Spherus Magna Reborn Mocs

Iben

SMRSbzp.png

Currently I'm working on several MOCS for my own fanfic (see link above). In this topic, I'll show all the characters featured in the storyline.

These are modern Matoran living on the island of Mehri Nui. The male Ga-Matoran Aque and Se-Se, and the female Onu-Matoran Batu.

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/1725/305f24a3b1ba638e.png

As you can see for yourself, these are still wips and were taken with my IPhone with no decent lightning. Some parts are still missing, as you've probably noticed. Batu is missing her second Digger Glove, and some more purple pieces, while Aque still needs a replacement for the "armour" holder on his chest.

The colour schemes are based on taste, as I loved Onepu as an Onu-Matoran, so I wanted a purple-black one as well. The colours of the Ga-Matoran however are explained in the storyline. Aque and Se-Se are both Protodanium miners, which they mine underwater, but Se-Se doesn't spend a lot of his time doing his actual job, hence why his armour is still completely blue. Aque however, is a local town hero as he's the strongest of the Koro, and he spent a lot of time underwater, which resulted in rust discolouring his armour and Kanohi.

https://flic.kr/p/p27MPd

This is Efren, he's a male Bo-Matoran and leader of the Rahi-Squad. The Rahi-Squad consists of a group of Matoran who accompany travellers through Bo-Wahi, protecting them along the way.

https://flic.kr/p/pikzW4

Another picture of the male Ga-Matoran, Se-Se.

https://flic.kr/p/p28omY

https://flic.kr/p/p28zQD

https://flic.kr/p/p28omY

Here you have the Ar-Matoran, the Matoran of Sand. Known to be a bit "primitive", they're still one of the wisest and gentle Matoran on Mehri Nui. From left to right :
 1. Sabbu : a male Ar-Matoran. He's an archaeologist and is famous for discovering the ruins of an ancient Ko-Matoran village.
 2. Sulh : a female Ar-Matoran, she's an amazing glass-sculptress and designed the giant Chandelier located in the city of Onu-Koro. She has a fear of heights and is quite shy.
3.Brald : a male Ar-Matoran. Brald is one of the strongest of all Ar-Matoran and works as a construction worker. He helped building the castle of Turaga Macku in Ga-Koro.

https://flic.kr/p/p27MQq

And here's an early WIP of Batu's Toa form.

My aim in moccing is to keep things both simple and detailed. I often use custom torsos, but keep legs and arms to the original pieces ( as I love the Inaka legs for instance. ) I hope you'll enjoy the mocs that will feature here in the future, and I hope to have some decent pictures up sooner or later.

Thanks for watching,
-
Iben

• Upvote 4

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

Looks really good! I love your Matoran design. It's simple and effective, though the digger arms are a bit long. It's a great usage of HF limbs and reminds me of certain... images on the internet. ;)

Purple is one of those colors that's really hard to use in Bionicle, especially old purple, and you used it really well in Toa Batu. He's got some great bulk and some great shaping. What's the thing on his back though?

• Upvote 1

Looks really good! I love your Matoran design. It's simple and effective, though the digger arms are a bit long. It's a great usage of HF limbs and reminds me of certain... images on the internet. ;)

Haha, these were made before the first leaks arrived on the internet. My goal was to recreate the arm armour on the original Metru Nui Matoran and rebuilt Mata Nui Matoran as seen in MOL and LOMN, and the HF armour pieces were ideal for that. And from that I quickly went to searching for the ideal proportions for the legs and arms, which seem to be the proportions Lego used on their new sets.

Purple is one of those colors that's really hard to use in Bionicle, especially old purple, and you used it really well in Toa Batu. He's got some great bulk and some great shaping. What's the thing on his back though?

Just a kind of "enlarged" backpack kind of thingee xD The Matoran of Mehri Nui all have special Protodanium Backpacks, adjusted to their jobs and element type. The backpacks of the Onu-Matoran are much larger than those of most other Matoran, hence why her Toa form has a bigger back :P

Thanks for the kind words !

-Iben

Edited by Iben

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

Thanks guys ! This really means a lot to me. :)

@Banan Gunz: Yes indeed, the goal is to make a story arc consisting of 2-3 story waves, and possibly a spin-off regarding the history of the Turaga. However, at this point I'm updating it once again, as some elements were too close to Nova Orbis, which is something I want to avoid.

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

Thanks for all the positive remarks ! I'm surprised really, I didn't think most people would care about these. This really means a lot to me, I cannot stress that enough.

Anyway, a new update !

15414692256_f7ee5fb1a1_n.jpg --- 15437428982_aea93a5391_n.jpg

Enya (left) and Ilidrim (female), two Vo-Matoran. Both aren't finished yet, as they still require decent armour fittings ( but I haven't ordered those yet xD )

15437361122_2dca4d750b_n.jpg

Crelt is a male Su-Matoran. Just like many others of his kind, Crelt is a mask-forger in the city of Su-Metru. Over the years, the clean white armour of the Su-Matoran slowly darkened by the never-ending smoke the great Plasma Furnaces create. The Su-Matoran never bothered with cleaning them, as they quickly got all dirty again.

15414643606_fed41cbbf8_n.jpg --- 15251152377_69c20be3bf_n.jpg

Atasa, a female Ma-Matoran. I intend to swap her mask for a more "feminine" one later on, but this will do for now.

15251130368_fa3893053b_n.jpg --- 15251035890_fb3a8dee64_n.jpg

Tial, a great male Toa of Magma. He's the protector of Ma-Wahi, and has dual Magma Swords. The hooks can be de-attached. His powers over magma allow him to withstand the highest temperatures, to a point where he can swim in the magma surrounding Ma-Koro.

His legs and his overal torso needs tweaking, mostly the legs as they're just wips now. For the curious members, yes indeed, that actually is the Ben 10 Ultrabuild Torso :P

Now, what would a Bionicle island be without some Rahi ?

15251190047_65436740e6_n.jpg --- 15437747305_6973a7df09_n.jpg

The massive Manutri are peaceful giants. They tower above most Matoran and are extremely strong. The males have sharp claws which they use to fight each-other when mating season arrives.

This is a WIP remake of the Manutri. The legs bother me a lot, and I want to remake those from scratch. I'm just not satisfied with their look.

15414654476_8de6b4d7fd_n.jpg  ---- 15251118758_13df464da1_n.jpg

The Aquava are a primitive but sapient race of Rahi. They have a small culture and spent mos of their time fishing near the entrance of the Underwater city of Ga-Koro. It's theorized their ancestors were members of a mighty swarm of robotic insects.

Credit to Archinto for coming up with the brilliant idea of using the squid as fishes.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this update, I hope to show more in the future.  As always, bigger pictures can be found on Flickr. Thanks for watching and thanks for the amazing comments !

-Iben

• Upvote 1

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

• 2 months later...

It's been a while, but I "finished up" a few mocs recently. They're still a bit "work in progress", Constructive criticism is more than welcome. :)  All of these mocs are beings from an alternate universe, so certain things are different from the main canon.

15949165818_98d659d174.jpg | 15949177438_f860eb6e59_n.jpg | 16135862162_827db86be6_n.jpg

Takanuva, the Herald. Being a Toa, the Klakk-cure wasn't permanent, and quickly after the Reformation his body started to transform once again. With the help of the Grand Master, Takanuva has now regained control over his light/shadow powers, and has served him ever since.

Overal, I'm happy with the body, his upperlegs, shoulders, feet and back; but I still feel the need to redo his arms and legs. He's one of my favourite revamps I ever made, and I've been working on him for over a year now, constantly switching out stuff I didn't like. I'm currently looking for a nice weapon design that might fit him, but I'm having trouble finding one.

15950599129_9eb16acd60.jpg | 15949327100_5495c1b1e2.jpg | 15516908203_057dce3e83.jpg

Toa Se-Se, Master of Water. Brave and bold, Se-Se is a real troublemaker. Instead of waiting, he often rushes into situations without thinking, bringing his teammates in trouble more often than not.  He carries twin Spiked Aqua Blades and wears a blue Great Kanohi Sanok. His strong and heavy armour protects him against many of these unpredictable outbursts of action, but does slow him down, even when swimming.

I'm not finished with him yet, but my goal was to introduce a new style of Toa than we normally get when seeing Toa of Water. They're often female, slender and thing, while this one is male, heavily armoured and bulky, kinda inspired by those old big diver costumes. As these Matoran never saw Toa in there life, I figured I'd make their character influence their design, and as he's a "rush in without thinking" and "better be brave than sorry" type of guy, I figured he would need some kind of extra protection to keep him alive.

15516927653_21835054ae.jpg | 15949198508_08e2a69568.jpg

Giant Rapeka Crab, a large Rahi living in the underground world of Onu-Wahi. Descendants of the Ussal Crabs, these gentle giants are more bug-like and lack the big claws. Bred by the Onu-Matoran, they are praised for their strength and loyalty.

This one is honestly one of my favourites. I spend a few months on it, but now it's almost done. As you can see, there's a wheel at the back, which allows you to make the legs go up and down.

15949221718_48cf2337d7.jpg | 16136663055_c4ac6e169d.jpg | 16110868476_20ce5028f7.jpg

As I already showed her before, this is a revamp of Batu, a female Onu-Matoran. I updated the whole body design because I wanted them to be shorter than the other Matoran. I also changed the upperarms to the shorter arms because they indeed were too long last time.

15949160998_b5319271e9.jpg | 16134701501_6bafc6a6cd.jpg

And here's her Toa form. It's still not really updated since last time, but it offers a clearer view of her. The thing on her back is simply her backpack that has "transformed" along with her, and turned into a hunch. At this point it doesn't really have any function, but that might change in the future.

Well, thanks for watching, I hope you enjoyed these and I hope that I'll get some better shots in the future. Happy Newyears to everyone as well !

And here's the link to my Flickr for those who want to see bigger pictures. :)

-Iben

• Upvote 1

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."