Official Recent Musical Purchases Thread

kongutohunga

Thick As A Brick 2 - Ian AndersonI've just started listening to it maybe a minute, minute-and-a-half ago, but, so far, so good.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The Needles The Space - Straylight RunHomesick - A Day To RememberI dunno why I bought Homesick, but surprisingly, some parts don't totally suck.-Teezy

Honestly ADTR is kinda addicting if you accept their silliness. Anyway, I found a copy of I Am The Movie by Motion City Soundtrack at goodwill for a buck. Great purchase
nhsYE.jpg

Picked up Buy Now... Saved Later by One Minute Silence for £0.45.Only heard one song by them, but hey, it's a bargain.

The Unforgiving by Within Temptation.

Whatcha think of it?I only listened to it once for some reason, but I liked it. Guess I'm just not as obsessed with them as I was 'round the time The Heart of Everything came out.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

-A Thousand Suns (Special Edition) by Linkin Park-Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen -- Score by Steve Jablonsky with Linkin Park (note: "score" means the actual film score, not the collection of songs dubbed a "soundtrack")-All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2-How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb by U2-Save Me, San Francisco by Train-The Beautiful Letdown by Switchfoot-Hello Hurricane by Switchfoot-2112 by RushThe first two albums I procured from a friend; the latter six I got from the library. My musical collection is beginning to take shape; now if only I had some more albums that aren't a form of rock... :P

HAPPY RECORD STORE DAY- A Spoonful Weighs A Ton 7" - The Flaming Lips / Mastodon- A Commotion / Black Tongue 7" - Mastodon / Feist- Stygian X} Bisection 7" - Deerhoof / Of Montreal- The Electronic Anthology Project of Dinosaur Jr. - The Electronic Anthology Project- Sacred Bones Presents: Todo Muere Vol. 2 - Various Artists- Forever Miles - Miles Davis- The Shape Of Punk To Come - Refused- Transverse Temporal Gyrus - Animal Collective- The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends - The Flaming LipsPlus a couple free CDs (Coachella recordings and a Sup Pop Records sampler)Solid day. The only things I didn't get that I wanted were the Public Image Ltd. EP, M83 7" and the St. Vincent 7".

-Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park-Meteora by Linkin Park-Music from the Under9round by Linkin Park (compilation of various Linkin Park songs)-Inception (Official Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer-The Thing (Official Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Marco Beltrami-Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Official Motion Picture Soundtrack) by John WilliamsLinkin Park is the closest I've gotten to owning rap music. They'll have to do for a while, I suppose.

My local library system has a fifteen-album limit on a single checkout.You ought to know what I'm working toward now. :P-X&Y by Coldplay-Leave This Town by Daughtry-Slice by Five for Fighting-Lifehouse and Smoke & Mirrors by Lifehouse-More Than You Think You Are by Matchbox Twenty-Absolution by Muse-Oh! Gravity by Switchfoot-How to Save a Life by The Fray-For Me, It's You by Train-The Joshua Tree, The Best of 1980-1990 (at the insistence of my youngest brother when we learnt the album checkout limit was one more than the total of the albums I had listed), and No Line on the Horizon by U2-Fragile and Close to the Edge by YesI also got some of my dad's albums:-Positivity by Incognito-Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em by MC Hammer (my first rap album, whoo)-Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd-The 20 Greatest Hits and The Beatles (A.K.A. The White Album) by The Beatles-35 Biggest Hits by Toby KeithMy digital music library has almost literally exploded with content.

Since BZPower's been down:Albums:Common Faults from The Silent Comedy (Absolutely love this one. Not a single song I don't adore in some way.)Faith Divides Us-Death Unites Us - Paradise Lost (Curse you -Malchior-!)United Destination 2011 (Mixed By Dash Berlin) - Various Artists (Some real great ones on here)Individual songs:When I'm Not Around - Iris Anchor Song - Freesscape (Oh God. This one is just beautiful. Like...Like, so beautiful)

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Just got The Flaming Lips - Embryonic and Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven a few days ago.I also bought Jack White's new album, Blunderbuss, the day after it came out. It has quickly become one of my favorite albums.Instrument-wise, I got the White Stripes mini theremin recently, and am saving up to get a real one.EDIT: Ah, and of course record store day passed by a few weeks ago. My local store sold out of a lot of the releases quickly and I didn't get all that I wanted, but I made out with The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends, theSt. Vincent KROKODIL/GROT 7", and the Rosie Thomas/Sufjan Stevens Split 7". I also purchased, though not RSD releases, Whirr - Pipe Dreams and Pixies - Surfer Rosa on sale that day.

Edited by Scatterbrain

1990-2000: A Decade of Domination by Pantera, Hello Nasty by Beastie Boys, and Neck of the Woods by Silversun Pickups.

solid album bro Modest Mouse - Building Nothing Out Of SomethingModest Mouse - Lonesome Crowded Westthe last time I felt this way about a band was when I discovered QOTSAi don't think this feeling is going awayi love isaac brock <3 Edited by G.I.R

only in dreams.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Euphoria" by Loreen."Alpha Noir/Omega White" by Moonspell."Lost in Space Pts. 1 and 2" by Avantasia.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Oh, and I also got Florence + The Machine's single Breath Of Life off of the soundtrack for Snow White & The Huntsman. The song is so frickin' genius and epic. Probably her most massive song yet, and her music is already massive. I also got Owl City's single Lonely Lullaby and EP Shooting Star. He always makes the cutest and saddest music. The music just screams GAYYYYY and I love it. 'Cause I'm gay. <3

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

Ten Stories by mewithoutYou (post-hardcore). One of my all-time favorite bands delivers another spectacular album. They return to their Catch for Us the Foxessound that I've been a fan of all along. Daybreaker by Architects (metalcore). Musically, this is a pretty brutal album. So far I feel like this is my favorite album from Architects. Making Mirrors by Gotye. I had to see what all the talk was about. "Somebody that I Used to Know" is a good song, but compared to the rest of the album, it is far from my favorite. This CD is simply a fun one to hear. Within and Without and Life of Liesure by Washed Out. I initially discovered Washed Out by searching for the bump/transition music featured in Portlandia. This music is a certain kind of mellow I listen to on summer nights. Highly enjoyable music.

What is dead may never die.

Within and Without and Life of Liesure by Washed Out. I initially discovered Washed Out by searching for the bump/transition music featured in Portlandia. This music is a certain kind of mellow I listen to on summer nights. Highly enjoyable music.

Chillwave is still a thing? Edited by Ghostie

Trentemoller's The Last Resort. It's cold, winter-y Electronica instrumentals. Pure Scandinavian melancholy.His entire album is so genius. It's a perfect mix of Electronica and visual elements inside the music itself.I mean, just check out the artwork:

The_Last_Resort_cover.jpg

Edited by Vespertine

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif