RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

The Colonel continued to watch the tablet, a little icon in the corner notifying her that Walker was soon to walk down the corridor. Ojeda popped out of the little inner-area, looking at the approaching Major, and then the group of cadets a bit further away watching her intently.

"Well Walker," she commented, glancing at the Major's feet, "at least if we get boarded, I know whose locker to raid for weapons."

IC [Dorian]

"Yes but this is the modern day, we can just... print things out. Well, I guess it's more of a sewing thing with clothes, but still! Custom fit, custom design, the possibilities are endless."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [Dorian]

"Yes, we shop and customize, it's still coming out of your paycheck, it's just you have a lot of liberty as to, you know, the exact attire."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [Dorian]

"Considering that I seem to mimic whatever self-projection of yourself you have at the moment yeah probably."

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"No worries Walker, I won't disturb you and Daniel's time together. Think of me as the mother you gets you the discount and the booze. The rest is up to you." The Colonel stopped and thought about that for a moment. "Christ, I am old enough to be your mother. Thankfully I have Daniels around to make me feel less mid-lifey."

voidstars.png

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Wait, Daniels, you're not forty?" The Colonel looked at her tablet, hitting a few icons. "...Huh. Well, come along children, let's go get drunk and start a fight at the grill."

voidstars.png

IC:

Gaven stood by carefully, both hoping they'd actually notice him, and hoping they wouldn't, so he could get out of whatever possibly sinister plans they had.

OOC:

Humva, would there be an armory on the Brasilia where Gaven could requisition some incendiary grenades?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC

Yeah but they aren't going give them to him, need to be a command officer or the security officer.

IC [The Computer]

A nearby console beeped, drawing Nicole's attention. "Doctor Sarany, I'm noticing elevated blood pressure and various other signs of stress, possibly depression, would you like to talk about it? I just educated myself psychiatric care, as well as the events of recent Earth history, so as to understand your crisis better."

voidstars.png

IC - Kelezaag:

"Money, of course," Kelezaag replied. "The Kriggtnaft clan is neutral in this war, so why not?"

There was also the fact that, if the humans won, her clan would be able to subjugate the other clans weakened by the war, but she didn't think mentioning that would improve the public opinion of the Mantis. Not that she cared, she just still didn't care to be lynched.

She exited the pool area. She would have followed the women, but she doubted the Belter would get in a dress, anyway. Moments later, an unfortunate Brasilia crewman would be stopped by a Mantis to ask for directions to the nearest Chinese joint.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

IC: Nicole looked around in confusion, listening to the thin, monotone mechanical voice. "What's going on?" She asked. "Is this some kind of joke. Whoever you are your HAL 9000 impression is terrible."

Nicole turned toward Vincent, who she though might not have gotten the reference. "It was an old movie," she explained. "There was a computer that malfunctioned and tried to kill everyone."

IC [The Computer]

"Doctor Sarany, when this ship left drydock someone decided to load the datacore with a disproportional amount of 20th and 21st century media. I am well versed in any pop culture you can throw at me, from that era. I am of reasonable proficiency with 22nd century works as well."

voidstars.png

IC:

Can decided he'd had enough, and, years of training kicking in, he quickly broke Anna's hold on his arm and turned it around on her, pushing her over slightly; the hold wasn't from any particular martial art, just one of the dozens that they had drilled into him in his personal combat training, which was easily the most substantial of anyone in the crew save possibly Harken. "Not interested." Can quipped before letting go of her, causing her to stumble before she could recover. As if nothing had happened, Can stepped over to his uniform and quickly put it on; he was about to head out to the grill that the other officers had mentioned when he realized something; Estelle and Daniels were both missing. It didn't take much time for him to put together what happened.

"So, anyone up for that sushi run?"

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: "Alright then," Nicole muttered. "We have a sentient computer. Next thing I know I'm probably going to be running around the ship chasing an alien that looks like a beach ball and teaching a bomb philosophy; it was a weird 20th century movie. They had a bunch of them at the hospital."

OOC: Bonus points to anyone who has actually seen the movie Nicole references in this line.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC [The Computer]

"I prefer to think of myself as sapient, though our security chief rather dislikes that. So, based on the feed transfer order I just received, you assaulted a fellow crewmember? As a doctor, you should know the recipe for some medicine to help with your anger. Traditional therapy is also advisable."

IC [Dorian]

"Sheesh, the Belter sure is jumpy today. I'd go poke him but I don't think that'd end well for the two of us."

voidstars.png

-==IC: Anna==-

Anna blinked, losing her hold on the rockman as well in the process.

"... What just happened?" Anna asked, and then frowned.

"Does that got not like us or something..." Anna asked, finding that a rather mean way of saying no.

OOC: SOmehow I expected that, though. =P

IC: "That makes sense," Nicole replied, still looking around, somewhat startled by the computer's voice. "Unfortunately I don't have any of the medication with me, and I don't suppose you where I can find a psychologist without leaving the ship?"

IC [The Computer]

"Well, that's for the future Doctor, not exactly in the present moment. I am confident you can survive a few hours without another breakdown, and if you are not so confident, I can request some medication be printed for you."

IC [Dorian]

"Blah, he has no appreciation of modern fashion, let the Belter go. Hey Ashley, you know what we should work on? Projection. Be able to project my image, telepathically. Make things so much easier."

voidstars.png

IC [Dorian]

"Yes, that's what it means. Also, for all our personality merging, it seems I've gotten the short end of the stick there. Where's my snark rubbing off on you? My expansive collection of curses from a dozen different languages?"

voidstars.png

IC

The colonel is coming along...? Estelle thought to herself as she followed behind her commanding officer. She guessed that Will had invited her to join them there, feeling like she had been smacked across the face when she realized that her "date" wasn't a date at all.

But here she was, in her little black dress and on a "date" with a fellow Major and her commanding officer.... Great.

IC [Dorian]

"Wait, wait, just felt a great disturbance... huh, must be nothing, thought something popped up on the passive empathy thingy." Dorian did seem interested, though. "Wasn't aware we could or were doing that, actually. Weird, but cool. Passive scan of the surroundings."

IC [The Computer]

"Everything that was recorded, as well as your recounting of it."

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

IC:

"I don't have any particular problem with you." Can said, having dressed and returned to Anna. "But I already said no. Learn to listen, soldier." Can paused for a moment. "I missed your introduction. Name, Rank, and Specialty?"

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

-==IC: Anna==-

"Anna Treison, spaceman, Gunner." Anna said, as she had actually received that rank prior to getting her assignment. She did, however, wonder why it was 'spaceman', but was definitely not going to voice that thought.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

IC Vincent

"The computers aren't supposed to be sapient. And yes, I have seen 2001." Vincent was worried, not so much about the possibility of the computer going rogue, but the fact that it was sapient at all. "Computer," Vincent asked, "Given the lack of commissioned officers currently on duty, are you in command of this vessel?"

IC:

Major Daniels wasn't psychic. Very, very far from it. Nevertheless, he could practically feel a sudden tension, and a hint of annoyance. He regarded the situation silently while Estelle and the Colonel conversed, attempting to make sense of what was going on. First of all, the Flight Commander had returned... In a dress. A very, very pretty one, but a dress. That was definitely important in this. Second, the Colonel had mentioned not getting in their way. The Weapons Officer regarded the other two thoughtfully, working through what he knew and realizing...'

Oh. That makes sense. Ohhhhhh. That explains so much here.

"Welcome back, Estelle." He finally spoke up, smiling. "You look great, though admittedly I now feel quite under dressed. The Colonel offered to get a rank discount at the grill, though I'm rather sure that she'll manage to embroil us all in a drunken brawl. But hey, not our ship, not our problem."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC

This is absolutely humiliating. She thought to herself as she forced a small smille when William complimented her. She had apparently been the only one that had thought this was a date.

"Thank you... And thank you, Colonel, for the discount." She said softly, trying to avoid making eye contact with Will as much as possible.

Maybe... When we get to the bar, after I have a drink, I can say I don't feel well.. Then I can just go back to my room and pretend this never happened.

OOC

Rank of spaceman, she'd have been given it long before she was assigned to the Kestrel.

IC [The Computer]

"Lt. Colonel Chastain returned to ship some time ago, she is in command. It is also worth noting that your vocabulary of 'commissioned officer,' means any officer, of which I currently count five on board, including the good doctor. Perhaps you are referring to command officers?" Then the attention turned to Nicole. "Everything you have said Doctor Sarany."

voidstars.png

IC: [ Wulf Kharon ] - UFS(?) Brasilia / place of eating

Tossing his now-empty bag of jerky into a nearby garbage disposal unit, Wulf Kharon wandered out of the pool room and through the winding utilitarian hallways with no particular goal in mind. After a time, he found himself nearing a place that smelled like food; grease, salt, savory calories. A sort of restaurant area, no doubt.

He drew breath deeply, tawny eyes gleaming as he tested the wind in a distinctly predatory fashion.

Maybe he'd grab a cheeseburger. With fries.

OOC:

I think I vaguely recall the Colonel telling her crew to 'stick together'... ha ha, as if. I love this game. :P

If anyone wants to notice Mr. Kharon and pull him into their group, that'd be great; if not, that's fine too.

IC: Ashley

Ashley looked at Rehn, smiling. "I don't think we've ever properly met, I'm sure I've seen you around the ship though. I'm Ashley." Ashley was still wondered how she'd mistaken Rehn for a guy before, but she didn't worry about it.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar