Any one in North America have 2014 chi

Mr. Cup of Fail

So here a question to anyone in North America.

Do anyone have gotten the 2014 Chima Ultrabuild and how did you get it (bet some will say ebay and BZP :P )

With me I have gotten one of them that is the Chi Cragger and I gotten it on ebay (sadly I don't have a picture to show you because I took it apart but I do have a review of the set on my youtube channel)

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I have CHI Panthar, who I won from one of BZPower's set giveaways on YouTube.

I'd love to have CHI Cragger, who's one of my favorite new designs, but I don't want him badly enough to order one from overseas. Not when I still have plenty of Hero Factory and Ninjago sets from this year on my wish list. By the time I've finished getting everything on my wish list for this year, I'll have to start thinking about and saving up for next year's Ninjago and BIONICLE sets, and perhaps some brand-new themes as well.

I got all of them except for Mungus and Vardy at Amazon.co.uk. It wasn't all that expensive (though the fact that most of them are going to be Christmas presents helped me justify it to myself), and the international shipping was pretty fast, too. Overall, it's a route I'd recommend to any fellow Americans who really want these.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

I need something to keep me busy until Bionicle :(

Well I'm guessing you like The Hobbit, those sets are coming out in the middle of October apparently, so you could get those, I know I'm most likely going to get at least two of them!

I can't wait for the set with Galadriel, The Witch King and Elrond!

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

How do they compare to HF sets?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

How do they compare to HF sets?

It's a somewhat difficult comparison to make. It's worth noting that the sets are aimed at a younger audience than Hero Factory sets of the same size (the 20-euro sets are recommended for the same age range as 15-euro Hero Factory sets, and the 15-euro sets are recommended for the same age range as ten-euro Hero Factory sets). However, there aren't a lot of obvious differences in the build.

The Chima constraction sets have fewer pieces on average than similarly priced Hero Factory sets, though this is most noticeable for the 2014 sets, since there were no 15-euro Hero Factory sets in 2013. Instead, the mid-size Hero Factory sets that year were just 13 euros, and the difference in complexity between them and the more expensive Chima constraction sets was less pronounced. Just to compare, this year's 15-euro Legends of Chima constraction sets have between 49 and 68 pieces each, with an average of 59.6 pieces per set (slightly less than last year's average of 61.5 pieces per set). Conversely, this year's 15-euro Hero Factory sets have between 79 and 113 pieces each, with an average of 92.14 pieces per set. The difference in piece count between the 108-piece Splitter Beast (this year's only 20-euro Hero Factory set) and the 91-piece CHI Fluminox or 97-piece CHI Sir Fangar is not quite so pronounced, though.

As far as actual material quality is concerned, there's no major difference — they're both LEGO product lines, after all. The pre-assembled head pieces of the Chima constraction sets have rather limited versatility, as is to be expected, and I'm also not fond of the single-piece chest plates of this year's Legends of Chima sets, but I've seen some differing opinions on those. Both themes include lots of much more useful parts, including lots of interesting recolors in the Chima constraction sets.

Characters like this year's CHI Laval and CHI Cragger are very well-rounded figures, which was also one of the major advantages of last year's Chima constraction sets. Both have full armor plating including back armor and shoulder armor, many points of articulation including claws for CHI Laval and a tail for CHI Cragger, and beautiful and dynamic color schemes. Even though they have fewer pieces than last year's CHI Laval and CHI Cragger, they still feel like very definite upgrades. I'm not quite so fond of any of the new Chima character constraction sets for this year.

• 2 weeks later...