Theory On Toa Canisters

Well we all know that the Toa canisters are the way Toa get around, but a few points just haven't been explained. One, why do they get shot out of Mata-Nui, and two, what sort of crazy malfunction would cause nearly complete memory erase.I propose that the Toa were meant to have another purpose besides protection of Matoran. What if they were also suppose to help Mata-Nui examine planets, hence their being shot out of the MU through Toa Canisters. And also, what if the memory erase wasn't a malfunction, but a emergency protocol. Like if a canister remains unopened for a long period of time by malfunction or outside forces, it would begin erasing memories so that no-one would find out too much about the Great Being's inventions and use them for selfish gain.The Turaga and Toa would still think this was a malfunction because they would have never experienced it.This is just my explanation of something unexplained.

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

It has been explained before. :PThe Toa Mata were supposed to be shot out of Mata Nui and land on the island of Mata Nui to make their way to Metru Nui.Also, it wasn't the Toa Canisters that caused the amnesia; it was because the Toa hibernated for so long.

jlovfkk.jpg

Intreguing, but it only applies to the Toa Canisters the Mata came in. How about other beings and Toa Canisters?-TomdroidserEdit: Slow response.

Edited by tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

The Toa Mata's purpose was to awaken Mata Nui if he ever went into slumber. However, that didn't happen for almost 100,000 years, so the Toa Mata remained inactive for that long, hence why they lost their memories and fell apart (remember they had to piece themselves back together after they arrived on Mata Nui?) in the Toa Canisters.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

They were supposed to blast out and land on/around the island of Mata Nui to get to Metru Nui through Kini Nui. However, while they slept in the codrex, it was fine. However, the great cataclysm, while putting Mata Nui to sleep and activating the Toa Mata, their Toa Canisters malfunctioned, making them simply drift around without any movement. The Toa then slept without their "Life" support systems, making them break apart and lose their memory.Takua then used the Toa Stones created by the Toa Metru to summon them (GG Destiny) so they came.As for other Toa Canisters, they can hold weapons, tools, masks, and have life support hibernation systems (Those freezing things) for long journeys. These should, however, only last for less than a year, so when the Mata slept WITHOUT these systems for over 999 years, they lost their memories.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

It has been explained before. :P The Toa Mata were supposed to be shot out of Mata Nui and land on the island of Mata Nui to make their way to Metru Nui. Also, it wasn't the Toa Canisters that caused the amnesia; it was because the Toa hibernated for so long.

That pretty much sums it up.
but the island of Mata-Nui wasn't suppose to exist, and we all heard that. Mata-Nui described it as a malfunction. I'm not saying that the Toa Mata were suppose to scavenge, but the other Toa might have been. plus, in an alternate time stream, the Toa mata were called on and didn't show up on Mata-Nui because Mata-Nui never existed, so how were they suppose to climb into Mata Nui's mouth as he was flying in space? Maybe the malfunction wasn't that the Toa lost there memories in their sleep, but that the pods were shot out instead of kept in.

As for other Toa Canisters, they can hold weapons, tools, masks, and have life support hibernation systems (Those freezing things) for long journeys. These should, however, only last for less than a year, so when the Mata slept WITHOUT these systems for over 999 years, they lost their memories.

But didn't the Pirika use the exact same Toa canisters on their way to Voya-Nui? They didn't seem to have any problems with them. Plus why would they need life support. They were hibernating in tubes with out any fatal injuries. plus weren't they already asleep when they were put into the tubes? Edited by Toa Lapaka

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

Mata Nui was supposed to exist as an island as a form of camouflauge, though. Further, hich alternate timestream was that? In the Toa Empire Alternate Universe, Tuyet was actually capable of calling for the Toa Mata, who actually arrived in Metru Nui. Also, only the Toa Mata/Nuva were able to exist the Maturan Universe, and the actual malfunction was that they did not land on Mata Nui (island) in stead. Quoth BS01:

They were intended to land on the island created by Mata Nui as camouflage, but their canisters malfunctioned, and they drifted aimlessly in Aqua Magna for a thousand years.

(I can specify a bit more in a few minutes, but I have to eat now.)~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Mata Nui was supposed to exist as an island as a form of camouflauge, though. Further, hich alternate timestream was that? In the Toa Empire Alternate Universe, Tuyet was actually capable of calling for the Toa Mata, who actually arrived in Metru Nui. Also, only the Toa Mata/Nuva were able to exist the Maturan Universe, and the actual malfunction was that they did not land on Mata Nui (island) in stead. Quoth BS01:

They were intended to land on the island created by Mata Nui as camouflage, but their canisters malfunctioned, and they drifted aimlessly in Aqua Magna for a thousand years.

(I can specify a bit more in a few minutes, but I have to eat now.)~ BioGio
Quoth Biosector01:

Mata Nui was a large island on the surface of Aqua Magna, accidentally created by the Great Spirit Mata Nui's camouflage system.

See, it wasn't suppose to have been there, so how were the Toa supposed to land on an island that wasn't supposed to be there? Plus it wasn't much of a camouflage since it only covered his face.Perhaps the Toa Mata were meant to be sent to wherever they were needed to go. Say if the problem was that somehow someone stole something importantfrom Mata Nui, they would be shot to the planet of the thieves.Again, not saying that the Mata were meant to be sent as scavengers, but possibly other Toa were, and the codrex was a system meant to jettison them to the right area Edited by Toa Lapaka

First of all, Biosector should never be used as the ultimate source of things, unless you can find a direct canon material supporting it. Second of all, I'm pretty sure the camouflage system was intended by the Great Beings, but it was an "accident" because it ended up being an island. Mata Nui's camouflage system was accidentally activiated, not that his camouflage system is the result of a mistake.

It makes sense that the Toa are supposed to land on the camo-island (known to the Matoran as Mata Nui) and make their way into Metru Nui... but isn't that kind of nearsighted? It kind of depends on Mata Nui being deployed on a planet when he falls asleep. What if he's floating in space and takes a nap? The Toa would just drift off and maybe land on Bara Magna. (because that's where space junk seems to go)That said, the Great Beings haven't exactly been known to think things through fully.

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

• 2 weeks later...

It has been explained before. :P The Toa Mata were supposed to be shot out of Mata Nui and land on the island of Mata Nui to make their way to Metru Nui. Also, it wasn't the Toa Canisters that caused the amnesia; it was because the Toa hibernated for so long.

That pretty much sums it up.
but the island of Mata-Nui wasn't suppose to exist, and we all heard that. Mata-Nui described it as a malfunction. I'm not saying that the Toa Mata were suppose to scavenge, but the other Toa might have been. plus, in an alternate time stream, the Toa mata were called on and didn't show up on Mata-Nui because Mata-Nui never existed, so how were they suppose to climb into Mata Nui's mouth as he was flying in space? Maybe the malfunction wasn't that the Toa lost there memories in their sleep, but that the pods were shot out instead of kept in.

As for other Toa Canisters, they can hold weapons, tools, masks, and have life support hibernation systems (Those freezing things) for long journeys. These should, however, only last for less than a year, so when the Mata slept WITHOUT these systems for over 999 years, they lost their memories.

But didn't the Pirika use the exact same Toa canisters on their way to Voya-Nui? They didn't seem to have any problems with them. Plus why would they need life support. They were hibernating in tubes with out any fatal injuries. plus weren't they already asleep when they were put into the tubes?
Well, the life support was not so much broken as it was deactivated accidentally during hibernation.

aouROFb.png