Stupid Rubber Bands Of '01

Just A Dot

I hate the old rubber bands used on sets in 2001. I have NEVER USED my Nui-Rama, and I have found two rubber bands broken on them. And yes, there were new when I got them. The rubber sits there, drys out, cracks, and breaks, from very little stress. This worries a collector like me. Is there any way to preserve them better? Does any body else find them annoying?

i have had the same problem, and though i know no way of preserving them, i can recommend that you buy black hair rubber bands (i got mine from dollar general, they were 500 for a dollar, and they are exactly the same and come in various sizes and stretch far, but nothing bigger then ur thumb, and smaller then the diameter of a bionicle ball joint (how's that for a comparison) they're pluntey small enough, hope i helped (good idea with the bionibrawl thing :)

• Upvote 1

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Rubber bands from 2001 don't seem to have the same quality. Over time, inferior rubbers will dry and crack, simply from existing. However, rubber bands from 2002 onwards don't have this issue.As far as preserving them goes, I'm with banana92 - just get some somewhere.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Well after 10 years they are bound to dry out. Rubber contains oils within itself that help it work to stretch. When the oil dissipates over the years it dries and cracks especially if it is put in a way that it is stretched as it dries. This also causes it to tear. Like the person above me said, just buy new ones. Yeah it sucks for a collector but at least you can have fun with your bionicles.

Place them in a moist place. If you really want them perfect, give them a thin coating of veggie oil twice a year.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I've had that problem. And I can't even find anywhere to buy suitably-sized replacements - the bands on Muaka and Kane-Ra, for one, were incredibly small, and I have yet to see anywhere that sells them that small.

like i said, if u live near a beauty supply shop i assume (i'm a guy, so idk for sure, i got mine from dollar general) they have small black hair rubber bands, (or they did) and 500 of them for $1

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

Just double some new ones over themselves. They give an added snap to the functions, for a bonus.

Thanks man, my Pahrak looks twice as crazy for Kanohi after the add.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

my 2003 Bohrok-Kal one is still here and still stretching.

Well, the green rubber bands were of a different make/coating (possibly different rubber altogether) than the ones people own that have deteriorated.

~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."