Krana color shades

JungleSlizer

I have recently started to collect the Krana masks, but I'm kinda confused about the different shades of one colors, and I would like to get a some sort of explanation about them. :)

I know that there are two different purples, the lighter and darker ones, both of them are official, but then there is also the yellow ones, whats the difference between them?

I have also realized that there is two different types of the white ones too:

Whitekrana_zps519c9e0f.jpg

The left ones are more softer and pale. The right ones feel kinda harder plastic and they are more yellowish.

I would like to know which of the colors were released first.

There are two different shades of purple, you can barely see the difference in the yellow. But are the ones pictured white or light grey? Are they soft rubber or hard plastic? If they're hard plastic and light grey, I'd love to buy them all from you!

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

No, sorry, they are completely white, my camera just aren't perfect. :P They are both completely white kranas, but the right ones are clearly more yellowish and made from harder plastic. The left ones are more softer.

So does anyone have any idea why are there two kinds of the white Krana too? Did they change the plastic in the middle of production?

Edited by Raymanni

I've never noticed a difference in texture between rubber Krana pieces.  Is there any chance you could take a video comparing the flexibility between the two groups?

- :t: :l: :h:

I could do that, but I don't really know how to show that in a video very well. I showed the mask to my friends and I let them squeeze them, and they also said that the yellowish one feels a bit harder. Before I can say anything for sure, I have to buy more Za/Vu kranas and try to acquire the "harder" versions. Then I can compare two same kranas and it will be much easier to tell if they actually are harder.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I first saw this, for a few moments I was like :OMG: "YESSS I'VE FOUND THE GREY PLASTIC KRANA KAL!!!" Guess not. :P

But yeah, this is interesting. I saw this picture showing the 2 different purples and how they look under normal light & a blacklight:

light_purple_dark_purple_krana.jpg

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

When I first saw this, for a few moments I was like :OMG: "YESSS I'VE FOUND THE GREY PLASTIC KRANA KAL!!!" Guess not. :P

Even if you had, I don't think you're very likely to be able to outbid Mask Collector or TLH :P I'm still curious about those different shades of purple ones. Am interested in buying some if anyone has any of the non standard shade but it's hard to know eactly how to describe that non standard shade isn't it :s

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Even if you had, I don't think you're very likely to be able to outbid Mask Collector or TLH :P I'm still curious about those different shades of purple ones. Am interested in buying some if anyone has any of the non standard shade but it's hard to know eactly how to describe that non standard shade isn't it :s

Yeah, I wouldn't stand a chance. I'd love to see those 2 in an auction for one of those. :P Well, one looks pink under a blacklight and the other looks dark violet under a blacklight. Of course, most people don't have blacklights. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Of course, most people don't have blacklights. :P

And herein lies the problem :P Bricklink doesn't differentiate either and most people don't even know about them soooo. Not easy to find :(

cool! Can you tell them apart without the blacklight? As I guess maybe I do too in that case. Can't tell visually though and I'm sure it should be at least slightly noticeable as in pictures I've seen. If I can figure out which colour is abnormal would you sell me the different ones you have? :)

Yeah, from my experience it's tough to capture in a picture but the purples are very easy to tell apart by the naked eye. I have a set of each purple. Unless you have that x-linked color vision deficit that so many guys are plagued with... If you have troubles with it, maybe ask a girl, they tend to be better at it.

Looking for VMKK, GPKK, SSKK, and a gold Kanoka. PM if you have / know of any for sale!

Yeah, from my experience it's tough to capture in a picture but the purples are very easy to tell apart by the naked eye. I have a set of each purple. Unless you have that x-linked color vision deficit that so many guys are plagued with... If you have troubles with it, maybe ask a girl, they tend to be better at it.

Hey, I can tell colours fine!

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Either way I need a blacklight! Does anyone know which ones are less common? I think it's the light ones right? I'm hoping to pick up a huge lot of stuff next week and one of the pics does show one krana that's clearly a lighter purple so maybe it can be photographed?