There's a few other pronunciations too, like Reidak (Ree-dak instead of Ray-dak), Lewa (Lee-wa instead of Lay-wa), and probably a few other names that I don't even realize I'm screwing up...

Wait... Its not Lee-wa?

It is Lee-wa. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. :P

Nah, that surprised me too. I still say Lee-wa though. I just can't picture the Toa of Air as Hawaiian.

I do remember the ps2 bionicle game calling him Loo-WAH for some reason. But they got everyone else's name right.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

• 1 month later...

I seriously used to pronounced Kopeke's name as "Ko-peh-kee", Hewkii as "HYOO-kee" and the Bohrok as "BAW-rawk" until I grew the heck up and came to my senses.

I called him jailer by accident once.

Captain of the Guard. The Prison Guards.

• Upvote 3

mindeth the cobwebs

I seriously used to pronounced Kopeke's name as "Ko-peh-kee", Hewkii as "HYOO-kee" and the Bohrok as "BAW-rawk" until I grew the heck up and came to my senses.

Hydraxon might need a new line of work. 

bZpOwEr

I think its funny how so much of this topic has gone over to name pronounciations. I am not aware of anything I have put into landmarks without realizing it as usually when I read the books or guides or whatever, I usually inadvertantly skim over setting information unless something catches my eye.

As for names, if you would've asked me two or three years ago, I would've been shocked at all of the strange name pronunciations here. But since getting more involved in the Bionicle community, many of my old ways of saying names have been reduced or altered. I can't remember my old ways, but here are a few I remember:

Lariska: Lar-ihk-ess-ah

Rahkshi: Rah-sheh-kee

Jaller: Basically Jailer

--And all of the post-naming day names which don't look at all like they were now spelled.

Tahu: Taah-hu

Gali: Gaaaaaaaaaa-lee

Lewa: LEE-wah

Onua: (let's just say I didn't said 'new' not 'nuew')

Kopaka: Cop-ah-kah

Pohatu: Poh-haa-tu

Dume: Doom (seriously, where did Lego get the added -ah?)

Vakama: Vaa-kama

Nokama: No kaama. Seriously, guys. No kaama.

Matau: Ma-too

I guess that was more than I thought I remembered. Being closer to one of those harder-vowel cities, much of what I said had harder vowels at first. Since watching more TTV I use softer vowels in names. (And tell me if I got something wrong above; I always am anxious to be corrected in this regard.)

To all BIONICLE fanfiction writers - send me your work, I'd genuinely love to read it - especially canon compliant pieces. I'm always looking for more such material to read and to circulate with my friends.

Please don't post in topics that haven't had a reply in over 60 days.

Revived topic closed.