RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC: Ashley

Ashley followed Nicole, who was so intent on running to her room that she did not seem to notice her, no doubt Nicole would not recognize her in the slightest. As she went through the halls the people around didn't seem to notice Ashley, as if she was a ghost. She didn't belong in the memories after all.

As Ashley approached Nicole's room she could hear crying from the inside, not sure what else to do, Ashley stepped inside the room.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Ashley blinked at Nicole. "I'm trying to fix you....dur." Of course the question of how to fix her was still in the air, though Ashley had one idea. Instead of outright deleting the memories of Gaia, maybe she could put more pleasant thoughts in Nicole's head that would override the memories of Gaia every time she thought of them. Let's see....bunnies...

Bunnies started to appear, simply poofing into existence. Then started to hop all over the room.

IC: Nicole looked around, confused by the sudden appearance of bunnies. That was when she stood and made her way to the door, opening slowly and cautiously. The distant blasts and the cries of the wounded had ceased. There was no sign of anyone, no bodies or anything. Then she wandered into the operating room, noticing a beeping noise.

As she stepped inside, she witnessed herself performing the operation on Irina, the young soldier lying critically wounded on the operating table. She watched as she and Dr. Millbridge desperately struggled to contain the bleeding. It was all so vivid, so real, and then the monitor began to flatline. She watched as she broke down, desperately trying to revive her friend only to be dragged away while a nurse came in to put a sheet over her.

Soon Dr. Millbridge left to attend the other casualties, as did the nurse. Nicole approached Irina's body, pulling the sheet aside to reveal her face. Carefully she reached out and touched the woman's hand. At any other moment, this may have been terrifying, but Nicole felt a sense of happiness when the corpse's eyes opened and stared at her. "I love you," she said. Irina's grip tightened on Nicole's hand. Nicole bent down and kissed her on the lips.

OOC: I don't get to write surrealist work very often. This is the kind of place where being a David Lynch fanboy really comes in handy.

Edited by Atton Rand

Ashley watched the scene unfold, not sure what to think of Nicole kissing someone who was quite obviously supposed to be dead. Either way Ashley figured this memory was at a close, and attempted to terminate the memory so that she could suppress it deep within Nicole's mind. Nicole needed to think about the future...and bunnies.

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

IC: Nicole stood, still holding Irina's hand tightly. "You did everything you could," Irina said, calmly. "There was nothing more you could have done for me. You were there when I needed you, and you did all you could." Nicole nodded.

The doctor turned in surprise to see Ashley at the door. "I loved her," she said. "I loved her, and I couldn't save her."

IC [Dorian]

And with that, the world broke apart.

Ashley reawoke to find Dorian leaning over her, a concerned look on his face. The room had the scent of incense, and Major Walker was sitting to the side, apparently having arrived at some point.

"I was getting worried." Dorian checked around for any spontaneous nose or ear bleeds. "You were gone for an hour, hour and a half. What all happened in there?"

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Nicole reached for the locket, finding it dangling over her chest, and cautiously began to slip it under her collar. She turned toward Ashley, who still seemed unnerved. "If it's any consolation," Nicole said. "Dreadful memories seem to be common around here."

"Well we could wear the dresses we bought yesterday! That should be fancy eno-" It was about then that the Colonel called through the comms.

"Well, it looks like I have to go." Ashley gave Rehn a quick kiss on the cheek. "Will go on our date when I'm finished with whatever the Colonel needs me for!"

With that Ashley left the mess hall and headed toward the secondary break room, wondering what she was needed in there for.

IC:

"Oh- Ohkay Ashley!" Rehn said with a blush as Ashley headed off to deal with important stuff. With Ashley away, Rehn started to head back to Ashley's room. After checking that nobody was there, she then began to change into the dress Ashley had bought for her yesterday.

"Thank you." It seemed Ashley had successfully suppressed the memories that had been causing Nicole's mental problems, and with any luck Nicole's apparent dislike for her cat features that Ashley had happened to notice had been removed as well. :3

OOC

So with this little subplot resolved, I'm going begin work on the time-skip post. We'll be advancing the game plot proper later today, so prepare and that jazz.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Estelle

"Well, with this over now, I think Landes and I will head down to the hanger. We need to go to our fighters." She said, looking over at Landes. "Goodby doctor." She said with a wave of her hand as she began to walk out of the room and down the hall.

IC (Devas)

With a resigned sigh, and more then a little twitching, Devas approached the slug-Souper, some of the less enlightened crew called it-and mentally went over his order. It'd have to be something simple. Plain vegatables. Even an alien couldn't screw that up.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Nicole sat on her own for a few moments after the others had left. She carefully got to her feet and began to work her way back to her room. There she removed the locket from her, neck, placing it on her bedside table but making sure to leave it open. Finally, it occured to her that she was still extremely dirty and disheveled. Finding a shower might be a good idea.

OOC: Is there a bathroom on here? I don't recall that being labelled in the map but it seems like something that would be logical to put in.

IC:

"Yep. And cleaning. And maybe, if you do a good job, we will go out flying. You need some practice anyway, I'll be surprised if you even remembered how to do a barrel roll." The flight commander said with a chuckle.

IC: Calmly, and quietly, Nicole stepped stripped off her uniform and stepped into the shower. She began to wash the dirt and grime out of her hair from her earlier work in botany (she'd need to go back there and retrieve her medical bag later, plus the rockman seemed nice, she wondered if there was a chance she could work there more often).

IC:

Interestingly enough, Can was in the fighter bay as well; he'd apparently managed to acquire a fighter craft's inertial dampner, as he'd set up the gravity projectors and was pushing a screwdriver through the cancellation field with one hand, calibrating it with the other; since both his hands were occupied, he gave the pilots a polite nod as they walked in.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC:

At this point in time, the bridge was mostly empty. Silent, too. At least until the silence was broken by the sound of fingers on a keyboard. The Weapons Officer took a long sip from a mug of coffee perched on the open panel to his left, designed for the bridge crew to be able to set items down, before turning his attemtion once again to his console. The Kestrel's repairs were going well, nearing completion, actually, but he wanted to be sure; So he had been spending the past hour and a half, give or take half an hour, running diagnostics on every aspect of the ship's weaponry.

The heavier weapons were operating at near complete functionality; The railgun was presenting some minor errors at higher power levels, but given the nature of the ship's repair, that wasn't all that surprising. He would have Devas examine the power relays and connections before they set out again.

Taking another sip, he continued his work, keeping an ear on his comm channel.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG