Poll: Should Cryoshell come back (for Bionicle Gen2)?

fishers64

READ THE TOPIC TITLE. :P  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nnnnope. I have never held any sort of strong connection between the band and the brand. I understand that some do, somehow, but it genuinely perplexes me. They simply weren't around for that long at all to make that much of a lasting impression or deserve being the definitive musical voice of BIONICLE that they appear to be regarded as.

Plus I never cared for their music, so... Definitely some bias there.

~|ET|~

They've been around since 2007. I'd say that's long enough. Their music is deep and catchy and can be played at parties and social gatherings without any problems. I'd say Cryoshell more than deserves to be the 'definitive musical voice' of Bionicle.

Mate, think of them what you want. I'm not saying anybody's not allowed to love them. That would be dumb.

But nobody's about to change my mind. It's musical taste and that's an entirely subjective matter. Debating it's pointless. I simply never personally think of them, ever, when thinking of BIONICLE like others and that's not something that can be changed either.

~|ET|~

Edited by Ektris

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Very strong no.

They're much better fitted to the later years of G1. I feel that they really wouldn't fit the theme of G2 so far. I'd say we'd need something 'lighter', something less serious. Obviously not so lacking in seriousness that we get a joke of a song or something. I'd prefer we get a song of something like the MNOG chanting. That really was a BIONICLE sound, IMO. Not to mention that a lot of the music in MNOG realy helped define it. We need something like the MNOG music to define Okoto.

I voted strong yes, but at the same time, that's so true.

I kind of hope that G2's flavour changes throughout the years, evolves, as G1 did. Different locations, villains - and for each, music, books, sets, etc., to match them.

=)

• Upvote 1

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

i said neutral. On one hand, it would be fantastic to hear them since they are so integral to the later bionicle years, but on the other hand, it would possibly give gen2 some heavy gen1 baggage.

I would most want to see them play a contributory role, though. Guest vocalist or guest guitarist or something along those lines.

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

I really, really like Cryoshell. But their music is darker than what we are receiving so far from 2015's story. Maybe if the story delves back into the dark tones and high stakes of 2007 and 2008, we could have a tribute from them.

For their sake, I hope they have bigger aspirations and try to emulate Evanescence and so forth. They are decent and could sell rather well if they aim higher. :)

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

I voted "yes". There's something sort of sentimental about Cryoshell, seeing as the band really wouldn't exist if not for Bionicle. And their debut album showcased a lot more musical range than their work for Bionicle would suggest on its own. If the new Bionicle ever has need for a catchy pop or rock song for commercials, movie credits, or what have you, I think Lego could do a lot worse than Cryoshell.

Yeah. Bionicle> Cryoshell, not Bionicle<Cryoshell.

cringe

Cryoshell coming back would be a good thing, but I also wouldn't mind if someone else took their place. This is a new generation so why not get some new blood? I don't expect any masterpieces; most of BIONICLE's music (to me) ranges from good to okay.

Whatever they do, just don't bring back the Piraka Rap guys. The next generation does not need to suffer as we did.

• Upvote 1

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

I'm concerned that a return to rock bands will mean a decline in instrumental music. An array of interesting melodies and atmospheric sounds will transport me to another world. An angsty singer screeching over a load of drums and feedback won't.

The perfect counter to that fear is Ninjago, which from the very beginning has had both promotional rock songs by The Fold for the TV show's intro as well as other assorted promotional music, and a sweeping instrumental score for the TV series by Jay Vincent and Michael Kramer that has even gotten an official soundtrack release (something Bionicle never really had, unless you count the Power Pack CD). Rock songs alone generally make for a poor soundtrack to story media, and an instrumental score alone generally lacks the catchy, stick-in-your-head quality that makes for great promotional material. But by using both you can get the best of both worlds.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I voted strong no. Bionicle Gen 2 is something completely different from Gen 1 and I don't want Cryoshell back. I honestly never thought they made anything noteworthy. I love Bionicle and I love music and I never cared for Cryoshell and I'm glad they're giving life to the Bionicle atmosphere by using an epic orchestra-driven soundtrack to reach a wide range of people rather than forcing some dark rock music just to please the old fans..

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Nnnnope. I have never held any sort of strong connection between the band and the brand. I understand that some do, somehow, but it genuinely perplexes me. They simply weren't around for that long at all to make that much of a lasting impression or deserve being the definitive musical voice of BIONICLE that they appear to be regarded as.

Plus I never cared for their music, so... Definitely some bias there.

~|ET|~

They've been around since 2007. I'd say that's long enough. Their music is deep and catchy and can be played at parties and social gatherings without any problems. I'd say Cryoshell more than deserves to be the 'definitive musical voice' of Bionicle.
I disagree. My school played Creeping in my Soul at a dance and it was widely disliked.
  • Upvote 1