Toa Hagah [Complete Customized Set]

jimmybob83

I just love how you make yourself sound like a martyr for doing a simple task like searching for parts (Dozens of shops? Seriously? That just sounds laughable) and buying them, it's not like BrickLink has a shortage of supplies or anything. (I buy from BrickLink and from what I saw, you don't need a dozen shops to get the parts you need) And other people have made their own versions of spines long before you just throwing it out there, it's not like you reinvented the wheel here. (So get off your high horse already.)Plus just gluing the parts there makes it too easy, you don't really have to worry about fitting one piece to another when you can just glue it, the only thing you put effort into is switching to a different piece to glue on the next Rahkshii back piece.

You've been warned about your poor behaviour before, and yet you continue. You're taking some time off to think about BZP's rules on respect.
  • Upvote 10
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Did somebody say paint?

I'm also a collector too, so don't be on a high horse about that, it doesn't make you anything special, and yes you are taking an existing thing since it's part of the actual Bionicle lore, which last time I checked you didn't create. I'm baffled that you think painting and gluing parts  is superior to actual imagination and effort of building something.

Going to be honest here, kind a dumb thing to say. While I'm all for purism and building within constraints, I don't get how painting doesn't use imagination or doesn't take effort (though I am a bit biased on that front). Seems like you need to get off your high horse yourself mister "actual imagination and effort".

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

im curious what program you used for the 3d printed masks as I was printing my own and you beat me to it! I am also curious if you dimensioned everything or just freehanded and if the mouth pegs fit on the face correctly. I like the curves as that's not easy to do. im not really sure the extent of how good you are at making these but it looks like you are talented so good job, and if you are skilled may I suggest making one with cgi tubing on the face because it looks cool.

IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A DEAL FOR SOMETHING OR KNOW OF SOMEONE SELLING A GOLD HAU PLEASE PM ME

I see this is an old post but I'd like to give feedback since I'm new here and haven't seen much :P

About the MOCs themselves: I really like these! I think the use of HF and "bootleg" pieces definitley add some (much needed) uniqueness. Using already known kanohi and passing them off as something new definitely wouldn't work, so I like what you did here.

There's one thing that erks me really badly though....Toa Kualus. I guess the heavy use of HF pieces is alright seeing how you wanted each one to be unique (I'm not a Bionicle purist I adore CCBS, its just not very reminicent of the orginal two sets), but in my opinion his color scheme does not work. White and gold is the color scheme for the element of light, not ice. It hurts me :(. And seeing how you want these to be recognizable that kind of takes away from that.

As for painting parts, if you want a part in a different color than is available, paint it. I see LEGO as an art form. Why limit yourself to what you can do? (except I am kinda against modding parts, specifically main building parts etc. For masks, weapons, and armor why not.)

• 1 year later...

What Paint did you use to recolor?

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don’t care what humans think is impossible.

Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all. -Tahu-

What Paint did you use to recolor?

Hi TheLegendOne70. Please make sure to check the timestamp of the last post in a topic before you reply. The last post in this topic was made in March of 2015 -- almost 2 years ago. This is topic revival, which is generally discouraged around here. :)

Topic closed.