Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

I haven't looked either of these up in years since they were taken down, but did the Bionicle.com and Bioniclestory.com web addresses always link back to the Lego main site? I always thought they redirected me to a "this web page does not exist" page, but I could be wrong.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I haven't looked either of these up in years since they were taken down, but did the Bionicle.com and Bioniclestory.com web addresses always link back to the Lego main site? I always thought they redirected me to a "this web page does not exist" page, but I could be wrong.

From what I remember It's always linked me to the lego site.

• Upvote 1

From what I remember It's always linked me to the lego site.

Okay, maybe I was wrong. I tried searching them both now and they redirect to the main site, so you're probably right about it always having been that way. 

LEGO should focus very heavily on marketing, especially stuff like Youtube videos and teaser sites. The relaunch of a once mega-popular brand is a scenario just begging for extensive viral marketing.

And yes, by the gods, yes! That would be great. "Extensive viral marketing" has an excellent ring to it. I think that would be the perfect way for Bionicle to be reintroduced, by Lego embracing all of the multimedia outlets at its disposal. 

• Upvote 4

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

LEGO should focus very heavily on marketing, especially stuff like Youtube videos and teaser sites. The relaunch of a once mega-popular brand is a scenario just begging for extensive viral marketing.

I feel like the marketing was a lot lowered during 2009 which was a shame because it was trying to do something different. I hope lego brings back the marketing 2001-2008 had.

Okay, my search pane finally loaded after about 15 minutes. It still sent me to the HF page in the shop, but it hasn't loaded properly. It's all stuffed up and the images are stacked randomly down one of the margins. I'd say the site is still under maintenance.

I'll keep refreshing it until something different happens or the page loads properly. 

Sorry, I'm a little confused. Why are we discussing what the masks in the leaked images look like? I thought we weren't meant to be discussing leaks. And, to be honest, the quality of said image makes it incredibly difficult to discern exactly what some of the set's features actually look like. I don't think we have much choice but to wait until Lego shows us some genuine set images for next year. For all we know, the leaks might be preliminary images from months ago, and the real sets are going to look completely different. 

This is correct, as Windrider has said multiple times. Everyone needs to stop.

• Upvote 2

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Sorry, I'm a little confused. Why are we discussing what the masks in the leaked images look like? I thought we weren't meant to be discussing leaks. And, to be honest, the quality of said image makes it incredibly difficult to discern exactly what some of the set's features actually look like. I don't think we have much choice but to wait until Lego shows us some genuine set images for next year. For all we know, the leaks might be preliminary images from months ago, and the real sets are going to look completely different. 

Well, we aren't discussing leaks right now, we're discussing how Lego should market Bionicle in its return, and also the fact that the Lego website seems to be currently undergoing some kind of technical difficulties or an update of some description. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Well, we aren't discussing leaks right now, we're discussing how Lego should market Bionicle in its return, and also the fact that the Lego website seems to be currently undergoing some kind of technical difficulties or an update of some description. 

I edited a post from a few hours ago on the previous page. IT was fairly recent and I am really tiring quickly of having to keep making that point clear.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Well, we can't go much further with speculation...unless something happens soon, this topic will temporarily die or become a spam-fest until official images are released. The leaked images policy hurts topics by stunting discussion/speculation, and breeds spam. The hype train spam a few pages back has only occurred on here...haven't seen much hype train talk on the TFW2005 discussion. There's been some there, but not excessively like there has been here. Interesting to note that websites where there's no policy haven't had topics spammed quite as much. Surely that's not just a coincidence? But enough of that, no point in me ranting about something that probably won't ever change.

• Upvote 2

Well, we can't go much further with speculation...unless something happens soon, this topic will temporarily die or become a spam-fest until official images are released. The leaked images policy hurts topics by stunting discussion/speculation, and breeds spam. The hype train spam a few pages back has only occurred on here...haven't seen much hype train talk on the TFW2005 discussion. There's been some there, but not excessively like there has been here. Interesting to note that websites where there's no policy haven't had topics spammed quite as much. Surely that's not just a coincidence? But enough of that, no point in me ranting about something that probably won't ever change.

I completely agree with you. The leaks policy is somewhat frustrating, but there isn't much we can do about it. The Hype Train discussion has been derailed (I admit I carried on with that way too much, and for that I apologise), so there shouldn't be any spam of that nature anymore. For now, we just wait until more rumours crop up, but in the meantime, we can of course discuss what we'd like to see in the return.

EDIT: So far as I can tell, it's the actual Lego Shop part of the site that isn't loading properly at the moment. If you try searching for something on the main site, it doesn't load at all, or loads badly. If you search for the Lego Shop and try to open that, it does the same thing. So either the Lego shop is being updated, or it's having some kind of technical difficulty. I guess we'll just have to wait to find out if it means anything. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 2

I completely agree with you. The leaks policy is somewhat frustrating, but there isn't much we can do about it. The Hype Train discussion has been derailed (I admit I carried on with that way too much, and for that I apologise), so there shouldn't be any spam of that nature anymore. For now, we just wait until more rumours crop up, but in the meantime, we can of course discuss what we'd like to see in the return. 

Yeah I see that we need to respect Lego's policy's and such but they really hurt discussion especially since we have such fewer members then previous years.

• Upvote 2

Yeah I see that we need to respect Lego's policy's and such but they really hurt discussion especially since we have such fewer members then previous years.

Fewer members? I've seen a number of new people rejoin this community in the face of all of these rumours. I think there were a few people who said they've been following the site for ages but only decided to make accounts now. So yes, the leaks policy is impacting this topic in a negative way, but this topic has still brought a number of new people into the community. I guess we just have to make the best of what we have. 

• Upvote 1

I aired my grievances about the policy with administration. Because I agree that not even addressing leaks hinders discussion and interest. Fact of the matter is how BZP does its leak policy is not only how Lego wants us to do it, but also how Lego wants every site to do it.

And unfortunately we as a community get hurt when we play by the rules and other sites skirt by it passively.

• Upvote 7

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I aired my grievances about the policy with administration. Because I agree that not even addressing leaks hinders discussion and interest. Fact of the matter is how BZP does its leak policy is not only how Lego wants us to do it, but also how Lego wants every site to do it.

And unfortunately we as a community get hurt when we play by the rules and other sites skirt by it passively.

Very good point. Brickipedia and Brickset don't play by our rules, just to name a few I've been to recently. The forums on Lego.com even discuss the leaks (although any images posted get taken down by the moderators). They all get away with openly discussing them, which makes it easy for them, but a lot harder for us, especially since I like the community here; it's so much nicer than the ones on some of those other sites (no offence). The other forums have people who slam Bionicle, or Hero Factory instead of bothering to talk about the rumours, and they don't even try to use proper grammar. 

Little things, I know, but that's why I like BZ better. But, as you said, it's only hurting our community to obey the rules everyone else can break. I'd prefer to be able to discuss the leaks with a group of like-minded Bionicle fans than some of the haters and trolls I've encountered on some of the other sites. 

• Upvote 3

Fewer members? I've seen a number of new people rejoin this community in the face of all of these rumours. I think there were a few people who said they've been following the site for ages but only decided to make accounts now. So yes, the leaks policy is impacting this topic in a negative way, but this topic has still brought a number of new people into the community. I guess we just have to make the best of what we have. 

What I meant by fewer members was when Bionicle was still alive there could still be a good amount  to talk about when there was leaks because we still had more people discussing it.

Very good point. Brickipedia and Brickset don't play by our rules, just to name a few I've been to recently. The forums on Lego.com even discuss the leaks (although any images posted get taken down by the moderators). They all get away with openly discussing them, which makes it easy for them, but a lot harder for us, especially since I like the community here; it's so much nicer than the ones on some of those other sites (no offence). The other forums have people who slam Bionicle, or Hero Factory instead of bothering to talk about the rumours, and they don't even try to use proper grammar. 

Little things, I know, but that's why I like BZ better. But, as you said, it's only hurting our community to obey the rules everyone else can break. I'd prefer to be able to discuss the leaks with a group of like-minded Bionicle fans than some of the haters and trolls I've encountered on some of the other sites. 

That always kind of bothered me that lego doesn't care that people talk about leaks on their site but on a unoffical site everybody cares and obeys the rules.

• Upvote 5

What I meant by fewer members was when Bionicle was still alive there could still be a good amount  to talk about when there was leaks because we still had more people discussing it.

That's a fair point as well. I concede that you may be right. I wasn't here for the "good old days", so I wouldn't know, but I'll take your word for it. Hopefully when some new information turns up we can draw more people into this discussion. Until then, I guess we have to wait. And hope...

EDIT: Okay, anything you type into the search pane of Lego.com now loads, but it still loads all messed-up. I guess they aren't done with whatever's been going on yet...

ANOTHER EDIT: Yup, it's definately the shop: http://shop.lego.com/en-AU/

sitedown.jpg

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 1

I'm sure there is a middle ground that can be achieved with regards to the leak policy. While I think we should certainly respect LEGO's wishes in this matter regardless of what other sites may do, certainly we should at least be able to discuss some aspects of the leaks as long as we don't link to them or post images of them.

The fact of the matter is that if we frown upon even referring to leaks, topics such as these turn into massive festivals of spam instead of actual valid discussion, and that's a bad image.

• Upvote 4

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I'm sure there is a middle ground that can be achieved with regards to the leak policy. While I think we should certainly respect LEGO's wishes in this matter regardless of what other sites may do, certainly we should at least be able to discuss some aspects of the leaks as long as we don't link to them or post images of them.

The fact of the matter is that if we frown upon even referring to leaks, topics such as these turn into massive festivals of spam instead of actual valid discussion, and that's a bad image.

I know. This topic is for discussing rumours regarding Bionicle's return, and The-Leaks-That-Must-Not-Be-Mentioned/Named/Referenced/Discussed are part of those rumours, which makes it very difficult to actually stay on topic. Now, I'm not trying to slam the site's official policy, or start an argument with the admin, all I'm saying is that it's very frustrating being unable to discuss what this topic is here to discuss. 

EDIT: I just noticed this extra part on the downed Lego Shop site: The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. Now, I don't know about capacity problems, but I'm really hoping it's maintenance, perhaps upgrading the site and maybe, just maybe... adding the Bionicle 2015 sets? 

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 2

I know. This topic is for discussing rumours regarding Bionicle's return, and The-Leaks-That-Must-Not-Be-Mentioned/Named/Referenced/Discussed are part of those rumours, which makes it very difficult to actually stay on topic. Now, I'm not trying to slam the site's official policy, or start an argument with the admin, all I'm saying is that it's very frustrating being unable to discuss what this topic is here to discuss. 

EDIT: I just noticed this extra part on the downed Lego Shop site: The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. Now, I don't know about capacity problems, but I'm really hoping it's maintenance, perhaps upgrading the site and maybe, just maybe... adding the Bionicle 2015 sets? 

Please be teaser, Please be teaser. Maybe lego could reveal a new website before any new leaks come out?

• Upvote 3

Does anyone else remember this? 

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9242-a-short-announcement/?do=findComment&comment=526454

Everyone said it was a prank, but now I'm really wondering if this was true all along.

Did Greg ever say anything about this post on any other sites? Was this him, or a troll? 

• Upvote 1

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9242-a-short-announcement/?do=findComment&comment=526454

Everyone said it was a prank, but now I'm really wondering if this was true all along.

Did Greg ever say anything about this post on any other sites? Was this him, or a troll? 

Wow I didn't even know that happened.

Edit: I just read the bottom and it says that Black Six said it was a hacker so that sums it up. Cruel joke tho.

Edited by Trizzlers
  • Upvote 2

It did. Nothing more was ever really said, so everyone assumed it was a prank, so far as I know. but, if I remember correctly, I'm sure when I read that the first time, Greg's signature had been changed to say "Bionicle 2015", or something along those lines. This was why I took the leaks and rumors seriously right from the start, because they'd already been alluded to a year ago.

EDIT: Oh, okay, it was a hacker? Still, it would seem the hacker was right after all... The joke's on him. 

NEWS: The Lego site is working again; no sign of anything Bionicle related. Sorry guys, false alarm. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 2

It did. Nothing more was ever really said, so everyone assumed it was a prank, so far as I know. but, if I remember correctly, I'm sure when I read that the first time, Greg's signature had been changed to say "Bionicle 2015", or something along those lines. This was why I took the leaks and rumors seriously right from the start, because they'd already been alluded to a year ago.

EDIT: Oh, okay, it was a hacker? Still, it would seem the hacker was right after all... The joke's on him. 

NEWS: The Lego site is working again; no sign of anything Bionicle related. Sorry guys, false alarm. 

Yeah I just checked, Doesn't seem like anything changed

Edited by Trizzlers
  • Upvote 1

What I want to know more than anything else is what the new story is going to be like. I think there might already be a topic arguing whether it should be a continuation or a reboot, so I won't ask what would be preferable, so instead I'm going to ask this: if Lego changes things (skips tine, drops story arcs, cuts characters, etc.) what things wouldn't you want changed?

Basically, what details from the old Bionicle do you think should carry on into the new? 

Personally, I want them to keep TSO, and the remaining Barraki. They had an alliance, if I remember correctly, and they have the potential together to become a major antagonist force in the new series. I'd also like them to keep Vezon (Vezpool), because he's funny, and he lightened up a lot of the darker serials as well. Comedic value is always a great thing to hang onto. 

• Upvote 5

Can someone please try searching Bionicle on the Lego website again. I've tried three different search engines on my laptop, and none of them can load the page. I want to see if it's a glitch with my computer, or if they're actually updating the website or something.

i look it up daily, and keep getting hero factory

That's a fair point as well. I concede that you may be right. I wasn't here for the "good old days", so I wouldn't know, but I'll take your word for it. Hopefully when some new information turns up we can draw more people into this discussion. Until then, I guess we have to wait. And hope...

EDIT: Okay, anything you type into the search pane of Lego.com now loads, but it still loads all messed-up. I guess they aren't done with whatever's been going on yet...

sitedown.jpg

it works completey fine for me?

http://search-en.lego.com/?q=bionicle&cc=US  

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t35.0-12/10596984_741354129256171_892317819_o.jpg?oh=38a9a63391e0592aa79f591149d36117&oe=53E0EA94&__gda__=1407265353_8f79a73c8c1458ea6182bf4437dcb32e

The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

• Upvote 1

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

sitedown.jpg

it works completey fine for me?

http://search-en.lego.com/?q=bionicle&cc=US

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t35.0-12/10596984_741354129256171_892317819_o.jpg?oh=38a9a63391e0592aa79f591149d36117&oe=53E0EA94&__gda__=1407265353_8f79a73c8c1458ea6182bf4437dcb32e

Sorry, you're a bit late to the party. This happened earlier today, and we all kind of hoped the site was being updated with something Bionicle-y in nature.

Unfortunately, the site is now back online, and there's nothing new to be seen. False alarm, sorry for wasting everyone's time.  

[removed]

Edited by Makaru
leak discussion

Chima couldn't get away with it in January 2013 (at least not to me) but it will get fans who remember BIONICLE hyped and younger kids intrigued.

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

Here's my latest thoughts on this issue:

A: whoever hacked Greg's account back in 2013 knew of discussions of Bionicle's return.  A double-pronged prank, because no one believed them, and it turns out they were right all along

B: A triple-pronged prank; the hacker made the faked images of Bionicle in 2015.  They've then managed to fool us with the same thing twice, which is awesome.

Also, Meiko's post back in 2013 implied he knew said hacker.  Does anyone still know said person and can confirm or deny these ideas?  Or did anyone ever know him/her?

~W.12.~

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

That would be me.

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

Hey guys, let's cut back on the long chain of quotes, it's getting obnoxious.

I have a friend who works at legoland, and he claims to know a few higher-ups that know about future sets, and has heard nothing about the return of bionicle yet. I'm not sure if they would know, or if they would even tell him if they did. Either way, I'll pass on any news I hear.

• Upvote 1

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Quick question - while we have now been directly asked not to discuss the Hype Train, are we allowed to post creations that are Hype Train-based, in addition to something not useless?

Also, in regards to the leaked policy thing - we've asked and been answered. There's no point in continuing to push for an adjustment. LEGO says no leak discussion whatsoever, BZPower conforms to this wholeheartedly. End of story.

I want to see a new launcher - not the thornax or revamped zamors, but something completely new!

EDIT: Just realized we're kinda getting new blasters anyways... derrrrrrr...

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Here's my latest thoughts on this issue:

A: whoever hacked Greg's account back in 2013 knew of discussions of Bionicle's return.  A double-pronged prank, because no one believed them, and it turns out they were right all along

B: A triple-pronged prank; the hacker made the faked images of Bionicle in 2015.  They've then managed to fool us with the same thing twice, which is awesome.

Also, Meiko's post back in 2013 implied he knew said hacker.  Does anyone still know said person and can confirm or deny these ideas?  Or did anyone ever know him/her?

~W.12.~

It just seems werid me that nobody really discussed it because I didn't find out till yesterday, maybe because there was fewer members and everyone just knew it was a hack but thats still strange.

Greg continues to stop the hype train over at LMB......

cmacd1001 wrote:
Greg, i'm a TTV ( thethreevirtues) fan, and they've been on the hype train for weeks about Bionicle's return. They interviewed you a while ago, and I was wondering if you knew about it' s return durring the interview. And, if so, how hard it was to keep the secret. 
If they are on a hype train, they got on board by themselves, and so far as I know there has yet to be any evidence it is anything but hype.
  • Upvote 1

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351