Toa Lewa Mata Pencil Drawing

SolitaryHyena

Well, here's a little drawing of Lewa Mata I've been working on, In my opinion, its good to me. It's one of my early bionicle drawings, but i kinda just finished it today.When i scanned the Picture, it turned out like this:http://s459.photobuc...can_Pic0001.jpgBut then I edited it a bit, just rotated 90 degrees and darkened the sketch and it turned out like this:http://s459.photobuc...urrent=Lewa.jpgSo, this is like my first time kinda sharing my drawing in a topic, but tell me what you think. I think i drew too light and that's why it didn't turn out perfect when i scanned it. opinions of all are accepted.Edit 11/18/11: Thanks! I guess i could become a better artist, but yeah thanks for all your opinions. Ill try to keep all your tip in mind when I draw next time! Edit2 11/18/11: Yeah i didn't want to trace over it because i didn't really want to ruin the great drawing I did, i just wanted to keep it plain pencil, but now i know scanners don't like pencils. And I like drawing them in set forms, because that's how the comics did, but i gave them hands so that it could be a bit more realistic. In the future, i want to make a bionicle manga, like a good one just so people could enjoy reading the story through a comic form, but i want to add ALL of the stories into it(like the novels stories), starting from year one.

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

Wow that is frickin good. I really think you caught the essence of lewa. and the angle you have him in is really unique.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

This is really good! You have a lot of really great detail in there.I'd say the number one thing that needs work now, is perspective. See how his left foot looks slanted and bent out of shape? That's because the inside of his foot should be a little smaller, cause it's farther away.Little stuff like that will make your work a lot better.Can't wait to see more!

jlovfkk.jpg

Nicely done! It definitely gives off that "Lewa" feel. The only thing that kinda bugs me is that he's not positioned in the center of the image, but more at the top. But I guess that was so as to be able to capture the fact that he's high up in a tree, so I'll ignore that little detail. I love it!t1ssig.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Nice drawing! ^^ And don't worry; I've had my fair share of scans alter my drawings (all the time). Scanners don't seem to like pencil in general. In the future, if you're going to do regular non-colored drawings or sketches to scan, I'd suggest drawing in pen. Ink shows up a lot better than pencil.The set detail is really great and I like the pose. ^^ The background detail could use some work, but that's something I struggle with. ^^'Overall, I like it. Though, it's not always a bad idea to do things in your own style as opposed to copying the set. You can draw the set just fine, so if you wanted to try to do something unique with the style, you probably could. But, hey, it's your drawing so you do what you want. ^^

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

• 3 weeks later...

You have used hatching and line direction very effectively to give the mechanical feel where necessary. I think the realism speaks for itself in most places. A successful portrayal overall.One thing I did notice however was the mask. Masks can be tricky, especially the Miru. The Miru has very few lines (which appears to be your forte) and relies heavily on proper shading to pull off the feel. Work a little on shading...and then you'll have a flawless work!Grats on a nice job.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

Really nice! You certianly got Lewa well, and he looks quite set-like, with no innaccurracies. I would really only suggest that you ink in dark the thigns you want to stand out more. Lewa´s right foot (from his perpsective) looks like it´s fading into the aether of Le-Wahi.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I'm almost done with my Tahu mata drawing. :biggrin: But the backround right now is really suckish >.<. Tahu's backround was more intentional than in Lewa, cuz i just drew out lewa first and didn't think of putting a backround, but i drew a tree branch for him to be standing on, and so I somehow then just ended up drawing a forest backround. that might be why it looked out of proportion a bit. But tahu's backround looks bad so far. >.< And tahu isn't drawn as good. :( but still, I think it will be an amazing picture once you all see it.Edit: Wow this topic is pretty dead. :(

Edited by Kv195

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."