Are Tridax and Teridax alive ?

I don't know if this was asked before, but I would like to know.

If I recall well, Greg said that all the Red Star needed to revive someone was "something left to work with".

We know that the 2008 Makuta are all dead and their body were destroyed.

However, Teridax's armor still existed on Mata-nui and Tridax body was not completly destroyed.

Is it possible that some versions of those may be alive on the red star as we speak ?

Maybe a version of them before they turned themselves into antidermis ?

Or was it stated that their transformation into antidermis makes them unrevivable ?

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

Teridax: no.

Tridax:

Soon after Antroz and his team left for Karda Nui, Tridax encountered Vezon, who had arrived on Destral at the behest of the Order of Mata Nui and had been captured by Rahkshi. He brought the half-Skakdi in for interrogation, and Vezon informed him of the Order's plans to sabotage Destral's teleportation device, and of the imminent attack on the island. The assault soon initiated, and Tridax left to release the army of Shadow Takanuva upon the attackers, followed by Vezon. Tridax attacked him and was showing Vezon his experiments when Tobduk and Mazeka broke into the chamber and hit Tridax with a Protosteel-eating Virus.
Tridax's armor was soon destroyed by the virus, leaving him a cloud of Antidermis. Tobduk then told the Makuta details of his own life, and took out a staff which blasted white-hot energy at Tridax, incinerating his Antidermis and killing the Makuta.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

"Antidermis" =/= "gaseous form of Makuta".

Makuta were always made of antidermis, and thus, always unrevivable. During their "evolution" (*cough*virus-induced self-mutation*cough*[/theoryplug]), they merely shifted from solid antidermis to gaseous antidermis, affording them a multitude of extra abilities, but also extra weaknesses.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that Tridax wasn't fully destroyed from; he was pretty explicitly incinerated, as fishers explained.

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

"No need," said Tridax. "I have only to release the Shadow Takanuva I have already made, and they will dispose of the attackers. And then I can go back to work in earnest. And then I can…"

Tridax stopped at the sound of crystal shattering. Startled, he let his Shadow power lapse. Vezon slumped to the ground, but not before he saw the Makuta looking at his arm in horror. Something was dissolving his armored gauntlet before his eyes, and his Antidermis was leaking out into the air. Two beings stepped out of the shadows. One was a Matoran, the other another species, very tall and very dangerous in appearance. He looked at the Makuta and laughed - a harsh and malicious sound.

Tobduk watched the last of the Makuta’s armor dissolve before the protosteel-eating virus. That left just his free floating antidermis to deal with. Meanwhile, the fortress of Destral continued to shake and crumble before the onslaught outside.

[...]

A beam of white-hot energy lanced from Tobduk’s staff. It struck the antidermis in mid-air, incinerating it in a matter of moments. Tobduk didn’t turn the weapon off until every last particle was gone.

I'm trying to find the exact Greg quote that confirmed Teridax's death - something about "retiring the character" - but I think it's pretty much common knowledge at this juncture.

• Upvote 1

Oh sorry. I didn't remember that Tridax armor was incinerated. For some reason, I thought is armor was injured and that is antidermis leaked out and that only is antidermis had been incinerated. Well, I guest we can close this topic then.

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

His armor wasn't incinerated; it was devoured by the protosteel-eating virus. It was his essence that was incinerated.

Still, even if his armor hadn't been destroyed, Tridax couldn't have been revived through it -- it was just armor, the same way your clothes are just clothes. Makuta armor was not part of their bodies, it was merely an artificial shell they built to contain their essence.

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

His armor wasn't incinerated; it was devoured by the protosteel-eating virus. It was his essence that was incinerated.

Still, even if his armor hadn't been destroyed, Tridax couldn't have been revived through it -- it was just armor, the same way your clothes are just clothes. Makuta armor was not part of their bodies, it was merely an artificial shell they built to contain their essence.

However, that's an interesting idea - what if a Makuta's armor carried some imprint of them, like how a Kanohi carried an imprint of its wearer?

Almost definitely impossible, just thinking aloud, so to speak.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Well, Icarax was killed permanently anyway -- if your atoms are scattered all across the known universe, I'd hardly expect the Kestora to be able to patch you up again. However, since he was of antidermic origin, he was never revivable in the first place. At least that's what Greg's saying.

-- Harlan Ellison

Well, I guess I'll close this. Basically -- Makuta were always antidermis (nowhere has it ever been stated otherwise; how the myth that they 'became antidermis' got started is confusing... but also irrelevant), and antidermis can't be revived on the Red Star. If people wonder about the other related things they may open new topics about them. :) As the topic question itself is answered...

Topic closed.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)