underwater wrestling, it had been at three-quarters gravity. He started with a running jump into the pool, then tucked into a ball, rolling forward in midair; in scored events, this entry was required, as it disoriented the players and made the start of a match more interesting. Can, however, overestimated his hangtime, and hit the water with his back down rather than his feet down. A half-second of recovery was all he needed, and, rebreather in his mouth, he sunk just below the level of the water, covering the Colonel's right.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC [Dorian]

"I feel as though this is an invasion of personal space, though admittedly that was my job before I got stuck in your head." Dorian walked over to the resting Au and uneventfully gave a good poke to the arm.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC:

Don't ask me how a being made of rock floats. I don't know myself. (And yes, I do know some rock floats, but given how heavy Rocks are, I doubt they are made of pumice.)

OOC: Wait, if you don't know than why did you decide to throw it in? It's kind of a weird biological quirk that just seemed to come out of nowhere. Then again the whole concept of a living creature made of rock is bizarre in itself. There might be creatures that can make themselves look like rock or blend in with rock but literally being composed of rock is a whole other matter.

It's called humor. Not everything has to have a direct explanation.

IC:
Gaven looked at Geburah. "Probably a good idea. I'm honestly not sure how I am myself. It is fun, though!" Gaven lay on his back, arms crossed behind his head, still mysteriously floating in the water.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

I'm honestly not sure how I am myself. It is fun, though!" Gaven lay on his back, arms crossed behind his head, still mysteriously floating in the water.

OOC: Wow, an intelligent spacefaring race and they never thought to study their own anatomy? Or none of them ever fell into water and thus figured out they could float before now?

IC: Nicole was momentarily startled by the sight of the woman in the unfitting uniform seemingly shaking for a second, as though they had been startled by something slight like being poked.

OOC
Alternatively, Gaven, who is exceedingly young by Rockman standards and even by human standards, as well as being hired muscle and not really defined as the most intelligent, simply does not know the reason why. Who knows, maybe he grew up in one of the migrant fleets and just never received that great of an education.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Estelle

Estelle raised an eyebrow as Can jumped into the water with the Colonel. "It's seems," she said whispering into Will's ear, "that it is two against two now... I don't think going into the water would be such a good idea. We can lure her out maybe. But we need to have weapons. I suggest either water guns or water balloons... Or both."

IC:

"I agree. That'd be the wise thing." Daniels observed, watching their opponents through the waters. Both Can and Ojeda were perched at the bottom, and neither looked to be about to move. "We could probably lure Skinter out, manipulate his honor or sensibilities. Ojeda's another matter."

"What do you think?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC [Dorian]

"You want to get involved in this? I want to get involved in this. Gotta be subtle, gotta be careful, but I think I have a gameplan." Dorian was scouting the location around the Majors. "It involves nudging, bumping, and some tripping. All the things you're not suppose to do around water, basically."

voidstars.png

IC [Dorian]

"Well, first things first, seed chaos in the ranks." Dorian was trying to figure out how to slip Daniels' rebreather out of his hand but wasn't coming up with much. "I guess there's the subtle approach but then there's just the obvious push them in, which... concentrate for a moment and..." With a good shove, the senior-most Major went flopping forward and face first into the water.

voidstars.png

OOC:
No idea who is more senior, so I'm not naming names.

IC:
Gaven was relaxing, floating just under the waterline, only his head above the water, when he felt someone fall on top of him. "Hey! People are drifting here!"

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: Nicole turned toward the pool. Things had already seemed exciting to her crewmates, but now it just seemed chaotic. Some pushing and shoving was going on, and the officers seemed extremely confused. The confusion only left Nicole extremely puzzled about what could have caused it. Nervously she walked toward the pool, stopping at the edge.

IC:

"I mean, maybe we co-"

The Major didn't get to say anymore as an unseen force shoved him from behind, sending him tumbling into the water. Impact was an ungraceful, wet affair, landing more of less front-first in the water, and initially, sinking rapidly. The water was crisp, and just warm enough to be pleasant. He allowed himself to sink until his buoyancy kicked in and started to bring him to the surface, suddenly kicking graceful and ascending to the surface straight as an arrow, breaking the water easily and blinking the water out of his eyes. He easily kept his position at the surface, treading water easily.

"Well, that was interesting."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"I'm great. This is easier water than most of what I grew up swimming in." The Weapons Officer replied, leaning back into an easy back float, resting contentedly. "I grew up swimming in coastal waters, and swimming pools when it was too cold. This is easy. Though I'm not sure how I got in here."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Hmmm. You know, there was only one person standing near me. And she did threaten a water war." The Major watched Estelle lazily, smiling slightly. He splashed her slightly with one hand. "Or maybe it was a slug. Who knows?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC [Dorian]

"Our victim is completely unaware. Zoning in on the next." Dorian popped up next to Nicole and, with a good bump, sent her in too. "Just too easy, if you ask me."

voidstars.png

IC: Nicole could barely react as an unseen perpetrate struck her from behind. Before she had time to speak she fell over the wall and landed headfirst in the water. Panic struck her at that exact moment. She saw her locket sliding off her neck, but caught it before it could sink out of her reach. A moment later she had managed to orient herself and swam towards the surface. As her head poked through the water she took a deep breath in, and swam towards the wall, putting her arms on as she tried to understand what just happened.

IC Geburah

"There is no record pertaining to slugs and telekinesis in any of the documents in my clearance level..." Geburah was still looking for evidence that Slugs were telekinetic on his PDA when he got splashed by the splash from Major Daniel's unceremonious descent into the pool. He paused, then slowly shifted his chair away from the edge of the pool.

Once he was sure he was safe from getting further splashed, Geburah took a break from his PDA. His hand grabbed from the floor a bottle of a liquid meant for human consumption-they called it beer, didn't they. Ah, yes, he had seen it before; he just never had any. Taking the bottle, he opened it and cautiously absorbed its energy.

"... Humans have most strange palates."

IC: Nicole rested a moment as she came to her senses, she looked around at the chaos elsewhere before working her way toward the ladder, climbing out of the pool as fast as she could. "What is going on," she muttered as soon as she stepped on deck, dripping.

IC [Dorian]

"Just take deep breaths. Think of calming thoughts." Dorian popped back over to Ashley, laying down. "What's next?"

voidstars.png

IC: The locket was clenched tightly in her fist, Nicole began to release her grip and put it back around her neck. After briefly opening it to make sure no damage was done, she turned to look around. That was when she noticed across the pool was her old patient, the cat-girl laughing and apparently chatting with an unseen individual. Nicole remembered that Ashley had a man in her brain somehow. She couldn't immediately think of any other explanation beyond that perhaps this had something to do with what happened to her; why objects were floating around and chaos was ensuing.

Nicole began to walk around the pool. Her face was blank of emotion, just determination to put a stop to whatever was happening.She walked past other members of the crew, and without much thought she walked around the end to get to the far side. She noticed Ashley, still giggling.

Nicole hesitated for a moment. "There isn't any other explanation," she thought. Reluctantly, she ran up to Ashley, grabbing her by what little clothes she was wearing. "WHAT THE !@#$% IS GOING ON!" She shouted. "IS THIS ABOUT THAT MAN IN YOUR HEAD! YOU TOLD ME IT WAS FINE! YOU LIED TO ME! YOU LIED TO ME!"

After a heated rant, Nicole became silent. She breathed heavily, a few tears emerged from her eyes, unsure if she had done the right thing.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

The Colonel surfaced, the shouting echoing down through the water, though so garbled she couldn't quite tell what was going on, other than the doctor currently attempting to lift Ashley up by her straps. While she pulled herself out of the pool to go break the two apart, in Ashley's head, something more... primal, activated. Dorian's projection sprung up, though at that exact moment, it was hard to tell if it was Dorian, Ashley, or both of them in conjuction, willing things to happen.. Regardless of who, the end result was the same; a psionic scream of GET OFF, and Nicole pushed off, tumbling to the ground as an invisible force separated her from Ashley.

"Doctor!" The Colonel looked at the two of them; she always knew Ashley hid a lot of muscle under that frame, but didn't think she could actually push a full grown woman off of her. "Christ woman, what are you doing?"

voidstars.png

IC:

Can stood up in the pool, having surfaced just before Nicole's outburst; the rebreather fell from his mouth comically. How did someone like her get through the academy? Was his first thought, as he raised his eyebrows, flat out staring at the doctor.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"No reason to go assaulting the woman. The Ambassador warned me that you might be a bit unstable but I assumed it was just some shock from your time on the slaver ship." The Colonel grimaced. "Go, grab your things, get dressed, report to the Brasilia's counselor office. Get checked out and tell them to contact me with the results. Assaulting a fellow crewmember... woman, you have problems, and if they're severe enough to cause you to go space happy after a bit of odd ribbing, then you're not going be putting my crew at risk."

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

IC:

Nervously, Can stepped through the water towards the edge of the pool, where his uniform and gear, including his sword, were stacked. With one hand on the hilt of the sword, he pulled himself out of the water, never looking away from Nicole.

-Rover

IC:

She's got this handled, Sophie Chastain thought, wearing a tank top under a coat with a high collar that framed her face. Good. All the better. Christ, you couldn't pay for something better to watch.

She rustled a bag of popcorn in her hand and popped a piece or two, holding the bag out to Rehn on her left.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Nicole nodded. Her eyes watering slightly. "Yes ma'am," she replied.

Her uniform crumpled, and her hair still slightly damp, Nicole wandered along the corridor. Though she was not proud of her actions, she did feel some relief in getting away from the crowded pool room. At last, she found the office with the label reading "Counselor". She opened the door and stepped inside. "I'm Dr. Nicole Sarany from the Kestrel," she said nervously. "I was supposed to see the ship's counselor."

OOC: Okay, before I do too much here, I'm assuming Humva has a character to fill the role of the counselor for this interaction, right?

IC: Ashley

Her sunglasses had long since fallen off her face, Ashley panted heavily, still quite alarmed from the unexpected assault and screaming in her face. She wasn't sure what had just happened.

Did I just...do that... Ashley's face was visibly paler than usual, mostly from the crazy lady screaming at her and pulling her by her straps, who does that?

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [A counselor]

"Yeah, come on in." One of the cubical doors slid open, leaving a middle aged man in a coat. Apparently it was the graveyard shift for the counselor office, and this man was holding the ship down. "What are you here for?"

[Colonel Ojeda]

"Well, that happened. Psychotic breakdown. I am curious, though. Odd telekinesis, and none of our slugs have taken responsibility, while you seem to have screamed without opening your mouth, Ashley." The Colonel raised an eyebrow. "Can't be a skeptic forever; regardless of this man in your head, you seem to be gifted now."

[Dorian]

"I think... I think we did, yeah."

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

IC:

"Would someone please explain to me." Can began. "Why Ashley seems to be psychic? And anything else that's relevant, please?" Can sounded an odd mix of exasperated and calm; it was clear he was trying to avoid upsetting Ashley by yelling.

-Rover