RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC:

Since the teleporter room was the room across from the medbay, Can promptly ran into Nicole. He recognized her bag and manner without even looking and stopped. "Who is it?" He asked, still holding a bandoleer of firebombs.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: Nicole puased for a second in shock, but quickly pulled herself together. Her scrubs provided a very distinct contrast to Can's uniform.

"Ashley," Nicole replied. "I was told she was in possibly critical condition. Do you know where she is?"

IC [The Computer]

"Sensor room, she is currently laying on the floor. I am detecting moderate blood loss and a heightened blood pressure."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:

"Wait!" Can had familiarized himself well enough with the layout of the ship to know that that was a long enough run it might make a difference. With a quick series of taps to his computer, he engaged the pre-loaded teleport solution keyed to Ashley, prompting her to materialize in the teleport room; Can quickly ushered Nicole in, to where Ashley lay on the teleport pad.

Edited by Xomeron

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: Ashley

Ashley felt a strange sensation, one moment she was in the sensor room, next she was in the...teleporter room? At least she thought that's where she was, maybe she was imagining things. She hurt so much she wasn't sure, and only God knew how much blood had probably escaped from her nose.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Right, I have to go back and read up on when Ashley was wounded. (So much happened this evening and I read most of it on a phone before a class)

IC: Nicole watched in confusion, dropping the medical bag in her shock as she quickly bent down towards Ashley. She'd never operated on someone with these kinds of modifications (she never recalled anyone with any, at least not this extreme on Gaia).

"It's alright," Nicole said. "I'm here."

Blood was pouring out of Ashley's nose. That on its own was not always a sign of any serious injuries, but the fact that she was struggling to remain conscious seemed to tell a different story. "What happened here?" Nicole asked. "Ashley, can you tell me what you were doing before this happened?"

IC: Nicole thought for a moment, concerned and unsure of what to do. "It's possible the psionics did this," she muttered, though that possibility made the fact that she had been temporarily subjected to it a little more unnerving. "Did the beam actually hit you? If I know what caused the damage it might make it easier to figure out where the problem is."

IC:

"Do we need to move her into medbay, doctor? I think this is some sort of psychic backlash...blood loss might be the main problem." While Can had no formal medical training, his own poor opinion of the doctor's abilities combined with what he learned in Basic and at the Academy plus years of seeing battlefield injuries made him feel qualified to give an opinion.

-Rover

IC: "That might be a good idea," Nicole replied. She turned toward Ashley. Based on what she said it hardly seemed serious. "Based on what you've told me so far the best explanation I have is this has something to do with the psionics in your mind. If it is, I suspect this might not be as serious as it looks, but it's good to be prepared."

She turned toward Can. "Can you run to the medbay and see if you can find a stretcher?" She asked before turning toward Ashley. "Now at the moment it doesn't look like you have much to worry about. Nosebleeds aren't anything serious, although I should check to see if there's any damage to the nose itself, but if this is what I think it is I suspect your mind is just stressed and needs some rest. However just to be certain I need to ask how you're feeling. Do you feel any pain anywhere in your body?"

Edited by Atton Rand

IC: [ Wulf Kharon ] - UFS Kestrel / Deck 2 / Storage

Exactly what a six foot nine inch ex-pirate was doing in the Deck 2 storage room, was uncertain. Although the half-consumed wedge of freeze-dried pizza in his fist just might have had something or other to do with it.

You can take a thief out of water, but you cannot make him drink.

Or something like that. Whatever.

"Computer!" barked the grey-clad Senior Spaceman, hastily gulping down the last tasty morsel of super supreme Italian and scrambling for his 9mm revolver. The heavy sidearm was loaded, ready, lethal... as always.

"What's my assigned battle station for this incident?"

OOC:

I'm baaaaack! :D

IC:

Can quickly ran into the medbay and grabbed a stretcher, then darted back out and laid it out next to Ashley. "Major Daniels, this is Skinter." Can said, his computer opening a channel to Estelle. "I have crewman Landes here, blood loss but condition not critical. Doctor on scene."

-Rover

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Skinter, computer's telling me you've got a bundle of explosives. Right idea, though I think a more strategic approach is called for. I want you to beam yourself over, get the charges in place, and cripple their engines. If you have any left over, try and find their life support. Best I can tell, none of their weapons can penetrate our shields, they're low priority. Try not to get yourself killed in the process."

IC [The Computer]

"Patrolling the aft section of Deck 2." The computer chimed. Elsewhere, in Skinter's comms, it also replied. "I have finished my calculations. Based on schematics and thrust vectors, as well as power flow, the engine room will be in the midsection of the vessel. Precise coordinates are loaded into the mainframe, have a safe journey."

And then, on the bridge, as well as over the fighter comms: "Colonel Ojeda, I am detecting four dropships disembarking from the vessel. It appears they intend to board us."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:

"Acknowledged, Colonel." Can said into his radio; as he was lifting Ashley onto the stretcher. "The doctor and I are getting crewman Landes into the medbay. Once the teleporter recharges I'll be over." While Can and the doctor carried Ashley into Medbay, Can spoke to the ship's computer. "Computer, Rig me three detonators. Set them for remote detonation from my computer, and key them to a Dead Man's Switch on my life signs from my computer." Once he'd finished with Ashley, Can ran out of the medbay towards the Armory. "Harken." Can said to his new superior 'Officer' "The colonel is sending me over to the other ship." Without waiting for a reply, Can pulled a few satchels full of plastic explosives and grabbed the detonators that the computer had rigged. Into each, he threw an incendiary grenade, since fire was always fun on an enemy spaceship. Thus loaded down, Can headed back to the teleport room, waiting for replies from any of the people he had spoken to as the teleporter recharged from picking up Ashley.

-Rover

IC

"Can, make sure the doctor takes care of Landes." Estelle said firmly. Her fears that Ashley had been hurt in some way had been confirmed. She was on her own.

"Colonel, shall I attack?" She asked as she watched the drop ships.

OOC: Might wanna read my last post, Rand.

IC:

"She's got her, 'Stelle." Can said, slipping into a two year old nickname without even realizing it.

-Rover

OOC: Darn. Some sort of miscommunication. Those are annoying.

IC: No sooner had can left than Nicole reached into a drawer to get a cloth, which she pressed on Ashley's nose.

"I'll need you to hold that," she said. "Just try not to make a mess. If you feel anything I need you to tell me. I'll be right back."

Nicole charged outside to get her medical bag.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Weapons free Walker. Keep 'em off our hull."

IC [The Computer]

"The charges are set. I have taken the liberty of loading an passive-sense program into your combat visor; it will communicate with the ship and show you the position of enemy lifesigns. Be aware there will be a .8 second delay due to poor latency."

voidstars.png

IC: Souper Saladd

The Kitchen. That was all that the slug was worried about. Whatever had been happening, the slug did not care. Sure, xhe felt a psionic pulse coming from inside the ship, but it was directed outward, not inward. If it had been doing so in that manner, xhe would've worked and gotten to handling it if the other slugs on the ship did not do anything to fix it. Munching on some kale, the slug simply watched to see if someone was coming into the mess hall to relax for a short time. You know. While the ship was under attack.

IC:

"Roger, Colonel." She replied before diving below the enemies. "And thank you, Dave, but I'm going to do my best to prevent them from getting on." Estelle said as she looked up at the enemy vessels.

Perfect. She thought to herself before she pulled the Falcon up, firing her plasma guns as she began to fire at the enemy ships from below. She wasn't taking chances with using her lasers at the moment.

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

IC:

Can, with a bandoleer of firebomb grenades and a trio of satchel charges, stepped onto the telepad and drew his revolver in his left hand and his sword in his right. "Energize" he said as he crouched down, triggering the teleport solution that was supposed to land him in the enemy ship's engine room.

-Rover

IC: Ashley

Ashley just nodded slightly, holding the cloth to her nose. When the doctor had asked her if she felt pain in the rest of her body, her response was everywhere, but especially her head, the migraine she was feeling was bad enough that it was hard not to cry.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [Dropships]

The dropships immediately began taking evasive action, breaking off from the formation, while what appeared to be shields flickered on the damaged dropship. It'd definitely make things interesting, especially as the dropships' guns came to life, one dropship breaking off to try and chase the Falcon away.

IC [Engineering]

The good news was that Skinter didn't materialize into a wall. The bad news was that there were three pirates standing there, looking down at their consoles, and now slightly confused at the sudden arrival of an armored man. The confusion wouldn't last long, two reaching for their swords while the other pulled out a revolver. Can's visor flickered to life, lifesign outlines appearing and, possibly more important in this situation, the outline of energy conduits in the floor.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Security personnel, report to the Deck 2 airlocks. Wulf and Errogaven, portside airlock, Harken and Taylor, starboard airlock. Walker's holding them off but it looks like they're shielded, we might not be able to stop them."

voidstars.png

IC:

Can's reaction was immediate, two decades of military service kicking to life; he lunged at the pirate with the revolver, slashing at him with his sword while the revolver in his other hand tracked and fired at one of the sword wielding pirates, neurological modifications that let each of his hands work fully independently coming to life and paying off.

-Rover

IC

"Oh you little ######!" Estelle growled as she saw one of the drop ships began to chase her. She immediately started going barrel rolls and other evasive maneuvers, trying to shoot the other ships as she dodged.

"Daniels, do you think you can help me out?" She asked into her comm.

IC: Nicole rushed back into the medbay, dropping the medical bag as she hurried towards Ashley, noticing the girl was struggling to contain her tears. Nicole reached into the bag, pulling out a few containers of pills. "I don't know much about psionics so there's only so much I can do. I can give you something to try and numb the pain, but I'm not sure how much good it will do. Alternatively I could give you something that might put you to sleep. If my vague understanding of all this is correct, it should allow your mind to relax and hopefully it won't be as painful when you wake up. I'll give you a moment to think about that."

Nicole put the pill containers on a nearby table before she began rummaging through the doors, grabbing a few restraints. Normally something that went unused as it was only for patients who were dangerous, but remembering what the computer said she figured this was a suitable precaution. Quickly she approached Ashley's bed. "I'm going to need you to lie down.

Nicole began to tied the strap around the bed, and more specifically Ashley's chest, though still keeping her arms free. "There's a possibility that we may lose our gravity," she explained to Ashley. "If that happens this is just to keep you from drifting away while weightless."

IC [Pirates]

The gun-yielding pirate provided a surprise; when the sword hit his gloved hand, it made a nice little cling sound as supermetal bounced off of supermetal. There was better luck with the gun, though, a plasma round embedding itself into the woman's shoulder and allowing Can to turn his attention to the other sword-bearer, who happened to be midway through a strike to cut Can's sword arm in half.

IC [More pirates!]

Walker's day would only get worse, as two of the dropships were now trying to keep on either side of her, their side turrets forcing her to keep moving erratically. One of the dropships did seem to have been damaged enough to start drifting, though, its engines flickering as it spiraled out into space. By now, the other two had penetrated the Kestrel's outer shields, moving in to grapple onto the airlocks.

voidstars.png

Kenshin Harken

IC: "Understood Skinter. I'll make sure the ship is still here when you come back."

Before he could do anything else the Colonel's voice came over the security channel. Harken gave a brief acknowledgment before dashing off to his assigned airlock.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: "Ma'am, suggest we try countermeasure theta-eight?" Zokander asked. It was a bit of a last ditch effort, using a short burst of thrust to set the ship revolving around in circle like a child's spinning top though with less speed, but would make it harder for the dropships to successfully lock down and clamp onto the areas they were attempting to breach. It wouldn't buy them too much time, but even a few seconds could give Walker or Skinter they needed

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC

"I'm sorry about this girl." She said to the falcon as she grimaced. Thankfully, this would only hurt the Falcon's paint job. With a sudden jolt, Estelle slammed the Falcon into the ship to her right.

IC:

Can hadn't heard Harken; he was too busy fighting as he pulled his sword back, the edge of the sword clashing against the flat of his own. He kept his grip on his sword, but it was knocked aside with no chance to strike back. Instead, Can drove the elbow of his gun arm into the swordsman's chest; the motion carried smoothly into snapping Can's arm outward, his gun leveled towards the glove-wearing pirate's chest as he pulled the trigger.

-Rover

IC: "Alright," Nicole replied, looking at the containers before settling on one. "I'm going to try you on a light sedative." She opened the container and poured a pill into her hand before holding it towards Ashley. "If I'm right in assuming this is in large part due to mental stress this should hopefully give your brain some time to relax. If it doesn't I can try something heavier."

IC Geburah

"If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him."

"Colonel," Geburah spoke. "I'm checking to see if the ship has any open communication lines. If it does, then I think it best that we taunt them in some way shape or form. Or perhaps we should feed them misinformation?" An MP3 player and a vocoder lay on the floor by him.