On Discussion

Taka Nuvia

Yes, making more "true" discussion topics is probably the only way to go.I guess the fact is, though, some ideas will get recycled in the process. Very technically, information is not zero-sum, but then again good ideas don't pop up that often.

:P

~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

To be honest, I just don't think that Bzpower itself is a particularly interesting subject to discuss. I come here to discuss other things, mainly Bionicle. I don't go on a site just to talk about the site.Taking out the Bionicle-specific content has really hurt this forum, in my opinion.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

To be honest, I just don't think that Bzpower itself is a particularly interesting subject to discuss. I come here to discuss other things, mainly Bionicle. I don't go on a site just to talk about the site.Taking out the Bionicle-specific content has really hurt this forum, in my opinion.

In my opinion, the problem isn't that they made the forum less Bionicle-centric. Rather, the problem is that the attempts to diversify have been somewhat half-baked. BZPower has an opportunity to become a prominent LEGO site simply by focusing on story rather than on sets themselves. It already has a more established fan-art and fan-fiction forum than any other LEGO site I know. Could they take this farther? Could BZP have a section for LEGO storyline & theories, rather than keeping that section exclusive to BIONICLE? Obviously diversifying wouldn't bring back the members BZP had in the past: it'll take time to reach that level of activity again, and I think a big obstacle to that is the frequent downtimes that end up making members lose interest. But BZP would have a lot more staying power if the site quit giving top priority to a dead theme that is hardly producing any new content.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

General Discussion used to get a lot of posts, then it took an arrow to the knee.But on topic, I agree with both Windrider and Sumiki, The focus of GD has been narrowed down, and some of the less active people haven't returned from the downtime, which contributes to a less busy forum. And to be honest, I kinda like that, because there are fewer of the spammy topics (for now) that used to usually clog up GD and keep the more discussion worthy threads off the front page.

I was there when Bionicle started in 2001. The next ten years were a great run. Sadly, all things must come to an end. But I will stop by and check in from time to time.

General Discussion used to get a lot of posts, then it took an arrow to the knee.But on topic, I agree with both Windrider and Sumiki, The focus of GD has been narrowed down, and some of the less active people haven't returned from the downtime, which contributes to a less busy forum. And to be honest, I kinda like that, because there are fewer of the spammy topics (for now) that used to usually clog up GD and keep the more discussion worthy threads off the front page.

But, if you take a look at the current GD, I see mostly "post it here", which I would sorty classify as "spammy"... or am I seeing things wrong?

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

But, if you take a look at the current GD, I see mostly "post it here", which I would sorty classify as "spammy"... or am I seeing things wrong?
Probably should have been more clear, I was referring to the fad topics that show up that are all the same question/topic with one word changed so that it doesn't fit into any of the existing ones.
I was there when Bionicle started in 2001. The next ten years were a great run. Sadly, all things must come to an end. But I will stop by and check in from time to time.

Yes, making more "true" discussion topics is probably the only way to go.I guess the fact is, though, some ideas will get recycled in the process. Very technically, information is not zero-sum, but then again good ideas don't pop up that often.

~

:b: :i: :m_o: :m: :a: :n: :c: :e: :r:~

Well, I guess it's not that bad to recycle old(er) topics if they still hold some discussion value ^^

[...]But, if you take a look at the current GD, I see mostly "post it here", which I would sorty classify as "spammy"... or am I seeing things wrong?

Probably should have been more clear, I was referring to the fad topics that show up that are all the same question/topic with one word changed so that it doesn't fit into any of the existing ones.
Okay, I see. Although, basically, those topics aren't bad or anything, it's just not good if they are the majority. ._.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Not really, ain't we having a discussion about this? http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif

:)Oh, the irony. The topics about discussion in General Discussion are the only topics with discussion. The reason that there is no more discussion in here is because the Bionicle discussion that once was in here has been removed, thus the only discussion that can occur in here is discussion about BZP website improvements, which isn't really a strong discussion point since the most obvious website improvement is the forum banner, and most of us get that. Right now, the Bzpower pet peeves topic is holding a discussion about that, if anyone wants a discussion to participate in regarding that.

Yes, making more "true" discussion topics is probably the only way to go. I guess the fact is, though, some ideas will get recycled in the process. Very technically, information is not zero-sum, but then again good ideas don't pop up that often.

Well, I guess it's not that bad to recycle old(er) topics if they still hold some discussion value ^^

Yeah, I imagine it would have to be done eventually with some ideas anyway. It just kind of feels weird sometimes to specifically bring up old ideas.

~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

I think it's okay to redo other people's old discussion topics. After all, the original topic is closed, and it's a shame to waste a good discussion point just because its been done before six months ago (or more). If you feel weird about it, you can always mention where you got the idea from.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I feel like the reason that there's not as much discussion in the GD forum anymore is simply because a lot of people that were previously coming to BZPower a lot more are now coming to it less often. Therefore there's not as many people who are interested in actually discussing a certain topic, and as such the number of real discussions has dropped tremendously. It was like this even on the old BZPower, but back then there at least were people who would try to start true discussions on a regular basis, albeit with mixed results. Here, however, I think that the GD forum has sadly lost that quality.-CM