How did Zamor Spheres enslave matoran?

It recently occurred to me that I don't really know how Teridax's Antidermis controlled the matoran... Was it Teridax himself possessing them, or was it a side effect of exposure to Antidermis? Or was it just something I missed entirely?

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Rather sure that Antidermis affects species in different ways - see the Matoran consciousness being overrun and enslaved by it, while Brutaka's species had the opposite effect of being strengthened and having their own consciousness amplified.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

It probably worked similarly to how Makuta's infected masks controlled the Rahi on Mata Nui, if I had to guess. Maybe Makuta contaminated those masks with Antidermis? I don't remember the infected masks ever being explained either, and it sounds likely to me that it was basically the same deal. Just regular old mind control? What Tyler said makes sense to me :)

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

According to Biosector01, the Antidermis inside the Zamor Spheres does not truly enslave Matoran, rather it makes them more susceptible to suggestion. And Tyler is right in that it apparently has different effects on other species, as it gave Brutaka immense physical strength. Ironically, the Antidermis merged with/took over Brutaka's mind as opposed to that of the Matoran, but that may have been due to the fact that Brutaka was exposed to a lot more Antidermis than any of the Matoran (via falling into a whole pool of it). Teridax himself never had mental contact with Brutaka, but thanks to the merger with the Antidermis, the latter was privy to information the Makuta had long forgotten.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

It probably worked similarly to how Makuta's infected masks controlled the Rahi on Mata Nui, if I had to guess. Maybe Makuta contaminated those masks with Antidermis? I don't remember the infected masks ever being explained either, and it sounds likely to me that it was basically the same deal. Just regular old mind control? What Tyler said makes sense to me :)

Infected masks were made that way when Kraata touch them. So, technically yes they are "contaminated" with Makuta essence because that's literally what Kraata are, solid sentient antidermis. :)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

According to Biosector01, the Antidermis inside the Zamor Spheres does not truly enslave Matoran, rather it makes them more susceptible to suggestion. And Tyler is right in that it apparently has different effects on other species, as it gave Brutaka immense physical strength. Ironically, the Antidermis merged with/took over Brutaka's mind as opposed to that of the Matoran, but that may have been due to the fact that Brutaka was exposed to a lot more Antidermis than any of the Matoran (via falling into a whole pool of it). Teridax himself never had mental contact with Brutaka, but thanks to the merger with the Antidermis, the latter was privy to information the Makuta had long forgotten.

Silverglass is right, the Voya Nui Matoran were obedient but to whoever talked to them, since the Piraka were the ones giving them orders the Matoran did what they said, the Toa Inika could have told them: "stop!" and the Matoran would have done it.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Piraka could've ordered the Matoran to only obey them.

The Nerd With a Mouth. The Klingon-Speaking Comedian. The Guy Hoping Not To Get Sued By Marvel. The Guy Who Makes Jokes About Bad Creepypasta Stories. The Guy Who Also Writes About The Truth of BIONICLE...sort of.
Vezpool for president 2016

4352268.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

When Makuta comes, Matorans OBEYS Makuta's Will.

Its that easy.

Man, Sar, what the heck are you on about?

That's a possibility. It seemed that the remaining matoran didn't have much luck with making them stop, (I'm sure they tried at least...)

I think they did. Don't remember the exact scene or context though.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

That's a possibility. It seemed that the remaining matoran didn't have much luck with making them stop, (I'm sure they tried at least...)

Well I know for a fact that Dalu stated to Hahli that "well we could just ask them to stop being slaves to the Piraka, but I don't think that that would be very successful" which implies that they might have tried once or twice and failed miserably. Plus even before the Toa showed up, they ran into Dezalk, the first matoran to be enslaved, and they interacted with him a bit, and they couldn't prevent him from fulfilling his orders.

Formerly Iron_Man5

Well I know for a fact that Dalu stated to Hahli that "well we could just ask them to stop being slaves to the Piraka, but I don't think that that would be very successful" which implies that they might have tried once or twice and failed miserably. Plus even before the Toa showed up, they ran into Dezalk, the first matoran to be enslaved, and they interacted with him a bit, and they couldn't prevent him from fulfilling his orders.

Perhaps a Zamor sphere creates a sort of void/blank-slate within the victim's mind, and whatever instructions (prime directive) he receives directly after being hit simply cancels out all else. It probably just depends on who gets to the victim first and what kind of instructions are given (had the Toa/free Matoran reached them first, they could have told the enslaved ones to just go wait somewhere safe until they could fix everything). After that, anything else is just mentally blocked out.

I wonder, though, if they would be open to new instructions upon completion of the initial directive...

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Perhaps a Zamor sphere creates a sort of void/blank-slate within the victim's mind, and whatever instructions (prime directive) he receives directly after being hit simply cancels out all else. It probably just depends on who gets to the victim first and what kind of instructions are given (had the Toa/free Matoran reached them first, they could have told the enslaved ones to just go wait somewhere safe until they could fix everything). After that, anything else is just mentally blocked out.

I wonder, though, if they would be open to new instructions upon completion of the initial directive...

I think so. When Zaktan and Reidak were "experimenting" with Dezalk, Zaktan gave him a series of orders and the matoran promptly completed them all. Whenever he finished, he just stood there waiting for the next order. So... if Reidak were to order him to do something, he would probably obey Reidak instead of Zaktan. Maybe it's just that the "empty volcano" order was so long and tedious that when the free matoran tried to stop them, they weren't done, so they were ignored.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Iron_Man5