Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

Yes, regardless of how things turn out, I'll buy some of the new sets just for old time's sake, and to see what they're like.

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I sure hope that the Toa sets are fairly similar in size, specifically Tahu, Gail, Kopaka and Lewa. Im so used to seeing Pohatu and Onua in a shorter size (excluding Mistika Onua), so for them it wont really matter. :)

I just hope theres not a huge different in sizes and part variations.

From what we can tell currently it looks like Tahu, Kopaka and Onua might be larger then the rest but I'm not sure.

• Upvote 2

Yes, regardless of how things turn out, I'll buy some of the new sets just for old time's sake, and to see what they're like.

Yeah I will greatly support the line (if it comes out) :P

I just hope the sets are designed well out the box. I no longer own my old Bionicle stuff and I didn't collect Hero Factory, so I can't really make any alterations to things I dislike.

Yeah I hope they are well designed. I never really got many HF sets so I hope if theres something I dont like, which Im hoping there isnt, it can be easily modified.

@Trizzlers the Brain Attack sets used a new head with no face. It has axles on the mouth and sides and a clip on the top. I'd like to see that clip used in Bionicle (ex. to attach the hair to the back of a vortixx)

Potential  MOC idea maybe?

Yeah I will greatly support the line (if it comes out) :P

I just hope the sets are designed well out the box. I no longer own my old Bionicle stuff and I didn't collect Hero Factory, so I can't really make any alterations to things I dislike.

Yeah I hope they are well designed. I never really got many HF sets so I hope if theres something I dont like, which Im hoping there isnt, it can be easily modified.

I just really hope they cover the backs again like they have with recent sets because older hero factory sets had some very ugly flat looking backs.

I think I'll get Tahu and one of those defender sets first and see how much I like them.

• Upvote 2

I think I'll get Tahu and one of those defender sets first and see how much I like them.
I'll prolly go with Lewa (cause he is green), and prolly the Jungle Defender... And probably Kopaka, cause he's a Canadian now.

And probably get as much brown and blue as possible, cause that is what I have practically none of.

As for that head thing, I would like something skin to the metru faces, but it would also be nice to be able to attach Glatorian helmets to it. (So like those double heads, but with a face and an axle/pin combo front thingy on the face (like the Metru Faces))

• Upvote 2

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now

I'll prolly go with Lewa (cause he is green), and prolly the Jungle Defender... And probably Kopaka, cause he's a Canadian now.

And probably get as much brown and blue as possible, cause that is what I have practically none of.

As for that head thing, I would like something skin to the metru faces, but it would also be nice to be able to attach Glatorian helmets to it. (So like those double heads, but with a face and an axle/pin combo front thingy on the face (like the Metru Faces))

Good idea but I'm not sure if they would put they much effort to make a mold that has dual functioning add ons on it.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know where I can find pictures of any sets? It seems as though some members have already seen the upcoming wave, and I still wasn't sure if this was really a thing. :P

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

They're leaked, so they aren't meant to be discussed.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I'm sure that if the first wave of sets aren't that well liked/poorly designed, they'll be greatly improved upon with the next wave, just not as drastically as with Hero Factory's first time.

Yeah like for a second wave it would still keep the skeleton building system but maybe introduce more detailed bionicle looking armor and pieces  and maybe a different armour system other then the pin one.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see in the sets some way of differentiating between the organic characters: Agori, Glatorian, Barraki and Golden Being, and the biomechanical ones like Toa and the majority of the MU inhabitants. I suspect constructs like the Baterra and Marendar would be entirely mechanical, so I'd like them to be designed differently as well, assuming they all became sets.

I'd like to see in the sets some way of differentiating between the organic characters: Agori, Glatorian, Barraki and Golden Being, and the biomechanical ones like Toa and the majority of the MU inhabitants. I suspect constructs like the Baterra and Marendar would be entirely mechanical, so I'd like them to be designed differently as well, assuming they all became sets.

Yeah I agree, I think it would be pretty unique if we got organic looking parts so it would fit the story better and we could tell the difference between toa and glatorian.

I do recognise that it's probably too much to ask for, though...

Nothing is too much to ASK for, might be too much to receive, but no reason to not ASK for it, at least mentally.

But yeah, organics would be a great addition .

Edited by Heontris

Nothing is too much to ASK for, might be too much to receive, but no reason to not ASK for it, at least mentally.

The pieces wouldn't have to be rubber or anything special, they could just be regular pieces that look organic.

But I have a feeling Lego won't put in the time or effort to tailor the building system to the organic/mechanical differences in Bionicle. They'll probably just use the same thing for all of the sets.

The pieces wouldn't have to be rubber or anything special, they could just be regular pieces that look organic.
Oh my gosh... Rubber hands, rubber arms, rubber body, rubber legs, RUBBER EVERYTHING! :D

That would be hilarious, and would be so fun to squish.

SQUISH THE GLATORAN SCUM! -Skrall (one of them may have said it in their lives.)

Yes! I'd use the squishy red parts to make the nightmarish jelly monster Tren Krom!

• Upvote 1

The BZ Squishy! It can be the site's mascot!

Yes. Someone, go design it! (Yay I helped make what may end up as a monstrosity, or something awesome)

• Upvote 2

Will it be cute squishy, or ugly squishy?

(Seriously, we need to come up with a design for it sometime today/ tomorrow)

(Just to keep it "on topic")

Imagine a fully rubber Tuma, what if they gave us that to spite us?

Edited by Heontris

Well I'll get my microsoft piant out and try tocdesign these things

Excellent, I'll check on it tomorrow.

(BZSquishy OP)

I'm thinking of a jelly/blob combination of the Brain Attack parasites, the Barraki Squid ammo and nightmares, made out of 2015 rubber parts that may or may not actually exist.

The squishy can be the Hype Train mascot and wear our patented Mask of Hype.

Yes. That will make it perfect. (We will sculpt its likeness along the entirety of the train, so ALL newcomers and people not expecting it will be horrified.)

Wait... Aren't all three of us fused to the train? We'll need someone else to do that for us and Squishy.

We should see if we can convince LEGO to make a mask of Hype.

Edited by Heontris
  • Upvote 1

Squishy can be Omega Tahu's pet!

(and yes, I'm still fused to the top of the train, so I can't do it. That, and I have no artistic talent)

But yes, let's get LEGO in on this, or some custom mask-editor dude if we must.

New rubber parts would be excellent.

Edited by Heontris

I have a feeling Lego still wouldn't embrace the Hype Train even if we ran them over with it... Especially if we ran them over with it...

But if someone has the time and the talent, create artwork of the hype train with Omega Tahu at the controls, Squishy splattered all over the sides, GregF at the controls, and all of us fused to the roof, sides and undercarriage.

Don't forget all of the people running to catch up with us... And the Mask of Hype on the front...

• Upvote 1

I wonder if there is a great artist who is also a BIONICLE fan... Cause maybe they'd do a request of it... XP

Maybe if we were REALLY nice LEGO might draw up some art of it. Maybe sell it as artwork is we can get it and get it framed. XP

• Upvote 3

Oh, Vezpool has also joined me on the roof of the train, so we can't forget about him. 

• Upvote 1

I wonder if there is a great artist who is also a BIONICLE fan... Cause maybe they'd do a request of it... XP

Maybe if we were REALLY nice LEGO might draw up some art of it. Maybe sell it as artwork is we can get it and get it framed. XP

I sort of fit that description :P

Oh, Vezpool has also joined me on the roof of the train, so we can't forget about him. 

he's there to cut/deattach you from the roof of the train!

No, I think he's just lost. He's insane, and he has the Olmak fused to his face. Not a good combination. He has no idea where or when he is most of the time. And as for what he is, no one knows...

• Upvote 1