Mnog And Mnog Ii

So, basically, I'm a bit confused on whether or not MNOG (Mata Nui Online Game) and MNOG II are canon or not. MNOG doesn't seem to contradict with anything in the established canon, but it was never approved by the story team. BIONICLESector01 treats both games as canon, though, so I'm a little confused. Still, aspects of MNOG came up later in the canon storyline, such as the Great Sundial and the mental bond established between Gali and Takua, so is this the story team's way of accepting MNOG as canon?As for MNOG ll, are all the Matoran who appeared in that game canon? For example, are people like Aft and Pelagia canon? Also, MNOG II being canon might cause some problems, because it'd bring up the question of who built all those temples and put crystals in them.Also, I did read the "Continuity" sections on both MNOG and MNOG ll's BIOICLESector01 pages, but I felt it didn't clarify the issue enough, which is why I'm asking here.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

iirc BIONICLESector01 considers both games to be semi-canon, which means there are some parts that are canon and some parts that aren't. However I'm pretty sure the original MNOLG is entirely canon.The Matoran names in MNOLG2 are canon, because some appear in the Toa Metru Promo disks as well, and the stories told there are considered canon. Plus, some Ga-Matoran from the MNOLG2 also appear in the fan-created canon story, Tentacles.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Honestly, what BS01 says is or isn't canon isn't always accurate. It's accurate to what they feel should be accurate. What they say is not law. However, MNOLG and MNOLG II can both probably be said to be canon as there's nothing to suggest they aren't.EDIT: The whole beginning part is simply my opinion that has developed from reading some of the BS01 discussion pages. Nothing of fact.

Edited by Lewa Krom

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

We label the events and such as semi-canon, because as Mr. Anon1 did point out, some things do tend to conflict. The way the BS01 articles write them are in their entirety, with various things added to give some clarification (such as links to articles).For the actual storyline events around that period, I'd personally recommend you view the Saga Guides (Here for the MNOLG story, and here for the MNOLG2 story) versus the MNOLG Walkthrough, which was taken from an actual PDF file LEGO released after the fact. The article itself is unchanged from that document, with links only added.

bzpsig2015.png

I'd assume that all the temples are similar to kini-nui and the telescope, and that they are all devices deployed from Mata-Nuis body. The inside of them will be inside the great spirit robot. The crystals were probably put there by the Great Beings as a way of gathering the matoran, as I collecting the crystals teleported all the matoran to kini-nui?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't