RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC: Nicole followed Can toward the door. "What are you doing?" She whispered. "Can- you can't."

No sooner had Nicole stepped outside than she saw it: a mantis impaling the rockman through the eye. "No..." she muttered. The sight of the imposing insectoid was a horror that shook her to the core. Memories flooded into her head of Gaia, and the damage these beings had done. She thought about the massive casualties, the destruction, Irina.

Without thinking, she turned and fled down the corridor, moving around a random bend. When she stopped, she turned back to see no sign of it. Shocked and confused, she leaned against the wall, sliding down into a fetal position, and took a moment to compose herself.

IC: The Rockman grinned as the gatling gun's barrel slowed to a halt.

"Not exactly small, but a nice addition to the collection." He picked up the shotgun and revolver, placed them back, then staggered over to Kharon, grabbing at the sidewall for support as he maneuvered awkwardly. In spite of the size and fortitude of the Rockmen, stun rounds still had a sting, and plenty of effect. "You fight well. Hopefully this is the last fight of our voyage, but in the likely case it is not, it is good to know one of your skill is aboard." At that, he raised a jerking, twitching hand to his head, readjusting the helmet to its proper position, then tapping the side of it.

"Colonel, this is Ovechkin. Our portion of the boarders are neutralized. All three of us were hit with stun rounds, but should be fine within a few hours. Send medical and security when you can, we have five prisoners, two in need of medical attention. We also have an abnormal Engi carcass I believe both medical and scientific staff will be interested in."

Edited by Necro
baltimore_ravens.png

OOC just reminding everybody they exist

IC Vincent

Vincent stood on standby in the engine room. If something happened and Devas needed him to fix it, he'd be there.

IC Geburah

Geburah continued spamming the comm line while watching the incoming data of the pirate ship as well as the situation onboard the Kestrel. The pirate ship had almost been disabled, and the number of boarders was fast dwindling. Unless they pulled something out from the ether, the Kestrel was safe. Unless the pirates self-destructed before they could make the jump...

IC:

Can was planning on not getting close to it, but he supposed Kel's solution worked. Of course, when Nicole knocked him into the bulkhead on the way to her panicking yell, Can sighed and shifted his left arm. "Bridge, Skinter here. I think Sarany's having another episode. Should I go after her?"

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: Nicole took a few minutes to herself as she caught her breath. "Stay calm," she muttered to herself. "Just clam down. It was probably nothing. Maybe it was just your mind, or there's a perfectly good explanation."

Her mind evidently did not believe her attempts to rationalize what she saw, but slowly and cautiously she stood, and began to work her way back to the medbay.

IC:

Can was about to make some sort of comment to Nicole, certainly rude and probably offensive to the mentally ill in general, but bit back his tongue and stepped to the side, letting Nicole walk into the Medbay without comment.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC:

"One of Zhanar's ferrets got it." Can said, giving Ashley an odd glance.

-Rover

IC:

"I'll stay here then. With any lu-why am I talking about luck. Computer, status on boarders?" When Can shifted what he was saying to ask the computer a question, his mannerisms also changed, and he looked into the middle distance rather than at anyone. He was at least finding the computer useful, though he was certain a computer could be programmed to do this without making it "intelligent"

-Rover

IC:

"Might be sensible. Especially given..." Can trailed off, not sure how to phrase what he was going to say.

-Rover

IC [The Computer]

"Internal sensors have recovered, Captain Harken is currently engaging the remaining boarder. I have successfully overridden the bulkheads, a security detail should be there shortly to assist."

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Alive, though in what condition exactly, I don't know." She switched the comms. "Haul them to the hanger, Mr. Ovechkin. Keep the Engi carcass though, I'm sure the Engi government would like to have such a creation returned to them."

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

The woman had walked off the bridge, cringing at the bloody mess on the floor involving a Mantis and a Rockman, and walked into the medbay, giving a quick glance around.

"Doctor, status of your two patients?"

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Nicole turned in surprise as the Colonel addressed her. "Both patients are stable," she reported. "Though neither one is fit for duty. Ashley lost a lot of blood and is in the middle of a transfusion. Can on the other hand has a broken arm and severe burns. He'll need time for the arm to recover and the computer to put together an appropriate skin graft."

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"For once, I'd like to go a jump without someone getting put out of action. Run a physical on Landes, make sure there hasn't been any head trauma or such. I want her back in fighting shape within three days, her presence was missed out on the battlefield. Same time frame for Skinter." With that, the Colonel walked out, her pistols drawn as she began heading down to see how the fight between Harken and the Rockman was progressing.

voidstars.png

IC (Ameli)

Ameli, freed from the grasp of the Rockman, scrambled to pick up a dagger thrown across the corridor by one of the fallen pirates. She'd never seen the point of reintroducing melee weapons herself, in a world of tanks, rapid-fire ranged weapons and drone strikes it just seemed superflous and pointless. Not to say a knife didn't come in handy in the jungle, but in the chaos of the battlefield she'd more or less assumed they were worthless. The fact Harken was in an armlock with a hulking Rock and she couldn't well fire into the melee had changed her prespective somewhat.

So it was, a few seconds later, that a somewhat discontent Vendarian leaped onto the back of the hulking xeno and attempted to stab it in the eyes with a stolen dagger.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"It's been possessed by an evil spirit." Can quipped. "We're going to call a priest at the next station so he can exorcise it." Chuckling to himself, Can sat down on one of the chairs in medbay(since he didn't really warrant a sick table) and pulled up his computer's holographic display; he had intended to check on the status of the boarders, but the teleport officer had limited access to the security system. Instead, Can glanced over at Nicole as she looked over Ashley and, curiously, brought up a medical manual's procedure on checking for brain damage.

-Rover

Kenshin Harken

IC: Seeing Ameli move up behind the Rockman with the knife Harken quickly made a guess at her goal and acted. Drawing his head back almost like a snake he slammed his armored forehead in to the Rockman's nose, causing it's head to snap backwards from the force and pain.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: "Acknowledged." The Rockman replied. With a tap, he switched the earpiece off, then bent down, lifting the massive Engi body over his shoulders. "I will take this and the two injured. Please take the three that are stunned to the hangar." He fired a handful of stun shots into the injured pirates - both to help numb the pain and ensure no surprise attacks on the walk over - then picked them both up, dragging them as he walked out of the bulkhead and towards the hangar.

baltimore_ravens.png

IC:

"Twice, that's why Nicole gave me a shot, to put it to sleep." One had to wonder if Can considered lying to children fun.

-Rover

IC [Rockman pirate]

The Rockman's fate was unceremonious and very bloody; headbutted and stabbed in the eye, it thrashed about as the Vendarian continued to jab inward towards the brain, until both eyes were gone and the creature fell backwards, unable to cope with the botched lobotomy anymore. This did have the unfortunate effect of several hundred pounds of Rock falling on Halik; her reflexes were deft, but her boot was still caught, crushing her foot until Harken pulled the mass off. Probably need some micro-surgery.

The bulkheads slid open to reveal the Colonel, and a wounded Spaceman Taylor being hauled off. Looking around at the mess, Ojeda raised an eyebrow. "Harken, in the future, we should install bolts on our airlocks. You know, just buy a steel bar or something, stick it in there, keep people from coming in unless we want them to. Injuries?"

voidstars.png

Kenshin Harken

IC: "The Adviser here seems to have a broken foot and I see you already found Spaceman Taylor. Aside from a few minor repairs that might be needed to my suit I am unharmed."

The lights in the section came back on, illuminating the smoke and bodies of the pirates in varying states of unconsciousness or death.

"The three human pirates are all dead from plasma rounds and the rather bloody Rockman over there was killed via knife to the brain through the ocular cavity. The last Rockman seems to have passed out from the pain after keeping me from stabbing him using only his bare hands. Regardless of his life choices I must admit, I admire anyone able to pull off a feat like that if for no other reason than the mental fortitude it takes."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"Right. I'll need to work up a demerit list, figure out who deserves to scrub this mess up. If you would please, get Halik to medbay and then haul these corpses to the hanger to be spaced with the rest of their comrades." The Colonel grimanced. "Hopefully our next jump is less eventful."

voidstars.png

IC (Ameli)

Ameli, who was currently sagging against a wall and rather pointedly avoiding moving her injured foot in any manner whatsoever, nodded at the Colonels comment. "At this point, we would have to come face to face with a planet-sized elder god for things to be-" Ameli suddenly stopped speaking, cut off by a spasm of pain working it's way up her leg. "T-thats not good. I think."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

"You know what you've done, Adviser? I'm going to have to keep these two Rockman in the mess freezer, just in case I need to thaw one out next jump as a sacrificial offering, all because some wise-cracking Vendarian thought it'd be a good idea to tempt the Lord and make Him have some Rock god try to eat our ship." The Colonel raised an eyebrow. "Laser surgery should get your foot back in working order. Worst case scenario, we have to give you a new one."

voidstars.png

Kenshin Harken

IC: With a good natured chuckle Kenshin moved over to the wincing Verandian and pulled one of her arms across his shoulder while putting his other arm around her waist.

"Come on, let's get you to the doctors."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Can sighed loudly and looked directly into the "camera", wondering when the Colonel would sound the all clear.

-Rover

IC:

When the ball of yarn bounced off Can's head and rolled out the door, where it was promptly chased by a roving ferret, that was finally enough to break Can's serious demeanor, and he started laughing, giving up on being the serious guy for a bit and just laughing at the fact that a loopy drugged catgirl threw yarn at his face.

-Rover

IC (Ameli)

Ameli stared blankly for a moment, wondering what the Colonel was referencing. "Oh. Christianity. I took a class on that." She mumbled absent mindedly. Most of the citizens into that sort of thing in her home city had followed the creed of Buddhism. She took a hesitant step forward on her good foot, more or less relying on Harken for much of the support needed to keep her upright. She blinked a few times, clearly not operating at her best. "Right. Doctor. Sounds good."

IC [Colonel Ojeda]

Four days later...

The collective crew of the Kestrel, minus the pilot, stood in the hanger bay, huddled around a central holoprojector the Colonel had wheeled out. It was a rare sight to see everyone awake on the same shift, but the times called for it. The Colonel appeared through the crowd, walking up to the projecter, Major Daniels by her side. She gave a quick glance around, then tapped the table, the lights dimming and the projector coming on.

"As some of you are aware," she began, "we have entered orbit around the fourth planet in this solar system. The reason for this is that we've picked up an old Confederate transponder, an outdated model that hasn't been used for nearly thirty years. It's coming from what appears to be an abandoned facility," the map appeared on the projection, "presumably some sort of old research outpost. More importantly, though, there's lifesigns; seven human, three Engi. We've also picked up an FTL crystal stockpile, something we could dearly use on this mission." The projection zoomed out, revealing an open plateau and some surrounding mountains. "The climate of this planet is temperate, but we've been picking up anomalous lifesigns in the forests. The computer says they're sleeping, meaning that we shouldn't be in any danger during the day. Due to the amount of the complex we need to cover, and the amount of material we need to move, the Kestrel will be making an atmospheric landing. Major Walker, you, Spaceman Landes, and Warrant Deuce will be running cover for the Kestrel while she's grounded. If we have any Mantis company, I want to actually be able to leave the planet in one piece.

"The ground team will be split into four groups: Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto. Group Io, you'll be headed by Captain Harken, with Spaceman Errogaven and Spaceman Taylor accompanying. You'll be searching the inner room of the facility; we've detected anomalous readings, what looks like a mining shaft. It may lead to an underground facility, so be thorough for any entrances. Group Europa, you'll be headed by Captain Sindorin, with Spaceman Geist and Spaceman Au accompanying. You'll be handing the transfer of FTL crystals in the south section of the facility. Group Ganymede will be headed by Lieutenant Skinter, with Sergeant Kharon, Spaceman Kelezagg, and Mr. Souper accompanying. You'll be looking for the lifesigns, in the north-west portion of the facility. Group Callisto will be headed by Major Daniels, with Captain Overchkin, Adviser Halik, Lieutenant Sarany, and Spaceman Liu accompanying. You'll be investigating an external communications station, try and figure out what the last broadcast these people sent out was.

"You'll all be riding in on the half-track, but it'll be making frequent trips back to haul the FTL crystals. A map of the complex has been uploaded to all your visor profiles, and your weapons are ready in the armory. Any questions?"

OOC

A little idea of what the complex is shaped like.

Edited by Engineer Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png