RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC

"Thank you, Dave!" Estelle said as the Falcon sped toward the enemy ship, easily getting in range of the ship. "Target locked, launching missile two." The pilot said, releasing her missile and watching as it blasted off toward the enemy drop ship.

Kenshin Harken

IC: Kenshin gritted his teeth as the stun rounds slammed in to his suit. The sheer number of them overloading the fail-safes and allowing them to reach him. His HUD went dark, along with the instruments that allowed him to see in the dark. While it was possible to move in the armor without motorized assistance, one could hardly do so easily and in the current situation would likely get him killed. So he just layed there, twitching his limbs inside the armor to work off the stun and waiting for his suit to reboot.

I am so going to need to run some diagnostics after this is over. Twice in less than half an hour?

His armblades had also gone out, plunging the room in to utter darkness once again.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC [Computer]

"We were being attacked by Mantis, we fled the system as the Confederate fleet engaged them. We are currently under attack by pirates. The statistical likelihood of a jump point with hostiles is far greater in unchartered space."

To the Mantis,

"The Colonel is preoccupied. I would suggest waiting outside the portside airlock corridor, until I can override the bulkhead safety measures."

IC [Engi pirate and friends]

The Engi hulk collapsed in a pile of red-gray blood, neck twisted as it lay prone on the ground. The lights in its eyes flicked for a time and then went dark, the spinal column apparently having been severed. Now it left its decidedly more human foes, though they seemed to be more intelligent than your standard pirates, conserving their ammunition with bursts and making it nigh impossible to approach them without being shot at from both sides. All it'd take is one stun bolt to take them out, temporarily.

IC [Pirate captain]

"Quartz, break his arm."

The Rockman obliged, once again opening the cell door and, seizing the bound Can, snapped his lower arm with relative ease. Stepping out and closing the door once again, the pirate captain waited a moment for Can to recover his senses, and then started again. "Who you, why are you here, and who is your commanding officer?"

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Major, give them a full salvo, everything we've got. Railgun to their engines, target their sensor away with our lasers. Avoid depressurizing Lt. Skinter's location if you could, I'd prefer not to have to pick him up."

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:

"Not again." Can said; that arm had actually been broken in the academy. But the way it had fallen made it far easier for Can, with his hands bound, to tap in a sequence on his computer's wrist display. "I did offer to let you surrender." He said. First. the charges inside the engine room computers detonated, blasting them open before spraying sticky, flaming liquid all over the inside of the engine room. When the warning lights flared on the bridge, Can tapped in the next sequence, commanding the teleporter to retrieve him; if the teleporter hadn't adjusted to the interference yet, then he hoped wrecking the engine room and setting it on fire had been enough to knock out the jammer.

Edited by Xomeron
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC [Pirate captain]

Can's form began to fade from existence, then began to flicker in and out. The computer struggled to overcome the interference, the jammer apparently located elsewhere on the ship. Quartz, confused by it, pulled open the cell, attempting to grab onto the dematerializing Can. It was about that moment that the computer figured out the calculation to get around the interference, but with the two of them together it grabbed both of them in the beam, the two vanishing and leaving the pirate captain to contemplate her luck.

[Quartz]

The two rematerialized in the teleporter bay, Quartz temporarily confused by his new surroundings, but well aware of the fact that he had been teleported. Grabbing Can in one hand and his pistol in the other, he set out to figure out what exactly to do now.

[That dropship pilot]

The missiles proved an effective match for the not-so-nimble dropship, the two of them following the heat signature of the engine and ramming into it, sending the entire ship into a glorious and pretty spherical explosion.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC - Kelezaag:

The Mantis remained silent for several moments, simmering. She would expect the blatant lack of concern for the lives of crewmen from Mantis, but at least they knew that they depended upon others, even if it was just to sacrifice them later. This computer seemed to lack both this knowledge, and the Federation's usual thin façade of caring about human lives. And, more importantly, this blasted machine was keeping her from a fight. Storming down the hall, she thought to herself, If those doors aren't open by time I show up, I'm opening them myself.

IC [The Narrator]

It was fitting, then, that as the Mantis stormed out of the adviser's office, she noticed the former security chief being held by a Rockman, not ten meters down the hall.

voidstars.png

IC:

"With pleasure, ma'am."

Few things are nearly as cathartic as commanding over an array of shipgrade weapons, and using them to riddle with projectiles the people who try to fill your friends with projectile-shaped holes. In this case, Daniels' bad mood, from barely escaping a Mantis fleet, to having to rather dangerously rescue Estelle, meant that he took particular satisfaction in dealing with these pirates. As his fingers flew across the controls, he triggered a sequence of mechanisms from across the ship.

A full salvo from the Kestrel might not have been nearly as impressive as that of a battleship, but it was more than enough. The railgun sent a superheated metal shot lancing through the space to pass through the shields and slam into the enemy ship's already damaged engine room, while its other weapons, lasers and beams for example, to slam into the likely weakened shields and cause more damage.

Let's see them get over this.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Clean up duty Walker, target their weapon emplacements." The ship rocked as it was buffeted by slower kinetic rounds, lasers attempting to bring down the shields. An alert came up on the screen, two torpedoes headed towards the Kestrel. The Colonel grimaced as evasive action was taken, but one of them managed to retarget the Kestrel, slamming into its aft, but failing penetrate the hull. "Preferably their missile bays first, Walker."

The pirate ship itself was being buffeted, its engines going offline as the railgun ripped through them. It was still a large vessel, though, and continued to return fire, buffeting the shields further and further down.

voidstars.png

-==IC: Anna==-

Anna's eyes dashed between the spots on the dashboard, as she gripped the control stick for the guns, as she looked between where she had to look for targeting, and then once she noticed the positions that were needed, fired off the guns under her control. Once she had fired one gun, she switched to another with her left hand, and then retargetted the next set. As she focused, she eyed the different spots that would work, and then targeted the opposing weapons, and aimed for the upper section which was hopefully a safe choice.

Kenshin Harken

IC: With a low hum that only the wearer could hear, Harken's suit came back to life. There were no outward sign, no twitches of the limbs or lights coming on. Assuming anyone could even see him they would think that he was still stunned. His HUD came on, flickered once and then returned to the same view it had before it turned off.

Slowly and quietly the special forces soldier got to his feet so as to not make any noise. Grasping the SMG from its place on his thigh Harken raised it and sent a flurry of aimed shots at the center mass of each of the Humans that had passed over him after he went down.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC - Kelezaag:

Finally, a break. The hulking being was facing away from her, so she was able to spit once at it without fear of Skinter being used as a shield. With an almost-gleeful sprint, Kelezaag closed the distance between her and the Rockman, and tried to crush the arm in which it was holding its weapon.

IC

"Roger." Estelle replied curtly before watching the enemy ship to see where the missiles were being launched from. She then charged full speed at one of them, making sure to fire her plasma guns as she did.

IC: As quickly as a lumbering Rockman could, Signi ducked behind the abandoned mess hall table as it sat on the floor, projectiles from the pirates deflecting off of it. The whirring of slugs flying through the air before clanging against metal echoed through the airlock as the botanist reached to his belt, pulling out a small revolver, or what qualified as a small revolver for a Rockman. For most humans, it would be closer to the size of a small shotgun. He tossed the shotgun the Engi had tried to wrest away into his left hand; accuracy wasn't as important with scattershot weaponry.

"Draw their fire." He said flatly to the privateer, yelling to be heard over the gunfire. "I have a plan, but it requires not getting shot."

baltimore_ravens.png

IC: Nicole's attention was drawn to the sounds of commotion outside. Cautiously she approached the door, reaching for her gun as she did so. She stood at the edge of the doorframe and listened carefully.

OOC: It sounded like something exciting was happening on Deck 2. I could have sworn someone was there.

IC:

[...]

"Draw their fire." [signi] said flatly to the privateer, yelling to be heard over the gunfire. "I have a plan, but it requires not getting shot."

IC: [ Wulf Kharon ] - UFS Kestrel / Deck 2 / portside airlock

"...as if any plan doesn't." muttered Wulf under his breath. But he went ahead and ducked quickly out from behind the metallic shelter of the overturned table, snapped a few quick assault rifle bursts towards the nearest hostile, ducked quickly back.

A moment later, he deliberately repeated the risky maneuver, knowing that at least a few of the pirates would have locked in their focus on his location.

IC: Ashley

Ashley's eyes narrowed as she stared at the weapon Nicole had left for her. "That is not a squirt gun..." She decided quite soundly.

With that out of the way Ashley began to tug on Chastain's sleeve. "Hey...hey....hey...hey...."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Nicole peeked outside the door nervously, drawing her pistol and holding it in both hands. She began to step outside, cautiously looking around. No immediate dangers were present, but she could hear muffled sounds; shouting, screams, grunts, weapons going off. She was still safe for the moment, but for how long would be another matter entirely.

IC [Quartz]

Mantis claws were very sharp, and very strong, but if there was any species in the cosmos equipped to go up against them, it was the Rockmen. The claw struck the rocky hide and cut into it, but only managing to make a shallow cut on the softer flesh underneath, making Quartz welp in pain and swing around, Can's legs lifting into the air from the sheer speed and smacking Kelezaag right in the mandibles. Roaring as adrenline filled his mind, Quartz threw the security man at the security insect and made a lumbering approach to pick up the Mantis and presumably squash it against the wall.

IC [Former Engi pirate friends]

Indeed they did; even as one of Kharon's rounds glazed a pirate's shoulder, three stun bolts found their way into his leg and chest, the privateer hitting the ground with a thud as his muscle seized up.

IC [Rockman pirates]

The human pirates fell, taken off guard by their formly stunned opponent. One managed to take cover, unloading a spray of stun energy into the suit, but a bullet went through his head before the suit could completely deactivate again. The remaining Rockman turned, dropping Ameli and moving to engage the captain.

voidstars.png

IC: Nicole carefully walked down the corridor towards the source of the commotion. As she proceeded, the noises grew louder, until she saw it. A rockman battling a mantis and one of the crew members. Quietly she drew her pistol and with some hesitation pulled the trigger.

IC:

Gaven had recovered from the stun bolts enough to poke the top of his head, up to his eyes, and his rifle above the cover, squeezing a few shots off before collapsing behind cover again, still shaky.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC - Kelezaag:

The Mantis leaped backwards, avoiding Can's torso, but still being clipped by one of his arms. Still, the blow had little effect on her, and she spat once more, this time directly in the face of the now-unshielded Rockman. Can, meanwhile, was likely finding that he had a small amount of the same acid on his leg, after inadvertently kicking her in the mouth. Kelezaag backpedaled to avoid Quartz's attempt to grab her, which she expected to cease after a few moments, under the combined attacks of herself and Nicole.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

OOC: Am I the only one who finds it curious that a rockman from another solar system is named after the English term for a specific type of rock on Earth?

IC: The rockman was beginning to stand out from the other two, and he seemed the primary danger. His back was still turned so Nicole fired another shot.

IC: With the diversion provided by Kharon, Ovechkin jumped out from behind the table, running to the discarded gatling gun the Engi had dropped earlier. As he reached it, he dropped the shotgun and revolver, picking the stun weapon up, wrapping a hand around it, and unloading on the three pirates remaining up.

baltimore_ravens.png

IC:

Can, who had indeed noticed that the acid Kel had spat was burning through his uniform, thought quickly, and, with a grunt of effort, shifted the tie around his legs toward the acid; it burned through with a hiss of acid on plastic and an acrid smell, but with a sharp tug from his legs, Can was free.

Rather than engage a rockman in melee with a broken arm and a burned leg, Can rushed over to where Nicole was taking potshots into the melee; before she accidentally hit Kelezagg, Can held out his good hand for the pistol, simultaneously giving her a summary. "My left arm is broken in one place." He said. "And I have acid burns on my leg. Be ready to handle it as soon as I deal with this pirate."

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC

I think it's safe to assume that Quartz isn't his birth name.

IC [Quartz]

Nicole's pistol had little affect on the alien; the relatively small and non-piercing rounds pinged off his back, taking small chips of rock with them as they did. The acid, on the other hand, was slightly more of a problem. The Rockman tried to rub his face, but some drizzled into his eyes and he went blind, thrashing about wildly as he screamed a gruttal scream. Finally Quartz just sort of fell over, twitching on the ground. Apparently he didn't have as much experience with handling pain as his more primal brethren.

IC [Former friends of Engi hulk]

Alas, there just wasn't much that could be done in that situation. The pirates tried to stun the Rockman, but he held a repeating Gatling gun and they did not. And so, twitching slightly from muscle spasms, the Rockman stood victorious, a dead Engi, two wounded pirates, and three on the floor convulsing.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Railgun charged ma'am."

"Take out their bridge." The Colonel watched with a grim look at the Kestrel and the pirate vessel traded blows. By now it was obviously crippled, the Major having loaded it with plasma and its critical systems down. Lifesigns were blinking out, and now a railgun shell blasted through the command deck, severing functionality and leaving the vessel dead in space.

"I am detecting seven remaining lifesigns, Colonel." The computer chimed. "What do you wish to do?"

"Leave them to asphyxiate. Walker, come back home. Computer, status of the boarders?"

"Sensors are still blind over Captain Harken's position, but the remaining hostiles have been neutralized."

"Get the ones still alive to the hanger and space them. Send our remaining security forces to Harken's position." The Colonel looked down at her console. "Devas, prepare to jump on my mark. This ship isn't worth salvaging parts off of."

voidstars.png

IC:

Can, with the Rockman dead, reported in on the radio. "Colonel, this is Skinter. I've returned, brought a tagalong with me but Kelezagg handled him. Currently injured, heading into medbay for treatment." Holding his broken arm, Can stepped through the door to medbay, holding his injured arm and giving a confused look at the Major, who was in there for...some reason. "Doctor, can you handle me now?" Can asked Nicole.

-Rover

IC

"On my way, ma'am." Estelle replied as she did a loop and aimed herself back to the hanger. She opened the hanger and glided in. After closing the airlock, she jumped out of the Falcon. She frowned at the messed up paint job on her bird's side, cursing the drop ships as she took off her helmet.

"I'm in ma'am." She replied into her comm once the helmet was off.

IC: "Right," Nicole replied. She took a look at the burn on Can's leg. "That doesn't look good," she said. "I'll have to find a skin graft among the nanites here."

OOC: Okay, so Can has severe burns on his leg and a broken arm. That's correct, isn't it? Or did I miss something.

OOC: Yeah, but I think there are nanites that would handle burns, and there's probably some sort of technological solution for broken bones.

-Rover

OOC: I figured there was some way nanites that could be used for burns, though that doesn't mean the term "skin graft" is going to become obsolete.

IC: Nicole searched through the nanite syringes before finding the one she was looking for, and proceeded to inject it into Can. "Now for the broken arm," she muttered.

IC:

"Yeah, that'd be nice if we could address that." Can said; apparently he handled pain with snark. Seems to make for a good coping mechanism.

-Rover

IC: Nicole quickly found the bone healing nanites and sat down next to Can. "This is going to hurt a bit," she muttered as she took his arm. There was a brief crack as she adjusted it. "Just got to set it back into place."

A few more grueling moments and Nicole reached for the nanites, injecting them into Can's shoulder.

OOC

Worth noting that the big things nanites do is form scaffolds and try to stop the bleeding; in Ashley's intestine case, the nanites formed the scaffolding while stem cells were applied to repair. In Can's situation, for the burn you'd probably have nanites to remove the offending acids and toxic byproducts of it, then stay in place to ward off infection while the computer cooked up some skin to graft back onto it. The bone is just going work like it does today; you set and cast it and the nanites keep the bone together while the body regrows the bone, probably sped up via some future tech.

IC [Quartz]

The Rockman had begun to crawl down the hull, people apparently thinking him to be dead but, in fact, just blinded and in severe pain.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Mind the pirates on your way out, they're getting spaced."

voidstars.png

IC:

It was hard not to hear the clanking of a rockman on a metal floor, and Can quickly realized that the pirate hadn't died. Grumbling, Can grabbed Nicole's pistol and walked out of Medbay, holding his left arm up to his body and the pistol in his right. "Kel." Can said. "Spit, back of his head."

-Rover

IC: Ashley

Ashley blinked as she saw Can abruptly walk toward the door with a pistol, what was he doing with that? Was it the clanking sounds that her ears were picking up?

"Heyyyyyy you aren't supposed to kill mice with guns ya know....that's what cats are for..." Clearly Can was delirious from his injuries. "Hey someone stop him before he hurts himself...it's just a mouse."

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: I was going to ask Humva if he wanted me to let Quartz get away, but too late now.

IC - Kelezaag:

"Hold still, so I can end your misery, Boulder." Warily, Kelezaag approached the disabled Rockman and, leaning towards it, opted for the quicker and cleaner option of impaling it through its eye.