The Elder Scrolls

And just so you know, 'never been done before' =/= good. It's never been done before for a reason. Because it's not what the people want.

Am I the only one who thinks that 'never been done before' means that it hasn't actually been done before? And not because people don't want it?How exactly do people know if its not what they want without it actually being created?Although PvP Arena has been created.In WoW.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

And just so you know, 'never been done before' =/= good. It's never been done before for a reason. Because it's not what the people want.

Am I the only one who thinks that 'never been done before' means that it hasn't actually been done before? And not because people don't want it?How exactly do people know if its not what they want without it actually being created?Although PvP Arena has been created.In WoW.
And Guild Wars.(So close to GW2 now!)But back on topic.People know what they want and don't want without it being there. We know we don't want a disease to wipe out the human race (well, most of us don't - if you do, stay away from me). We don't need to have that disease to show it's a bad thing.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

You ever tried learning a new language. Not because you had to, not because you thought the people who spoke it were cool, not because you wanted to cuss somebody out without them knowing? Just learning a language without any measurable motivation?

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Meh, used console commands and a moderator modification to fix followers already.Of course, that didn't stop Lydia from showing up at the marriage in full ebony armor and just walk out on me as soon as the short ceremony was finished. Once outside, she was nowhere to be found until I fast-traveled to Riften. Boom, dragon attack. And there she is, in what I presumed to be her wedding dress (never seen that dress before, at least), shooting arrows at the Frost Dragon with her default bow. Note that I also have Deadly Dragons installed, so that did about as much damage as spitting at it. Killed the dragon eventually (thankfully followers had been set to essential, or else Lydia would be dead after a few seconds like the guardsmen that attacked along with her) and she's suddenly happy to follow me again. I traded a piece of equipment with her and she's back in her armor like usual.Only difference is that now she cooks food for me and just hands me money now and then after magically running a shop I don't even know where is ( :biggrin:). I dunno, it's like gender politics have gone back to-- oh wait, middle ages. Never mind. :lol:EDIT: Why, oh why, does the word filter forbid the short term for "modification"? I don't always mean "moderator", sheez!

Edited by Katuko

Meh, used console commands and a moderator modification to fix followers already.Of course, that didn't stop Lydia from showing up at the marriage in full ebony armor and just walk out on me as soon as the short ceremony was finished. Once outside, she was nowhere to be found until I fast-traveled to Riften. Boom, dragon attack. And there she is, in what I presumed to be her wedding dress (never seen that dress before, at least), shooting arrows at the Frost Dragon with her default bow. Note that I also have Deadly Dragons installed, so that did about as much damage as spitting at it. Killed the dragon eventually (thankfully followers had been set to essential, or else Lydia would be dead after a few seconds like the guardsmen that attacked along with her) and she's suddenly happy to follow me again. I traded a piece of equipment with her and she's back in her armor like usual.Only difference is that now she cooks food for me and just hands me money now and then after magically running a shop I don't even know where is ( :biggrin:). I dunno, it's like gender politics have gone back to-- oh wait, middle ages. Never mind. :lol:EDIT: Why, oh why, does the word filter forbid the short term for "modification"? I don't always mean "moderator", sheez!

Your house. She goes there and sells stuff. Edited by Jl1223 X

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Appearantly the filter has to do w/ another forum of some sort. Not entirely sure.Wait, question: how do patches work for consoles? Are they auto-downloaded, or do you have to fund them on XBL or something and download them a la a DLC?Also am I the only one who really wants slavery to be in a modification and/or future game? Like, you could get captured by slavers (Obviously, they'd need to be on the level of bandit chiefs/bounty collectors, otherwise they'd be unable to stand a chance) and then work in a farm or something similar? And then if you escaped, that would count as a felony and guards/ Bounty collectors would attempt to capture you unless you had enough money to buy yourself into freedom?IMO that would be awesome. Also, as I don't have master level conjuration spells, I need this answered:If you go to a Dragon lair you've already cleared and kill the Respawned Dragon, then it won't give you a soul. If it does that, its body will still be intact. At that point, can you ressurect it using Dead Thrall?

Edited by Field Marshal Rakmon

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

Ah, sorry, I'm so used to the modding community that I forget not everyone uses the same expression.

By association with vanilla as the "plain" flavour of ice cream: the standard, plain, default, unmodified, basic.

So yeah, in this case "vanilla" refers to the standard game without any mods installed.What I meant by Lydia's shop is this: While your potential spouses usually go into a standard "shopkeeper cycle" as long as they are staying at your home; Lydia has been traveling with me, 24/7, so how she manages to run a shop at the same time is beyond me. :P

Patch 1.4 caused major lag in certain menus for me. If 1.5 doesn't fix it, I'm gonna call Bethesda and...I'll just ask them how to fix it, and if I don't get an answer I will go berserker rage mode on them.Not really, but I'd kinda like to...

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

So, anybody tried the Dragonbone weapons moderator? Not the ###### one that recolors ancient Nord/Orcish weapons, the one that adds awesome new skins & models, actually looking like they're made of Dragon bones? Because that is awesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesome

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

Yep, one of the first ones I downloaded. They're really awesome. Always wondered why Bethesda made Dragon bone/scale armor but no Dragon weapons.Some of the other ones I have are no more blocky faces, since that drove me nuts on the people noses, new Midas spells, a Daedric armor "royal" retexture that way improves the armor, and a couple little things, like minor graphical fixes and one that removes the "essential" tag on Imperial and Stormcloak generals. Kinda dumb that they tell you at the end of the civil war to disrupt any enemy camps left, but you can't actually kill the generals in said camps.Also, I HIGHLY recommend Sounds of Skyrim. Adds ambient sounds to the game and it's awesome. So far he's only got files for the wilderness and dungeons, but he's working on populated sounds. I especially like the dungeons one, adds some creepy moans and such to Nordic/undead filled ruins, and spooky Falmer howls and screeches to their caves and ruins.

rahkshi_symbol.png

bow chicka wow wowHaven't gotten married yet. I know I really should, then we can live long into our thirties together, but I just haven't met the right girl, you know?

Just do what all of my friends did and marry Elisif after doing the Civil War quest for the Imperials. Then promptly be confused as to why she stays at your house instead of the Blue palace and opens a shop to get money instead of taxing her people. :lol: Edited by Field Marshal Rakmon

I married Ysolda. :PI got the newest patch. The kill cams for ranged take some getting used to, but they're pretty awesome when you pull it off.Also managed to kill a hawk in Solitude.Oh, and 100 Archery. Whoohoo

Edited by The Shouting God

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

I've just made an Argonian sword-shield combo as character number three. I can't help but be amazed at how well it works.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

YES. Dragon circling right above, it's clearly turning its head to look at me, but refuses to acknowledge me beyond that. Fire arrows, shout at it, and eventually just flies off into the mountains. Drives me up the freaking wall.You guys should check out Miracle of Sound. They've done songs based on Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Batman, etc. But they've done at least three songs I'm aware of about Skyrim and they sound really good.

rahkshi_symbol.png

You guys should check out Miracle of Sound. They've done songs based on Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Batman, etc. But they've done at least three songs I'm aware of about Skyrim and they sound really good.

Been there, done that, and I agree: Yes, the guy is awesome. :) It is just one guy, by the way, for the most part. He recently cooperated with Malukah for another Skyrim song, and she is definitely someone to check out as well. Her covers of The Dragonborn Comes and Age of Oppression gave me chills the first time I heard them.JI: If you've lost your follower, try fast-traveling back and forth a few times and see if they appear. If not, go to their given home and check if they have returned there. If they are truly gone, try using a console command to teleport them to your location (if they glitch off the map they may no longer respond to their usual code). If you do use the console, make sure to use "moveto" and not "placeat"; as the former teleports and the latter creates a clone. Edited by Katuko

You guys ever got bored and started using the console to do stupid stuff? I did. Spawned about 40 dwarven centurions all over Whiterun and Dragonsreach, activate god mode, unlock all spells.I was fire breathing and lightning storming the heck out of everyone.And it was glorious.

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

Did that in Fallout with Deathclaws and the glorious MIRV. Haven't done it in Skyrim yet. :)Side note: Fawkes is the most overpowered character in all of Fallout 3. He never, ever dies, and he has a gatling laser. I mean, a Super Mutant Behemoth or Overlord take one, maybe two Mini-Nukes to kill, and those are the two monsters with the most HP in the game. Fawkes, on the other hand? It takes plenty of MIRV shots (the MIRV, by the way, is basically a mini-nuke shotgun bazooka, as it fires 8 of them at once) at point-blank range before he finally dies. The only way to both get enough nukes and survive a single shot yourself is to activate god mode.I have yet to find his like in Skyrim, but if anyone knows of a ridiculously tough character I can pick a fight with... do tell.

Did that in Fallout with Deathclaws and the glorious MIRV. Haven't done it in Skyrim yet. :)Side note: Fawkes is the most overpowered character in all of Fallout 3. He never, ever dies, and he has a gatling laser. I mean, a Super Mutant Behemoth or Overlord take one, maybe two Mini-Nukes to kill, and those are the two monsters with the most HP in the game. Fawkes, on the other hand? It takes plenty of MIRV shots (the MIRV, by the way, is basically a mini-nuke shotgun bazooka, as it fires 8 of them at once) at point-blank range before he finally dies. The only way to both get enough nukes and survive a single shot yourself is to activate god mode.I have yet to find his like in Skyrim, but if anyone knows of a ridiculously tough character I can pick a fight with... do tell.

I think the idea was to not put one in Skyrim since he's so broken. I only really make him follow me around to carry stuff for me and eventually I just told him to wait in my house.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Yeah, I told him to leave once it became clear that he would only hog my EXP for himself, and that he sucked all the challenge out of the game. I brought him to the Citadel in the end, though, and spawned 50 or 100 Deathclaws around him. He survived, of course, even with their armor-piercing damage, so that's when I realized he simply has an insane amount of HP. Cue Experimental MIRV for some real experimenting.Closest I've gotten in Skyrim is Deadly Dragons and unlimited summons, to see how many Flame Atronachs it would take to kill a super-dragon.

Hm. Unfortunately there are no resurrection spells without mods, so in order to get your dead follower back without use of the console you must reload an earlier save. :/

Actually, if you can cast master Conjuration spells, you can use Dead thrall to resurrect a Dead anything permanently. Just, they only will use their normal armor. I'm currently having Ulfric Stormcloak follow me around everywhere, since he can shout and all, but he only has an armor rating of 6 so he dies constantly. Luckily, Dead Thrall doesn't reduce Corpses to ash when they die, so I can keep resurrecting him. Also, abut the other topic, (Somewhat related) I've equipped Mjoll the Lioness (a follower set to essential on vanilla) with Legendary Dragonplate Armor and Volendrung, and had her following me everywhere. She managed to kill Volsung by herself on Expert, and also killed a Draugr Death Overlord. Granted, both times I used Sanguine's Rose to summon a Dremora Marknyaz, but the Death Overlord killed it and it didn't attack Volsung (a Dragon priest BTW). So, yeah, Mjoll makes the game rather easy. I was considering switching to Master, but then a Frost-spitting Elder Dragon one-shotted me.

Hm. Unfortunately there are no resurrection spells without mods, so in order to get your dead follower back without use of the console you must reload an earlier save. :/

Actually, if you can cast master Conjuration spells, you can use Dead thrall to resurrect a Dead anything permanently.
But then they are a moaning, undead shell of their former selves; and as you say they can no longer give them customized armor or access things like their equipment or marriage dialogue. The food and money you get from that might not be much, but I must say that the feel (this is an RPG, after all) of having a follower is much different when you have a zombie rather than a "living, breathing" character.So yeah, I just made followers essential after having them die pointlessly to traps their refuse to avoid once to many times. There's also their suicidal charging into enemy-infested territory and one-on-one brawls with Giants. Most followers don't level all that far either, so they start lagging behind unless they are somehow fixed. It's not that I want an immortal killing machine to make things easy for me (they are too useless for that anyways), I just want a traveling cohort, if that makes sense. :)There was yet another spellmod that gave you a high-cost resurrection spell, but I never bothered with that. To go the Dungeons & Dragons route I should probably make my own custom one via the Creation Kit, though. Long casting time with a high gold or gem cost, to be exact. Then the problem still is that you would have to leave the body or be careful until you're at a high level, though. Possibly I could make a new kind of soul gem: "Follower". When your follower dies, their soul automatically gets stored in a gem (which you get upon recruiting them) which can later be used in a ritual to resurrect them.... Or I could just use the low-level resurrection spell, which puts them into "almost dead" mode when revived...So many options of modifications. This I why I love the PC version of these games. :P

Once I get that Master-level Conjuration spell (not anytime soon) I am so gonna revive Lydia when I find her......hottest zombie ever....Well...we'll see how it turns out. I have to find her body first, of course. Ooh, new topic! The history of our followers!The first follower of I, Alius Ramentuk the Argonian Dovahkiin, was Faendal. His fate is deceased, and branded a traitor for betraying me after I murdered some Imperial soldiers and a guard. He tried to kill me after that (I was very low level) and I beat him in the fight, slaying him because I had no choice. Lydia is M.I.A. Stenvar was M.I.A. until I found him alive and well, and recruited him into the Blades :) ! Erandur is M.I.A. (I was wandering the far north, where many snow bears were. I belive he was murdered by the local wildlife. I need to go search for his body...). The Dark Brotherhood Initiate is safe in the Sanctuary. Calder, my current follower, is alive and well, though I am going to kill him someday for his annoyingness...he's in the Blades also. Jordis the Sword Maiden is, you guessed it, in the Blades, and I never really had her follow me. Oh yeah, Brelyna Maryon I sacrificed for Boethiah's Calling. Heh heh.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."