RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC [Dorian]

"Oh come on, it's fun." Now their tails had synced up. "No harm to it."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [Dorian]

Empathy was still a thing, and so connected as Ashley and Rehn were right now, Rehn's general thoughts and feelings had come to Dorian. Appearing next to Ashley, he began to say something, but then noticed Rehn's new state. "See? Great minds think alike."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [Dorian]

"Sigh, you make this so difficult." Exercising his own control (abet more limited), a mirror popped up next to Rehn. "I think the style looks good on you myself."

voidstars.png

IC:

"..." Will stared at her for a moment, then gave a long, quiet chuckle. As it slowed, he raised a hand as if to ward off a remark. "Please don't misunderstand, I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at myself, because I'm pretty easy to impress. I spend my time either working on weapons, looking at paperwork, or amusing myself with old science fiction. Nor did you really need to worry about impressing me; You're pretty impressive as is."

"Besides, I never had any doubts that you could be feminine."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Ic:

Rehn's eyes went wide when she saw that her regular ears were gone, replaced by cat ears atop her head, and her tailbone had sprouted a tail that came out beneath her dress. Rehn blushed at Ashley's comment, her feelings of affection and slight embarrassment bleeding into the dream...

"Ooh... I do kinda like this..." She said as she examined herself, "but uh... How do I control these..?"

Edited by First Son Jiyu

IC [Dorian]

"I suddenly am struck by the fact that we are in a dream, sitting/laying on a sea of yarn, and all are now catgirls." Dorian seemed to have a moment of self-consciousness, and briefly pondered his place in the universe, before returning back to reality. "Well, don't worry, the tail takes some getting use to but it's pretty quick to pick up."

voidstars.png

IC [Dorian]

A startled gunner appeared in the dream, Dorian raising an eyebrow. "Welcome, don't be disturbed by having suddenly grown cat ears and tails, this will all make so much more sense in the morning. If you remember anything, which there's a chance you won't because this is still all a dream."

voidstars.png

-==IC: Anna==-

Anna blinked, as she opened her eyes, and noticed Dorian and Ashley staring at her, and then looked and saw Rehn nearby. And then noticed the yarn.

"Oh hi, when'd the room get flooded with yarn?" Anna yawned, before pausing and realizing that Rehn now had ears and a tail, and wondered what exactly was happening, having missed the dream memo. Of course, Dorian then explained it, and she nodded slowly, and paused.

"WAit, what do you..." Anna paused, as she looked behind her, and saw the tail, and then reached up and felt her new ears.

"Huh. Well this is new." Anna said, subtly amused.

/EDIT: OOC: Ninja. =P

Edited by Tiz Arrior

IC [Dorian]

"We are but figments of your psyche, here to show you your true self. I'm your violence, Ashley's your ditsiness, and Rehn's your childhood naivety." Dorian's snark seemed to be making a comeback.

voidstars.png

Anna nodded intently at what Dorian said. the problem with what he said, is that it was more or less true, for the most part. Then Ashley spoke up, and Anna smiled at her.

"Hi there! ... Though, where is here??" Anna asked sheepishly.

IC: As Nicole waited for a response, she closed the locket, letting it fall toward her. She looked around the cargo hold. It was remarkably spacious, even with all the lines of boxes and crates. The contents were beyond her, probably provisions and weapons and other vital supplies, but also potentially some top secret equipment. Her mind was racing with thoughts about her searing hatred for the Mantis, and her hope that somehow this mission could give her a means to avenge Irina.

OOC: You know, I had the thought of asking, is there by any chance some place on board where Nicole could take out her anger without causing harm to the crew? I was thinking maybe if there was a gymnasium with a punching bag somewhere or a shooting range or something.

Edited by Atton Rand

"Oh, that makes more sense." Anna said with a nod, as that explained the cat features a bit more. She wasn't sure what else to say, however, and also wasn't sure what they would do, other than, well, interact with Ashley's dream and the like.

Anna blinked, not having seen Ashley appear under her, and yelped out, as she was pulled under the yarn, blinking as she was confused about what had just happened, and why her vision was now yarn.

IC: Ashley

Ashley and Anna swam just below where Rehn was contemplating what to wear, Ashley made some odd gestures at Anna in order to tell her to wait there.

Ashley sprung up from the sea of yarn just behind Rehn, quickly wrapping her arms around her waist before pulling her under.

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Sometimes making your own meals payed off in more ways than one. If ever that gross gastropod in the kitchen ever decided to start poisoning the food, Zokander would be quids in. Hadn't happened yet but he wouldn't put anything past those mind-reading molluscs.

But on a less lethal note, it became incredibly useful for bribery. Ship food was filling, nutritious, and packed full of all the vitamins you needed to avoid ill health. Scurvy was just as much a problem in space as it was on the high seas all those centuries ago. What ship food wasn't was particularly delicious. It was why most crew member flocked to the coffee and pastries, they were one of the few things that were packing any real flavour ('sugar' was a flavour, right?)

So if you were in the habit of making your own meals, and were packing enough spices and seasonings to make even the greyest porridge taste like a banquet? Well a lot of people would trade you a favour for a bit of that.

As indeed they had. Zokander had persuaded someone of the Brasilia to take a message. Next time someone was headed homeward, fleet or visitor, they could carry it on. Hopefully it would reach Earth before Zokander himself got back, or it was going to be an embarrassing waste of good nutmeg.

The recording programs started up, but for a moment Zokander was staring only at his own reflection, the green glow of his mechanical eye shining back at him like a particularly queasy star. To give both organic and technological eye something to do other than map the ever-growing number of wrinkles on his face he looked down and pulled a ring out of one of his uniform’s pocket, twisting the fake opal on the band. The colours in the gem shifted and flitted until they became a face. A face he’d known and loved these past 30 years or so. It had taken a bit of…weathering since he’d had the hologram taken (though considerably less then his so who was he to talk), but was still the face he saw whenever he looked upon his wife. Time could weather mountains to dust and reduce great empires to guesswork, but it couldn’t touch the love he felt towards his Elizabeth.

A thin and tinny metallic beep alerted him to the recorder’s readiness and broke his reverie. He sheepishly switched the fauxpal off and put it back in a pocket. Even with the lightyears of infinite space between him and his Zebby he knew what her reaction would be if she saw what she always called a silly old thing. And yes, she meant the fauxpal.

“Hello sweetie. I know you had misgivings about me going on this mission, but like I said, I can only do so much gardening. I wanted to let you know I am still alive, I know that was a concern you had. Though the mission has been a little more eventful than I had thought, so I imagine you saying “I told you so” every time we have an incident. That’ll teach me, right?” He imagined she’d add another barb to that. Probably a tut and then something about how he never learned. “I just wanted to say that I am still in one piece, and yes, I am eating properly. Keeping low on cholesterol. I know you worry about my arteries far more than I do.”

He wished she was here in front of him. That he was talking to his Zebby and not a wall of glass and circuitry. She’d be asking all sorts of questions and making sure every avenue of conversation had been looked into. He found himself turning every attempt at speaking into a report to imaginary superiors.

“I still can’t say where I am, I still can’t say what we’re doing. Like usual really. I bet you were saying those words before I did.”

Was this really going to be all he said in what might be the only message he sent to his wife?

“Oh, yes, Zoeskia was trying to officially adopt little Xanthe. I hope thats going well. The little angel needs a good home after…after everything.”

Xanthe was the firstborn daughter of Zokander’s eldest, Ziandaya, who had followed her father into the military and been present on Terra for the mantis invasion. There would be no brothers or sisters for Xanthe. With the father likewise out of the picture (and for similar reasons) guardianship of the girl had fallen on Ziandaya’s family. Zoeksia, the youngest of the Zahm brood, had applied to be the toddler’s new mother, but the mantis attack had resulted in a lot of newly-minted orphans and the paperwork was taking time.

“I can’t offer the young ‘uns anything they won’t have heard a thousand times before. I know I got bloody tired of hearing “how’s your education going” over and over, don’t imagine they’re too enthusiastic about it. I suppose that it really. I love you honey, hope to see you soon.”

He switched off the recording. His new friend on the Brasilia would send it on its way ASAP. It seemed a very sorry thing to send to the woman he’d loved for some thirty years and change. But better than no word at all until he either arrived home or top brass told Zebby he never would. Yes, better a small and sorry thing than no thing at all…

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"... You cannot be real." The Weapons Officer joked, smiling widely. He straightened and rolled his shoulders, stretching slightly. "Really, you can't be. Good-looking, fun, and a fan of science fiction."

"And I'm impressed by the fact that you cosplayed as such."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Ashley

The good thing about being in a sea of yarn was that it covered you up pretty well, never-the-less Ashley blushed when she saw Rehn's current predicament and quickly imagined clothing on her. Being a dream they instantly appeared.

"Well, that was more of a surprise than I expected."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"I'm not so sure you are; There are psionics aboard, God knows what illusions they could conjure." Will's smile widened, as he idly moved over toward her, poking her shoulder playfully. "... Alright, you are real. Probably."

fK5oqYf.jpg