RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Security personnel, report to the Deck 2 airlocks. Wulf and Errogaven, portside airlock, Harken and Taylor, starboard airlock. Walker's holding them off but it looks like they're shielded, we might not be able to stop them."

IC: [ Wulf Kharon ] - UFS Kestrel / Deck 2 / portside airlock

"!"

And then Wulf was moving, lithe and enormous under the stark white glare of the interior lighting systems, running with his weight balanced easily forward on the balls of his feet, bootsteps beating a loping predator's gait into the eerie silence.

Sliding the heavy 9mm revolver back into its holster as he ran, the privateer brusquely switched armament, unlimbering instead the standard Federation issue assault rifle that he had worn slung across his back ever since the Mantis incident back at Galaxy's End.

In the rifle's magazine nestled thirty-two brass-jacketed armor-piercing rounds; enough, at this range, to take down practically anything that moved and breathed.

Wulf's tawny eyes glittered, hawk-like beneath the visor of his riot helmet.

Let them come.

IC: Ashley

Ashley waited for a few minutes, trying her best to ignore the throbbing, she grit her teeth a bit. After a while she swore she could feel something...but the pain was still there.

"It...it still hurts..." She almost whined.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Nicole turned toward her patient. "Alright," she said. "Let's take a look."

She reached into her bag, pulling out a stethoscope. She carefully approached Ashley, gently pulling her shirt upwards as she placed the metal circle over the girl's heart. The beating seemed normal enough. A few tests showed that pulse and temperature were normal as well. There was no obvious sign of physical injury, meaning it had to be psychological. A counselor would be helpful here.

IC [The Computer]

"Doctor Sarany, medbay sensors indicate erratic neural behavior and blood swelling in the upper abdominal area. I suspect the blood pressure has ruptured one of her intestinal grafts. Prompt application of nanites and further surgery may be required. In addition, passive EEG suggests continued brain abnormalities. Smelling salts are in cabinet B to help prevent unconsciousness."

IC [Dorian]

Uh-oh. Dorian's voice, like Ashley's mind, was somewhat garbled. I... I think I see a light. Possibly the one on the ceiling. I'm also starting to feel a sharp stab of pain in my imaginary head. I... think your higher functions are starting to be affected. We gotta pull through, gotta ignore the pain, pain's only in the mind, right?

IC [The Colonel]

"They'll probably shut off their speakers, Ambassador, but I appreciate the thought. Begin broadcasting whitenoise, we don't want them calling for help if they have any allies nearby." She turned to the pilot. "Do what you can, if nothing else we'll through their inertia off."

IC [Pirates!]

The swordsman fell, the elbow hitting the solar plexis and knocking the wind right out of the pirate, but the gloved pirate remained stubborn as ever, plasma round wizzing past his ear as he drew his own sword, revolver in one and sword in the other. In a flurry, he lashed out with the saber, attempting to disarm Skinter, while also leveling his own gun to the man's center of mass and firing.

IC [MORE PIRATES!]

The pilot of the dropship cursed, his ship being tossed to the side by the sudden maneuver. He responded in kind, though, ramming the fighter right back, confident that the sturdier hull of the dropship could win against Federation shields. A grappling cord flew out and attached itself to the Falcon's hull, tethering the two together and locking their engines in a competition with one another.

IC [EVEN MORE PIRATES]

The two dropships had grappled securely, the modular airlocks clinking together. Now it was a matter of time; the door's manual access began to be hacked, while the pirates set up a portable plasma torch, if they needed to cut through the bolts the hard way. They would be in within minutes.

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:

".... Will, I could really use some help!" She shouted into her comm as she tried to make the Falcon dive. She twisted her fighter, desperate to get the cord off and detach herself. If I could just get away... I could go back to shooting.

IC:

Can, with his exotic style learned in the asteroids, influenced by his sports days, and having instinctively recognized the low gravity levels in a ship at combat, lunged away from the glove-wielding pirate. His lunge would have carried him away, over the pirate he'd just elbowed, but he stabbed his sword down, into the pirate's midsection, and pivoted on it, causing him to crash into the standing pirate in a modified water polo tackle, one that allowed him to plant his gun in the pirate's midsection and squeeze the trigger.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: Nicole ran to the cabinet indicated, pulling out a jar of smelling salts. "Ruptured veins," she muttered. She raced toward her bag and pulled out one of the nanite syringes, approaching Ashley carefully. "Apparently I missed something," Nicole replied. "I hope you don't take it too offensively if I say I've never dealt with psionic problems before."

As fast as she could, Nicole injected the nanites into Ashley.

IC:

"Lt. Colonel Chastain, I am obligated to inform you that Spaceman Landes is in critical condition, and that Doctor Sarany may not be performing her practice correctly. I suspect the stress of the situation may be getting to her. I request that you intervene."

It was interesting to watch Sophie Chastain's face fluidly shift through a variety of expressions in those few seconds. She didn't know much about medicine, to be totally fair, but apparently from the sounds of things neither did Nicole Sarany. Truth be told she didn't even think she'd talked to the girl once, unless a literally miniscule nod to get Nicole out of her face counted, but all the same it had seemed time and again that the Colonel was comfortable handing the lunatic the skeleton key to the asylum. No mas. She moved from the bridge like she was made of mercury, carrying herself to the med bay as quickly as she could manage. While she walked, she blew on her knuckles in preparation, stretched her shoulders, and pulled on a pair of black gloves from her back pocket. Easier to space them if they received any evidence spatter.

When Sophie Chastain, Human F5 Tornado-At-Large, rolled into the med bay, Landes was whimpering on a med booth and Nicole Sarany was fumbling around Ashley's head like Humpty Dumpty, M.D. Her hands twitched, and while the computer talked she got the sickening feeling that she was paying more attention - or knew and comprehended what was being said, at least - more than the doctor.

"I hope you don't take it too offensively if I say I've never dealt with psionic problems before."

"Really? That's some breaking news to me," Chastain barked, instantly moving towards the hurt pilot. She whimpered at the sound of Chastain's voice, but her brow visibly slackened a bit. Her teeth were grit in agony.

"Lt. Colonel!" Nicole explained, surprised. "Landes is injured bad, her abdomen is killing her and her brain abnormalities are off the charts, I was thinking it was psychological but--"

"Oh, were you? Psychological? Tell me, Doc, when you have a nightmare, or think there's a monster under your bed, does it generally leave you with internal bleeding?" Chastain asked, running a hand along Landes' forehead and holding the smelling salts by her nose. "Or nick a vein somewhere?"

"Well--"

"Well. My guess is no. So, with that out of the way, at what point do you, an alleged medical professional with years of experience with trauma patients, stop and decide that this is ###### psychological? I've gotten better diagnoses from voodoo priestesses on the sidewalk, telling tourists they had Wilms tumor after shaking around some monkey bones and a ###### goose feather! Get me some beta blockers, nanites won't do any good if her blood pressure is on par with your incompetence. Landes, Landes, look at me."

Ashley's eyes were slits, hardly open; they shimmered with pain. She wondered what was being said between her and Dorian, or what Dorian was even trying to do. Was it him that was accidentally hindering the process, and not just Nicole?

"It's me, Chastain. You're here, you're queer, and you're in good hands," Chastain assured her, doing everything in her power to keep Landes awake - if she had a brain injury the last thing she needed was medication to help her feel deliberately drowsy. "Ashley, look at me and listen to me very carefully: under no circumstances are you allowed to die."

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC [Pirates]

The gloved pirate fell, gasping at the plasma cooled and seared the wound shut. Two pirates down, just one remaining on the floor, trying in vain to move her shot arm, gun laying out of reach of the good hand. She scowled and, with her good hand, slammed the panel behind her, not quite reaching the proper alarm but causing a surge in one of the reactor cores, something sure to attract bridge crew attention and alert them that something was wrong.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC Geburah

Geburah nodded and began transmitting white noise. However, his elbow brushed his MP3, and as it had been adjusted for Zoltan, it was very touch sensitive. As such, it began playing the last song that he had been viewing.

"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you-"

"Oh dear." Geburah tried to turn it off, but pressed the wrong button.

"Take on m-"

"What is with this player?"

"Nananananananananananananananana BAT-"

"Would you just turn off?!" Geburah finally succeeded in stopping the music player. "Well on the bright side, the folks over there heard it too."

IC Vincent

Vincent made it to the engine roon, watching Devas prep the engines. He stood by just in case something broke and the chief engineer needed his help.

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC:

Can picked himself up from the tackle and, noticing the still moving pirate, retrieved his sword from her stabbed compatriot, then walked over her and stepped on her injured shoulder, crushing the already burned, twisted flesh. "I know what you're thinking." Can said as he leveled his revolver at the face of the screaming woman. "Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, I never lost count. It was..." Can pulled the trigger, sending a bolt of plasma into the woman's face. "Three."

With the reference complete, Can began looking around the engine room; the power surge probably wouldn't go unnoticed, and he only looked at the controls long enough to verify that nothing was about to explode. The ship's reactor was the simplest target, and after a bit of pondering and using the internal sensors to confirm he would have a few seconds alone, Can forced open one of the control panels' underbellies and shoved the charge in there, thinking "hey, these look important"

Can still seemed to not have anyone heading his way; he loaded three new plasma rounds into his revolver, then decided to grab the pirate's supermetal gauntlet; he ducked behind a conveniently placed console that would cover him from the exit while he crouched to pull the glove off.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: Zahm nodded at Ojeda's approval of his suggestion, and started the Kestrel spinning around a diagonal axis. It might throw off the course calculations for the other two dropships, but there was little to be done about the ones already attached. With any look they wouldn't have simulated gravity and would go bouncing round the ship as it suddenly started moving. Or maybe the rapid change in inertia would throw off the hackers' efforts. Not very professional of them if it did, but then they were pirates. Zahm could but hope...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

Weaponry offline. Railgun is going to need a solid minute and a half to fire at a quarter power, energy weapons are going to need three. Walker's in trouble, dropships, they've grappled. What do I have? The Weapons Officer worked in swift, adrenaline-fueled silence, running through his options. All were offline, save-

"There. Walker, aid is incoming. You're probably going to hate me later." The single statement flowed smoothly over the commline, as, with the press of a few keys, the anti-fighter turrets came to life on the ship's hull. They didn't begin firing, not yet; Normally the computer would have taken over, but Daniels killed that process with a single button press. He didn't even have to think about it. The computer's algorithms were designed to target hostile fighters, but not only was it rather occupied, it would have read the dropship and the Falcon as a single large mass, not two distinct objects. And when one was friendly, that was a very bad thing.

Which left one option.

With the flip of a lever, the computer disengaged control completely, and William picked up the console's visor. Normally it wasn't used; The console's own screens worked just fine for combat, allowing the Officer to control multiple weapons with ease. In this case, it was very much necessary. As his hands closed around a pair of joysticks, the visor came to life, displaying targeting data superimposed over a view of space. The perspective was that of one of the Kestrel's turrets, and with a practiced tug on the controls, it swiveled and angled to face the dogfighting vessels. With a single button press, the view zoomed in, the targeting sight hovering over the enemy. With care balanced against swiftness, he brought it to the outside edge of the dropship that had attached itself to the Falcon. From that angle, he could fire at the dropship without risking the Falcon unduly.

"Firing manually. Estelle, keep out of the line of fire best you can." The calm tone belied a steely resolve, fine-tuning the targeting-

Only for the ship to start spinning.

"Goddammit, Zahm! I can't shoot like this, and unless you'd like to be down a Major, you'll get me a decent shot!"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC:

What does our combat armor consist of?

IC:

Gaven ran up to the port airlock, armored up and ready to fight. "Ready, Wulf?" he asked the privateer beside him.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC (Ameli)

Ameli had shed the various strappings intended to secure the crew, relying on the standard magnatic package most Vendarian boots sported. Very useful devices for urban combat beyond their purpose within the fleet. It had certainly allowed her enforcers to outmanuver the insurgents a few times on Bastion. She had prepped her V45 the moment the Mantis attack had come and had not occasion or reason to disarm herself since. "Colonel, I am prepared to assist in any manner you deem sufficent." She hoped she did not need to remind the Colonel of shock trooper training she had gone through.

IC (Devas)

Devas, in between small, minute adjustments to the cooling process, had began to turn the engine room into a small fortress, with numerous weapons stashed away, hastily erected barricades arranged in defensive positions and few....special...surprises he'd arranged just in case. He remembered what had happened the last time the ship had been boarded, he was not eager to repeat the experience.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: Uh, Plank, didn't you just technically break a few rules by taking direct control of my character without my consent? I thought that was a thing you weren't supposed to do around here.

IC: Nicole watched resentfully as Chastain pushed her aside. It was not her fault she had never had to deal with psionically-induced wounds before. They never covered those in training and certainly nobody was like that on Gaia. Under those circumstances the best she could do was guess.

IC: "Apologies Daniels but needed to do something other than sit around taking fire while things warmed up in your department. We've already got two barnacles and I didn't want a third. Giving you a stable platform in 3."

In a flick of a few switches he'd countered the Kestrel's revolutions, steadying it out and providing Daniels the clear shot he needed

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC

"Got it, Will." She replied as she kept trying to shake it off, keeping an eye out for Will's fire. It was nerve racking, the idea of having come so close to friendly fire, but she trusted Will. Worse comes to worse, she'd get hit too... And if that happened, she'd take the ship grappled to the Falcon with her. There was no way she'd let this one get to the Kestrel too.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Colonel, I am prepared to assist in any manner you deem sufficent."

"Captain Harken could use some backup, no doubt. I'd suggest assisting him." The Colonel was intently observing a tactical display. "I remember this design... it's newer, must have came out with an updated model, but it has the same layout... Daniels, lock the railgun onto these coordinates and fire on my mark."

IC [Pirates]

Can soon found that it was not the glove that was made of supermetal, but the man's hand; he was an amputee, and had a cybernetic replacement.

voidstars.png

IC: Ashley

Ashley wasn't sure what was going on anymore...it was hard to focus...to think...except on the pain...it hurt so bad...she just wanted it to all stop.

Someone was was speaking to her, she strained to focus on her.

"Ashley, look at me and listen to me very carefully: under no circumstances are you allowed to die."

Well in that case. "O-Okay..." Her vision of Chastain got a little clearer as the smelling salts did their magic, they really did smell.

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Figures." Can muttered as he looked through his visor's sensor readout, checking to see if the pirates had sent a team after him yet, along with taking a headcount of the ship. His computer gave a microwave-like ding in his earphones, telling him that the teleporter had recharged, and he could back out at any moment now.

-Rover

Kenshin Harken

IC: In order for the hacker to open the airlock they needed to open a connection with the ships computer.

That was something Harken could use.

A few mental commands as he arrived at the airlock and the hacker on the other side of the door found terabytes of junk data flooding in to his tablet. It would hardly stop the pirate, but it would certainly slow them down.

Looking around for a good piece of cover he activated his comm,

"Dave, can you get me a sensor reading of what is on the other side of the door?"

We should think about setting up internal defensive measures once this all calms down.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Ameli)

Ameli pounded her fist against her chest in a classic Vendarian salute. "It shall be done Colonel." There was something odd about her voice, flat, not out of disinterest or distaste, this was somewhat different. One could get the impression was utterly focused on the task before her, or at least, the general situation. This was a common result of Vendarian training, personal dislikes and much of the non-combat world ceased to matter the moment the first shot was fired. Without another word, Ameli executed an about face and exited the bridge. She keyed her come as she strode to her new post. "I am inbound on your position Captain Harken on the Colonels orders. Copy?"

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Nicole approached the doorway nervously, the medical bag under her arm. Up until now she had actually thought foolishly she finally had a chance to prove her worth, and yet her first patient had such a strange case she misdiagnosed and a non-professional had to intervene. She just watched in humiliation as another person continued to insist she do her job for her.

Kenshin Harken

IC: "Copy that. I have them stalled for a minute or two. Do you think you could pick up a couple shaped charges or claymores on the way here? I want to set a trap for our visitors."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Now. William took a moment to line up the shot, then pulled the trigger in a brief burst, sending shots lancing out into space to hopefully destroy the dropship. Keeping an eye on the visor to watch the dropships, he keyed in a computer-assisted shot at the coordinates Ojeda had indicated. After a manual shot, a computerized one was simplicity itself.

"Shot ready."

Let's see how that dropship is.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Alright, after the heated argument earlier I've had some time to watch the hilarious antics of the Marx brothers in A Day at the Races so hopefully I'm cooled down enough to think straight for the moment.

IC: Nicole looked around. "Dave," she asked. "Is there anything I can do to help right now? It doesn't have to be medical, just some way I can be useful."

IC:

Gaven ran up to the port airlock, armored up and ready to fight. "Ready, Wulf?" he asked the privateer beside him.

"Me? no."

A faint sardonic grin.

"But that's neither here nor there, I reckon. What's important now is, how the are we going to block this corridor? They'll shoot us down like ducks in a barrel, unless..."

The heavy scars on his jaw twitched suddenly as a thought, sheer genius in its breathtaking lunacy, struck him; beneath the helmet's shadowed visor, eyes gleamed starkly, abruptly cold.

"Unless... we hit them first. They won't be expecting it, not at all... we can open that door from our side in milliseconds; we'd have the split-second advantage of surprise; we could take out the hackers like ninepins, blow out of the dropship's insides at point-blank range, and then reseal the door and leave the dropship docked as an... improvised obstacle to further breaching attempts. What say, Old Man Granite? Best defense, a good smashing offense?"

IC [Dropship]

The dropship currently tethered to the Falcon was now hanging limp, the bullets having cut into its engines and right through the cockpit, resulting in a rather nasty depressurization. The Falcon itself seemed intact, though a few stray rounds had cut through the wings. That'd need to be spotwelded back together.

IC [More pirates]

With a click, the safety bolts on the airlock in front of Harken and Ameli clicked open, the computer about to respond to Harken's inquiry but deciding that it was rather moot now. At first, nothing emerged, and then a grenade rolled out.

The flashbang had little effect on the armored individuals, though poor Taylor may have lost his sight for the day, but in the brief smoke they couldn't see the next salvo; a high-yield EMP grenade, erupting in front of Harken and temporarily disrupting his suit. The military defenses would quickly restore functionality, but even as they kicked back on and his visor cleared, the captain was confronted by something no military man ever wanted to see; the sight of a very angry Rockman staring down at him.

With a clossal punch Harken was sent skidding back a few meters, two Rockmen now advancing, apparently wielding nothing but their firsts and a sour attitude.

IC [The Computer]

"Doctor Sarany, you do have medical training, do you not? Lt. Colonel Chastain does not possess any medical training outside of the required courses of the Terran Space Academy. You have made some mistakes, likely in the heat of the moment, but this is not an excuse to abandon your duties. Please doctor, treat your patient."

IC [The ship pirates]

As Can scattered detpacks around the engine room, his visor alerted him to something odd; the technical term appeared for it but it could best be described as a quantum flux, disrupting the teleporter. The teleporter's own computer was trying to calculate a new beam path, but something was running interference. Can's academy days would tell him that this was likely the work of Engi technology, developed and sold to Earth to prevent teleportation aboard their vessels. It was expensive and relatively rare, but it was possible this pirate vessel had stolen one.

Even more troublesome was the fact that the visor showed the lifesigns of six pirates advancing on the main door.

voidstars.png

IC: "Of course," Nicole replied, nervously approaching Chastain. She remembered Chastain had mentioned something about beta blockers. She reached through one of the drawers, rummaging around for a syringe before finding the requested drug. She ran towards her patient and injected the drug into Ashley. "Easy," she muttered.

"I can't believe I made such a mistake," Nicole muttered to herself. "If she's lost as much blood as I've been told she's probably going to need a transfusion. I'll get one ready"

As she ran towards the fridge where the blood was stored, she called out to the computer again. "Dave, can you run through Ashley's file, see if you can find her blood type?" Hastily she opened the fridge, and began looking at the packaged bloodbags. "I need to find one that will be compatible."

OOC: I looked it up. From what I gather these "Beta Blockers" Chastain referred to are some type of drug you inject into the body to assist with heart problems. That's correct, isn't it?

Edited by Atton Rand

IC:

Can cursed and crouched behind the console he'd used as cover before. Three to one was a fair fight, but six to one was just rude. Sheathing his sword, Can pulled one of his incendiary grenades and waited, regretting that he'd favored the firebombs to the exclusion of any other type of grenade. Can glanced at the side exits to the engine room, in case any of them had pirates covering them too.

-Rover

Kenshin Harken

IC: Well that hurt.

Those were the closest thing to words that could have been found in Harken's mind had anyone decided to take a glance. The rest of it was in overdrive, measuring speed, positions, his opponents and allies. Everything that might of had an impact on the coming fight was streaming through the special operations soldier's head in a constant flood of information that was calmly and methodically looked over with the skill and experience that over thirty years of combat tours could bring him.

As his magnetic boots activated again and stopped his backward slide Kenshin slipped the SMG he had brought on to the magnetic holster on his armor's thigh. Opening a channel to Ameli and Taylor he spoke.

"Prepare for blackout. Taylor get out of the area and have Dave direct you to the medbay. You are only going to get in the way as you are now."

With and a simple command from his suit the light went out with an almost audible thud, sending the hallway in to total darkness.

For a moment there was almost total silence, the only sound that of the different beings in the room breathing.

It was broken by the rapid clangs of Harken's armored boots hitting the ground at a run. Any lesser metal would had gained dent from the force of his legs hitting the ground as he kicked off and jumped. With a snap and a hiss his now extended armblades were covered in magnetically contained plasma, the light from them illuminating his armored form less than six feet from the Rockman closer to him. His arms were crossed in front of him, the glowing blades almost framing his helmet in the split second he allowed the alien to take it in before sending the weapons streaking forward in a X that would leave after images in the of those not already protected.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC [More pirates]

The plasma blades struck with a hiss on the Rockman's raised arms, the creature giving a howl, before pushing his arms apart and the blades away. Rockmen were renowned for their ability to walk through fires unharmed, and this was not only due to their inability to catch fire, but extremely high heat tolerances. Even Harken's plasma blades, superheated as they were, left only small indents on the Rockman's thick rock hide. It would take several seconds of hard pressure to cut through this behemoth, and it didn't seem to be willing to give Harken the chance, seizing his arms and beginning a struggle for dominance. Darkness was nothing new to this bull; he couldn't see, but he could feel. The plasma blades were also very handy to see with.

voidstars.png

Kenshin Harken

IC: In response Harken brought up one foot and drove it in to the inside of the Rockman's knee with all the force both he and his armor could put in to the blow.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC:

Have we been issued melee weapons too?

IC:

"That is a clever idea. It is true that nobody would expect it, and I do love smashing things. Are we going to wait for our third member, or attack now? Also, you think we got time to run and grab some firebombs? We could throw them in, I go wade in and take out the people who are slowly burning to death, and you shoot at them from out here."

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC

"Thanks, Will. I owe you." She said with a smile. "I'm going to try to shake the tether off and then go after the other two." Estelle said to Will again before she began going into barrel rolls, hoping the tether had been weakened by Will's attack.

OOC:

IC:

"That is a clever idea. It is true that nobody would expect it, and I do love smashing things. Are we going to wait for our third member, or attack now? Also, you think we got time to run and grab some firebombs? We could throw them in, I go wade in and take out the people who are slowly burning to death, and you shoot at them from out here."

OOC:

I dunno; as long as it's realistically feasible, I suppose you could assume that yes, you've been issued basic Federation melee weapons. We've got a very well-stocked Armory, after all. ;)

"Attack now. I've hacked external airlocks myself; if you know what you're doing, you can get it done fast, real fast. Too fast for either of us to chance an Armory run..."

Sliding open the airlock's internal-side control panel, Wulf briskly punched in the appropriate commands, preparing to unseal the heavy metallic barrier.

"If it's a firebomb you want, though, you could do as the pirates do. Go in swinging, then improvise. Ever seen what happens when you rupture the plasma storage tank on a portable boarding torch?"

OOC:

IC:

OOC:

I dunno; as long as it's realistically feasible, I suppose you could assume that yes, you've been issued basic Federation melee weapons. We've got a very well-stocked Armory, after all. ;)

OOC: I suppose worst case scenario is if you really want melee weapons and you don't have them you could improvise using whatever's around. In Nicole's case there are various sharp objects in the medbay that could be used for such a purpose (scalpels and scissors both spring to mind as items that could be used in self-defense if it comes to that, or if one were able to sneak up on their target). Even if it's just odd tools you find lying around; hammers or wrenches, a bit of loose piping somewhere, etc.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC [some dead pirates]

In a somewhat anticlimatic fashion, the tether broke.

IC [Rock pirates]

A gruttal howl once again came from the Rockman, his knee buckling, bone likely fractured. His determination was not to be underestimated, though: even with a bad leg, the alien continued to have an iron hold on Harken's arms, though he was now destabilized, not able to fully plant himself on the ground with a broken knee. Perhaps a worse was the fact that the rest of the dropship team had crossed the airlock, smoke grenades rolling out and filling the hallway with the fumes. The ship's automatic fire suppression system came on, the nearby bulkhead shutting to prevent a spread. Now they were in a relatively confined space, in the dark, in the smoke, with two Rock and three unidentified armored individuals with assault rifles, a dull violent sheen visible through the smoke from their ultraviolet.

IC [Other pirates]

The privateer and Rockman's musings were interrupted by the bolts sliding open. They prepared for their charge, but soon found themselves a little stunned at the form coming out from the door. It was yet another behemoth, standing at seven foot in height and very nearly hitting its head on the ceiling. The stray wires dangling from it and the worn, dull metal sheen of its armor, occasionally revealing fleshy muscle fiber underneath, told the two that it was an Engi, though like no Engi they had ever seen before.

The Engi ability to repair almost everything in the known galaxy was legendary, as was their somewhat poor fighting styles. Engi were the ultimate outcome of merging nanite cybernetics into an organic form, but their aspirations were higher than merely boosting their physical forms. The Engi abhorred violence, and found that they would rather rely on their drones and their weaponry to do the fighting for them, rather than augment their own forms with such despicable weapons. This attitude was probably why they were favored targets of the Mantis raiders, and the reason for this being's creation. Not all agreed that violence was to be avoided, and some would augment themselves in more extreme ways.

Not that any of that really mattered to the two standing before it, what mattered moreso was what looked like a ionized Gatling gun it was holding, and the fact that it was pointed directly at them.

IC [Dem ship pirates]

The six entered the room, immediately filing out to begin searching, while two rushed to investigate the dead bodies. It might be possible to sneak past them... though Can would take note of the fact that they were carrying stun rifles, and not the more typical lethal variety.

IC [The Computer]

"Spaceman Landes' file says she is bloodtype AB, doctor."

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png