RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC [Dorian]

And I'm bored, been sitting here for like fifteen minutes, woke up a bit before you. No vision so I gotta go imagine things and that gets old after a while. Should move, explore, do stuffs.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [Dorian]

I would love to but I am kinda you so we're both going have to live with it. Besides, you probably need to take your morning medicine, don't want to skimp on those nanite shots.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Ashley

Ashley shuddered, in order to get her shots she needed to go to the medbay. Now she wasn't sure if Nicole would still be around after what she did the day before, but the chances of her being in the medbay were pretty high. She wasn't looking forward to running into her.

Still, she didn't want her intestines to blow out, so she kissed Rehn on the forehead before slipping off the bed, standing up before getting a good stretch.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [Dorian]

Shoulda gotten a few vials to keep under your bunk. Probably best if- Both parties were subject to what could best be described as a poking sensation in the brain. ...Ok. Uhm, not sure what that was. Anyway, we should get in and out quick, unless you want me to punch the crazy doc again.

voidstars.png

OOC: Alright, I can write in character again.

In other news I just finished watching a weird b-movie called The Atomic Brain which had a woman's brain being replaced by one from a cat. It reminded me a bit of Ashley.

IC: Nicole sat on her bed, her locket in hand. Two other beds were present, but there were no signs of their occupants. Her locket was open, and she stared at the picture. It was a strange mix of thoughts that ran through her head; her longing for her friend, her newfound hatred for the mantis and subsequently her apparent purpose in being here. She placed the locket down on the bedside table and stood, walking through the door.

A little further down the corridor she stopped outside one door, seeing Ashley She stopped at the door, putting a hand on the frame. "Ashley," she said. "I wanted to apologize for what I did earlier."

IC:

The ferrets had rebelled.

Well, to be more accurate, the ferrets had never been trainable in the first place. Zhanar had quickly given up on training them once he realized this, and had instead set about researching what else the ferrets might be good at. One had a collar put on it and was let loose, as he had appointed it to the role of chief pest control officer.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Ashley was walking out of her room, about to ask Dorian what the poking in her head was about when Nicole came into her vision. So much for avoiding... To her surprise Nicole was apologizing.

"Oh. Okay...thank you." Ashley couldn't bring herself to look her in the eye. "Well, I have to go to the medbay and get my shots...see ya..."

IC:

The chief pest officer, whose collar proclaimed him to be named Corporal Pancake, promptly arrived and sat down on Nicole's shoe.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC [Dorian]

Careful, she may bite, that'd be awkward. Dorian was contemplating the poke himself. That was pretty weird, that poke. Definitely psionic. Kinda familiar... but the TIA wouldn't have telepaths out in the fleet, too unstable, too unpredictable, too prone to spontaneous dea-ahem. Weird.

voidstars.png

IC [Dorian]

Yes and you know that all of the dead people were given our solution, you were not, therefore, you probably won't die. The scan didn't really seem to bring up much, though some unguarded thoughts came out, like Rehn's sleepy musings or the Colonel pondering how much alcohol to add to her coffee that morning. Wouldn't suggest seeking them out, don't want to give away your mental position, though that is going bug me for a while. It's on the edge of our mind...

voidstars.png

IC:

Can stuck his head out of his room and immediately saw the crazy doctor with a ferret on her foot.

Grumbling about the rest of the crew being absolutely insane, he stepped out, slowly realizing that he would have to pass the crazy doctor to get coffee. He mentally braced himself for social contact, wondering how long one has to keep a first lieutenant away from their coffee before use of lethal force became a legitimate solution.

-Rover

Ashley relented her mental search for the moment as she took the ladder to get to deck two. Think it was one of the slugs? It was unlikely, but it didn't hurt to go over all the possibilities.

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

IC [Dorian]

Didn't feel like a slug, too... natural, I suppose. Definitely did feel like a human. If it happens again, we'll definitely know and oh man that smell. It faded as they descended to the next level. Must be cooking something good in the mess. Smelled like proper salmon, maybe we got it from the battleship.

voidstars.png

IC: Souper Saladd, Early Memories

Sluknar. It had been a very long time since the slug had thought of their first home. Systernius, the planet it was on, was a jungle planet, and as a slugling it was paradise. Cooking the salmon in from of them, the Slug Chef continued to reminisce. The city Sluknar was the colonial capital and as an earlier settled place compared to the rest of the planet, it was the only place interstellar travel came and went from. It was filled with fruit trees and the slug-equivalent to the human plant Kale all over the place. It really was made so that no slug would go hungry and resort to piracy or anything silly like that. Forcing down the salmon with their food-flapper, or a spatula as the human's called it, xhe continued to think...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a normal day in Sluknar. Slugging along with their parents, a young Souper, or as xhe was known then S'parznax Salzarorodd, was going down to the store. It was store day. The sky was filled with clouds closer to the ground than any on Earth, yet close to the surface enough to be supremely visible. It rained a lot on Systernius, such was the jungle climate that it seemed to have all over, being a small planet. Yawning, S'parznax, with their parents, arrived at the store...

"Can I get some veggies from the veggie section, parent?" the young slugling asked, small in comparison to the large hulk of flesh that their two parents had. They were large due to a lifetime of sedentary farming, using machines to deal with the crops. As a result, they were each around 300 pounds, slightly above normal for the sedentary farmers of the planet's surface. However, they both leaned down, their heavy pink antennae nuzzling the little slug and nodding, "Go along child" they said in unison, due to the fact that they were practically one mind at this point in their marriage, "Go get your favorite. You've been a good little slug, we'll fetch you if you take too long" they spoke, leaving Souper to go off to get some food.

Within moments of Souper's arrival in the section, however, the sky began to shake above the store. Worried, the couple Salzarorodd slugged their way over to their child, grabbing the slugling, "Come" they both said, "We must get to the shelter. There must be another one of those pirate raids" Nodding in agreement, Souper took a hand of each of the large slugs and they headed out the door. Just as they did that, however, darkness hovered above them and then Souper knew nothing.

Hours, if not days, later, the little slug woke up, on a table. Some humans were hovering over them as they were muttering something in a language that Souper had not yet learned. Pushing a button, one of the humans muttered something along the lines of "Let's see if this one survives, we haven't tested on a child yet" and held the slugling down as a machine, equipped with a small drill, began to bare down on them. Looking to the left, just before the humans could hold the slug's head still, Souper saw something that would change their life forever.

Piles of dead slugs with holes in their heads.

Including Souper's parents. Dead.

-------------------------------------------------------

Shaking their head out of their reverie of endless hate, Souper focused on the salmon. Xhe was lucky it was as thick as it was, it just needed to be flipped over now. Frowning and doing so, Souper frowned. The daydreams were coming back. Xhe thought that they'd gotten past them but...sometimes the past refused to go away.

IC [Dorian]

Morning Rehn, do you smell the salmon? I do, I'm looking forward to it. Dorian seemed to be off sorting through his memories, looking for a clue about the poke. Ashley, nanites should be on the red shelf, two up. Be sure to grab the stem cell ones, not the Colonel's. Be awkward if you grabbed the Colonel's.

voidstars.png

OOC: Okay, that's a dark turn of events? So some humans literally decided to kidnap a bunch of slugs and see what happened if they put a drill through their heads? I thought the natural assumption would have been that's where their brains are which would make the results of such an experiment a bit obvious.

IC: As startled as she was, Nicole bent down and lightly petted the ferret, somewhat confused as to why it was on board in the first place. She did not recall pets being permitted in the military, especially on a spaceship with a top priority mission, but then again after spending a year in therapy on Earth she had not exactly kept up with any changes in regulation since then.

Gently she nudged the little ferret off her boot before she stood, noticing Can approaching. She pushed her disheveled hair out of her face as she watched the man passed. She turned to confront Ashley only to find that the girl had apparently disappeared. As she walked she began to reach for the locket out of habit, only to find the strange feeling of its absence, followed by her remembering she left it in her room. That item was one thing she had never gone without, and she certainly did not plan to lose it any time soon. After all she certainly did not want to forget Irina.

It took her a moment before she recalled Ashley mentioning a need to get to the medbay. She thought about it for a moment, and it occurred to her; "I never did meet that other doctor," she thought to herself. She began making her way to the lift, passing the mess hall but not stopping at the scent of salmon. On the second floor she began working her way toward the medbay.

She was relieved upon reaching the door to find the place empty. No other patients were present. She also hoped desperately she would not be required to perform any full surgery in the near future. One glance into the emergency room quickly brought back memories. "NO! IRINA! I LOVE YOU! STAY WITH ME!"

She leaned against the doorway a moment. Slowly, and cautiously, she put one foot into the room, and then the other. A few more steps and she made it about a meter inside.

IC:

Can had no love whatsoever for anything that had come out of Earth's oceans. But food was food, and, after fixing himself a cup of coffee, Can poked his head into the kitchen to see if Souper was ready with it yet.

Meanwhile, Corporal Pancake followed Nicole into Medbay.

-Rover

OOC
Worth noting that we've had two confirmed pets (a slugdog and cat) so I think it's reasonable to assume that pets aren't against regs, though there's certainly limits.

voidstars.png

OOC: Good thing Zhanar isn't enlisted, because a pack of eleven ferrets is probably against regs.

-Rover

I'm at the medbay getting my nanite shots, I'll met you in the mess hall. She replied to Rehn.

Ashley blinked as she entered the Medbay. Somehow Nicole had beat her there even though Ashley had never stopped, what did she do sprint the whole way? A bit unnerving.

Ignoring that Ashley went up to the red shell and found the nanites she needed.

IC: Medbay

Zhanar passed by, threw a handful of glitter at Nicole, and then left.

IC: Mess Hall

Can, meanwhile, was contemplating how ridiculous fish was. Weird swimming reptiles with filters and no legs live under miserably deep water pressures that can sometimes be worse than Earth's gravity. The things made no sense at all, and yet people ate them.

-Rover

IC [Dorian]

Dorian.

The voice took the two of them by surprise, Dorian particularly. It was the voice of a young woman, but it certainly wasn't from Nicole. Both recognized the inflection, the tone, though. Emily? Dorian thought.

Hi Dorian.

Ok this is weird. Dorian was at a bit of a loss. Either I've gone mad or Emily managed to re-establish communication. Did you take any catnip last night?

I can find your mental signature anywhere in the sector dear.

See that's the thing I don't actually have the same one anymore, kinda fused and all that.

So I'm seeing. Sorry, Ashley, poking around a bit. Oh, how nice, it worked like we wanted.

Nothing about this is how 'we' wanted.

Sorry Dorian, sometimes you can't know everything. Here now though, for a little bit. How's your newfound powers coming along, Ashley? And why do you have a psionic barrier around you?

Sorry Emily, I just happened to put one up for her. Don't like random intruders.

Are we going do this?

Am I still in my proper body?

Yes.

Then yes I have nothing to lose now.

Something like that continued for a little while, probably to Ashley's disappointment.

voidstars.png

Ashley's eyes widened, it was Emily! It felt like they'd known each other forever, and yet they didn't. It was a bit confusing.

My powers are coming along fine...this was supposed to happen? It seemed that they'd been lying about Dorian being in her head just to observe, though that wasn't surprising.

Quite frankly I'm not sure why me and Dorian should cooperate.

OOC

Worth noting that we've had two confirmed pets (a slugdog and cat) so I think it's reasonable to assume that pets aren't against regs, though there's certainly limits.

OOC: I know that but that doesn't mean Nicole does. I just would have thought on a mission like this it would be impractical since you'd want to conserve supplies as much as possible.

Also, I feel I should ask, are we still docked with Brasillia or have we left in the twelve hours that have passed?

IC: Nicole watched as Ashley stepped into the medbay, reaching for a cupboard. "You need any help with that?" She asked. She then turned in surprise to see the ferret was wandering into the medbay. She gently bent down and picked it up before carrying it outside, before stepping back in.

Edited by Atton Rand

Ashley looked at Nicole, forcing a half smile. "Nah, that's okay, I know how to do it." She injected the nanties into her arm like she did every other morning. Ashley blinked when she saw the ferret being escorted out of the medbay.

"Where did all those cute critters come from?"

IC [Dorian]

I remember seeing Zhanar around with them, I think he bought them off of the Brasilia. Ashley could still hear some on-off jabbing in the back of her head, though it seemed to have dimmed, until it finally stopped. Ok so telepathy, kinda a finicky art, especially when you're doing it over a hundred lightyears of space. Think we're out of alignment, she'll probably be back soon enough. You remember your psionic training from boot camp? Because it's probably best to keep her at arms length. She didn't feel... right. Think she's trying to poke around to see the full extent of the fusion. Not very comforting, and we don't want her 'accidentally' poking the wrong part of your brain.

voidstars.png

Will that training be enough if she tries to force her way in? Ashley knew from Dorian's memories just how strong a psonic Emily was.

"Nah, pets are allowed. I think Zhanar is the owner though, we should tell him that his ferrets are running loose....let's try the mess hall." She began to walk out of the medbay.

IC [Dorian]

Well I mean if she tries to force her way, in both of us are in a lot of trouble. I have faith that you could stop her, though. Might not know how to use your powers but you've got a lot of potential. Not to mention, we're so far away... well, let's just try not to anger her, yeah? Dorian, apparently tiring of being in Ashley's head, materialized next to her. "For now, let's focus on the next objective: that salmon."

voidstars.png

Right! Ashley climbed up the ladder to the third deck, practically skipping the rest of the way to the mess hall. The scent of the salmon became so strong there was little else she could think about.

As she entered the mess hall she saw Rehn nearby, as well as Souper cooking said Salmon. Ashley didn't hesitate to sneak up on Rehn and glomp her from behind. "Got you!"

OOC: Since when do we have ladders? I thought we just had lifts to get from floor to floor. Ladders sound a little unsafe.

IC: Nicole stepped into the mess hall. She could faintly smell something. Everyone else seemed to react more pleasantly, but she could barely sense the smell, probably because her nose just never was very well-developed.

OOC
We've always had ladders. The only lift on the ship is more or less a cargo lift, hauls boxes up and down and allows for injured crew to be moved. Ladders don't require electricity and don't have a tendency to break down during battle situations, and assuming the gravity plates are functioning, there's a small pull to the side of the wall, to keep you from flying off.

IC [Dorian]

"At times like this I wish I could eat, but I think it's good enough that I can just use you as a proxy." Dorian has slipped over to the kitchen window, looking in. "Looks about ready to eat."

voidstars.png